Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Re: The Philippines is a shithole, perhaps even for women...

Post by In2dadark »

Array9 wrote:
Ghost wrote: I knew she wasn't a virgin, and that was my first error. She was a church-goer, ...........

I realized that a girl who tells you that she goes to church doesn't have much value in the Philippines.
I am a Christian but I met tons of "church girls" who were absolute liars and scammers. I guess church was just a way to free themselves from any guilt.

I am not here to preach but I refuse to marry a girl unless she is a virgin. This just comes from years of experience with women.
The church line is BS everywhere. All religions are controlled by Satan. It should be a warning sign if they go to church & can't see there is something wrong there.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Ghost wrote:This keeps getting more and more f***ed up the more I think about it.

All those Filipinas on dating sites...All those Filipinas that say they "hate liars." My God. They really are looking for the most honest men.

That way they know they have the easiest prey.

My God, my God. It was always a lie. This whole planet is full of psychopaths. And they are relentless. They don't stop. They want everyone on this God-forsaken world to be like them.

Well, f**k. No where to go. No way out. I have nothing left to resist with.

It's not that some countries are worse than others. It's the species. It's just one big walking mental disease.

I knew this before...but now it is like I am understanding it for the first time. Men don't break until they lose all hope. It's the optimists who die first. I never had that rosy view of the world. I made it longer than many. Not that it matters, but I did.

Pyschopathy is the only way to make it in this world. And now it's global. You can't even live in this world without becoming it. No more treading water being one of the good guys.

I can see it with fresh eyes. Pumping and dumping is just the start. There's so much more to do from there.
I can understand how you've come to this conclusion. There are 6 million (plus) cell phone towers world wide. This is one mass weapon against humanity. The easiest to control w/ it are the talking ass females who are always using these devices. Ppl scoff at me when I say this; but I'm older than cell phones. I see the diff. before & after. You can only microwave your brain for so long before things go south.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Ghost wrote:My God, my God. It was always a lie. This whole planet is full of psychopaths. And they are relentless. They don't stop. They want everyone on this God-forsaken world to be like them.

Well, f**k. No where to go. No way out. I have nothing left to resist with.

It's not that some countries are worse than others. It's the species. It's just one big walking mental disease.

I knew this before...but now it is like I am understanding it for the first time. Men don't break until they lose all hope. It's the optimists who die first. I never had that rosy view of the world. I made it longer than many. Not that it matters, but I did.

Pyschopathy is the only way to make it in this world. And now it's global. You can't even live in this world without becoming it. No more treading water being one of the good guys.
Human nature is a disease and a GOOD religion is the cure. If you are part of an ultra-Orthodox Jewish community or a traditional Anabaptist community, then you don't have to be a psychopath.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost wrote:
Winston wrote:OP,
Why would you leave lots of cash in your belongings? That's stupid. No one does that. Everyone carries their cash on them. Put your cash in your FRONT pocket. Don't carry too much either. Just around $200 at a time. Then you won't lose much even if you do get robbed or pickpocketed. Everyone knows this. Come on now.

I've never understood why some guys carry around $500 or more in cash with them. That's unnecessary.
It was because I needed backup cash in case my Chinese ATM card ceased working. I knew that would be unlikely, but still. I never left my belongings in the apartment or hotel with anyone else. That means my ex-gf's brother had to have stolen it WHILE I was in there too. And I never stayed too far away from it. That f***er probably robbed me while I was taking a piss or something.
Yeah I had a bar girl steal $100 from my wallet once while I was in the shower. She sat on the toilet and there was a wall between the toilet and the shower, which allowed her to do it quickly. She only needed a few seconds. I didn't know she could do it that fast. My pants were on top of the toilet tank, with my wallet in it. They don't usually do that to me though. That was the first time.

Why did you leave your cash in your luggage rather than on you?

Do you mean that he confessed to it later on? You said he apologized for it right?

You know, if you don't want to get scammed or used, just be firm about it in the beginning and let them know somehow. Act like a cheapskate and tightwad, and tell them it's not your policy to lend money. Or tell them you are not going to play Santa Claus. If they fail, they won't try again. That's what I found. It's a good way to filter them out.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Ghost:

In your new attitude aren't you becoming like the persons who did you wrong? Will some innocent person not suffer, albeit emotionally, because of they way you will treat them?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Ghost wrote: Honestly, the best thing that could happen to the country is a mass execution of their male scum, then the females (which are largely worthless) could just go completely up for grabs with no interference. Ah, well. I can dream.
I am unsure about which country you are talking now. USA? Philippines?

Yes, dreaming .. what you write here can be said about almost every country and about many people in this world. There is everywhere theft, robbery, scam etc.

Calm down and have a nice dream about a better world...[/youtube]
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I've noticed one interesting thing. If an American guy goes to the Philippines ( and Thailand)and gets ripped off and then expresses his frustrations online, he gets no compassion. He gets shat upon even more after that. The response would be:

Americans and other Westerners swear on their mothers' grave that nothing like this ever happened to them while there and that they've been living there for 50 years and that the locals are so angelic, they don't urinate or defecate and just fly like fairies from flower to flower.

Then they attack the poor guy with " you dum--a-s" expletives or come up with complex cosmological theories of subjective perception and the outside world being just a reflection of the inside of that man.

Then, some Filipinos ( or Thais)- either locally based or stateside based- attack the poor guy online too, calling him all kinds of names and throwing a few F bombs and telling him not to come back, because it was foreigners ( or Americans) who f_cked up the country, and now it is that way. Behind them, seconding the are angry baritone voices of their American( or other Western) husbands and boyfriends teaching him about cultural awareness and telling that he needs to be more sensitive. That it was his lack of cultural sensitivities that cause the whole thing in the first place.

If the same guy goes to Russia and gets ripped off there, he can have millions of cubic tons of compassion online. No problemo! Americans and other Westerners are now calling Russians every kind of racist name ( it's OK, they are white, you see- they look like us, and we hate ourselves because we are all racists) and threatening to unleash a nuclear holocaust against Russia, Ukraine and all the other goddamn commie bastards out there.

They start calling the Russians thieving, scheming hoes and make fun of them calling all them Ivans and frothing at the mouth in the process. If some poor Russian girl would join in the discussion, she would be flamed, and angry, self righteous US ex military members of the board would tell her to go back to Russia and to kiss Putin's as#. That the US ICBMs in the silos are awaiting their launch and that soon, Russians will be made into chicken Kiev with a new Pentagon missile.

If it was a Ukrainian girl that ripped off the poor American, the answer is again "same fu-king s-it" and that Ukrainians are Russian commies and deserve to be nuked for what they did to the American compatriot. Ah, why such different responses?

Because of the white guilt of the Western male. He has been taught by the media that all evil in the world has been caused by white people and that all non white people are victims and cannot be evil or dishonest or racist. It's just an impossibility. Hence, if an Asian mistreats a white person, it's always the white person's fault. But if it's a white person mistreats the white person, then the tables are even and it's time to hate back.

So, it's time for some plain speaking. The Philippines as well as Russia and even Costa Rica are highly corrupt societies with a large number of cheats, crooks, users, criminals, freeloaders etc. And an American is fair game in those countries. Plus being a foreigner anywhere is no fun.

Anybody who goes to the Philippines needs to be thoroughly briefed. There are so many boards now that describe scams that go on there. You must read them, otherwise you become a victim. And don't expect much compassion from Asian people anywhere. For them to admit something bad is to lose face. For their apologist Western allies ( husband an boyfriends) to do that is to be racist. So, there is rage coming back from the screen at you.

Magically changing into compassion and arrogant indignation at the perpetrator if it is some FSU country. Here, no problem.

OP, so my response to you is this- sorry for what happened to you there. No it is not your fault. You fell victim to the rottenness of the Philippine society and the schemes that take place there. And trust me, Filipinos cheat and lie to each other, too. They deadbeat each other and steal and rob. They use anyone who is naive and nice. The good people that I know there, the honest and kind ones got used as well. And those foreigners who live there often become crooks and cheats too. The level of corruption, dishonesty etc is very high.

In the US, you know the game and the rules and you don't get ripped off. But many immigrants who come to the US, who don't speak English also get used and scammed. Because they don't know the rules. The same goes for the Philippines. And Russia, etc.

Hope you didn't lose more than a couple of thousand dollars to those crooks.

If you don't have any interest in the Philippine culture ( the way I do- with me it's an obsession), then, there is no reason for you to go there again. But you can warn others on www.cebuliving.com- subscribe to forums and go into the scam section. I do it all the time.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Ava Paige
Freshman Poster

Re: The Philippines is a shithole, perhaps even for women...

Post by Ava Paige »

Ghost wrote:I lived in the Philippines for almost two months, but I never fully explained what went on with me there.

Short version: Before living in the Philippines, I dreamed of finding a good girl there and making a home. Not even two months there, and I'm hoping the Chinese will nuke the country.

If you're a monger, the Phils has what you need. Still plenty of that to go around. You know what you're getting and you have nothing to complain about. Foreigners are "loved" there, but also have bad reputations. Even if you're a common white guy with a minimum wage job, you're still a "rich kano" to these fuckers. The more intelligent ones won't call you this to your face, but that is still how they think of you.

I had a girlfriend there. I was going for a real relationship, not a whore. I knew she wasn't a virgin, and that was my first error. She was a church-goer, has a job, takes care of her family. I see her for a week last year, and at the time it was the happiest week of my life, but I realize I would never marry her. I go to live there for nearly two months after finishing up in China, and that was when things went downhill.

I let my emotions get in the way of breaking off a relationship with no future, and that was mistake number two.

Well, a few weeks into my stay there, I'm spending too much money. People are trying to rip me off, my girlfriend hardly spends time with me and denies me sex, and her family invites themselves to tag along to dinners frequently. (Guess who got to pay?) Later on she starts ignoring me and not talking to me and goes into full bitch mode. I try to communicate, to no avail. I do eventually find out she is angry because I won't marry her. All I can think about that is how much worse her behavior would become if I did marry her...

I stop going out because everyone sees me as a walking bag of money, just resources to be used and discarded. It doesn't matter that I tried learning some Tagalog to communicate better. It doesn't matter that I talk about Filipino things I like. I'm still just a "rich kano," a resource to be abused.

Eventually I leave her little city and go stay close to Manila in a hotel, where I stay until my flight out of that dump. Before I leave, there's more interaction with her family. And we even have a going away dinner. My girlfriend's behavior even gets better.

Night before I leave, I realize I've been robbed. Someone stole a sizable amount of cash from my belongings. No one knew about it, so that meant someone went looking to see if I had anything. Even more disturbing is that only someone in her family could've ever access to it. And I never left my valuables at home or in my hotel room alone with anyone else. So not only did it have to be her or a family member, they had to have done it while in the house/hotel with me. Perhaps when I went to take a piss, who the f**k knows?

Well, I've been out of that shithole for a while now. Later on, I get a message from her brother saying he is sorry about my money.

I paid the "rich kano" tax. Beware if you live in the Phils for any length of time. Do not trust any of those subhuman scum. I noticed when there that most of them have this unintelligent look, like they have subhuman mental capacity. No ability to think rationally and make good choices.

My ex-gf's deadbeat brother didn't help out his family (which is poor) or even his own son, who is a year old and has been f***ing sick. Probably spent that $1K already, and that's why he said sorry - hoping I would forgive him and come back so he could get more money. So I messaged him and my ex-gf and told them all how rotten they are and to f**k off. They killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

I will return to that country in the future, but only for short vacations to pump n' dump the women. You see, foreigners have a bad reputation there but those subhuman flips don't see the...flipside. Foreigners get used and abused and treated like moneybags while they are there. It is the foreigners who get exploited the most. And that is why I will only use that shithole of a country for my own pleasure from now on.
I'm sorry about your bad experience here. I think the most effective way to appreciate country at its best is to choose an area that suits you best, never trust people with your stuff (most especially your emotions) and not get involved with anyone or anything too much. The most important thing is just to get a bit of look and taste of the most interesting stuff for you and then, that's it. Mostly it's just a matter of who you choose to interact with, what you share and what you choose to feel about it.

If you really dislike the country that much, the best way is to just leave and go somewhere else that will make you happy. It's not "Happier Abroad" if you will go back just to bear the environment that you hate, again, just to use your previous bad experience and culture shock (which seems to me is just your strong hate for the customs and its people) to use and maybe exploit someone/something else that had nothing to do with what you experienced and how you felt.
J_master
Freshman Poster

Post by J_master »

It's common in the culture over there. Even family members and best friends like to swindle each other. Lick your wounds and learn the lesson. Your lucky It was only $1000. Don't get mad get even..
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ladislav wrote:I've noticed one interesting thing. If an American guy goes to the Philippines ( and Thailand)and gets ripped off and then expresses his frustrations online, he gets no compassion. He gets shat upon even more after that.
Certainly not quite true on Living in Cebu where one tale of woe begets a dozen others. There's guys there who post hundreds if not thousands of complaints. Of course they don't leave the country - can't imagine why not :)

Here's a story, for what it's worth. I am old enough to remember a time when people did not lock their doors - literally. In my suburban neighborhood as a teen no one locked their houses or cars. It seems like a different world. One summer there was a series of burglaries in my neighborhood, including our house. Paranoia swept the neighborhood and from then on everyone locked their doors.

This does NOT make the thieves not culpable. Of course they were. They still broke the law and did what society deems to be illegal and immoral. But that summer we learned at least a little bit about the need (and responsibility) to protect ourselves. When you go abroad you have to be an adult. You have to know that there are bad people out there and protect yourself. Just complaining after the fact when you didn't lock your door, euphemistically speaking, isn't enough.

So when I read those posts on Living in Cebu in the majority of cases, the guy was a dumbass, sometimes hysterically so. That doesn't make the liar/scammer/thief not culpable. But that also does not make the guy not a dumbass, which sometimes people point out. After being victimized, you can either complain about the injustice or change your own behavior. Guys who do the former end up being victimized often; those who do the latter, learn and grow.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I agree with Ladislav: let's support each other and not criticize too harshly. We need to come together when a member of the forum has a bad experience in a country. Let's encourage each other rather than tear each other down. ...
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

ladislav wrote:And trust me, Filipinos cheat and lie to each other, too. They deadbeat each other and steal and rob. They use anyone who is naive and nice. The good people that I know there, the honest and kind ones got used as well. And those foreigners who live there often become crooks and cheats too.
My wife's former Filipino manager was dating a hooker and he didn't know it until she stole all the stuff out of his apartment.

Also, my wife used to have a small loan company and an American expat borrowed some money and now refuses to pay her.

Disputes over money and property in the Philippines are very common and often require a visit to the Barangay Captain who acts as a mediator since no one has money for a lawyer or claims court.

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”