Some constructive criticism about recent podcasts.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Some constructive criticism about recent podcasts.

Post by Repatriate »

Watch what music you use in your podcasts. You can get sued by the owner of the piece even if it's just an instrumental of a popular song and your stuff will get yanked from any other site if you ever put it up there. They have search engines and people that comb podcasts for this stuff now. You don't want to be stuck in litigation over this shit it has happened to other podcasts.

Stop saying "you know" and adding in "uhs" into every sentence. It's basic public speaking 101. This was especially noticeable with the OTB (Kenny) interview. Just tell people to watch out for this before giving interviews.

Watch ambient noise levels. There's too much background noise including double talk issues and it sounds like you were ripping farts at one point. Plus there were a few drop outs.

Winston, stop repeating the same questions over and over again in the same interview. At least do your homework about basic stuff before interviewing someone so you have relevant things to ask. You asked eurobrat literally the same 5 things about the E.U. that he answered already. You can find stuff about Schengen visas in less than 1 minute with a wikipedia search.

Also Winston your historical knowledge is pitiful stop talking about european wars and history if your info is all from just stuff you "heard." It's just a huge derail over nothing. I'm glad Eurobrat was able to set you straight on a lot of stuff.

It's also unbelievable how you thought Italy was as poor as the Ukraine. Seriously, dude?

Eurobrat and Kenny both had some excellent knowledge. I am sure I will use Berlin as a base country now when I head out there for a visit. The Berlin info was gold and hopefully it'll still good for some time still.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Some constructive criticism about recent podcasts.

Post by eurobrat »

Repatriate wrote:Eurobrat and Kenny both had some excellent knowledge. I am sure I will use Berlin as a base country now when I head out there for a visit. The Berlin info was gold and hopefully it'll still good for some time still.
Country huh :lol: JK

Yes I really recommend Berlin as a descent base if not be sure to at least visit.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

eurobrat wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Eurobrat and Kenny both had some excellent knowledge. I am sure I will use Berlin as a base country now when I head out there for a visit. The Berlin info was gold and hopefully it'll still good for some time still.

Yes I really recommend Berlin as a descent base if not be sure to at least visit.
Germany that is.. :lol:
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Repatriate wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

Germany that is.. :lol:
I'll have my write up on Berlin done in a few weeks. I'm working on it now, giving it thought.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
You need to humble yourself. You say lots of stupid things too. I'll bet my IQ is higher than yours. I could easily kill you in chess.

I don't like stammering and saying "um" and "you know" either. But it can't be helped or controlled. I cannot think as fast as I talk, so I have to fill in the gaps with a breather. Plus people who are overweight do that to take a breath between thoughts and words. It's not something you can control. I didn't do that on purpose.

You are too overly critical and negative. Doing podcasts and radio shows is not my forte. But no one else will do them for us, so I have to do them in the meantime. My strength is in writing, not speaking.

That folk music has been around for a long time. You can't get sued over it. Stop being paranoid. That would be like getting sued for singing "Yankee doodle dandee". If I commit a copyright violation, I will simply be asked by my webhost to take it down. I won't be sued over it. Those songs are also on YouTube, so if YouTube doesn't take it down, it must be ok.

I did not ask Eurobrat the same questions 5 times. Maybe 2 times, but not 5. You are exaggerating.

The drop outs cannot be helped. If you are talking to people abroad, they happen a lot.

Of course you can find out stuff on Wikipedia. But this podcast is for the general layman who doesn't know much yet. Duh.

My historical knowledge is not pitiful you dumbass. It's way better than yours. I've been watching history documentaries everyday for the last few years. So I know a lot about history, a lot more than you.

During the podcast, I said that after the Napoleonic Wars ended in 1815, Europe had 100 years of peace without war. Why do you claim that I'm wrong about that? If I'm wrong, then prove it. Otherwise, you're full of it and talking out of your ass.

Why don't we ask our history expert, Momopi, about it? Momopi, am I right or wrong?

You know, when Rock was here, I showed him a picture of Mount Rushmore, with the faces of famous US Presidents on it. Rock asked "Who's the guy with the mustache?" I said, "That's Teddy Roosevelt. How can you not recognize him?"

Why do you never criticize Rock or others, only me? Why are you such a f***ing asshole bully that likes to pick on me? I'd like to see you pick on me in person. You are an online bully who is unfair and full of it and arrogant, the typical American toxic personality we are trying to get away from abroad.

Finally, if you think you can do better, Repatriate, why don't you do some podcast shows for us? Show us how it's done. If they are good, I will post them on our podcast page.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

I thought the podcast was good overall....Eurobrat came across as very clear and articulate and it was good to hear someone on HA talk about there experiences overseas, the good, bad and ugly....

Winston however sounded bored and half asleep during the interview repeating the same questions over and over....Not good...Also I felt that the interview could have been condensed to 1 hour as opposed to 2 hours....This way you can hit your topics quicker and make it an easy listening experience....

Just my critique....
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:During the podcast, I said that after the Napoleonic Wars ended in 1815, Europe had 100 years of peace without war. Why do you claim that I'm wrong about that? If I'm wrong, then prove it.
It was more peaceful than it had been, but there was the Franco-Prussian War, Crimean War etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: During the podcast, I said that after the Napoleonic Wars ended in 1815, Europe had 100 years of peace without war. Why do you claim that I'm wrong about that? If I'm wrong, then prove it. Otherwise, you're full of it and talking out of your a**.
Why don't we ask our history expert, Momopi, about it? Momopi, am I right or wrong?
On the Eastern European front, the Greek War of 1821-1829 and Russian-Ottoman War of 1828-1829 involved Greece, Ottoman Empire, British Empire, France, and Russian Empire.

On the Western European front, the Carlist War of 1833-1839 involved Spain, Portugal, British Empire, and France.

There is no accurate estimate on total military and civilian causalities, but a rough guesstimate is about 500,000 from the conflicts above.

If you need audio clips for your video, there are various sources for free, public domain audio from sites such as freesound.org. Example:
https://www.freesound.org/people/Meral/sounds/104588/

If you use someone else's copyrighted works, you should credit the works or citation.

If you have audio level issues, you can load the video and audio tracks into Camtasia and "normalize" the audio:
http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html

You can also edit out redundant segments and make it look more professional.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Stop saying "you know" and adding in "uhs" into every sentence
Actually, I love it when he does that, or when anyone does that. It helps the interview flow and sound very natural , it acts as a placeholder for thought which sounds intellectual. I much prefer that over an interview that goes off so perfect (without the pauses and hesitations) that it sounds too canned and prefabricated.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but most of what repatriate said wasn't constructive criticism, it was DESTRUCTIVE and insulting criticism, and most of it untrue.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Repatriate wrote:Watch what music you use in your podcasts. You can get sued by the owner of the piece even if it's just an instrumental of a popular song and your stuff will get yanked from any other site if you ever put it up there. They have search engines and people that comb podcasts for this stuff now. You don't want to be stuck in litigation over this shit it has happened to other podcasts.

Stop saying "you know" and adding in "uhs" into every sentence. It's basic public speaking 101. This was especially noticeable with the OTB (Kenny) interview. Just tell people to watch out for this before giving interviews.

Watch ambient noise levels. There's too much background noise including double talk issues and it sounds like you were ripping farts at one point. Plus there were a few drop outs.

Winston, stop repeating the same questions over and over again in the same interview. At least do your homework about basic stuff before interviewing someone so you have relevant things to ask. You asked eurobrat literally the same 5 things about the E.U. that he answered already. You can find stuff about Schengen visas in less than 1 minute with a wikipedia search.

Also Winston your historical knowledge is pitiful stop talking about european wars and history if your info is all from just stuff you "heard." It's just a huge derail over nothing. I'm glad Eurobrat was able to set you straight on a lot of stuff.

It's also unbelievable how you thought Italy was as poor as the Ukraine. Seriously, dude?

Eurobrat and Kenny both had some excellent knowledge. I am sure I will use Berlin as a base country now when I head out there for a visit. The Berlin info was gold and hopefully it'll still good for some time still.
Here's a good video on understanding the European Union for Winston and the rest of you who find the topic...fuzzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O37yJBFRrfg
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

steve55 wrote:
Stop saying "you know" and adding in "uhs" into every sentence
Actually, I love it when he does that, or when anyone does that. It helps the interview flow and sound very natural , it acts as a placeholder for thought which sounds intellectual. I much prefer that over an interview that goes off so perfect (without the pauses and hesitations) that it sounds too canned and prefabricated.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but most of what repatriate said wasn't constructive criticism, it was DESTRUCTIVE and insulting criticism, and most of it untrue.
Just because you disagree with Repatriate doesnt mean that he is incorrect and that his opinion is "Destructive".... :roll: When you post anything online expect criticism both good and bad.....If Winston listens to the advice given which isnt much in this thread since its off topic, he should incorporate it into the next video...
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Repatriate wrote: It's also unbelievable how you thought Italy was as poor as the Ukraine. Seriously, dude?
Whatever made Winston think Italy was poor...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... _(nominal)

Italian stuff: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Gucci, Prada, Versace, Fendi, Salvatore Ferragamo, Bulgari...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

The podcast with Ava was Winston's worst.

Winston, I suggest you either
(1) Take acting classes, then (for practice) take a telemarketing job, trying to apply acting during telemarketing calls;

OR

(2) Do NOT interview a female again.

PS
Here's a quick hint: QUIT thinking about your own ass during the interview. START thinking about the girl WHOM YOU'RE INTERVIEWING. Show HER a good time. Entertain HER. Tease HER.

Confession:
I had to turn this interview off about 1/3 of the way into it.

Offer:
If you are going to be THIS bad, and NOT do anything to improve, let ME do it. GOD.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:The podcast with Ava was Winston's worst.

Winston, I suggest you either
(1) Take acting classes, then (for practice) take a telemarketing job, trying to apply acting during telemarketing calls;

OR

(2) Do NOT interview a female again.

PS
Here's a quick hint: QUIT thinking about your own a** during the interview. START thinking about the girl WHOM YOU'RE INTERVIEWING. Show HER a good time. Entertain HER. Tease HER.

Confession:
I had to turn this interview off about 1/3 of the way into it.

Offer:
If you are going to be THIS bad, and NOT do anything to improve, let ME do it. GOD.
Why didn't you like it? I asked her all the basic questions that I asked everyone else. Entertain her? How?

I have taken acting classes. But I didn't need them remember? I told you, I am a natural in acting and needed no lessons when I began. My acting teachers were impressed that I did my first play with great acting ability despite no experience. I am natural in acting because I live in a fantasy world all day anyway, so all I had to do was act out my fantasy world, which I lived in more than the real world.

However, I can't act on Skype. I need an audience. Only pressure from public eyes will bring out the best acting ability in me. I need people to work off of. I can't just stare at a camera and act without people there.

But what does acting have to do with that interview anyway?

Ok if you want to interview her, be my guest. See if you can do better. You can use your phone, or I can send you the download link to download the Skype recorder.
Last edited by Winston on September 9th, 2014, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OK let's give it a try.

Send me the link.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."