From someone who found his love in Mexico

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Winston
Site Admin

From someone who found his love in Mexico

Post by Winston »

http://whatmenthinkofwomen.blogspot.com ... -suck.html

"Absolutely true! Every word in the 10 reasons. I was married to an American woman for 14 years. I left the marriage a hollow shell, a broken man. Why couldn't I do anything right? Everything was my fault, right? I must have been the evil bastard she described! Long story short = the AW got the house, and the 500K of capital gains (California). Not to mention my heart andf soul. I licked my wounds for 5 years, feeling bad about myself.

Then, I discovered Mexico. At the age of 42, I found a new life. I met a fantastic woman... loving, selfless, sharing, caring, and did I mention drop-dead gorgeous? I am now living in Southern Mexico, completely happy. I have been married to my Oaxaquena for 3 years, and the heat just gets hotter. We actually appreciate each other and life together is a 2 way street. She is always at my sid ewith encouragement and support. And no, we don't place a lot of value on material things. When I am up in the states on business, or to visit my side of the family, I am quickly ready to come home. I laugh at the poor bastards I see chasing tail with their tongues hanging out. I don't give any american woman any thought except what a kid must think after the first time he touches a hot stove. I have been relieved of the sickness the shallow ones!

One need only sit in a coffee shop in a mall for 5 minutes to see the problem in its stark reality. Watch the women as they salivate over material goods and ignore everything and everyone in the area besides themselves. Do you see any smiles or eye contact going on? Absolutely none. In Mexico, smiles, personal greetings, hugs, kisses on the cheek, fond embraces are the order of the day. Contrast this with fake tits, collagen lips, and harried scowls, evil countenances, and the inability to pass up any type of reflective surface. Whattaya got? I have no use for American women. I only feel bad that I wasted 14 years of my life on one of them. RIGHT ON with the 10 rules!"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

Re: From someone who found his love in Mexico

Post by Travel Dude »

Winston wrote:http://whatmenthinkofwomen.blogspot.com ... -suck.html

"Absolutely true! Every word in the 10 reasons. I was married to an American woman for 14 years. I left the marriage a hollow shell, a broken man. Why couldn't I do anything right? Everything was my fault, right? I must have been the evil bastard she described! Long story short = the AW got the house, and the 500K of capital gains (California). Not to mention my heart andf soul. I licked my wounds for 5 years, feeling bad about myself.

Then, I discovered Mexico. At the age of 42, I found a new life. I met a fantastic woman... loving, selfless, sharing, caring, and did I mention drop-dead gorgeous? I am now living in Southern Mexico, completely happy. I have been married to my Oaxaquena for 3 years, and the heat just gets hotter. We actually appreciate each other and life together is a 2 way street. She is always at my sid ewith encouragement and support. And no, we don't place a lot of value on material things. When I am up in the states on business, or to visit my side of the family, I am quickly ready to come home. I laugh at the poor bastards I see chasing tail with their tongues hanging out. I don't give any american woman any thought except what a kid must think after the first time he touches a hot stove. I have been relieved of the sickness the shallow ones!

One need only sit in a coffee shop in a mall for 5 minutes to see the problem in its stark reality. Watch the women as they salivate over material goods and ignore everything and everyone in the area besides themselves. Do you see any smiles or eye contact going on? Absolutely none. In Mexico, smiles, personal greetings, hugs, kisses on the cheek, fond embraces are the order of the day. Contrast this with fake tits, collagen lips, and harried scowls, evil countenances, and the inability to pass up any type of reflective surface. Whattaya got? I have no use for American women. I only feel bad that I wasted 14 years of my life on one of them. RIGHT ON with the 10 rules!"
This is really a beautuful story and is similar to my life in Peru. This guy found true love with his Mexican sweetheart in a smaller city in southern Mexico.

As I have made my point in other threads, THE BEST FOREIGN WOMEN ARE FROM THE SMALLER CITIES OR TOWNS.
jonas
Freshman Poster

Post by jonas »

He lives at 42 in Mexico. Where does he get the money to do that? That is the question we need to ask him. He did not fill us in on that.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

jonas wrote:He lives at 42 in Mexico. Where does he get the money to do that? That is the question we need to ask him. He did not fill us in on that.
The answer is that you don't need money. He is up on business, has some going concerns in the states.

It takes very little money to live in an apartment in Southern Mexico, Oaxaca. One friend of mine lives in South America, bought an entire floor of a building for his wife and the extended family. Cost?

$20,000 USD.
jonas
Freshman Poster

Post by jonas »

globetrotter wrote:
jonas wrote:He lives at 42 in Mexico. Where does he get the money to do that? That is the question we need to ask him. He did not fill us in on that.
The answer is that you don't need money. He is up on business, has some going concerns in the states.

It takes very little money to live in an apartment in Southern Mexico, Oaxaca. One friend of mine lives in South America, bought an entire floor of a building for his wife and the extended family. Cost?

$20,000 USD.
Okay. So what does he do to be able to exist in Mexico? How much money does he make? I could buy a condo in Mexico or any other country for two dollars but how do I make a living in those countries? People talk a lot about this but dont' give any details. It gives the impression that they are lying about a fake situation. If it's doable than why don't you and I do it?
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

jonas wrote:
globetrotter wrote:

$20,000 USD.
Okay. So what does he do to be able to exist in Mexico? How much money does he make? I could buy a condo in Mexico or any other country for two dollars but how do I make a living in those countries? People talk a lot about this but dont' give any details. It gives the impression that they are lying about a fake situation. If it's doable than why don't you and I do it?
I live in China. I have done it. I am out. When I settle down, I will buy a place for $3k (RP or Malaysia) to China $18k or Mexico 15k.

It must be the visits to the many Buddhist temples lately and the fact that I live in Asia - but all I see in posts these days is this:

-Fear
-I can't '
-He can't
-It's too expensive

efc.

How about you spend $600 freaking US Dollars, get on a plane, rent a dirt cheap hotel for 2 weeks, get over your fears and excuses, and go to country XXX of your choosing? All I see are people afraid to act, asking an infinite number of questions to assuage their fears and then they ask more questions as they create more fears and concerns.

No action. Just talk.

If you own an apartment (it's not a condo like you think of it. No maintenance fees, low low low taxes.), you DON'T NEED TO EARN A LIVING. Cost of living minus rent is $100 a month in China or Mexico or Colombia. Food is dirt cheap, your wife will cook, and you spend time LIVING NOT OBSESSING OVER HOW MUCH IT COSTS.

You won't need much money. I spend less than $100 a month in China, and I am living it up in my small town. To spend more I have to travel. Today I spent $14 on my hotel room, and $6 on food and buses and temple tickets. My most expensive day traveling has been 400CNY or $60 and that includes a train, taxis, expensive restaurants until I am full to bursting, and a top flight business hotel.

Right now I am stuffed, might get a snack for 5 CNY. Lunch was 5RMB, dessert was 6RMB, Pastries 13 RMB, buses 4CNY, Ticket 10 CNY.
Total: 43 CNY.
That is $6.30

In Mexico my rent was $185 USD a month. I had my car, and drove all over northern Mexico. I spent maybe $600 a month and that was out of control. Most of that was gasoline. Food was $5 a day, max. Utilities were $50 a month with the AC on all the time in the 125F heat. I spent $3 a day for 3 hours at internet cafes.

It is cheap to live here or in Mexico.

I have some savings, but mostly I teach ESL to earn a living.

Even on the poverty wages of ESL, a job many consider to be socially at the bottom of the ladder, I save 90% of what I earn each month. If I didn't travel in Feb I would not have spent more than 600CNY this month. And this is a beginning position. Next year I will earn more, and in 2 or 3 years time I will earn 4 or 5X that amount and save 20,000CNY a month, or $3,000 USD.

Do you have any idea how far 20k CNY goes in China? Huge sum of money. I could buy an apartment in one year if I saved that for 10 months.

Just $10,000 USD will get you started here.

Come iin, the waters fine!
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

globetrotter wrote:
jonas wrote:
globetrotter wrote:

$20,000 USD.
I live in China. I have done it. I am out. When I settle down, I will buy a place for $3k (RP or Malaysia) to China $18k or Mexico 15k.

It must be the visits to the many Buddhist temples lately and the fact that I live in Asia - but all I see in posts these days is this:

-Fear
-I can't '
-He can't
-It's too expensive

efc.

How about you spend $600 freaking US Dollars, get on a plane, rent a dirt cheap hotel for 2 weeks, get over your fears and excuses, and go to country XXX of your choosing? All I see are people afraid to act, asking an infinite number of questions to assuage their fears and then they ask more questions as they create more fears and concerns.

No action. Just talk.

If you own an apartment (it's not a condo like you think of it. No maintenance fees, low low low taxes.), you DON'T NEED TO EARN A LIVING. Cost of living minus rent is $100 a month in China or Mexico or Colombia. Food is dirt cheap, your wife will cook, and you spend time LIVING NOT OBSESSING OVER HOW MUCH IT COSTS.

You won't need much money. I spend less than $100 a month in China, and I am living it up in my small town. To spend more I have to travel. Today I spent $14 on my hotel room, and $6 on food and buses and temple tickets. My most expensive day traveling has been 400CNY or $60 and that includes a train, taxis, expensive restaurants until I am full to bursting, and a top flight business hotel.

Right now I am stuffed, might get a snack for 5 CNY. Lunch was 5RMB, dessert was 6RMB, Pastries 13 RMB, buses 4CNY, Ticket 10 CNY.
Total: 43 CNY.
That is $6.30

In Mexico my rent was $185 USD a month. I had my car, and drove all over northern Mexico. I spent maybe $600 a month and that was out of control. Most of that was gasoline. Food was $5 a day, max. Utilities were $50 a month with the AC on all the time in the 125F heat. I spent $3 a day for 3 hours at internet cafes.

It is cheap to live here or in Mexico.

I have some savings, but mostly I teach ESL to earn a living.

Even on the poverty wages of ESL, a job many consider to be socially at the bottom of the ladder, I save 90% of what I earn each month. If I didn't travel in Feb I would not have spent more than 600CNY this month. And this is a beginning position. Next year I will earn more, and in 2 or 3 years time I will earn 4 or 5X that amount and save 20,000CNY a month, or $3,000 USD.

Do you have any idea how far 20k CNY goes in China? Huge sum of money. I could buy an apartment in one year if I saved that for 10 months.

Just $10,000 USD will get you started here.

Come iin, the waters fine!
I currently live in Manila area. I have a friend who used to live in Chengdu China. I currently work with him and he is thinking of moving back there. He says you bank 3 or 4k a month if you work a university gig and do IELTS testing on the weekends. I'm debating it but would like to visit there first before making a commitment. Have you ever been there? He says that part of China is different from other parts. People are friendlier and woman way better looking. Just wondering if you have any opinions about the place.

I also agree people should stop bitchin and moaning about life in USA or wherever and just figure out how to unplug from the matrix, its not that hard if you really want to do it. I left in 03 and didn't have any online social group to get info from. I just did my own research and made the plunge. You have to believe in yourself and stop being sucked into the fear that perpetually is driven in American minds through media and others who are afraid to take risks. Just do it and have a game plan. If you have an undergraduate degree there are no worries about finding work and living a decent lifestyle anywhere. Worse thing that can happen is that you work for a sucky school somewhere. Just quit and move on to the next one! If you persist you will eventually find the perfect job for you, but don't get discouraged if you have to deal with some shit on the way there...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

Post by Travel Dude »

globetrotter wrote:

$20,000 USD.
I'll add to your thread. I have a friend who vives in a beautiful tropical city in Tarapoto Peru that paid only US $10,000 for a NEW 3 bedrrom house with a small swimming pool.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Mr S wrote:I currently live in Manila area. I have a friend who used to live in Chengdu China. I currently work with him and he is thinking of moving back there. He says you bank 3 or 4k a month if you work a university gig and do IELTS testing on the weekends. I'm debating it but would like to visit there first before making a commitment. Have you ever been there? He says that part of China is different from other parts. People are friendlier and woman way better looking. Just wondering if you have any opinions about the place.
I have not been to Chengdu. I hear that the women are more like SE Asian women - Philippines, Thailand, than North Asian Women. Warmer, friendlier, more casual sex.

Standard salary at Uni is low, 4000 or 5000 a month with free housing and the usual perqs. The benefit is that you get the prestige of working at a Uni and then you can put together private lessons on the side for 150 or 200 CNY an hour leveraging the uni gig. 10 hours a week nets 6 or 8 k cash a month. One can easily save all of that and if you do not travel constantly and don't have expensive habits, in one year you are sitting pretty.

The other way is live in one of the Big 3 and get a job at any mill, low hours, visa supported, an apartment. Then put together private lessons. If you work 35+ hours a week you can pull in 25k a month. A huge sum, but the "normal" amount that college educated middle class professionals who wear nice clothes will earn in Shanghai, Beijing or Guangzhou.

Any business sense at ALL, any drive to make money, will put you in the top 1% of ESL teachers instantly.

IELTS is good and pays well, too. If you get BC or IDP certified they will pay very well, one can also run CELTA courses and train other teachers, or do corporate training classes with the big money.

That requires office politics skills, good business clothes, soft skills and the usual bs.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I guess I meant 3-4k in dollars a month working a uni gig and IELTS on the side. I'm already certified IELTS and work for BC and IDP here in Philippines but my coworker says you can make more in China as they pay better that in PI. He says the girls are great there, better than Thai or PI girls. He is making me think of checking it out there sometime.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Post by tjh14 »

Show me a Uni gig in China where you can make $3,000 to $4,000 a month? This is just bad information. Most Uni jobs pay from 4 to 7 K RMB a month, not dollars. Granted IELTS is a good part time gig, but you must have a CELTA and 3 years experience minimum at BC.
I have 2 years experience and a CELTA and in a year hope to do the Ielts thing. I work at a top Uni in China. Have a great apartment and more potential girlfriends than I can deal with, so I have no argument about living a great life away from the USA. But those numbers are too high for a potential income in China. Most English Teachers here are not doing nearly that well.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I said working at a uni job plus IELTS can make you $3-4k a month. I said it twice already in previous postings...I do IELTS now in the Philippines and I work with two guys who used to do that and they aren't bullshitters. The only reason they left is because of the earthquake in the Chengdu area a few years ago. They don't like other parts of China so they left and went to the Philippines to work. One of them I work with is thinking of going back later in the year perhaps. There is so much work doing IELTS in China making that much is easily doable there. I make between 1500-2000 a month working just IELTS in PI 10-14 days a month, I think its quite easy to double that amount in China, plus they pay better than in PI.

I would already be considering moving to China doing that but I have things that tie me down to PI at the moment, but I may consider it in the future if I really needed to make the extra money.