-----

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Mexican cities in the Highlands are booming due to auto factories etc. Places like Queretaro, Leon, Aguascalientes. So PERHAPS there will be demand for English teachers. Someone in the factory needs to be able to interface to US parent companies. (Japanese companies and Germans may also do business in English, not sure.)

Brazil HAS been prosperous, and has the 2016 Olymoics coming up. Bellboys and cocktail waitresses need English for the Europeans coming in.

Those are my two ideas.

Generally go where the economy is up, and I bet college-age kids and others will be spending daddy's money on English lessons.

Dave's ESL Cafe, as you probably already know, has a lot of inside dope on where the good places are.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Along with a few places in Mexico, the spot I'd be focused on in LA is Salta, Argentina. It's in beautiful mountain country, has one of the world's best climates, the most European-like culture in LA, and a nice size of 600K.

To my way of thinking, the only advantage Asia has over LA is far less crime. Otherwise, LA is a slam dunk, to me.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

gsjackson wrote:Along with a few places in Mexico, the spot I'd be focused on in LA is Salta, Argentina. It's in beautiful mountain country, has one of the world's best climates, the most European-like culture in LA, and a nice size of 600K.

To my way of thinking, the only advantage Asia has over LA is far less crime. Otherwise, LA is a slam dunk, to me.
id consider the crime issue a big one LOL for me the other downside is spanish. they seem way too set in there ways like they can't learn english? Screw that LOL
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
Along with a few places in Mexico, the spot I'd be focused on in LA is Salta, Argentina. It's in beautiful mountain country, has one of the world's best climates, the most European-like culture in LA, and a nice size of 600K.

Been scouring the internet for 5 years. This info appears NOWHERE EXCEPT HERE ON HA.

Thanks!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:for me the other downside is spanish. they seem way too set in there ways like they can't learn english? Screw that LOL
<sarcasm>
Yeah screw that...
</sarcasm>
Last edited by droid on September 9th, 2014, 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:
Brazil is out. Work visa issues for English teachers, and I want to improve my Spanish. Love the look of Brazilian women, though.
Just last year, there were TEFL jobs in Brazil for cash. Have they tightened up since? I have the vague feeling I read something about this on HA but cant remember.

Anyway, you probably know that most TEFL jobs are for cash in Latin and West Mediterranean countries.

No one told ME that until I stumbled across it in an ESL board. REALLY annoying to think you need a fancy-schmancy work visa when you don't.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

Been scouring the internet for 5 years. This info appears NOWHERE EXCEPT HERE ON HA.

Thanks!
Yeah, I've never heard of it either. Argentina would be a good one for me to keep in mind. And that would at least give me a chance to find a white girlfriend.
I'd heard of Salta, but not the demographics or climate.

Bariloche would be cool to see (climate wise too). FSchmidt liked Mendoza, as do others, though not quite so White-White there. Roosh's fave was Cordoba, due to uni girls.
Personally I have wonderd about Mar de la Plata. Beach resort for ordinary Argies. See the daughters in swimwear. Not sure about approaching in such an environment though. Unless one had the old WSI cert to be a lifeguard...
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Along with a few places in Mexico, the spot I'd be focused on in LA is Salta, Argentina. It's in beautiful mountain country, has one of the world's best climates, the most European-like culture in LA, and a nice size of 600K.

id consider the crime issue a big one LOL for me the other downside is spanish. they seem way too set in there ways like they can't learn english? Screw that LOL
If you are concerned about crime go to Chile. It is the safest, most stable and most developed country in South America. It has a lower homicide rate than the US. Racially most Chileans are mestizo (mixed indigenous and white) and white, somewhere in between Peruanos and Argentinos. And if Spanish is a problem, just sign up for Spanish classes there. They will also help you get in touch with local people.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Jester wrote: I'd heard of Salta, but not the demographics or climate.
Slight correction on the demographics of Salta. While the architecture is the most European (colonial preserved) in Argentina, the population has a little more mestizo/gaucho mixed in than some of the Argentinean cities to the south. But it's still mostly European (Italians, Germans, etc., like the rest of Argentina).

Uruguay also has a large European population, and a fairly agreeable climate. When fschmidt toured those countries a few years ago, he sized up Uruguay as the best country to find a wife.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Ghost wrote: What's the best place to study Spanish? Best place for girls?
I would choose a place where the Spanish isn't too unusual, full of slang or spoken with a hard to understand accent. Argentinian Spanish for example is pretty different from the Spanish they speak in other countries (they use "vos" instead of "tu" for example) so I wouldn't recommend it as a place to learn Spanish. Chilean Spanish can be a bit hard to understand for a beginner. Peruvian Spanish is pretty clear and easy to understand, although the lower class people use a lot of "jergas" (slang).

As for girls, what kind of girls do you like? What do you look like yourself?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Ghost wrote: Then maybe I'll just stick with Gringo Spanish.
Huh? Why? I am not sure you understood me. I was just recommending that you choose a country with a fairly neutral type of Spanish IF learning Spanish is your main goal. Obvously you can learn Spanish anywhere you want and it you will be understood in other countries as well. It is just that some countries are slightly better and easier than others when it comes to learning Spanish. In the end it doesn't matter THAT much which country you choose though.
Thick, short, dark-haired girls I find attractive. I'd like a white Latina novia, but that's a pipe dream I'm sure.
Well you can find short, dark haired girls in most countries in Latin America so finding one of those will not be a problem. The countries I have been to are Mexico, Peru and Ecuador and they all have LOTS of those types of girls.

If you want a white latina best places to look are Argentina, Uruguay and maybe Chile (smaller percentage of pure white people). In many other countries only a small minority will be white (Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, etc.) (or mostly white) (usually the wealthier class).
I'm tall, white, still overweight but working on that one, not such great looks, thinning hair. Under 30.
Ok ,you're tall and white. That will make things easier in Latin America (although other races can do well too of course). Do you have blue or green eyes by any chance? If so you will have another added advantage (latinas tend to love guys with blue or green eyes because they are so rare in those countries).

Return to “Latin America, Mexico, Central America”