Anyone met women through college classes or volunteer work?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Anyone met women through college classes or volunteer work?

Post by jamesbond »

I was curious if anyone had met any women by taking college classes or doing any volunteer work. I have taken some psychology classes and an acting class since I graduated from college, however, I was not able to meet any women or even make any female friends from taking these classes. I know dating experts say acting classes and cooking classes are supposed to be excellent ways to meet women. Maybe I will try a cooking class next.

In the classes I did take (at a local junior college) most of women were middle aged and married. The few girls who were single were not interested in meeting anybody in class and just made polite conversation with me. I heard yoga classes and dance classes are also supposed to be good ways to meet women. Has anyone taken classes and had success in meeting women? How about volunteer work? I have done some volunteer work but all the women I met were middle aged and senior citizens. Well, as far as trying to meet women goes, I guess it's back to the drawing board! lol :lol:
Nate
Freshman Poster

Re: Anyone met women through college classes or volunteer wo

Post by Nate »

jamesbond wrote:I was curious if anyone had met any women by taking college classes or doing any volunteer work. I have taken some psychology classes and an acting class since I graduated from college, however, I was not able to meet any women or even make any female friends from taking these classes. I know dating experts say acting classes and cooking classes are supposed to be excellent ways to meet women. Maybe I will try a cooking class next.

In the classes I did take (at a local junior college) most of women were middle aged and married. The few girls who were single were not interested in meeting anybody in class and just made polite conversation with me. I heard yoga classes and dance classes are also supposed to be good ways to meet women. Has anyone taken classes and had success in meeting women? How about volunteer work? I have done some volunteer work but all the women I met were middle aged and senior citizens. Well, as far as trying to meet women goes, I guess it's back to the drawing board! lol :lol:
If there is a problem (Which there is!) it is NOT in meeting women. That is like asking if anyone knows the best place to buy a clunker lemon car. There is a very easy secret with a very high chance of success. Get a passport and head overseas. I'm not talking about the dumb-asses who go overseas and screw whores and call that "Dating". I'm talking about good desirable young women, that you will NOT find in the USA.
Leave a collapsing culture behind. Make a new world for yourself and live in it. I know. I have done just that.

Nate
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

jamesbond wrote:I was curious if anyone had met any women by taking college classes or doing any volunteer work. I have taken some psychology classes and an acting class since I graduated from college, however, I was not able to meet any women or even make any female friends from taking these classes. I know dating experts say acting classes and cooking classes are supposed to be excellent ways to meet women. Maybe I will try a cooking class next.

All my college girlfriends were from my college classes. Generally speaking daytime classes are better and you meet more young single college girls. Night time classes are for working professionals. 4-year universities have more variety, versus community colleges are more local, so check local demographics before attending. e.g. if you want more white girls, go to a community college in a white majority neighborhood with decent sized college-age demographics. Colleges have so many social group possibilities, it'd be a shame to pass it up. Try joining a fraternity -- Phi Kappa Tau, Sigma Pi, Sigma Nu, etc.

My culinary school is located in an upscale beach city, and thus most of its leisure students are wealthy older married women who comes to class in their Bentley's or Porche's. If I wanted to hit on girls, I'd have to hit on their college-age daughters. LoL.

If you want to meet younger women at volunteering events, you need to find ones that has more young women in attedance. Alternatively you can create such a situation by inviting desirable friends, coworkers, and college classmates in a group, and have them invite their female friends too. Choose volunteering events where you can have more quality time (1 on 1) with the person, such as chopping veggies and making sandwitches together in the kitchen. You'd have more opportunity to chat in a relaxed environment and try to impress or entice the girl, then take them to lunch/dinner afterwards.

If you don't have a good subject to chat about, try food. Take some cooking classes so you can learn more about cooking and how to talk about food. Or read yelp and blogs like this:
http://elmomonster.blogspot.com/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyone can meet girls in college. All you do is start talking to them about the class or the weather or make polite chit chat. Then they will do the same back. From there, you can gauge their level of interest in you. But just cause they talk to you doesn't mean it will go anywhere. Usually they will just make small talk and that's it. As soon as you try to ask them out, they will blow you off or say they have a boyfriend or that they are too busy to go out, or some shit like that.

If your goal is to date or romance or make love to beautiful women, then you will just be more disappointed.

Trust me, I used to walk around my college campus EVERYDAY for two years trying to meet girls, so I have firsthand experience. Unlike some, I don't just talk about it or think about it, I actually DID it. It was the most futile thing ever. I had as much chance of getting a real date from there as I did of getting into Area 51.

Like the guy above said, GO OVERSEAS! Then it will all happen, NATURALLY!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

It's too much effort, and the results are likely to be nil.

When I was in college, I had an awesome body. I wore tanktops and shorts to show it off. Some women would stare at me from across the room. Others would insist on sitting right next to me.

I'd make conversations with these and then ask them out. This was about 30 girls over 2 years. What were the results? 0. Each had a boyfriend, even though she was sending out intense buying signals.

American women are broken. They are not worth pursuing. Even if you do manage to get their numbers, it might be fake. Or you might call her and she wont answer or bother to call you back.

Then if you make a date, chances are good she wont show. If she shows, chances are you wont get a second date. If you get a third date, chances are good she will find some mystical reason why you arent good enough. Probably a reason she was perfectly OK with and aware of before, but all of a sudden becomes sufficient for her to flake on you.

Now women believe every man is a stalker. Many women will not give out their numbers. They will give out their email address. This is yet another hoop that women make men jump through. If some woman were to declare she only gives out emails I'd tell her: " never mind. Not all men are stalkers, but all women are bitches and gold diggers."

Of course you could chase women who make it easy for you, like Jakob says. I have yet to meet an American woman who will meet me half way or send honest signals.

My first two years I was on the student newspaper. I did meet a girl this way. Guess what though? After she asked me out, she decided she was no longer interested. I was supposed to gather this through osmosis. When I saw her around, she was "cold". That was supposed to be the signal. Maybe I just thought she was in a rush and had to go somewhere? You really need to be a mind-reader with their bullshit.

It's OK though. Looking back, she was an ugly girl with a nice body, and I can do much better than that!
Jakob
Freshman Poster

Post by Jakob »

A few years ago when I was doing my graduate degree, I made a point of meeting women at my university. I'd walk around campus fairly regularly and talk to girls. I'd make a point of only talking to girls in situations where it was easiest to talk to people; such as in the student center where students go to sit and relax, or on a bench somewhere as they are sitting near me. Basically anywhere that it wasn't too much effort and the environment was as non-threatening as possible. My reasoning was, if you can't meet girls in the easiest of places, where can you meet them?

Well, it turns out that I got a lot of polite conversation that never went anywhere. I went against my instincts quite a few times and went for the close anyway even though I wasn't feeling it, but sure enough my instincts were right all along. They were not interested in going further, period. Thing is, if you are constantly talking to girls that give no buying signals, then after a while you might think that your "signal detector" isn't working, so you start trying to close even when there is nothing to work with. But after hundreds of approaches you start to recognize that it's not in your head. You are simply running into a stone wall repeatedly.

In addition to talking to girls on campus, I also joined a Yoga class and took swing dancing. The Yoga class was a joke. After the instructor finished everyone packed up and left (it was almost all girls in the class). There's no socializing afterwards. So that's a dead end. The swing dancing was a bit better. You get to talk to some girls and dance with them, but it never goes beyond the dancing. Regular classes are the same way. The lecture ends and everyone packs up and leaves. The best you can do in these environments is just make friends if you can, but that is the SLOW road, and who wants to go through a bunch of protective layers of social red tape, and then hope a bone gets thrown your way somewhere down the road.

But really, it is a bit silly to take these indirect approaches to meet women, unless of course you really do want to learn Yoga, or dancing, or take a course. I say it's silly because there's women walking around everywhere, so in theory you can talk to women everywhere, but the evidence does not support that this sort of thing works.

Probably the only good thing that came of this whole experience is that I got good at socializing, and became an expert at body language. I can easily tell if a girl is interested, so I waste very little time that way. However, even though my chick-radar is in peak condition, it rarely picks up anything worthwhile. Hard to believe perhaps, and if I wasn't such a determined person who has to see things for himself, over and over again, then I might not make the bold claims that I do. But you can't deny what you keep seeing over and over to be true.

It's funny that one of the friendliest girls I met in the last few months was maybe 15-16 years old. It was at the bookstore. When I started a conversation with her she was very friendly and talkative, and appeared very receptive. But alas, because of her age I had to let that one go. But if I compare her to all these other older girls who I usually talk to, they are usually much less open and friendly than that girl was. You have to ask, how can a young girl be so much more open than an older "more mature" woman? This tells you that as girls get older they are progressively taught to shun men out in public. So the behaviour you see from women is not normal. It is gradually learned and is a result of social engineering.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

One possible method of impressing ladies in a cooking class is with your knowledge of wine and wine/food pairings. I can recommend visiting your local "Total Wine & More" store for their free guide to wine book. Free! If there isn't one near you, try calling or writing to them and see if they'd send you one for free. This store is amazing, they carry everything from $1.67 two buck chucks to >$1,000 premier grand cru's:
http://www.totalwine.com/

For learning wine aromas, I recommend Le Nez du Vin:
http://www.nezduvin.com/

They have beginner kits for $40, all the way up to $400 54-scent kits. Wine Spectator also has an "Ultimate Wine Tasting Kit" for only $34.15 on Amazon.com. Wine Enthusiasts also make cheaper armoa & tasting kits, but I have never played with them so cannot comment.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

When I was in college I met girls but these were not from MY class as a rule. Usually I would meet them in college cafeterias. There were some really nice gals there. But I was fresh off the boat so I did not find them that attractive. And it was in the 1980ies.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
wraith
Freshman Poster

Post by wraith »

Hardly any. Occasionally there are one or two girls, but everyone goes to class, sits for the lecture, and gets out as soon as they can after the lecture finishes.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you're hitting on a girl for a date, sometimes it places a lot of pressure on her and she backs out. I've observed this with some female friends, they go into panic mode or buyer-remorse, or simply thinks too much.

The solution is to avoid imposing the pressures of a "date" on her. Try something more relaxed for the first time, like a wine/food tasting or group social event. After she knows you better and feels more comfortable with you, you might have trouble getting rid of her on weekends.

The direct approach only works if your sexual market value is high enough. If you're on this board, most likely not. If you want the easy way, you can opt to go overseas to another country/place where your sexual market value increases.

If your goal in college is to get laid, you should look up demographic data and see which school and which majors have the best male:female ratios, then get in and spend some time to peacock yourself and get into social groups. When you're done having fun, switch majors.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Even if you manage to get a woman's phone number, most of the time you never even get to talk to her over the phone (you leave her a message and she never calls you back). You may even leave her 2 or 3 messages and she still probably won't call you back. Let's say you do get a hold of her over the phone, guess what? She STILL probably won't go out with you, even for one date. It makes you wonder why she gave you her number to begin with.

In the book "How to succeed with women" it says when you set up a date with a woman, 50% of the time she won't show up for the date! The guys who wrote the book said their research has shown this. She won't even call you to cancel, she will just blow you off! WTF? How rude can you be! So never drive far for a date with a woman because there is a 50% chance she won't even show up!

David Deangelo said, for every 10 phone numbers you get, you will only get a date with one or two of those women! So meeting women in America truely is a numbers game! You need to be asking out women like crazy and have a thick skin to deal with all the rejection.

No wonder why it takes years to get a girlfriend in the United States! :shock:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:If you're hitting on a girl for a date, sometimes it places a lot of pressure on her and she backs out. I've observed this with some female friends, they go into panic mode or buyer-remorse, or simply thinks too much.

The solution is to avoid imposing the pressures of a "date" on her. Try something more relaxed for the first time, like a wine/food tasting or group social event. After she knows you better and feels more comfortable with you, you might have trouble getting rid of her on weekends.

The direct approach only works if your sexual market value is high enough. If you're on this board, most likely not. If you want the easy way, you can opt to go overseas to another country/place where your sexual market value increases.

If your goal in college is to get laid, you should look up demographic data and see which school and which majors have the best male:female ratios, then get in and spend some time to peacock yourself and get into social groups. When you're done having fun, switch majors.
Speaking of favorable male:female rations, sounds like its in your own backyard.

Regular American unis are 43:57 male-to-female according to this clip: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTur ... 3V7bihe39I

A lot of guys on this forum talk about going abroad to reverse the ratios, that females are so outnumbered in the States. Well, maybe going to college will help. Clearly, there's a lot more to the dynamic than just the ratio. I've cited China before as an example. In this clip, Cenk cites brainy schools which, supposedly have even better ratios than the US average but have super frigid women.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Jakob wrote:It's funny that one of the friendliest girls I met in the last few months was maybe 15-16 years old. It was at the bookstore. When I started a conversation with her she was very friendly and talkative, and appeared very receptive. But alas, because of her age I had to let that one go. But if I compare her to all these other older girls who I usually talk to, they are usually much less open and friendly than that girl was. You have to ask, how can a young girl be so much more open than an older "more mature" woman? This tells you that as girls get older they are progressively taught to shun men out in public. So the behaviour you see from women is not normal. It is gradually learned and is a result of social engineering.
Actually, that is not funny; it's quite sad that (and by deliberate design) that girls that are not of legal age (but have surpassed puberty) are the most viable candidates for being mates as American women. Isn't that some sh_t???
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

something I observed at american colleges is...

it's very easy to get a girl the first 2 weeks of a semester, especially after the summer break.
during this period they're "in heat" and hornier than guys

after they get used to the situation it's like they enter menopause :shock:
and men are back to being inconveniences

i believe this is a glimpse into their disturbed psyche :|
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

jamesbond wrote:I was curious if anyone had met any women by taking college classes or doing any volunteer work.
I guess you probably mean "Have any of us met women in college classes when we were older than college-age?" To that, I have to answer, "No."

Of course, I did meet some women in college classes when I was in college.

I met one that I especially cared about. It turned out later that she was manic-depressive and on the edge of committing suicide. After three months of me loving her a great deal and building her self-esteem back up, she dumped me. If I had acted aloof, unkind, and mysterious and prolonged her mental suffering, she probably wouldn't have been able to get enough of me. But I don't enjoy being sadistic, so I guess I was very boring for her after a while.

I actually fell in love with her. Stupid me...