Hilarious American in Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Hes been living there since february and still no girlfriend. all scammers etc. he flirts with women all the time no bite. Doesn't look good. Outwest and pete and many others would say befriend the locals etc and he does he lives like a filipino and talks to them. Could it be that the happier abroad guys are not telling the truth about how hard it really is?
Just look at him though, he oozes creep. He's quite overweight, talks about marriage and sex right away with these girls, lacks good hygiene and probably sits around all day pounding down San Miguels. He also probably has unrealistic expectations.

I'm not saying you need to be Brad Pitt but some self respect can go a long way. I'm talking exercising and eating healthy, decent clothes, good hygiene, and manners.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on May 18th, 2020, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

He's doing pretty much everything wrong, including that ring-pulling act. And I'm not defending "game" theory really, but you can't shoot yourself in the foot either.
The only thing going for him is his sense of humor, which could be better directed though.

In the HA context, it is much, much better. You know he couldn't get anywhere near as far in the same scenario over here.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on May 18th, 2020, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
yes bebots has been around for 5 years welcome to old news LOL where have you been?

I've done more websurfing than most folks the last 5 years, and I never heard of this site before.

Not old news at all.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:
MrMan wrote:Since this guy is so outgoing and funny, he might actually get a date. But if he'd get rid of the do-rag and trim his moustache, he'd probably have a lot more success.

I guarantee you that even this guy does get girls in PI. Maybe not great girls and unlikely any of the girls in the videos, but he finds some. And how are his rants about scammers any different from the rants posted by some posters here on HA? Yeah he comes off as a nut but so do many expats and tourists in the Philippines.
THANK YOU JESUS!!

davewe wrote:
Once again it just proves the point. If you are a halfway together guy, if you come off as respectful, if you dress decently, if you smell nice..............
I feel inspired to go take a shower......
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hero wrote:
droid wrote:Those guys are freaking unkempt bums. If that's the competition I have, I'm golden.
Exactly what I thought when I visited the Philippines. 99% of the male tourists are like that guy. Makes things even easier for me.
Winning attitude
+1
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Those videos are boring as hell and basically garbage.

These are much more entertaining videos by Americans in the Philippines

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XSSZZFj85L8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZf00xELwKo
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

It just shows filipinas like american women do want younger men and good looking ones with charisma. If you can't win that same girl in america chances are she just wants your money when your abroad.
It depends on exactly what you meant Newlife. If you're talking about guys 30+ years older, then yea, generally Filipinas are not going to be interested in that much of a spread though, some will be willing to consider it. Generally, Filipinas prefer older guys 10-15 , and often even 20 years older. I've done too many informal polls and have had such discussions with Filipinas to think otherwise. The Filipinas I've spoken to did confirm a preference for older guys, and not just a few years older like American or western women might do. American women will typically max out at a guy 4 years older, just peruse any American dating site like plenty of fish .com to see that. On the other hand, perusing any foreign dating site such as cherry blossoms or Latin Cupid, you'll notice that most girls list a minimum age of about 10-15 years older, and that's just the starting point on their minimum age spread. See this undeniable proof I documented at my website at http://www.globaldatingsolution.com/a-c ... d-men.html

That being said, these old farts dress and act like bums and fools! So the fact those girls have no interest in them proves absolutely nothing about age preferences. That one old guy (the main one) just creeps me out and I wouldn't want anything to do with a guy who carries himself like a fool and dresses like a homeless person.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on May 18th, 2020, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on May 18th, 2020, 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

he rides jeepneys, says hello to locals, etc he does everything hammanta says. Which just shows that its not the whole story. Cause even i had a live in girlfriend who didn't "scam" me and i never even had to get out of my hotel room to win her over. It just shows filipinas like american women do want younger men and good looking ones with charisma. If you can't win that same girl in america chances are she just wants your money when your abroad.
Being younger still isn't the same thing in the context you use when compared to America. You are in your early 30's yet chase after 18-20 year olds. There aren't many 30+ year olds in America that can pull teens. So the age is bumped up 10-15 years like Steve mentioned.

As Dave said, this guy still can get girls though, albeit they may not be the best. I've seen even worse looking guys there with girls (though below average looking I admit). Cultural immersion can only go so far. If you are downright ugly, and look like you are one Jollybee's meal away from keeling over then you have the odds up against you. That's anywhere you go. There is no "magic land" where the rules of attraction are swapped, but some places place more emphasis on them than others. If a guy is really ugly, at that point you either have to try and fix yourself or embrace yourself and settle for what you can get. Sometimes that person may get lucky and find a gem. And that's where I preach that you need to immerse yourself and make connections. You are still gonna be really ugly whether you are in your hotel room creeping all over the internet or out meeting people. But the latter is at least giving you more opportunity.

With that said, you also don't have to be the youngest or best looking guy either. As for dress, choose things that work for you. If you are fat and out of shape, you shouldn't be sporting a tank if you want to attract females. If you are older, try to dress more modern. No one is saying you need to wear a suit and button up every time you head out but my god, these guys with beer bellies, rocking farmers tans and gorilla hairy backs are not helping their situation at all. If you are fit, or at least thin you can pull off a little more sport wear than heavier guys.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

hammanta wrote: As for dress, choose things that work for you. If you are fat and out of shape, you shouldn't be sporting a tank if you want to attract females. If you are older, try to dress more modern. No one is saying you need to wear a suit and button up every time you head out but my god, these guys with beer bellies, rocking farmers tans and gorilla hairy backs are not helping their situation at all. If you are fit, or at least thin you can pull off a little more sport wear than heavier guys.
It amazes me when I go to Phils the number of men and women who wear long pants and long sleeved shirts. As newlife said, I can't do it - I wear shorts and tshirts. But even then I will bring a pair of lightweight summer long pants to take my wife out to dinner or something.

Here at home, about a week ago it turned just cold enough that I started wearing pants and a button down shirt, instead of shorts and tshirts. The wife went gaga. I laughed and reminded her that when we move to the Philippines shorts will be what I wear. "But you look so professional," she said. Same thing with shoes. Flip flops seem so convenient in the Philippines but I knew they didn't impress, so a couple years ago I ended up springing for a nice pair of waterproof leather sandals. They still can be worn anywhere and look "professional" to the average Pinay. It's smoke and mirrors - if you look and act "professional" (or at least what they consider professional) you will have a big advantage.

And they are crazy about scents (good and bad). Wear a cologne or body spray or something. Every girl will love it and will remember that you were the foreigner that didn't stink. BTW, they worry just as much about their smell. My wife won't go out to walk the dog without being clean and is constantly concerned that she might smell. The ex-gf was the same.

Honestly, as the guy in the video shows us, it takes so little to put yourself ahead of the crowd. Act like a man, act and look professional and you will never lack attention from Pinays.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

It amazes me when I go to Phils the number of men and women who wear long pants and long sleeved shirts. As newlife said, I can't do it - I wear shorts and tshirts. But even then I will bring a pair of lightweight summer long pants to take my wife out to dinner or something.
I myself prefer shorts and a t-shirt as well but do try and wear pants when I go out at night. I don't think a button up is necessary unless you are going to a place that requires them. A nice polo is about the dressiest I get there, perhaps because my job requires me to wear button ups. I'm frankly tired of them. I'm not that big of a fan with flip flops either, mainly cause my feet sweat a ton.

I know the locals are used to the weather but I don't know how some of them walk around in 95+ heat, 100% humidity with full professional wear on. And I don't see them breaking a sweat.

And like you said, smelling good is definitely key. Its not unusual for me to take 3 showers in one day when I'm there. Hey I'm paying for the hotel right lol