-----

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Yeah, I'd prefer a white Latina, but I know that's probably not going to happen.
Why not? Yeah they may be a bit harder to date but there is no reason why you couldn't find one who likes you.
OK, here are potential destinations for me:

Mexico, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Belize
Yeah you could combine Bolivia, Chile and Argentina. I am curious though, why Bolivia and not Peru? A lot more to see and do in Peru than in Bolivia. Bolivia is the poorest country in South America, while Peru is quite a bit more developed (has one of the fastest growing economies in SA).
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

You could do a TEFL in Latin America.
http://www.internationalteflacademy.com ... fl-classes

http://www.celtainecuador.com/

The CELTA seems be the most well respected certificate for teaching ESL worldwide. It would significantly improve your chances of finding a teaching job in many places. I know schools in Vietnam highly value it.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

They've told me a few times Argentinian chicks are the sluttiest in South-America; that by 17 they've been with whole platoons.

This can be good or bad, depending on what you're looking for. Apparently you just build a little rapport with them and they lay back.

I usually don't judge sluttiness -at least for fun-, as long as chicks have some good manners (slutty or not) I'm happy. I see it as two separate things.

It would be nice to hear a HA report regarding that zone.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

I'd definitely recommend reading Around The World in 80 Girls. The author did a ton of travelling in South America. His book is full of anecdotes about his experiences in different countries. The author has a website too.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost, you'll do fine in BA.

Go there and get the cert.

Focus on that.

You'll do fine.

From there you can move around easily to go where the work is.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

They tend to belong to higher classes and are more attractive, so the competition is much fiercer.
Depends on the country. In countries like Mexico, Peru , etc, yeah they belong to the higher classes. They aren't necesarilly rich though. Many are about as wealthy as the average upper middle class American. And in countries like Argentina most people will be white or mostly white.

Are they more attractive? Not always. I have seen ugly white latinas and extremely hot mestiza girls.

I don't know much about Peru. I had a former friend tell me lots of great stories about Bolivia.
Peru is one of the most popular tourist destinations in South America. It has lots of great places to visit and the best food in South America:

Southern Peru is kind of similar to Bolivia actually. The most attractive women are in Lima and northern Peru though. (I lived in Peru for 6 years btw).

Cute girls from northern Peru:

Last edited by chibolo on September 10th, 2014, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Ghost wrote:Anyone have any experiences traveling through Central or South America by bus? I'd consider it for saving money, but going through that many immigrations and customs checkpoints would drive me crazy and make things unpleasant.
It's funny, as I've researched getting around in Mexico, it seems that flying is only a touch more expensive (and in some cases cheaper) than taking a bus between the same destinations. Not sure about Brazil yet but I imagine it's similar.

By the way what state are you in? I'll be driving from Michigan to Texas and then walking across the border into Mexico, so if I'm passing through your area it might be fun to grab a drink and meet someone else from the forum here. Then as Jester said, if you want to get your feet wet you can come hang out with us in Ensenada. 8)
Out in the world living the dream!
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Ghost wrote:Really leaning towards Costa Rica now. I hear a lot of good things about it, and I don't want a full-blown third-world experience. I can study there, then decide to continue with LA or to go back to Asia.
Yeah Costa Rica is probably good if you want to completely avoid the "third world" experience. It will be a lot more expensive than other countries though. Other Latin American countries that aren't "third world" are Chile and Uruguay (also much more expensive).
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Have any of you guys tried MexicanCupid, ColombianCupid or LatinCupid? Is the quality decent? Can you quickly hook up with girls from these sites if you're in LA for a short-term trip?

Return to “Latin America, Mexico, Central America”