Why did this happen in China?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Ghost wrote:Pay is a concern, but if it comes to either not producing offspring vs producing offspring, I know which one to choose.
How old are you, anyway? What are your plans in terms of raising a family?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

can trying programming or coding? Take some computer classes and take it from there.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 31st, 2016, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

chanta76 wrote:can trying programming or coding? Take some computer classes and take it from there.
I've tried doing that, but my attention focuses elsewhere.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

chanta76 wrote:can trying programming or coding? Take some computer classes and take it from there.
I've suggested that but people in general has code-fobia. And that's precisely why it's a good field.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Lots of IT jobs around at the moment, especially here in the UK. I dared upload a new CV to a job board and got 27 phone calls in one day.

There are IT jobs overseas as well. But this week I looked at jobs in Japan and you can earn just as much teaching English, and you don't need to speak Japanese (which you do for most IT jobs).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

So in Japan ..an ESL teacher can make the same amount as a programmer? I don't believe in that. I thought that market for ESL teachers in places like Korea and Japan is becoming over staturated and that' why some of these esl teacher are heading to China.

The problem with ESL teaching is that I don't think it has a long term future..and there is cap in how much you make unless you open up your own school.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

chanta76 wrote:So in Japan ..an ESL teacher can make the same amount as a programmer? I don't believe in that. I thought that market for ESL teachers in places like Korea and Japan is becoming over staturated and that' why some of these esl teacher are heading to China.

The problem with ESL teaching is that I don't think it has a long term future..and there is cap in how much you make unless you open up your own school.
Korea is probably still the best place to save money since they pay for your flights. Taiwan is also really good due to the high salaries and low costs of living. Japan pays a decent salary, but unless you're in the countryside, expenses will likely eat away at your paycheck. China has a lower cost of living, but the payment isn't always that good (enough to live off of, but not necessarily enough to save big money).

That said, Taiwan and China are the places where foreign ESL teachers make more than the average local; in Japan and Korea they seem to make less.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

KokujinKrusader,

You have to consider the future. Unless you actually are a real teacher ..I don't see ESL having a long term job growth or security. It's better to learn something else that's marketable.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Re: Why did this happen in China?

Post by Jonny Law »

You are a great man Cornfed. I am happy that these chicks adore you.

Maybe you have an Asian soul. Maybe you deserve to be cheered.

How can I argue? Chinese people have the highest IQs on earth. In fact American universities have to restrict the number of Chinese people because they excel too much.

FACT-
China has the highest IQ China (105.8), Hong Kong (105.7), Korea and Taiwan (both 104.6), and Japan (104.2)

European/White: 99

Latino Americans: 89

African-Americans: 85

Source: http://defence.pk/threads/iq-test-resul ... z3E3wy3cTm

Cornfed wrote:I was in an auditorium in front of about five hundred Chinese students. It was interesting. Us foreigners were introduced. The crowd gave a cheer for the person introduced. Who do you think got the biggest cheer?

1. A tall, broad, skinny man in his 40s with a toothbrush mustache who had given up on looking youthful.
2. A half Filipina half English chick in her early 20s who was big boned and hot and good looking.
3. A brownskinned chick in her 30s who was an aerobics instructor, and so looked hot.
4. A flabby but muscular short white guy in his 30s who looked athletic.

We all know the answer, but I wonder why? Why was I so popular?