Is this the new normal? Are even family members "too bu

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
miss_conduct
Freshman Poster

Is this the new normal? Are even family members "too bu

Post by miss_conduct »

Hello everyone...this is about why people, friends, even relatives....are so "busy" that they do not have time to lend a helping hand to others in need.
I wonder at times what all this "busyness" is all about.
Is it a smokescreen for "not very high on my list of priorities"?
:(
For example one of my cousins is a very nice girl (much better than your average western woman) I think she may work long hours at her job (as a senior writer for a greeting card company) but getting in touch with her is almost a victory of sorts. I have left her four or five phone messages already (not all at one time, mind you, probably once a week for four weeks) and I may have gotten one short text message but that is it. Mind you, she does not live nearby-I am out in Georgia and she lives on the Missouri-Kansas border. Well, she's not married and don't have children. Does she really not have time to call me back? It's very puzzling. And she is one of the very few "nice" girls left in this country. I can't imagine what other modern women are like :roll:
I guess that maybe I grew up with the idea that family/friends are "always supposed to be there for each other". Am I perhaps, a tad idyllic or nostalgic?
I also have been trying to get my sister-in-law to do a small favor for me, but I don't know if she's come through yet.
I just don't know. Is this the "new normal" in America today? If it is I don't like it.
Thoughts? :?:
Be good, or be good at it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 24th, 2020, 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
miss_conduct
Freshman Poster

Post by miss_conduct »

My cousin is from an excellent family as far as I know. She and two other siblings- was raised by a stay-at-home mom (exceptional in this day and age!)

I guess I am the type who yearns for the "tribal" or "collectivist" type of society and not the "individualist" type.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Sadly it will get only worse.

The coming generation needs to make a lot of adjustments that were not taught by their parents or school.

If you want to keep your sanity. You will need to adapt and evolve.

We are not meant to be like that but we have to due to much bigger forces at play messing up our life's.

We all will need to learn from time to time, how to live alone without affection and love. How to live without friends. YET not falling into medication and drugs...Can we do it...?? We all need social connections, friends, and family however, even simple things have become extra-ordinary...

for example...getting a simple message from your close friends has become a gigantic tasks filled with doubts and trust. It has become that bad. That is why I have been saying, The world is much much darker than what we are being told. Its so bad that you cant even get a proper acknowledgment from people we love.

Its not your friends fault...She is also stuck in endless loop of work and debt...Her energy is drained by the work she does and she might not have anything left to share with you. She may have a good heart and intention but her energy is already drained.

So DO NOT ever make a mistake of hating, doubting the ones you love and care. They are also going through issues. You must understand it. Its not personal. The darkness wants to fuel further hate among the last few good ones left on earth.

Everyone is doing their best. Learn to Live without LOVE, Friends from time to time. Things will turn around. Just send positive vibes all around to your friends and family. I guarantee after few weeks, she will 100% reply and then you will connect with her even deeper.

Have faith in humanity, we are not that bad :)
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

Do your very best to never depend on anyone else for help. Sometimes we can't avoid it, but it is so much better to avoid needing the help of others if at all possible.

Try to be self-reliant.
Let's get together and feel alright.
miss_conduct
Freshman Poster

Post by miss_conduct »

Someone notable once said : "Always do what you can to survive in this world...because the only person you can always depend on is YOURSELF!"

No truer words ever spoken, for this day and time!
Starchild5-great insight you have.