African American who speaks 4 Asian languages

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Voyagetoasia
Freshman Poster

African American who speaks 4 Asian languages

Post by Voyagetoasia »

Hey everyone, I was referred to this forum from one of my friends, so I just wanna do a simple introduction.

I'm a college student, African-American, and multi-lingual. I built a Chinese program at my school and have been to China multiple times, with each experience being better than the former. I can, of course, speak Chinese on an advanced level, as well as Korean (conversational) and some Shanghai local dialect. I am the founder of my blog "Voyagetoasia.com" which basically is about international friendship, dating, traveling, West-East cultural exchange and all of that.\

My blog has guest articles from all types of international students and teachers alike, Asian males and females coming here, Caucasian, Latino, and African Americans going there, etc etc.

Thanks for viewing. And if you're not too busy, check out the site, it will be enjoyable.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

Welcome to the forum. Would you mind posting a link to your site?
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
Voyagetoasia
Freshman Poster

Post by Voyagetoasia »

Voyagetoasia
Freshman Poster

Post by Voyagetoasia »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

You said you speak "4 Asian languages." But I only see three; what is the other Asian language do you speak, Voyagetoasia?

It's impressive that you can speak Korean and advanced Chinese, as those languages are very difficult for Westerners. I applaud you in your ability to speak those languages--especially considering most Americans are too dumbass to want to learn a foreign language.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Welcome and nice to hear you like to study Asian languages and are travelling outside of USA.

4 Asian languages? You mention only 2 literary languages, Chinese and Korean.

What other languages are you studying now?

About myself, I am from Europe, living in Japan - my Asian languages are Japanese and Malay, and I can also read/write a lot of Chinese (but never did a proper study about spoken Chinese). I am not good in speaking tonal languages like Chinese or Thai.

I should learn some more other Asian languages, but too busy now, maybe in 2 years after my retirement, I am interested in Korean, Khmer and Tagalog.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I am curious as to how exactly you learned these languages. Kudos to you nonetheless and welcome.