What do you think about hair extensions/weaves?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

What do you think about hair extensions/weaves?

Post by Banano »

http://www.americapreachers.com/speak-o ... in-church/

Pastor Says NO to Women Wearing WEAVES in Church

"Pastor A.J. Aamir recently told his leadership staff at Resurrecting Faith, DO NOT wear weaves. Pastor Aamir feels women wearing weaves presents a false image of themselves and are associated with women who have low self-esteem.

“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m sayingâ€￾ said Pastor Aamir.

Pastor Aamir admits he was raised in a strict household. His mother and father are members of the Islamic faith. At 39 years old, he leads a congregation whose average age is 22.

“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their headsâ€￾ he told AmericaPreachers.com.

“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.â€￾

Pastor Aamir acknowledges he cannot legally prohibit women from wearing weaves in church, but he still highly disapproves it."

Do you think weaves/fake hair look ridiculous, unnatural, unhygienic and stupid?

I remember when I ended up with this black woman and in the morning when woke up her hair was on the floor, it looked like dead cat ..I freaked out.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

There is nothing wrong when a black women uses African braids in her hair to help her hair grow. The problem I have with black women is when they put on these hair hats that look nothing like there own natural hair. It is disgusting to see them with blond, pink and even red wigs. No, you are not fooling anyone. We know that you are wearing a wig. I believe many feel inferior to White, Spanish and Asian women and look to change their appearance.

Another issue I have is that many of these women have a low income. How can you be on welfare but have a $300 weave in your hair?
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Post by RedMenace »

I just got a brilliant idea. I will take picture of all the black women with weaves I come across and post it here and on youtube so we can laugh at them :lol: . For some reason they think they are fooling people to think its their real hair. With white women it's hard to NOT believe its real because their hair looks very much the same when they take extensions off. Only the ones who have medical conditions and are bald will wear wigs. Black women on the other hand will wear wig even though their natural hair is just fine. I hate the smell of their f*cking hair and the fake hair always finds itself in their cooking. I sometimes find f*cking long strands of wig hair in the f***ing food from the black woman i live with. But anyways with my 8 MP camera I should be able to take HD photos of the ridiculous wigs and extensions on black women. Sometimes I feel sorry for them. A lot of them have prescribed antidepressant. I bet most of them wished they weren't born. It's a shame Caucasian features are viewed as the standard of beauty even in damn Africa. The one place where black people should feel at home and normal. Even there they dislike their features and try to change them. :|
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Do they really think they can fool people??? Sure they have mirror...maybe that's why black women always look so angry, you know look I'm talking about...What is the point wearing it when everybody know its horses hair and not their own

I also hate the smell of fake hair , I guess you cant have normal shower with weave on..another thing is that it looks like dead, lifeless hair...

makes me wanna vomit
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Tommy Sotomayor had already addressed this is a video the other day. However, this article needs to be brought up on H.A. anyway.

I feel that women should wear their real hair. It's nice to pull on, to nut on, to even lick and smell it, too.

I like hairy pumpkin patch snatches too: TO PULL ON, TO NUT ON TO EVEN LICK AND SMELL IT, TOO.

I swear like All-4-One that I'm a natural at this. lol
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

They want to be beautiful. They don't think they are, so they make the necessary modifications ... having long flowing hair is their idea of beauty. Life experiences shape these things.

Straightening is another issue. I had a black girl sleep over & she had to tie her hair down in the night because it would literally break off if she didn't do this. So Straightening damages the hair real bad then they end up covering it up with weaves

Best thing a black girl can do is maintain a nice neat Ras ...
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
getmyazzouttahere
Freshman Poster

Post by getmyazzouttahere »

Array9 wrote:White, Spanish and Asian women
Spanish women are white, in most cases. Spain is located in Europe. If you mean to say Latin Americans, many of them are black; "Hispanic" is a US invention, not one uniform ethnic or "racial" category.

I am not trying to nitpick on you just to be a douche; my intention is only to see if I can get you to realize how far backward the typical duhmerican "racial" BS really is. Nobody in any other country is that misinformed, nor that firmly planted in the nineteenth century. Question it, friend. 8)
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: wigs black women

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

PattiHych23 wrote:wigs for black women are on sale here, they are all made of best quality, and especially for black women, all of which are selling at good prices!
FCUK YOU. #TROLLALERT
abg98
Freshman Poster

Post by abg98 »

Jsyk lots of the choices in weave texture do have to do with a Eurocentric beauty standard, but lots of women aren't trying "fool" anyone. Black hair is very fragile, so protective styling (which can include weaves, if they're properly taken care of) can help protect their own hair. The color choice is simply having fun. They don't think they're fooling anyone. Dying your hair is very risky, especially if you have kinky and/or fine hair, so wearing a wig or weave is a much safer option. I wear straight wigs/weaves when I want to give my hair a rest and change it up. They're actually usually shorter than my actual hair because length retention is my long-term goal. I don't usually wear kinky-textured wigs/weaves because the reasonably-priced ones feel like brillo pads. -.- Also, the smell probably comes from women not properly maintaining them. Most of us shouldn't shampoo our hair more than once a week, but some women misconstrue that to mean that they can or shouldn't wash (as in put water on) their hair for 3+ weeks....As much time and money as they put in, lots of Black women are still ignorant as to how to maintain/grow their hair unfortunately.
Nightngale
Freshman Poster

Post by Nightngale »

It's a shame, there really just trying to live up to the american standard of beauty. I'd prefer them to just go natural. Natural hair is beauty and Black women should be proud of how unique there hair is. The worst part is that the rigors AA women put there hair through actually damages the scalp and retards hair growth. So it can take years before they are able to achieve a full luscious head of hair.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What do you think about hair extensions/weaves?

Post by Moretorque »

I can understand why, most races pretty much look the same in most regards from one another because the way evolution worked it. Yes it is stupid and unnatural but the Europeans were dealt a unique look and some other races of women may be kinda lusting for that look.

Evolution is in the process of undoing all this right now by the way the planet is becoming smaller and there is no longer any isolation of the races in most areas.
Time to Hide!