Fake Confidence and Low Self-Esteem Myth: Fictitious Inventions of Modern America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The USA has tons of books, cd's and DVD's regarding how to have a "positive mental attitude" and "how to increase your self confidence."

Some of it is good and legitimate but a lot of it is recycled garbage. Having to fake a positive attitude all the time takes it toll on a person. Nobody can be in a positive mental state of mind 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

it is so funny because i told my mother once my studio is in full force in bosnia iam moving there...she was like "ok...thatll be interesting....why dont they move here" haha for one thing they dont want to move here....for another thing we would pay three times as much taxes operating within the US and possibly 5 times as much.....that means that instead of making a movie for 10 million we might only be able to make it for 5 million....we can make two movies for the price of one! and in reality we can make more like 5 movies over ther that are just a shigh quality for the amount it will take to make 1 over here.....it makes no sense......use the american market for what its worth and export from bosnia......that is the smartest route...and there are even plenty of great british and european actors we can use over there instead of americans like we do now.....and alll the old disney movies had british actors as their main characters and the majority of their cast
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
I think confident = self-asserting/self-serving to Americans. They like the guy who's out to just grab whatever he wants.
Yes, this is how twenty-something AW use the term.
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

it is crazy because i used to be involved in mlm and all the self-esteem bullcrap and consumed every book on the subject......and all it was was a toxic environment where i was ostrcized.......in the end it did nothing for me......i would meet and try to sell my product to numerous people everyday.....rejection after rejection.....to this day i hav still never had a serious american girlfriend or received love and affection from any american woman........it is all about the environment........i was shocked to find that in bosnia the women told me that there were never barfights and hardly any violence......it is where iam moving for good
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

matthewcoury wrote:it is so funny because i told my mother once my studio is in full force in bosnia iam moving there...she was like "ok...thatll be interesting....why dont they move here" haha for one thing they dont want to move here....for another thing we would pay three times as much taxes operating within the US and possibly 5 times as much.....that means that instead of making a movie for 10 million we might only be able to make it for 5 million....we can make two movies for the price of one! and in reality we can make more like 5 movies over ther that are just a shigh quality for the amount it will take to make 1 over here.....it makes no sense......use the american market for what its worth and export from bosnia......that is the smartest route...and there are even plenty of great british and european actors we can use over there instead of americans like we do now.....and alll the old disney movies had british actors as their main characters and the majority of their cast
Very cool way to abroad. Sarajevo, Mostar, where?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Confidence and Self-Esteem: Fictitious Inventions of Ame

Post by Winston »

Check out what Rock's tenant Monkro, an Indian American in Taiwan, told me below about the BS self-esteem claim that American women like to use to falsely shame men. It's very eloquent, truthful and powerful.
Monkro wrote:"You've seen me with your own eyes fearlessly and confidently approach a few different girls in grocery stores. Do you know how I can do that? Because I have high self-esteem. But does my high self-esteem help me in America? No. My results are still zero.

In Taiwan, in six months this year, I did the same type of approaches. I've dated 29 different women and had sex with five of them.

High self-esteem helps a man succeed with women ABROAD, but it makes zero difference in America. This bullshit about men failing with women in America because of low self-esteem is just another one of American society's tactics to never blame American women. In the mentally ill mind of American society, it always has to be the fault of men."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Fake Confidence and Self-Esteem: Fictitious Inventions of America

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
I have two revelations and insights about self esteem to share with you all. Heres the first. The second will follow below.

The first theory is about why American women are obsessed with self esteem and act so insecure. You ever notice how American women are focused on their self esteem issues and blabber about it a lot, but foreign women are not? Well there's a logical reason for that.

1. American women badly want to be equal or superior to men. They feel its their right. However they know deep down that they are inferior to men. They've never built or invented or designed anything in civilization. They've never won any battles or wars, or built any empires, civilizations, cities or skyscrapers. Or invented any new technologies. Instinctively they know that. And they know that the best male athletes can beat the best female athletes. And the best male chess players can beat the best female chess players. So they know they are inferior both physically in terms of strength and mentally in terms of intelligence and logic too.

All this makes them feel insecure and they resent it subconsciously. As a result they need to boost themselves with lots of extra self esteem, which is fake and pseudo of course. But its like a band aid that helps them think they are patching up their inferiority complex for not being truly equal to men.

2. Moreover, they've suppressed their feminity and hate it. So in a sense they hate their true selves that nature gave them. Hence, since they hate themselves, they truly have low self esteem. Thus they have to find artifical ways to keep boosting their self esteem, using stupid new age mantras and self help books, etc.

If they had accepted and embraced their feminine nature and who they are, then they would have true self esteem and confidence, the way foreign women do. And then they wouldn't blab on about self esteem like some wounded animal. Thats why you dont see women in Russia or China blabbing about self esteem. Only American women do. Furthermore, American women before the era of feminism did not blab about self esteem either.

3. Plus of course, American culture produces low self esteem in general because no one truly likes you for you. People only like you if you are useful to them in their business or career or you help raise their social image. Hence no one feels truly loved and accepted for themselves. That's gotta be a factor as well.

What do you think of my theory? Does my explanation make sense?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Fake Confidence and Self-Esteem: Fictitious Inventions of America

Post by Winston »

Just put up a blog article about fake confidence and self-esteem in America. Feel free to share it with others using this link.

https://blog.happierabroad.com/2020/06/ ... steem.html

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Fake Confidence and Self-Esteem: Fictitious Inventions of Modern America

Post by Winston »

Other articles debunking the "fake it til you make it" confidence myth.

https://medium.com/@Evelyn_Marinoff/fak ... 0fd5815ccf

http://www.evelynmarinoff.com/fake-ever ... onfidence/

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Fake Confidence and Low Self-Esteem Myth: Fictitious Inventions of Modern America

Post by Winston »

Posted this on YouTube:

Low self esteem is a myth created by the self help industry. Google "low self esteem" and you will see many good articles including mine. I lived in Philippines and Russia for many years and my self esteem was never an issue, only in America it is. In other countries I can be myself and come out of my shell - no shyness, no anxiety, no self esteem issues. It was the most liberating experience, beyond what words can convey. Too bad you can' t experience that because you're not an expat. People need to know the truth. TED Talks needs to let me do one.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Fake Confidence and Low Self-Esteem Myth: Fictitious Inventions of Modern America

Post by jamesbond »

America has this "Self Help" cult that no other country does. The USA also has a "Positivity" cult, where you are expected to be happy and positive all the time. No wonder why America has the highest rate of mental illness than any other country in the world. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

jamesbond wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 11:22 pm
America has this "Self Help" cult that no other country does. The USA also has a "Positivity" cult, where you are expected to be happy and positive all the time. No wonder why America has the highest rate of mental illness than any other country in the world. :shock:
Unfortunately that is not entirely correct. Speaking of the countries I have lived in for a long time, Italy and the UK, the self-help industry has been thriving for decades. Maybe it's a sign of globalisation: what may have started in the US is a global phenomenon.

And I won't even start on the Philippines. This place got all, and I mean all, the worst aspects of American culture: you are how much you own, in fact you are how much you can show off you own, everybody can become rich with a "special formula" (usually a Ponzi of some sort), it's OK to get rich at the expense of the weaker, the poorer, the more honest, and so on.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
September 14th, 2014, 8:35 pm
Fake Confidence and Self-Esteem: Fictitious Inventions of Modern America

Have you noticed that popular concepts in America such as "confidence" and "self-esteem" seem to be like some weird religion or cult? They are treated like some "magic pill" that will solve all your problems and make you succeed at anything. Have you ever felt that there was something fake about all that? If so, you're not alone.

When you analyze such terms logically, you find that they are nebulous and devoid of substance. People who make a big deal out of them seem inauthentic and delusional, like they are trying to hype up something artificial without basis in logic, fact or science. It all sounds very fake and phony, like hype without substance.

Yet such terms are treated like magical holy words in American pop psychology, the motivational/self-improvement industry, the New Age movement, etc. The word "confidence" is popular with American men, and "self-esteem" is like some cult to American women.

Let me tell you a shocking secret that most Americans don't know:

When you leave America and go to other countries, you are never told that you need to develop "confidence" or "self-esteem". That's something you usually only hear in America. This begs the question, WHY?

The only logical explanation is that modern American culture is very fake, artificial and toxic. It tears people down in an overly competitive, soulless and negative environment. So one must struggle to maintain basic self-confidence.

The key to understanding American culture is this: In a fake artificial culture, one MUST become fake and artificial in order to fit into it. Therefore, when you are told that "you need confidence and self-esteem" what you are really being told is that: "You need to learn to act more fake in order to fit into a fake culture".

Great points Winston and very true, the culture in America is fake and phony. If you feel like you don't fit in, people will say you need to be more "confident" which is not true.

What you really need to do is travel to foreign countries where people are more inclusive and friendly. Fitting in has nothing to do with confidence, it has to do with what kind of society do you live in.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This guy says, just by carrying a condom in your pocket will increase your self confidence and help you meet women and help you get laid in America. WTF? :lol: