There is not much benefit to being white in Asia.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Chad114
Freshman Poster

Post by Chad114 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Mr S wrote:Well, for all the harping leftist feminists and their guilt laden white male Euro lackeys keep saying about 'white' privilege in America and other Anglo-sphere countries, I can confirm it truly exists in the Philippines at least. Not sure how prevalent it is in other Asian countries though.
That didn't stop me; I'm not fully-White. I had dated four women synchronously-dating when I was living in a new house by the airport in Davao City. In an orgy, only once in the Visayas. "Where in the Visayas, E??" Like Filipinas say, "Seeeee-crit!" Jajajaja!!!
Chad114
Freshman Poster

Post by Chad114 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
ladislav wrote:N. Asians ( which includes TW and Sg and Malaysian Chinese) like Anglo Saxon/Nordic looking guys- think Mormons. That is what they call a real foreigner.

In the Philippines, you will do better if you look more Latin/Spanish like.

The Indo-Chinese prefer Chinese/Japanese/Korean looking guys. Whites are not popular that much. It's just the honest truth.
And even beyond skin color, don't forget the importance of good manners, politeness, and friendliness. That goes a long way no matter where you are.
Can reduce racial prejudice somewhat, but not enough in highly prejudice societies.
Ironically, whenever Filpinas come to Canada, they don't really date anybody of W. African descent.
ON the other hand, on the West Coast part of America, Black guys seemingly clean-up with Pinays/Filipinas.
In Houston, Black guys don't clean-up on Filipinas there. NYC is not so much better for Black guys (when
it comes to Filipinas).
LOL more BS. Me and My boyz always do quite well with the filipina honies in T-dot. They LUV brothas over there. Also my friend is married to a Filipina from Ontario.
Voyagetoasia
Freshman Poster

Post by Voyagetoasia »

I did not read all the replies....way to many, but me being an African American student, I was worried that I would have a hard time, but actually I didn't have not a difficulty. Not in China, or the US. In fact, my current gf is Chinese, in NY, but there was always one tip that I lived by, and maybe it helped me. But what I learned about Asian girls is that if you show off money in their eyes, they will either take it, or be turned off by it, so thats dumb, also if you believe the "they only like white guys" thats not correct either.

I remember going to a club called "Bar Rouge" a real upscale place in Shanghai, and I remember seeing a bunch of white guys in nice clothes getting rejected a lot, everytime I went there, I scored, and because I wasn't all extra or trying hard it was more relaxed. I would say, if you can't speak Chinese, make a small broken effort to speak to her, and let her giggle at the fact that it's probably cute, they like to teach and help you learn, basically they want to contribute something.

Last, a theory some of my business mentors in Shanghai told me: "If you are new to the city, you don't speak Chinese, or you don't understand the culture, you're no match for Chinese girls. Where you think you're winning you're losing, and you're limited to such a small percentage." (not my words) Good luck
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Post by D_Athlete »

Voyagetoasia wrote:I did not read all the replies....way to many, but me being an African American student, I was worried that I would have a hard time, but actually I didn't have not a difficulty. Not in China, or the US. In fact, my current gf is Chinese, in NY, but there was always one tip that I lived by, and maybe it helped me. But what I learned about Asian girls is that if you show off money in their eyes, they will either take it, or be turned off by it, so thats dumb, also if you believe the "they only like white guys" thats not correct either.

I remember going to a club called "Bar Rouge" a real upscale place in Shanghai, and I remember seeing a bunch of white guys in nice clothes getting rejected a lot, everytime I went there, I scored, and because I wasn't all extra or trying hard it was more relaxed. I would say, if you can't speak Chinese, make a small broken effort to speak to her, and let her giggle at the fact that it's probably cute, they like to teach and help you learn, basically they want to contribute something.

Last, a theory some of my business mentors in Shanghai told me: "If you are new to the city, you don't speak Chinese, or you don't understand the culture, you're no match for Chinese girls. Where you think you're winning you're losing, and you're limited to such a small percentage." (not my words) Good luck

Been to Bar Rouge numerous times. It's mostly a foreign bar with American or Canadian-born Chinese, and little to no local Chinese Chinese. Every time I went there I've always seen white guys with their Chinese girlfriends, never seen black guys pull from there. So I'd have to say, you're probably lying.
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Post by D_Athlete »

If you're the right kind of white in Asia/China, you'll reap massive benefits usually.

Friend of mine is blonde and blue-eyed. Said he got hired on the spot for a high-paying job in China. Didn't even have to do a interview really, guy just handed him the contract. He also gets tutoring jobs with ease; evidently Chinese parents want their children to learn English from what they consider an 'ideal' American/Westerner.

I showed a picture of the guy to some Chinese girl friends of mine to see what they would think of him, and they called him handsome and a "pure American," whatever that means.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Ghost,

This happens through out Asia. In Japan and Korea they do that too still..but I think recently the past couple years it changed in Korea and to some extent Japan..now they actually look for qualified ESL teachers.

I see China the way Korea and Japan was like 15 years ago. The ESL industry the dating scene and the party scene. I mean 15 years ago the story was in Japan the girls are so easy for western guys ...but today in Japan not as easy as they once were. The same applies to Korea . In Korea and Japan the novelty factor of the western person wore off and the ESL industry matured to a degree in what is more important in a teacher.

I think China in few years will follow suit in the same manner.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 21st, 2020, 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

The reason why the ESL industry is like this is because a lot of it is just a scam. Chinese business owners open up these things and hire handsome foreigners so they can scam naive parents. They don't care about quality or anything. It's an industry that's very fly by night. Once parents realize that they are getting f***ed over that's when things start to change. At the moment a lot of noveau rich Chinese have money to throw around and not too much common sense.

A friend of mine worked in ESL in China and told me how much of a con job it was there. It's pretty much a scam in places like Thailand too.