Greg from Texas

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
komments
Freshman Poster

Greg from Texas

Post by komments »

Hi. My name is Greg Kellogg and I currently live near Corpus Christi Texas with my wife of 38 years and puppy. I am fairly big in the Fantasy Football world and work for a living in computers. I work for a Canadian company (Open Text.com) and do a bit of traveling.

I am 58 and heavy (292 lbs). Happily married with three grown children. I will be bringing my wife to the Philippines in December for a vacation. We plan to spend a day or two in Manila then fly to Cebu. Our hotel is booked for Dec 27th through January 3rd. Fast boat to Tagbilaran (not yet booked - any preferences) where we will stay from the third to the ninth of January.

I would love to hear of suggestions for things to do and see while there. I love to fish, snorkel and eat out (as evidenced by my girth). Not so keen on long walks or mountain climbing.

My wife will want to visit museums and shop. Neither of us are partiers though we might take in a club to enjoy others doing karaoke - you couldn't get me drunk enough to do that even if I did drink.

Since we live on the gulf coast, we are used tohot humid weather but advice on what type of clothes to bring/wear would be appreciated.

Feel free to ask me anything.
Greg Kellogg

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Dear Greg,

You are a great man and inspiration. Hope your wife treats you well.

Thanks
komments
Freshman Poster

Post by komments »

Always has Jonny. Better than I deserve probably. She was 14 when we went on our first date (to a movie) and at that time anyone under 16 got in on a child ticket. She got so mad when I ordered one adult and one child ticket. But 41 years later (almost 39 married) she is still with me. We have lived in seven different states and four countries (US, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium). Traveled to many others, but never the far east. My jobs have taken me to Korea, Kuwait, many European countries but this will be a first vacation without the kids in over 30 years so I want it to be memorable.
Greg Kellogg
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

komments wrote:Always has Jonny. Better than I deserve probably. She was 14 when we went on our first date (to a movie) and at that time anyone under 16 got in on a child ticket. She got so mad when I ordered one adult and one child ticket. But 41 years later (almost 39 married) she is still with me. We have lived in seven different states and four countries (US, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium). Traveled to many others, but never the far east. My jobs have taken me to Korea, Kuwait, many European countries but this will be a first vacation without the kids in over 30 years so I want it to be memorable.
Good evening. Welcome to Happier Abroad, guy.
How much stress does your wife give you? Is she docile and submissive without being nor feeling inferior?
Do you wear the pants in the house? Does she wear the pants in the house?
komments
Freshman Poster

Post by komments »

Dude, what on earth would prompt you to ask that? All relationships have some stress but I am quite certain the travel I do for my job prompts a helluva lot more stress than anything Janie does. As for submissive and docile - Lord no. I married a Latina. Pants in the house? I make most decisions but her input is invaluable. What a quaint concept - likening marriage to a master/slave model. That will never last friend - in any modern society. Both her parents and mine were married for over 50 years. Janie and I go over 39 in December.
Greg Kellogg
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Hi.

During December time, Philippines is very very busy, due to X'mas, most of the Oversees Filipinos from Middle East and America come back home to meet the family.

You would need to make preparation right away. Especially for transportation. It becomes very hard to get a taxi in Manila during that time. Minimum waiting period is 30 to 1 hour plus you have to tip the taxi drivers more. Book your Hotel early also, else the price will double for all your stay not just Manila. You can boox taxi online or from UBER etc

Generally, Anywhere in Manila should not be more than 200 - 250 Pesos. They ask around 500 to 700 Pesos from Airport - Don't go with it - The Yellow Cab Taxi are Specifically Airport Taxis - The Meter starts from 70, Always insist on Meter - Don't tip more than 20 Pesos and if the journey was long 50+ miles - 50 Pesos Max.

Get out of Manila as soon as possible, Cebu is better. Boracay is a nice place. Mactan has some nice resorts, there are great beaches in Cebu also, Google it for your preference. The number 1 beach in Philippines is Boracay...Many call it simply a Paradise, If you can, plan it for there.

....Philippines is a great place for vacation...You will enjoy it. Good Luck
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

komments wrote:Dude, what on earth would prompt you to ask that? All relationships have some stress but I am quite certain the travel I do for my job prompts a helluva lot more stress than anything Janie does. As for submissive and docile - Lord no. I married a Latina. Pants in the house? I make most decisions but her input is invaluable. What a quaint concept - likening marriage to a master/slave model. That will never last friend - in any modern society. Both her parents and mine were married for over 50 years. Janie and I go over 39 in December.
#Inaudible
#TurnOnRecord
I'm so glad that there's still hope in the U.S. of Gay whereas your marriage is persisting through the test of time. Although you may feel I don't.
However, your marriage is lasting that long because you wear the pants in the house, as you have just mentioned and she's a Hispanic woman whom actually acquiesces to you. Mestizas, like your wife, actually respect alabaster skin because they know that people whom look like you have wealth (e.g. DNA spawn, financially, passive-aggressive so they don't have to do with machismo from Hispanic men) (even if you are not wealthy, it's ALSO about the image their ancestors have passed down from the viceroys, conquistadors, et. al. from Spain alas their lust for Caucasians). That, in a sense, is hypergamy; it's the idea - of "marrying up" - is it not? Stay with me now; I'm almost done. Don't let that dissuade you from reading the rest. They understand the patriarch alas their respect for it alas that master/slave model that inevitably works. Does it not??????

The term "modern" signifies "change" and "change" does not always implement progression. Time changes by the nanosecond, but that doesn't mean that it has to become "modern". Society is "modern" now because men in this country decide to let the successors of chicks like Susan B. Anthony have their cake and eat it too. Once one keeps their heel on the back of women's neck for so long, if they didn't want this neo-feminist, misandrist hell to become so pervasive (here in the States), they should have kept their feet on them right there. Cannot violate somebody for so long and expect them to have mercy on you when alleviating pressure; the laws of physics and the animal kingdom don't work as such. So the slave (dog) did bite the owner back and anything else it doesn't respect (non-owner others). It's that quid-pro-quo, men-paying-the-price-now, tables-turned type of epidemic. It's also "modern" due to the progression of technology and the lack thereof in certain cases, but I digress here.

There's a saying, although it's from the ebonics dialect, but it holds so much wisdom, "If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it". I deplore saying the word "ain't" just in case if you think I'm a "typical ...". Men in this country thought that giving "equal" rights would have worked, now they have given them superior rights over straight men.

As for "modern" capitalism, it ruined the U.S. of Gay, too; you can thank a lot of Askenazi Jews for not being bumped off because they had taken capitalism to a very incorrigible level through policy, domination, and ethnocentric solipsism. The Chinese are already capitalist as it's one of the oldest societies which have implored the earliest forms of capitalism, while barter and trade were still popular in the West and Western Europe. The rest has been ruined due to affirmative action (two phases: the Black phase, which replaced the more skilled worker if they weren't Black, and the second phase, replacing straight men of ALL RACES by gay men, dykes, lezbos, and charlatan women whom lack the skill and apitude to get caught up to speed), corporate capitalism, hyper-hypergamy (i.e. women having to have the alpha-most Fortune 500/100/x or just not settling for men if they aren't Mr. Perfect), liberalism, etc.

With all respect due, you may also click on the "Quote" icon, which is in the upper-right-hand corner per post. In this way, the person that you want to address would definitely know that you're addressing them.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 20th, 2020, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
komments
Freshman Poster

Post by komments »

You do realize that I used the term "happily married" and said I am taking my wife with me. This is about seeing a part of the world I never have. Not about getting serviced by a child.
Ghost wrote:So you're married in the U.S. and are going to the Philippines for a vacation?

*knock knock*

Hey Greg, did you hear that? Better answer the door. I just heard opportunity knocking.
Greg Kellogg
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Don't be so myopic, Greg Nice. I believe that you have a pending response for me.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Okay, Greg Nice. At least you have properly introduced yourself on the board. That says something about your character. Ciao.
komments
Freshman Poster

Post by komments »

Truthfully, I didn't take your anti-American rant that seriously. Certainly not enough to warrant a thoughtful response. Figured you were just yanking my chain and I am way too old to rise to the bait.
Greg Kellogg
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 20th, 2020, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

komments wrote:Truthfully, I didn't take your anti-American rant that seriously. Certainly not enough to warrant a thoughtful response. Figured you were just yanking my chain and I am way too old to rise to the bait.
Are you serious? Do you think this is a bait-and-switch game? Apparently, you don't respect my sentiments. Typical, unfettered, pompous American. Estoy perdiendo mucho tiempo con ud.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Gregg, welcome to the board.

Best travel-blogger we have here re the Phils is probably DaveWe.

Rock will also know some of the inside dope, lived there a while and likes to live well.

Personally I think StarChild's comments were right on.
Last edited by Jester on October 6th, 2014, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.