Does Steve Pavlina really make $1000 a day from his blog?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
Winston
Site Admin

Does Steve Pavlina really make $1000 a day from his blog?

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
You know that guy Steve Pavlina that I asked you about before? You said he probably makes most of his money from his seminars.

But look what he says here. He says he doesn't sell anything, yet he now makes 1000 dollars a DAY just from his blog alone! That's very hard to believe. Yet he is loved and admired by many and very spiritual too. And his blog is ranked 7000 by Alexa, which is VERY high. But a thousand dollars a day?!

What do you think?

Here is this fantastic claim right from his own blog!

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/0 ... your-blog/
How to Make Money From Your Blog
May 3rd, 2006 by Steve Pavlina

StevePavlina.com was launched on Oct 1st, 2004. By April 2005 it was averaging $4.12/day in income. Now it brings in over $1000/day (updated as of 10/29/06). I didn’t spend a dime on marketing or promotion. In fact, I started this site with just $9 to register the domain name, and everything was bootstrapped from there. Would you like to know how I did it?
Last edited by Winston on January 13th, 2012, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Momopi, do you believe he makes $1000 a day from his blo

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Momopi,
You know that guy Steve Pavlina that I asked you about before? You said he probably makes most of his money from his seminars.

But look what he says here. He says he doesn't sell anything, yet he now makes 1000 dollars a DAY just from his blog alone! That's very hard to believe. Yet he is loved and admired by many and very spiritual too. And his blog is ranked 7000 by Alexa, which is VERY high. But a thousand dollars a day?!

What do you think?
If he doesn't sell anything, then why is his web site full of products?

He even sells Vita-Mix @_@
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Momopi, do you believe he makes $1000 a day from his blo

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:Momopi,

What do you think?
If he doesn't sell anything, then why is his web site full of products?

He even sells Vita-Mix @_@
Probably cause that article is outdated and he changed his strategy? I also don't see any adsense ads on his site, even though he says its one of his primary sources of income. It's odd that he would take it down, since it's a real money maker.

Maybe this describes his strategy?
http://edificial.blogspot.com/2006/08/c ... vlina.html

As for the rest of it, I have no idea whether people actually believe what he's selling. I think he's just tapping into the self-help business model - get rich by telling everyone how rich you already are. It's a self-reinforcing scheme where no one can prove you wrong unless they take the time to actually investigate your history. But most people don't and thus they fork over their money giving him the riches he claims to have made on his own.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston, you posted his article "10 reason to never have a religion":
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2008/0 ... -religion/

At the very end of the article we find this ad:
Achieve new breakthroughs in your habits, career, finances, relationships, health, and spiritual development. Register now to attend the next transformational 3-day Conscious Growth Workshop in Las Vegas.

The link is to a 3-day workshop:
http://www.stevepavlina.com/conscious-growth-workshop/

He sells $650 vita-mix blenders and $497 personal development seminars.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:Winston, you posted his article "10 reason to never have a religion":
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2008/0 ... -religion/

At the very end of the article we find this ad:
Achieve new breakthroughs in your habits, career, finances, relationships, health, and spiritual development. Register now to attend the next transformational 3-day Conscious Growth Workshop in Las Vegas.

The link is to a 3-day workshop:
http://www.stevepavlina.com/conscious-growth-workshop/

He sells $650 vita-mix blenders and $497 personal development seminars.
If so, then he's changed his mind and tactics. If you look at the first article I posted, he says he doesn't sell any products. He only writes to help people, and the universe or karma rewards him financially through the law of karma and giving, etc. Anyhow, he claims in this article that he gets $1000 from his blog alone. See here again:
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/0 ... your-blog/

Why is he contradicting himself?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, he also lives in Las Vegas and wrote in his blog that it was a spiritual place full of positive optimistic people. Look here:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/0 ... las-vegas/

How come he doesn't notice all the degenerates in the neighborhoods off the strip, the ones that make it look like a scene from Grand Theft Auto?

Do some New Agers deliberately ignore such realities? If so, why?

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Technically, if he's selling seminars, then he's selling services and not physical products. But the bottom line is that he's charging $500 per head for his seminars and that's probably how he makes a living.

"Positive energy" is a very broad and vague term. In real estate, when we say "feng shui", what we're really talking about is position, lighting, air flow, etc. that affects how the person feels (is the air stale? is the house facing light source with lots of windows to make interirors bright?) and not "geomancy" in occult terms.

As a personal preference, a person can sit in the middle of a desert and feel good about it, versus someone else would complain that it's too hot. So if the guy says he feels positive in Las Vegas, OK, he feels positive. If he's lying, then he's lying to himself because only he suffers the consequences of living in a place that he actually dislikes.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyone can charge $500 for something, but that doesn't mean people wil pay it. How easy is it to get people to fork over $500 for a seminar? Gee, that must be hard. I mean, it's hard enough getting people to pay $20 for anything intangible. Why would they pay $500?

Aren't Americans usually cynical these days about everything? They must be the hardest people to sell to, unless what you are selling has real value. But either way, people don't part with $500 easily. I'm sure they are very careful about where they spend that kind of money.

tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

You can make a lot on a site.
Like all things it needs to be your consuming passion.
And it needs to be the right thing at the right time.
Look at WeedMaps.com.
Relatively simple idea, a lot of work to get it going, more or less one man show to start, when you make more coin a little help is a great relief.

Like many things it involves finding a need you can fulfill and it helps to be first.

I have a friend who is trying to make a mint off of clicks. He trying to build website with this Frankenstein system they have, he does not even understand the basics of web page construction. I said its great your learning about this stuff but I am sorry I don't think you will make much off this. Still you got to start somewhere right. Any of these things saying you can make a fortune easily just follow my method for a small fee. Its not going to work.

If your just focused on the profit it wont work.
Not that profit is unimportant its just what your doing and providing is more important to your success.

The really good ideas no one has done or done it correctly.
Or it maybe its just getting the timing right.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Last time i read Steve Pavlina wanted to close his forum as some members created their own forum and he felled pissed and betrayed about it.

Then he and his wife broke.

Anyway, the guy should create a sect like scientology he could make good money. Every day new Idiots are born.