Brand new member saying hi

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
filmmakerinLA
Freshman Poster

Brand new member saying hi

Post by filmmakerinLA »

Thanks Winston, for all your great information. I'm Kirk - a low budget filmmaker/writer in L.A. and have been thinking about going overseas. My DVD distributors seem to be making all the money, so I'm doing a day job, saving up as much as possible till I can go abroad for awhile. I am hoping to give Germany a try. I'd like to do some video/photo shoots in Europe, but am most concerned that I can maintain some kind of steady income.... possibly teaching English. It looks like there's a lot I can learn from the feedback here. I'm at even more of a dating disadvantage here in the U.S. because I'm over 50 and not rich. Any advice/ideas/questions/thoughts are most welcome.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Welcome!
Gene and Viol
Freshman Poster

Re: Brand new member saying hi

Post by Gene and Viol »

filmmakerinLA wrote:Thanks Winston, for all your great information. I'm Kirk - a low budget filmmaker/writer in L.A. and have been thinking about going overseas. My DVD distributors seem to be making all the money, so I'm doing a day job, saving up as much as possible till I can go abroad for awhile. I am hoping to give Germany a try. I'd like to do some video/photo shoots in Europe, but am most concerned that I can maintain some kind of steady income.... possibly teaching English. It looks like there's a lot I can learn from the feedback here. I'm at even more of a dating disadvantage here in the U.S. because I'm over 50 and not rich. Any advice/ideas/questions/thoughts are most welcome.
Hi Filmmaker,

Welcome to the site. Lots of good information available here in Winston’s site for sure.
I’m from LA also. Grew up in N. Hollywood/Van Nuys. My dad worked for Technicolor at Universal for 30 plus years.

For teaching English, you might want to try Taiwan. Many teachers are needed there. The only drawback on Taiwan that I can think of is the cost of living.

I’m retired and married living in the Philippines close to Taiwan and have been here for seven years.
Not a lot in the way of jobs here in the Philippines other than doing medical transcription. Wages in that field are only about $20us dollars per day. Or as a bar/restaurant manager at about $300us dollars per month.

The big advantage of the Philippines though is that the cost of living is less than 1/3 of that in the states and LOTS of beautiful women here. :wink:

Gene and Viol
Angeles City, Philippines
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

If I were 50 and looking for much younger women, I'd skip Germany and go deeper into Eastern Eu, like Romania or a former Yugo state.
Last edited by Adama on June 11th, 2018, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
filmmakerinLA
Freshman Poster

Thanks for your comments

Post by filmmakerinLA »

Hi Gene & Viol,

Yes, Gene - it looks like we grew up very close to each other. I'm actually working right by Van Nuys. That's great you've been around the entertainment industry growing up too. Are you glad you moved there, instead of staying here in L.A.? I had thought about the Philippines, but have always been drawn to Europe. I wouldn't be much of a medical transcriber myself. That must be nice for you being totally retired... and it sounds like you really met the girl of your dreams there too. Were you in entertainment yourself when in Calif?

Well, I really appreciate your comments and hope we keep in touch.

Kirk
filmmakerinLA
Freshman Poster

Thanks for the advice!

Post by filmmakerinLA »

Hi J. Adama,

I visited Germany once and have always wanted to go back, and I know some German too. I do think that even though German girls would be much friendlier and more accessible than U.S. girls, that it still might be a real problem with my age. I guess I'm just not as familiar with a lot of the eastern eu countries. Would you think Czech and Poland would be a good idea? What about Romania do you think makes it so special? Any other countries you'd particularly recommend? Thanks again for your input... outside of 1 trip to Europe I am not well travelled at all (yet).

Kirk
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thanks for the advice!

Post by Adama »

filmmakerinLA wrote:Hi J. Adama,

I visited Germany once and have always wanted to go back, and I know some German too. I do think that even though German girls would be much friendlier and more accessible than U.S. girls, that it still might be a real problem with my age. I guess I'm just not as familiar with a lot of the eastern eu countries. Would you think Czech and Poland would be a good idea? What about Romania do you think makes it so special? Any other countries you'd particularly recommend? Thanks again for your input... outside of 1 trip to Europe I am not well travelled at all (yet).

Kirk
Last edited by Adama on June 11th, 2018, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gene and Viol
Freshman Poster

Re: Thanks for your comments

Post by Gene and Viol »

filmmakerinLA wrote:Hi Gene & Viol,

Yes, Gene - it looks like we grew up very close to each other. I'm actually working right by Van Nuys. That's great you've been around the entertainment industry growing up too. Are you glad you moved there, instead of staying here in L.A.? I had thought about the Philippines, but have always been drawn to Europe. I wouldn't be much of a medical transcriber myself. That must be nice for you being totally retired... and it sounds like you really met the girl of your dreams there too. Were you in entertaeninment yourself when in Calif?

Well, I really appreciate your comments and hope we keep in touch.

Kirk
Hi Kirk,

Sorry for the delayed reply. No I didn’t work in the entertainment field except for a short time at Deluxe.

Do the kids still cruise Van Nuys Blvd on Wednesday nights? I’ll bet I burnt several hundred gallons of gas in my Firebird cruising. Hahaha!!!

Yea, I’m really glad I moved and retired here. It’s a big adjustment living in a land where I think the clocks actually run backwards. Yap, I got lucky in meeting my wife and she truly makes me glad I’m here.

There are many-many wonderful girls here and most are looking to get married. A very large percentage would make a good wife without a doubt. So much different than the girls in the states.
But a good rule of thumb as far as the women here-believe only about 10% of what you hear and or what girls online here might be telling you. A large percentage of the ones online are bar girls looking for a one way ticket to LA or trying to make a living from generous foreigners that want to (help) the girl or her family.

If you want, send an email to us at: genedavis2003@fastmail.fm and/or if you use Skype just add us on. Our Skype name is: gene.and.viol.davis

The Philippines really is a great place to retire and live. The cost of living is less than 1/3 of the states but most items we are use to are available. Especially at the local shopping malls or the duty free stores inside of Clark airbase by Angeles City.

Anyway, hope to hear from you and will be able to give you much more info or maybe be able to answer questions.

Gene and Viol…