Update Report Since You First Started Visiting HA.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Update Report Since You First Started Visiting HA.

Post by zacb »

How much progress have you made since you started frequenting this forum? Still looking for initial funding to visit a country? Splitting time? Building up your funding mechanism to live abroad? Finding a love partner? For me, I finally have enough funds to travel abroad, which I plan to do with Panama, I have a gf here in the states, building up the funding to invest in a funding mechanism so I can at least split time abroad. It took me two years, but I feel like I am on my way to eventually expatriating for economic and social/moral reasons, all of which my gf support. What progress have you made?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

sfexcellence
Freshman Poster
Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Re: Update Report Since You First Started Visiting HA.

Post by sfexcellence »

Hey,

Well, the number of places in the world that are clean + safe + few scammers and/or gypsies + warm and friendly people are very few, with most of them being too expensive to get to to learn language + meet people + get into the culture, and even if I do go abroad and find heaven, I can only raise $1100/year so going there often would not be an option, I would come back + have re-entry shock like I did before and be torn apart by only being able to access this place 1/1-2 years and having to deal with all of the crap that is here in Canada.

Unless, as success in life is always a team effort, I were to team up with someone to travel and invest overseas, split the costs and both of us benefit, THEN I could have a chance at expatriation. zacb and others, what do you think? And I am open to many places in the world, as long as I have safe and clean accommodations + good income coming in + community.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The 'manosphere' has changed my life (literally), and awakened the spirit inside me; no longer do I feel hopeless, frustrated and depressed; I now have answers, and have taken steps to achieve my ultimate goal: to get away from the U.S. of Gay.

I thank all those who encouraged me in the past, as well as past and present HA members, along with members of other forums that I'm a part of. If not for my 'awakening,' I shudder to think what I would've become: another mindless American drone...
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Happier Abroad, though it is filled with trolls and assholes nowadays, has given me the sense of direction I needed in my life, that I was trying to find for so long. No longer am I drifting aimlessly. Most importantly, it has given me so much insight on the world and on people in general. I enjoyed the Anglosphere when I was younger and at one point my dream was to go to America, but I'm fortunate enough to be directed away from hell. HA has literally saved my life. Six years living in China has helped me discover my passion for traveling, foreign women, and adventure. If not for Happier Abroad I would be just another Anglo worshiping sheep. I agree with zboy on how our lives would be drastically different had we never found HA.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

You know there's something wrong with the Anglosphere if some of its favourited model minorities (i.e. North American men with Asian ancestry) no longer fancy it! :shock:
Last edited by E Irizarry R&B Singer on October 24th, 2014, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

zboy1 wrote:The 'manosphere' has changed my life (literally), and awakened the spirit inside me; no longer do I feel hopeless, frustrated and depressed; I now have answers, and have taken steps to achieve my ultimate goal: to get away from the U.S. of Gay.

I thank all those who encouraged me in the past, as well as past and present HA members, along with members of other forums that I'm a part of. If not for my 'awakening,' I shudder to think what I would've become: another mindless American drone...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This +1,000,000,000,000
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 2nd, 2020, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

sfexcellence wrote:Hey,

Well, the number of places in the world that are clean + safe + few scammers and/or gypsies + warm and friendly people are very few, with most of them being too expensive to get to to learn language + meet people + get into the culture, and even if I do go abroad and find heaven, I can only raise $1100/year so going there often would not be an option, I would come back + have re-entry shock like I did before and be torn apart by only being able to access this place 1/1-2 years and having to deal with all of the crap that is here in Canada.

Unless, as success in life is always a team effort, I were to team up with someone to travel and invest overseas, split the costs and both of us benefit, THEN I could have a chance at expatriation. zacb and others, what do you think? And I am open to many places in the world, as long as I have safe and clean accommodations + good income coming in + community.

-Philippines, Panama, Colombia, Bolivia, Belize (English), Mexico, Cambodia, Vietnam, parts of Germany (college paid for), Nicaragua, Malaysia, (English), Peru, among others, but those are relatively cheap, and have decent cultures.

- I don't know how you learn, or what language you want to learn, but I can at the very least vouch for it's Spanish program. Heck, you can even pirate if you are cheap like I am.

-Are you on your own? If you are, that may be a bit steep. But if you can somehow save up captial and invest it in something productive like an oil trust or real estate, you might be able to go abroad at least half the time. For instance, you can live on 6-7 k per year in the Philippines in certain areas. I plan on doing that, but with a different country.

-Also take into account that you don't have to have your business where you live. Look up flag theory and WG Hill.

-I don't know what your schedule is like, but if you can, take out a job just so you can invest and eventually go overseas, even if it is at Walmart (which I took on in addition to my other job). Eventually you will find something that fits your fancy to invest in, and then you can start living life!

I would also suggest you look up WG Hill, Grandpa from Bye Bye Big Brother, Doug Casey, Jeff Berwick, and Nomad Capitalist. All these will encourage you.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

2.5 years ago I was already on my way to Turkey to be out of the rat race in Germany. I needed time to make plans for trips abroad. SEA was on my list very early. 25 years ago I had a colleage from Thailand and I knew already then that it´s a good place to have a great time. With having an internet around 1999 I discovered Stickmanbangkok where I read a lot of stuff which prepared me for my planing.

But it took a lot of time for planing and stuff. HA was so kind to accept my bad english so I had a good chance to better it. Now after reading and writing a lot at HA I am prepared for my move in early november. Of course other sites like roosh forum were also great. In HA I learned that the PI is a very interesting place so I decided to spend greater part of my energy for it.

I think I will probably visit also South America for a longer period as I like their culture. Maybe if I have power left I will work the slavs. :twisted:
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I'm just killing it. Things were kind of bad in my life when I first joined, but I was trying to find a way out. In one perspective, many things in my life have gotten worse over the past two years. However, that just gives me more fuel to escape. I ignore all those bad things. Been to China for two months, now back in American college. About to start work at Disney World Florida next year (for about a year). Then it's finishing college (one semester) and abroad again. Probably Malaysia or China, though I would love to visit Europe just for tourist purposes.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zacb wrote:
How much progress have you made since you started frequenting this forum?

Still looking for initial funding to visit a country?

Splitting time?

Building up your funding mechanism to live abroad?

Finding a love partner? ......

What progress have you made?
Great questions.

SUCCESSES:
Moved out of the US for good.

Functional Spanish.

Living among Mexicans, first working class, now wealthy. Successfully avoided gringo colonies, though I was tempted.

U.S. banking and communications still working for me. Some folks I deal with don't know I Ieft.

Waning romance with US gf heated back up again after I left and she saw FB pics of hot Mexicana friends.

Have good trustworthy helpers coming when I need them.

Locals totally accept me as a real estate agent.

Older ladies invite me for wine, dinner, etc. (They are lively, fun, athletic but not young enough to date.)

FAILURES:
Can't get my friends or more sons to move down.

No live-in gf. Hard to access the virginal young model types I want, and they are rare where I live.

Still dragging my ass on completing Mexican residency and getting roots put down, including local banking.

Telemarketing job I had when I moved down failed to produce money. Long story. Had to bag it.

Just being a writer is too isolating when I don't know anyone locally. It kind of works during the day but damn lonely at night.

There are nice gyms but a long way from anywhere I'd live. A long drive to the gym is really hard to continue after 3 weeks or so

Older ladies are the only ones who want to run or swim or exercise at the beach.

No local-based income yet, I have tried to get real estate brokerage going but no deals so far.

The men seem more guarded, perhaps they feel threatened or clannish. I've met educated English-speaking Mexican men socially, but the friendship seems not to progress.

Met some old gringo men in a high-end trailer colony, funny guys, but all they want to do is sit on the barstool and drink in the afternoon. They don't hit on pretty girls or speak Spanish or make Mexican friends. I think some of them do p4p, not sure.

Met some wealthy barfly gringo couples in another, high-end gringo colony, but they live too far away, isolated from the city, and there are no young honeys to hit on.

It's not as cheap as I'd hoped, crap from China is MORE expensive, local labor is cheap, food is a good deal but not free. Plus I am still paying for US auto insurance, international cellphone, child support, etc.

CONCLUSION SO FAR:
I am basically a spoiled, over-educated big city guy. While my paradise at the beach is good for exercise, "chi energy" and appearances, still there are no walk-to food stands, and utterly no close-by entertainment. I still have thoughts of moving to Bangkok or someplace like that, with a lively street life.

While I am able to exist, I am not able to throw money around, travel easily, etc. I can't for example invite all the neighborhood for beer and asada, to make friends. Or meet a girl online in Mexico City and fly down to meet her on a whim. Living solo on a tight budget is not conducive to meeting Miss Teen Mexico. (I did come close with one, but no "cigar".)

Where I live is a great place to raise children, totally safe, fresh air and clean beach/ocean.

NEXT STEP:
Need to complete residency, increase mobility, and take some trips within Mexico and to other Latin countries, probably Colombia or further south.

Also plan to visit Syria and Lebanon with my sons next summer.

Need to examine my commitment to writing and to real estate and get very successful in one or the other.

Real estate is theoretically more sociable, but I hate working on it alone at home during the day. I like dealmaking but not creating a website, uploading photos, etc. I had the same issue in the US, but in Mexico there is no MLS, you sort of create all your marketing from scratch. Total freedom but no system. Had no plans to do real estate when I came south, but I keep running into opportunities.

Writing is easier to do alone, because it seems like there is an "audience" as you do it. It doesn't feel lonely while doing it.

Of course there is more money in real estate, if you close, but there is more freedom to travel with writing.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."