Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Re: Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Post by hammanta »

Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:sorry i couldn't edit cause my connection is not working so using a proxy.

Im wrong its actually only half percent of the metro manila is foreigner residents according to those stats. You didn't prove anything you actually proved my point. only 28% of the foreigners live in manila with 12 million. So over 70% are living elsewhere. ALot are probably in cebu but cebu is very tiny in comparison so foreigners stick out. Ill be generous and say 50 percent all foreigners live in the "20 million" of metro manila a broader definition than the 12 million in NCR. most foreigners will be in NCR not the outlier areas of metro so 50 percent is generous. That means the other half are elswhere. How many live in cebu with only 1 million? I bet a lot of the other half are going to cebu but cebu is a lot smaller to accomodate them. I bet the percentage is a lot higher than half percent. Less than a half percent are probably foreigner in the whole wider metro manila area. Cebu is definitely more concentrated than that everywhere i go i see koreans and whites. not in manila.

The math and demographics and ancedotal evidence proves my point yet you want to argue based on I dont know why. I figure your one of those guys who wants to keep manila a secret cause you know the favorable demographics.

You dont even live in cebu either i didn't see any foreigners in manila on my visit. Everywhere you go you can see koreans or whites in cebu. Koreans bang filipina women too you know.
Manila is no secret. I've been vocal about touting Luzon people even though most others here seem to highly prefer people in Visayas and/or Mindinao.

I would love to see more HAers in Metro Manila when I'm there. I get tired of hearing so much about Cebu or the provinces. I've said time and time again that I think security and arguably quality of life are better in the top areas of Metro Manila than most of rest of Philippines.

But if you wanna dodge foreigners, then you better head to the grittier parts. Cus plenty reside or at least visit the more internationally livable areas of Metro Manila. Don't believe me. Then just go up and try it out. Welcome if you are real!

Now Davao, that's a place where I really didn't see many westerners. And it's considerably cheaper too, esp. for rent or hotel rooms. But it also does not have nearly the same amenities you get in Metro Manila.
Yea Manila has tons of foreigners, now whether they are living or just on short term vacations I can't say. Go into greenbelt at night and they are everywhere. The malls are filled with them.

Rock quick question,

Have you ever been to Northern Luzon? I'm talking about up towards the Batanes islands and that upper coast? Northern Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, etc. That area seems to be, at least to me, relatively undiscovered. I've never really heard of any individuals going up there. I'd love to try those areas but bus rides are extremely long around those mountainous areas. Also what about Bicol and Eastern Visayas provinces? Any good secret locations you know about?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:one could argue davao as also being a good spot for the fact most guys are scared to go there while being highly populated but I think thats not true cause will n dowd complains about the quality there and when compared to manila is 20 times more populated AND generally hotter women tend to move to big metro areas so are more likely to also be single. Im assuming most of the poor and less hotter women are left in davao. that probably also explains why most of the attractive women Will n dowd winds up with are naive teenagers. The older ones are in manila. Davao is great for unemployed virginal types who are hideous that are so popular among guys like array9 and such. Like pete says 5 and 6's are a waste of time. get quality or stay home.
BSinphilippines, who made you an authority on women in the Philippines? You admitted that you were too scared to approach ladies in a developing nation but now you are starting threads about hot women? :roll: Please show us all a picture of a pretty girl that you met while you were there. You stayed for like 4-5 months right? Didn't you have any success outside of a bar?

The Philippines is probably the easiest place on earth to pull girls between the ages of 18-24 but you preferred to sit in a bar and pay someone to show you some attention :shock:
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

hammanta wrote:
Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:sorry i couldn't edit cause my connection is not working so using a proxy.

Im wrong its actually only half percent of the metro manila is foreigner residents according to those stats. You didn't prove anything you actually proved my point. only 28% of the foreigners live in manila with 12 million. So over 70% are living elsewhere. ALot are probably in cebu but cebu is very tiny in comparison so foreigners stick out. Ill be generous and say 50 percent all foreigners live in the "20 million" of metro manila a broader definition than the 12 million in NCR. most foreigners will be in NCR not the outlier areas of metro so 50 percent is generous. That means the other half are elswhere. How many live in cebu with only 1 million? I bet a lot of the other half are going to cebu but cebu is a lot smaller to accomodate them. I bet the percentage is a lot higher than half percent. Less than a half percent are probably foreigner in the whole wider metro manila area. Cebu is definitely more concentrated than that everywhere i go i see koreans and whites. not in manila.

The math and demographics and ancedotal evidence proves my point yet you want to argue based on I dont know why. I figure your one of those guys who wants to keep manila a secret cause you know the favorable demographics.

You dont even live in cebu either i didn't see any foreigners in manila on my visit. Everywhere you go you can see koreans or whites in cebu. Koreans bang filipina women too you know.
Manila is no secret. I've been vocal about touting Luzon people even though most others here seem to highly prefer people in Visayas and/or Mindinao.

I would love to see more HAers in Metro Manila when I'm there. I get tired of hearing so much about Cebu or the provinces. I've said time and time again that I think security and arguably quality of life are better in the top areas of Metro Manila than most of rest of Philippines.

But if you wanna dodge foreigners, then you better head to the grittier parts. Cus plenty reside or at least visit the more internationally livable areas of Metro Manila. Don't believe me. Then just go up and try it out. Welcome if you are real!

Now Davao, that's a place where I really didn't see many westerners. And it's considerably cheaper too, esp. for rent or hotel rooms. But it also does not have nearly the same amenities you get in Metro Manila.
Yea Manila has tons of foreigners, now whether they are living or just on short term vacations I can't say. Go into greenbelt at night and they are everywhere. The malls are filled with them.

Rock quick question,

Have you ever been to Northern Luzon? I'm talking about up towards the Batanes islands and that upper coast? Northern Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, etc. That area seems to be, at least to me, relatively undiscovered. I've never really heard of any individuals going up there. I'd love to try those areas but bus rides are extremely long around those mountainous areas. Also what about Bicol and Eastern Visayas provinces? Any good secret locations you know about?
I've been to Baguio which I didn't like and further north to lowland province areas up there. I've not been as far north as Vigan in Ilocos Sur but its famous for intact Spanish architecture and structures which are actually rare in Philippines.

When you head north from Metro Manila into Luzon with exception of Angeles City area, you will generally be the only westerner around. Even Baugio which has several universities did not seem to have many westerners but rather more Koreans making up the bulk of small foreign contingent.

Sure, when you go out into the hinterlands, you will notice the odd resident foreigner or tourist. But it's totally different from Metro Manila, Metro Cebu, Boracay, or perhaps a handful of other tourist spots. In the rest of what I've seen of the Philippines, you as a westerner or even Asian foreigner will be a pretty rare site. They've seen the likes of you but maybe just once in awhile when they visit the local SM Mall, etc.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I've been to Baguio which I didn't like and further north to lowland province areas up there. I've not been as far north as Vigan in Ilocos Sur but its famous for intact Spanish architecture and structures which are actually rare in Philippines.

When you head north from Metro Manila into Luzon with exception of Angeles City area, you will generally be the only westerner around. Even Baugio which has several universities did not seem to have many westerners but rather more Koreans making up the bulk of small foreign contingent.

Sure, when you go out into the hinterlands, you will notice the odd resident foreigner or tourist. But it's totally different from Metro Manila, Metro Cebu, Boracay, or perhaps a handful of other tourist spots. In the rest of what I've seen of the Philippines, you as a westerner or even Asian foreigner will be a pretty rare site. They've seen the likes of you but maybe just once in awhile when they visit the local SM Mall, etc.
Yea I figured. I've been as far North as Tarlac City (not very North) but even there I did not see any foreigners. I can't imagine many foreigners having any reason to go farther North than Baguio. I tend to lean to the other side- the less foreigners the better, and want to experience the seldom seen. Perhaps my next trip I will venture there. Only problem tends to be finding suitable accommodation in the smaller towns.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Want to see foreigners in Metro Manila? Head to the bars in Makati, they are EVERYWHERE.

The reason I am in Manila and not Cebu or Davao is because this is my first trip to the Philippines, and I want the fullest experience so I went to the largest city.
The cost of living in Manila is overblown. If you want to live in Makati or the Fort, the foreigner bubbles, of course the cost is going to be high. But if you are willing to live areas with a more "local" scene such as Pasay, Mandaluyong, or Quezon City, then the cost will be comparable to Cebu and Davao. I live very comfortably in a gated condo with a $1000 USD/month budget. It is like $350 rent, $100 utility, $50 phone and wifi. Food is about $3-4 a meal at the mall, the rest of my budget goes toward dates. It is a VERY comfortable living situation in Metro Manila.

Hearing that girls in other parts of PH aren't as attractive as ones in Manila, I think my next trip back would be Manila again, just in a different district (city).
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:What stats are you basing your assumptions on? From the ground up, it seems to me that Manila area has plenty of foreigners, westerners and otherwise. The area Starchild lived in had a very high percentage. Go to Greenbelts 1-5 and tell me there aren't a lot of foreigners here. Or go to Global City. Also, parts of Ortigas has some expats. And Ermita especially around Robinsons Mall area has a lot of the types you see around Robinsons Fuente in Cebu. The building I lived in before probably had more foreigners than locals, especially if you count mainland Chinese residents as foreigners.
It's foolish not to go with Rock on this issue - he lives there and knows the lay of the land. My guess and I'd bet money on it, is that there is a far greater percentage of foreigners living in Metro Manila than anywhere else in the Philippines, with Cebu City metro area 2nd. It's easy to speculate why: they are bigger with more Western style amenities. Manila is home to enough corporations that there are foreigners who work there; that ain't much happening in the provinces.

I think that where the confusion comes in is that the older retiree types (like yours truly) are a bit less likely to live in Manila. They aren't working, and the negatives of a huge city drive them away. The older guys want a place where life is a bit simpler and slower, they want the beach and ocean, and a place where they can meet girls if they are single. If they are married, good chance they will live not too far away from their wife's family.

Depending on where you go in the provinces, you may be one of the few foreigners ever seen. OTOH, if the area has tourist amenities, then there will be more foreigners there. Janet's town has only 15,000 people and is a good 3 hours south of Cebu. Yet because it's a nice dive spot there are a decent amount of foreigners (mostly German) who live there.

As to the idea that Manila has the best look girls - it's hard to speculate. There are stunners but I'd expect that in a metro area of 20 million. One thing for sure is that in order to work the girls in Manila or Cebu will dress and make themselves up well and that certainly can make a girl look more attractive. I think you can find attractive girls everywhere, but Manila should be considered if girls and clubs are your primary interest. I didn't spend much time there but even I managed to...
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

davewe wrote:
Rock wrote:What stats are you basing your assumptions on? From the ground up, it seems to me that Manila area has plenty of foreigners, westerners and otherwise. The area Starchild lived in had a very high percentage. Go to Greenbelts 1-5 and tell me there aren't a lot of foreigners here. Or go to Global City. Also, parts of Ortigas has some expats. And Ermita especially around Robinsons Mall area has a lot of the types you see around Robinsons Fuente in Cebu. The building I lived in before probably had more foreigners than locals, especially if you count mainland Chinese residents as foreigners.
It's foolish not to go with Rock on this issue - he lives there and knows the lay of the land. My guess and I'd bet money on it, is that there is a far greater percentage of foreigners living in Metro Manila than anywhere else in the Philippines, with Cebu City metro area 2nd. It's easy to speculate why: they are bigger with more Western style amenities. Manila is home to enough corporations that there are foreigners who work there; that ain't much happening in the provinces.

I think that where the confusion comes in is that the older retiree types (like yours truly) are a bit less likely to live in Manila. They aren't working, and the negatives of a huge city drive them away. The older guys want a place where life is a bit simpler and slower, they want the beach and ocean, and a place where they can meet girls if they are single. If they are married, good chance they will live not too far away from their wife's family.

Depending on where you go in the provinces, you may be one of the few foreigners ever seen. OTOH, if the area has tourist amenities, then there will be more foreigners there. Janet's town has only 15,000 people and is a good 3 hours south of Cebu. Yet because it's a nice dive spot there are a decent amount of foreigners (mostly German) who live there.

As to the idea that Manila has the best look girls - it's hard to speculate. There are stunners but I'd expect that in a metro area of 20 million. One thing for sure is that in order to work the girls in Manila or Cebu will dress and make themselves up well and that certainly can make a girl look more attractive. I think you can find attractive girls everywhere, but Manila should be considered if girls and clubs are your primary interest. I didn't spend much time there but even I managed to...
manged to what you didnt finish :)

Ancedotal evidence shows no foreigners but I guess one would have to live there to notice its about the same. Yes now that he has show the stats of all areas going by the stats it does look like its about equal If rocks stats are correct showing the other area then use it does look like percentage wise its similiar (35 percent divied by 20 million vs 3 percent divided by 1.2 million) give similiar ratios of foreigners living there vs general population.

I will say though manila will still have better women cause they are more educated and come from affluent areas to send them there compared to cebu,davao, etc. So there is an edge to manila even if the percentage is the same as cebu. But im sure the manila women have a bad attitude so I guess at the end of the day its all equal. :lol:
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on October 24th, 2014, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

MrBlueLight wrote:Want to see foreigners in Metro Manila? Head to the bars in Makati, they are EVERYWHERE.

The reason I am in Manila and not Cebu or Davao is because this is my first trip to the Philippines, and I want the fullest experience so I went to the largest city.
The cost of living in Manila is overblown. If you want to live in Makati or the Fort, the foreigner bubbles, of course the cost is going to be high. But if you are willing to live areas with a more "local" scene such as Pasay, Mandaluyong, or Quezon City, then the cost will be comparable to Cebu and Davao. I live very comfortably in a gated condo with a $1000 USD/month budget. It is like $350 rent, $100 utility, $50 phone and wifi. Food is about $3-4 a meal at the mall, the rest of my budget goes toward dates. It is a VERY comfortable living situation in Metro Manila.

Hearing that girls in other parts of PH aren't as attractive as ones in Manila, I think my next trip back would be Manila again, just in a different district (city).

pasay is near the airport and bus station and is where the mall of asia is and the red light district nearby. Its not a nice place to live cause of that I think. I found hte hotels extremely expensive in pasay city. never been to quezon or mandaluyong. I think someoen would ahve to be far away from the hotspots like that to enjoy manila better. I prefer hotels cause I like to have flexibility of moving around and also i dont want to set up shop and move in and deal with a landlord nad utilties. I had a hotel in cebu and it was a great rate for months. I know i couldn't live that cheap anywhere else. with the bigger traffic and the fact things are spread out more and more expensive it sounds like ill stay away from manila then, the crime is pretty bad there anyways.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
davewe wrote:

Ancedotal evidence shows no foreigners but I guess one would have to live there to notice its about the same. Yes now that he has show the stats of all areas going by the stats it does look like its about equal If rocks stats are correct showing the other area then use it does look like percentage wise its similiar (35 percent divied by 20 million vs 3 percent divided by 1.2 million) give similiar ratios of foreigners living there vs general population.

I will say though manila will still have better women cause they are more educated and come from affluent areas to send them there compared to cebu,davao, etc. So there is an edge to manila even if the percentage is the same as cebu. But im sure the manila women have a bad attitude so I guess at the end of the day its all equal. :lol:
Where do you get 20 million from, are you pulling these numbers out of a hat? Metro Manila did NOT have anywhere close to 20 million people in 2010, only a fraction of that. Your pretty fast and loose with your figures.

Also, Central Visayas is a lot bigger than just Metro Cebu. Central Visays in 2010 had a population of 6.8 mn vs. just 2.6 mn for Metro Cebu. So using the number of foreigners in Central Visayas in your numerator for to estimate foreigner penetration in just Metro Cebu probably understates the true figure quite a bit. Because there is a significant number of foreigners in places like Dumaguette and perhaps Bohol, both of which are contained in Central Visayas region but neither of which is in Metro Cebu. The same error was not made in the calculation for Metro Manila because I had a figure for foreigners residing just there, it was separated out from Central Luzon.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:
davewe wrote:

Where do you get 20 million from, are you pulling these numbers out of a hat? Metro Manila did NOT have anywhere close to 20 million people in 2010, only a fraction of that. Your pretty fast and loose with your figures.

Also, Central Visayas is a lot bigger than just Metro Cebu. Central Visays in 2010 had a population of 6.8 mn vs. just 2.6 mn for Metro Cebu. So using the number of foreigners in Central Visayas in your numerator for to estimate foreigner penetration in just Metro Cebu probably understates the true figure quite a bit. Because there is a significant number of foreigners in places like Dumaguette and perhaps Bohol, both of which are contained in Central Visayas region but neither of which is in Metro Cebu. The same error was not made in the calculation for Metro Manila because I had a figure for foreigners residing just there, it was separated out from Central Luzon.

Metro manila is actualy 25 million if you use the more broader term. For a guy who lives in manila you are completely clueless about population stats there. Your using the NCR version which is the inner core but metro manila is more than that. By the way your 2.6 million figure is off too. It was 2.5 million for the ENTIRE CEBU ISLAND in 2010 which is 70 miles long and has nothing to do with metro cebu which is only cebu city and like 2 to 4 neighboring small cities but lets use both broad terms just to be consistent 25 million vs 2.5 million So about equal. :roll:
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on October 24th, 2014, 9:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MrBlueLight wrote:Want to see foreigners in Metro Manila? Head to the bars in Makati, they are EVERYWHERE.

pasay is near the airport and bus station and is where the mall of asia is and the red light district nearby. Its not a nice place to live cause of that I think. I found hte hotels extremely expensive in pasay city. never been to quezon or mandaluyong. I think someoen would ahve to be far away from the hotspots like that to enjoy manila better. I prefer hotels cause I like to have flexibility of moving around and also i dont want to set up shop and move in and deal with a landlord nad utilties. I had a hotel in cebu and it was a great rate for months. I know i couldn't live that cheap anywhere else. with the bigger traffic and the fact things are spread out more and more expensive it sounds like ill stay away from manila then, the crime is pretty bad there anyways.
Part of Ortigas, a more upscale area with a percentage of foreigners is in Mandaluyong. Also, Mandaluyong borders the very narrow Pasig River on the opposite side of Makati and Rockwell. The huge Tivololi Gardens condo complex there just opposite side from Makati has a significant percentage of foreign residents and Century Properties is well on way to completing a cluster of condos in Mandaluyong right across from Rockwell. Those will be very foreign heavy.

There are several red light districts spread throughout Metro Manila. Some have a lot of foreigners, others not so much.

The idea of going to Metro Manila to escape foreigners resident in Philippines sounds pretty dumb when you analyze it a bit. But I do agree that Metro Manila is going to have a highly disproportionate share of the countries beauties.

If you wanna save money, rent a condo or find something on airbnb. Or, you might be able to find some cheap hotels in certain areas of Quezon such as Quezon City. But you've gotta understand, once you stay in the more ghetto looking areas (and I"m not talking about squatter areas here), your risk of having items snatched or being mugged goes way up.

If you decide to go to Metro Manila for extended stay and you are real (not the fake or troll), PM Mr. S. He's lived in Metro Manila for over 10 years and can give you some very detailed and useful advice.
Last edited by Rock on October 24th, 2014, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:

Part of Ortigas, a more upscale area with a percentage of foreigners is in Mandaluyong. Also, Mandaluyong borders the very narrow Pasig River on the opposite side of Makati and Rockwell. The huge Tivololi Gardens condo complex there just opposite side from Makati has a significant percentage of foreign residents and Century Properties is well on way to completing a cluster of condos in Mandaluyong right across from Rockwell.

There are several red light districts spread throughout Metro Manila. Some have a lot of foreigners, others not so much.

The idea of going to Metro Manila to escape foreigners resident in Philippines sounds pretty dumb when you analyze it a bit. But I do agree that Metro Manila is going to have a highly disproportionate share of the countries beauties.

Ok so basically you agree with me there is a higher disproportionate of beauties. Lets assume that the population of foreigners matches cebu city in regards to percentage which seems to be the case if we just go by the actual numbers. Although its hard to say cause we dont know what the demographics of those foreigners are in those numbers cited. which may be skewed for some specific foreigner demographic. well with the higher caliber of women and women with money and it still looks like a very slight edge to less foreigners in manila compared to population Ive proven my point. I rest my case. :lol:
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on October 24th, 2014, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:

Part of Ortigas, a more upscale area with a percentage of foreigners is in Mandaluyong. Also, Mandaluyong borders the very narrow Pasig River on the opposite side of Makati and Rockwell. The huge Tivololi Gardens condo complex there just opposite side from Makati has a significant percentage of foreign residents and Century Properties is well on way to completing a cluster of condos in Mandaluyong right across from Rockwell. Those will be very foreign heavy.

If you wanna save money, rent a condo or find something on airbnb. Or, you might be able to find some cheap hotels in certain areas of Quezon such as Quezon City. But you've gotta understand, once you stay in the more ghetto looking areas (and I"m not talking about squatter areas here), your risk of having items snatched or being mugged goes way up.

If you decide to go to Metro Manila for extended stay and you are real (not the fake or troll), PM Mr. S. He's lived in Metro Manila for over 10 years and can give you some very detailed and useful advice.

one problem about condos or apartments is i dont want to deal with landlords and all the issues that come with you being a "tourist" and "foreigner". also for me its a security issue its more secure in a hotel cause you blend in and no one is watching when you come and go. Although a condo i would say is safer than apartment for that reason. But another thing is if something goes bad in a hotel you can get up and go or change rooms. you cant do that with a condo cause they know where you live. I know your only dating middle class hot dentist though so you never have to worry. :roll: :lol:

If the percent is similiar though in the end Id rather avoid manila even if there is a slight advantage to the looks due to the high crime and sheer size and expenses though.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

I did extensive research on the area I want to live in months before I even set foot in Manila. Once I got there, I physically inspected all the units carefully before I settled in one that I liked the best. I also brought a local with me (one of the girls) for "price negotiation". The pros and cons of condos vs hotel are the same everywhere you go. With all the trouble one has to go through to find a nice condo, the reward is that you save lots of money. Then again, I am not a tourist so I am okay with staying away from the price inflated foreigner hot spots. Not everyone is willing to do the same.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

MrBlueLight wrote:I did extensive research on the area I want to live in months before I even set foot in Manila. Once I got there, I physically inspected all the units carefully before I settled in one that I liked the best. I also brought a local with me (one of the girls) for "price negotiation". The pros and cons of condos vs hotel are the same everywhere you go. With all the trouble one has to go through to find a nice condo, the reward is that you save lots of money. Then again, I am not a tourist so I am okay with staying away from the price inflated foreigner hot spots. Not everyone is willing to do the same.

Did you find any hotels in manila that have low priced long term rates? How secure is your condo? I would hate to have an issue witha neighbor or one of said girls. Much safer in a hotel where you can flee and also dont have to worry about utilities but its not really ideal for long term I cooked in my hotel they never knew :lol: