Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Re: Manila it seems is where most of the hot women are

Post by Mr S »

droid wrote:Lol. Your posts are the most insightful, spam-free on this subject. Thanks.
I hate spam and advertisements, just give me the facts and I'll be on my way. If only our modern society was that way. Global consumerism has turned every fact gathering mission into a circus/carnival of endless huckster game booths and lame shows behind the curtain, oversold and over hyped...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:
droid wrote:MrS > (1.3 x Rock) > (50 x MBL)
So pardon my mathematical ignorance but it was never one of my stronger subjects, how is this translated to English vernacular? :lol:
The way I read it is that you are above 30% more valuable than I am while I, in turn, am 50 times more valuable than MBL on the subject of Manila area.

When it comes to Metro Manila, you da man!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:Look it's like that in a lot of countries, especially undeveloped, emerging, and developing countries - the hottest women from everywhere flock to the largest city and/or capital city. Think about it. Which places have the highest density of well paying jobs, best schools and medical facilities, wealthy and rich people, educated and middle classes, cosmopolitan types, modeling opportunities, chances to be a kept woman, etc.? If a country woman is blessed to be in the top 1-5% looks wise in her village, she's gonna be very tempted to hit the big city to see what she can get out of life.

A few examples of where you see a disproportionate percentage of attractive, very attractive, and hot women relative to averages in general population:
Philippines - Metro Manila
Kenya - Nairobi
Brazil - Sao Paolo and Rio
Thailand - Bangkok
China - Shanghai, Beijing
Colombia - Bogota, Medellin

Of course you need to choose the right areas within these urban areas because they also attract some of the worst elements. Generally, mega cities attract high percentages of the most extreme elements of a population.
This stuff may be obvious to guys who are long-term travelers, but an important statement of fact to the rest of us.

+1
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

newlifeinphilippines wrote: I now believe if you want a woman in philippines go to manila and dont settle for less. The dredges of society are left in cebu and the province.
The question is, at what AGE do girls migrate to The Big City?

Where are they in school? Finished, dropped out, what?

How do you find them before they leave?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:Look it's like that in a lot of countries, especially undeveloped, emerging, and developing countries - the hottest women from everywhere flock to the largest city and/or capital city. Think about it. Which places have the highest density of well paying jobs, best schools and medical facilities, wealthy and rich people, educated and middle classes, cosmopolitan types, modeling opportunities, chances to be a kept woman, etc.? If a country woman is blessed to be in the top 1-5% looks wise in her village, she's gonna be very tempted to hit the big city to see what she can get out of life.

A few examples of where you see a disproportionate percentage of attractive, very attractive, and hot women relative to averages in general population:
Kenya - Nairobi
Thailand - Bangkok

Of course you need to choose the right areas within these urban areas because they also attract some of the worst elements. Generally, mega cities attract high percentages of the most extreme elements of a population.
This stuff may be obvious to guys who are long-term travelers, but an important statement of fact to the rest of us.

+1
Rock, I agree with this 100% but many of these girls are a lot "harder" than the province girls. I always felt the Manila girls were much more hard core players than girls else where in the Philippines. Rock, how do you find them?

Jester, they come there right after high school or college.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Mr S wrote:I have been living in Metro Manila for over 10 years now. It has it good and bad parts about it. It's all mainly personal perspective and what one wants out of a place. I think the quality of life is overrated in Metro Manila but at the same time it provides many things other parts of the Philippines can't so its a mixed bag. The biggest problems I have with Manila area is the traffic/commute time and pollution. Those are my biggest gripes. Next on my list would be lack of decent nightlife options in comparison to other major cities in Asia. Considering the size of Manila it should be more happening, but its not. If your single and like to party you'll get bored fairly quickly in comparison to say a place like Bangkok.

Yeah, the best looking girls congregate to Metro Manila but that doesn't mean the city is teeming with hot girls everywhere, you still have to look for them and they are still few and far between in comparison to the average or uglies running around. However if you live in Makati, Ft Bonifacio, parts of Alabang/Quezon City or Ortigas area business districts and regularly frequent those areas, those places seem to have the best chance to spot the above average looking woman, besides going to areas and places of ill repute and whatnot.

There are a lot of foreigners here but you don't notice them as much cause Manila is so large and also they tend to stay to the easier to commute areas of Manila such as Makati or Malate areas. There still aren't as many then maybe in other Asian cities of equal size but they are noticeable if you live here.

Personally I find central Visayans to have a more independent and creative streak in them than I find in Luzon or Mindanao, maybe other than Baguio area where a lot of what would be called hippyish Filipinos like to live. It's more the central and 'parts' of Northern Luzon that sucks rather than the southern parts. Native Tagalog (Central) and Ilocano (Northern) Filipinos tend to be the biggest dick heads or Assholes in proportion to other cultural Dialect speaking Filipinos from other areas of the Philippines. Tagalog is a forced language because they partnered with the Spanish back in the day so became the elite of the Philippines next to the Spaniards so thus got to impose their will and culture upon other Filipinos whether it was welcomed or not. Those two dialect speakers think they are superior to other Filipinos. Illocano area is where Marcos originally came from if that gives you an idea. GMA comes from the Pampanga area.

Manila is best enjoyed in short doses rather than extended stays. If you have to live near Manila its best to live in one of the surrounding provinces just outside the metro like Batangas, Pampanga, Olongopo, Tagaytay which allows you to be outside the city limits but within a 2-3 hr bus ride into the city if you want to go there occasionally.

I have to live in Manila area for business and personal reasons but would prefer not too if I could help it. Living here long term wears your health down and its a tiring city, it sucks your energy reserves dry. You have to be well grounded and be able to reenergize in your own ways to live here long term without some part of you being damaged whether that's physical, mental or spiritual. I've adapted but have to admit most Westerners would not be able to live here as long as I have without losing their sanity in some way. Also, I think Manila is a lot better experienced being single and unattached than having a long time GF or being married with a family. The negatives are much more bearable when you can live a carefree single lifestyle with little responsibility other than to yourself. It's when you have to settle down in one area and deal with all the other BS the city throws at you and the way you reenergized when single by going out and getting laid regularly by different chicks isn't available anymore, then you have to figure out other ways to make it worth your time and energy wasted dealing with the typical city issues.

You can sign short term leases at condos if you want to avoid staying in hotels. You can save money that way but you obviously have to do your own research and make contacts. It's easier now with the internet but when I first arrived in 2003 they were still running mostly dial up so you had to physically run around the city trying to find a place.

Philippines is roughly 10-20 years behind the times in comparison to other countries who are more industrialized. I don't count the number of malls, condos, international chain stores and how easy it is to buy a certain brand cell phone, tablet or computer as innovative quality of life progress. Most things are an illusion here once you see through the superficiality of it all. Thi is why many older expats like Philippines cause they don't need to adapt to lifestyle changes. Basically the Philippines is in a time warp somewhere stuck in the 80's, just moving on to the early 90's if you compare how things are run and done here in comparison to how things were done in the states during the same time. Shopping is basically like how it was in the 80's, including the registers. Nothing much has changed in this country in regards to quality of life other than building more shopping malls, fast food chains, more international chain stores, condos and the highway being extended past Pampanga and Cavite. Everything else is pretty much just remained shit and the same. I left the states in 03 and had the same DSL speed as what the phone companies are currently offering NOW in 2014. I had to deal with dial up and intermittent DSL under 1Mbps up until maybe 2011/12 time frame. Right now I am lucky on a good day to get 1.5mbps even though my plan is supposed to be 3mbps. They offer up to 10 now but its a waste of money cause they never deliver that speed regularly anyways, plus its not worth the price they charge unless you absolutely need it for business purposes and even then you better be in Makati or Ortigas or you probably will just be throwing your money down a hole. It's actually better to sign up for a 2 Mbps plan from Globe and PLDT and then just use one or the other depending on which one is working or not at the time. Rather than buying 1 plan of 5mbps and having not work half the time or the speed is shit even though its supposed to be fast. Don't even get me talking about the portable WIFI USB sticks, they are portable dial up modems from the 90's basically, ha ha.

All and all, Manila is still a better place to live than most American cities IMO as long as you can leave every once in a while to recharge. If your stuck there all the time you'll go crazy after a while. However if you could live elsewhere in Asia and prefer a more happening city that actually progresses rather than regresses then I would check out other cities in Asia like Bangkok, Jakarta, etc. Obviously they have their issues too but Manila ain't all that really, other than you can get by speaking only English for the most part, many lower class Filipinos still cowtow to white people if you get off on that and many lower socio-economic women are easy to get dates and sex from. The infrastructure and pollution are the worst parts about the city. Remember in this country everything is made to look like it has substance to it, but it's basically smoke and mirrors. Most things have little substance to them here and quality and attention to detail is severely lacking. This extends to cultural elements as well so be aware when dating cause its a common theme that continues to crop up when hanging around most Filipinos. Filipinos are over emotional too so if you say the wrong thing and they misinterpret it, which often happens, better watch out and have some complicated explaining to do. All show, no substance that's the mantra of the wise here. You heard it here first straight from someone that actually talks the talk and does the walk here in PI.

Internet was a big issue for me. I work online so used the hotel but when it went down i had to use the Globe WIFI stick (i use the big one not the small one) its actually the same speed as the hotel but both were around 1meg give or take which is not great for someone who needs fast speed. I need fast speed cause i do a lot of tasks quickly and its just sluggish to me. That on top i had a old laptop cause i didn't want to buy a new one cause i wasn't sure how much traveling i would do in future. Its nice to be back home with a bigger monitor and a much faster reliable internet can do my work with ease. This was center of cebu city so i doubt most places in manila would be better either in that regard.

The idea of signing a lease in philippines freaks me out. Id rather stay in a budget hotel and if i couldn't find one reasonable id just find an apartment with security that didn't require a lease or some other b.s they have like a year of postdated checks.

I think from what I can tell life is probably better in vietnam at least the women are hotter. But i can't stay there long term cause of the oppressive ogvernment there in religion and on women. That leaves only indonesia and thailand. thailand is getting more difficult to stay long term and with the language issues to top it off its not any better than phil. Indonesia is restrictive on visas so they are off the list. Im thinking the best is to be a roaming nomad. stay in different countries. I have online work and maybe when i get close to retirement i can sort of be on the move. I was doing that for a while anyways I been to phil 4 times in 2 years and 2 of those times were 6 months stays so it was like i was living in america and phil simultaneously.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

newlifeinphilippines, thanks for posting this post from Mr S. He's a goldmine of information and a realist. Never any bullshit, just fact! :D
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

I suppose the population argument is not particularly important (it's the biggest by far so who cares what the exact population is), but it seems pretty damn crowded for only 2.5 million.

"Metro Manila is the most populous of the 12 defined metropolitan areas in the Philippines and the 11th most populous in the world. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 11,855,975, equivalent to 13% of the national population.[2] The sum of total population of provinces with a density above 700 people per square kilometer (more than double the national average) in a contiguous zone with Metro Manila is 25.5 million people as of the 2007 census. One way to refer to the conurbation around Metro Manila is Greater Manila Area, Metro Manila itself is compact, constituting 1/4 of Davao City's land area."

The point still is whatever the total, it's got lots of girls :)
Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:

are we even sure the demographics of these residents are the same? In cebu i see lots of whites and koreans? Why is it that I didnt see any foreigners at mall of asia, the red light district, multiple hotels, etc. There were really nowhere to be seen. seemed more sparse than cebu where i can easily see if not any whites i could at least count on a bunch of koreans anywhere.

Im glad were analyzing this with numbers. Now I know to avoid manila cause there is more foreigners than what it appears.

Metro Cebu had 2.55 mn residents in 2010. Look it up and stop pulling numbers out of your hat. (Edit: looks like your corrected yourself on that one and deleted your claim that Metro Cebu had only 1 mn+ residents. Finally you seem to be getting it)

What is 'the red light district'?

In metro Manila I would see lots of whites, Koreans, and middle easterners.

More foreigners than what it appears? It appears to me to be an awful lot when I walk around Makati. But I like that. Wherever you have concentrations of westerners and/or Koreans, there's great chance that you will have better restaurant, shopping, and general infrastructure in the area as well as more security.

Non-foreigner areas in Metro Manila are gonna mostly be ghetto. So if you wanna avoid them, stick to some of the better quality hinterlands.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

WorldTraveler wrote:
Jester wrote:

Kenya - Nairobi
Thailand - Bangkok

+1
Rock, I agree with this 100% but many of these girls are a lot "harder" than the province girls. I always felt the Manila girls were much more hard core players than girls else where in the Philippines. Rock, how do you find them?

Jester, they come there right after high school or college.
All any one expat is is a collection of anecdotes, first hand and perhaps some second and third hand via observation or through stories told by buddies and acquaintances. Of course some guys are a lot more active than others so can offer up more personal data points. Much of what is experienced too depends on the particular guy, his attitude, approach. appearance, etc.

So from my perspective, girls in Manila area are not necessarily harder. Cus you got the whole gambit. You can find girls representing about every region and city of the Philippines here and some are fairly new. So you've got it all here. Furthermore, I find some native Makati and other Metro Manila people to be easier to relate to for me personally. Because my own tendency is to form a bond starting from conversation and the mind. It seems easier to find well educated as well as more independent or unique types here and I naturally get along well with a lot of these types. I also get the sense that Metro Manila people (and perhaps a lot of Luzon/Tagalog people in general) are more direct and straightforward while Cebuanos and Visayans may hide their true nature more. And I seem to get less weird treatment as a foreigner in Metro Manila than I do on various other parts of the country (save of course the foreign heavy tourist zones).

Yes, Metro Manila has it's share of players which some guys seem to like. Just read some of mguy's stuff lol. But even the players here seem a lot more benign than their counterparts in say Thailand. But there also seems to be plenty of middle class girls who still desire a monogamous relation with a serious guy. If you find one you like who is attractive, don't hesitate too much though. Cus I'm sure other guys will gun for her too. Supply demand in Metro Manila is still more favorable to men than it seems to be anywhere in NE Asia plus SP and Thailand. As Mr. S mentioned, Philippines including Metro Manila might be like a kinda time warp back to late 80s/early 90s. When it comes to attitude of women, that can't be a bad thing.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Why are all the guys in metro manila single then? Mguy, rock, Mr S., a few others here. Some have been living there for years and bounce from one to the next. Either these g uys are players or they became too picky. :lol:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Why are all the guys in metro manila single then? Mguy, rock, Mr S., a few others here. Some have been living there for years and bounce from one to the next. Either these g uys are players or they became too picky. :lol:
I'm not single.

Mr. S is focusing on raising his FilAm daughter till she reaches a certain age (he told me that).

Mguy had a local gf but after relocating to Metro Manila longer term, decided she was not as great as he initially thought (I think the way he explained it is that his looks standards went up after escaping USA environment and being here long term or that's what I recall anyway). He doesn't post here anymore. Perhaps he has a new gf now, who knows.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Why are all the guys in metro manila single then? Mguy, rock, Mr S., a few others here. Some have been living there for years and bounce from one to the next. Either these g uys are players or they became too picky. :lol:
I'm not single.

Mr. S is focusing on raising his FilAm daughter till she reaches a certain age (he told me that).

Mguy had a local gf but after relocating to Metro Manila longer term, decided she was not as great as he initially thought (I think the way he explained it is that his looks standards went up after escaping USA environment and being here long term or that's what I recall anyway). He doesn't post here anymore. Perhaps he has a new gf now, who knows.

From what Mr. S seems to imply the women are so bad there they are not even worth a relationship.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Rock wrote:
I'm not single.

From what Mr. S seems to imply the women are so bad there they are not even worth a relationship.
The women in PI are neither considered bad or good, they are females thus are predispositioned to the typical problems that occur with the female gender anywhere in the world. Just because you are overseas in a particular country doesn't mean the women are naturally better than in other parts of the world, there just may be more AVAILABLE women to go on dates with or experiment with the GF status that are half way decent looking and generally have better attitudes in comparison to in the West where its a giant sausage fest competing for the same small number of women who look good and aren't mentally and emotionally deranged. To be successful anywhere with women you have to live in a particular country for at least 3-6 months or more. One needs to meet and date lots of women to weed out the troubled ones and other issues. That could take weeks, months or even years. It also depends on your own personality and what you are looking for which could determine the ease or difficulty of it all. They need to be convinced you can offer them something in return via a relationship with emotional, financial and physical security. This is what women generally want out of life and a man, thus troubled men with issues probably won't be successful finding decent quality women, only maybe the lower end ones. There is no place in the world where women are supposedly perfect. You have to actually go out there and find the perfect one yourself that you feel you can be compatible with.

I think the men that find a successful internet marriage and make it work are extremely lucky and I don't think its the norm in regards to relationship success. I would never feel comfortable socializing with an overseas women and promising this and that without physically being around here for a while. Bringing a girl over to ones own country without being around them in person long and just talking over the internet is potential trouble. Even being around them for a good span of time in their own country is not a long term guarantee of relationship success. Even if I was entirely single with no commitments in my life, I don't know if I'd be finding it easy to find a decent girl to date or be my GF. I'm picky regardless, but as I get older I just don't want to deal with all the BS mental and emotional issues and baggage so many women have. I've seen it ruin men and I had to fend it off too as well cause my daughters mother is a mental and emotional case so I'm very reluctant to get into serious relationships with women even though everything going on around me might be going perfect.

Other guys may not have the same personality quarks or experiences so may not be as picky with who they choose as female companions. I've experimented with all kinds of women from all different kinds of cultures. It's just not worth the hassle being with one that where you have to change your behavior to get along with them. Too many women try to change men and I've seen many men go along with the program. Doesn't matter which country they come from. Women are women. If you aren't a strong independent thinking man who knows himself and only chooses to change by his own logic, then it doesn't matter where you find a women, in the West or East, she will give you problems and you as a man will be lesser than when you first met her. Never get involved with women just for their looks and putang, that will not last and will be the beginning of your downfall. If you can tolerate her for three to five days straight at your place 24 hrs and she doesn't start driving you crazy then maybe you can consider dating her long term. If you decide to become GF/BF you have to monitor her attitude towards housework, cooking, doing things, etc. Also monitor her weight/physical appearance. If she starts putting on serious pounds or doesn't look as good as when you met her then she may be one of those women who once they get comfortable get lazy. Its important to introduce any GF to healthy living and eating. If they don't want to change their diet, exercise and things like that, that's a red flag cause once she starts hitting her 30's and she is lazy she will get fat/flabby. So just a few words of the wise here, doesn't matter what she looks like in her 20's, its what she will look like in her 30's, 40's, 50's and up to keep any long term relationship viable. It's hard to stay in shape when your older, especially if she has kids. Do you think the average Filipina or Asian for that matter is dedicated enough to look good for her man when her body starts telling her now she is old (30+), getting flabby so now just live with it?

This is why women in their late 20's or early 30's who are hot and in shape due to a healthy lifestyle and are emotionally, mentally mature and stable may be better picks in the long run than some 18-21 yr old just coming off the assembly line not knowing anything about life. There is no idea how she will deal with life once she matures and experiences the reality of difficulties. I'm not a stickler for age, but rather lifestyle and frame of mind regarding reality.

That's my 2 cents of wisdom.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

great post Mr. s. Also those dating site success stories often are exaggerated. For example Ned on philippine dreams on youtube his girl looks like a MAID so big deal for him. yet he touts himself as so successful int hat department. its a well known fact the maids are keepers in asia LOL im more impressed by the members who get a girl who isn't a hoe or gold digger that is attractive.

and i think it takes a while also. Thats why i never really looked for the hardcore cream of the crop cause i knew i would be there for a few months and thats not enough time to even have the patience looking for a wife. I dont know how these guys go wife hunting on such limited time.

when i met my gf i knew after 1 day that maybe i rushed things. The only girl that absolutely took my breath away even to this day was my bargirl. but you know how they are so that wasn't gonna last forever.

I have noticed also that most filipinas dont believe in excercise or eating healthy. They just let age catch up to them. only the hoes care about maintaining looks till they catch their bait lol
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I have noticed also that most filipinas dont believe in excercise or eating healthy. They just let age catch up to them. only the hoes care about maintaining looks till they catch their bait lol
I mentioned this in another post. This is very evident in a lot of developing countries. Why exercise and lose important calories when you are naturally skinny and don't eat that much to begin with? Plus gym memberships, at least in Manila are crazy expensive. I think, compared to much of the West, Filipinos eat relatively healthy outside of the cities. Seafood, fish, fruits, mixed with lower portions are staples of filipino society.

Just like a man, a women looks good with a moderate amount of muscle. Running and eating right simply isn't enough for most women unless they are genetically gifted. They tend to end up looking like flat chested sticks. They need to have a good strength and muscle based program to put the curves in the right places. The problem with the Philippines is that knowledge of good workout routines is pretty non-existent. A good filipina will do what you ask as long as your aren't a complete A-hole about it. If you can bring her to the gym and get her eating right, her naturally high metabolism can lead to a wonderful figure and of course help the aging process. Then again it takes you knowing what to do as well.