Couples who meet online are 3 times more likely to divorce

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Couples who meet online are 3 times more likely to divorce

Post by jamesbond »

Couples who meet online are less likely to get married, and those who do are more likely to get separated or divorced, a new study says.

Researchers from Michigan State University surveyed 2,923 U.S. couples. Of those who met online, 32% were married, compared to 67% of those who met in person.

Surveyed again two years later, 8% of the married couples who met online had separated or divorced, compared to 2% of the couples who met elsewhere.

The unwed couples who met online were also more likely to have split up (32% compared to 23%).

The study's authors offer a possible explanation for the findings.

They argue online dating provides individuals with too many options, so they find it difficult to commit to one dating partner.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/26/co ... to-divorce

This is further proof that online dating is a complete waste of time! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 17th, 2020, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Couples who meet online are 3 times more likely to divor

Post by Taco »

Most people go online to hook up not to find a marriage partner. That's why the success rate for marriages is low.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

what taco said but also its cause the women tend to be the drudges of society
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:what taco said but also its cause the women tend to be the drudges of society
Good point.

The best woman in western countries don't advertise themselves on dating sites because they don't need to which means the women no one wants are what's available. Your more likely to find a smokin hot women with no "issues" on dating sites in third world countries where the numbers of rich guys are few or Russia where all the men are dead by age 50 from drinking.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Taco wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:what taco said but also its cause the women tend to be the drudges of society
Good point.

The best woman in western countries don't advertise themselves on dating sites because they don't need to which means the women no one wants are what's available. Your more likely to find a smokin hot women with no "issues" on dating sites in third world countries where the numbers of rich guys are few or Russia where all the men are dead by age 50 from drinking.
more likely but even in abroad often its the girls with limited options. I think people are right day game is the best but unfortunately its a lot of work and when you factor in teh plane flight and expenses of staying the last thing people want to do is day game all day
Vendri
Freshman Poster

Post by Vendri »

Murican women are garbage anyway, regardless of meeting online or in person. I'd like to see a study similar to this, but on International Couples who met online, with the Man living in the Woman's country. Having one with the Woman living in the Man's country would probably have Bad results also (Foreign women living in America with American husband does not end well).

Marriage with Murican women or Americanized Foreign women, creating a prior bond Online or In Person, is a Disaster waiting to happen, which is why I will not even Bother considering any Romance with an American woman. Foreign women, and living in a Foreign country with her is always the way to go in the present-day Marxist, Feminist West.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Taco wrote:
Good point.

Exactly. The women who must advertise are the ones who you'd never want. Why would a woman have to advertise? (I don't think men should advertise either.) Especially in the USA and Canada which is a woman's paradise. If a woman has to advertise when they already have it so good in a society, what does that say about that woman?

There is no reason to participate in online dating with American women. Not unless you like jumping into a sea filled with vipers.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Vendri wrote:Murican women are garbage anyway, regardless of meeting online or in person. I'd like to see a study similar to this, but on International Couples who met online, with the Man living in the Woman's country. Having one with the Woman living in the Man's country would probably have Bad results also (Foreign women living in America with American husband does not end well).

Marriage with Murican women or Americanized Foreign women, creating a prior bond Online or In Person, is a Disaster waiting to happen, which is why I will not even Bother considering any Romance with an American woman. Foreign women, and living in a Foreign country with her is always the way to go in the present-day Marxist, Feminist West.
Let me ask you something. Let's say the most beautiful woman of your dreams offered herself to you. She is sweet, feminine and every characteristic that you want, except for one thing: She's American. Otherwise she ticks every box on your list.

Do you ignore her?

This is a hypothetical question, so please do not say, "Irrelevant because such doesn't exist."
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

jamesbond wrote: This is further proof that online dating is a complete waste of time!
Well, this article is more or less about online dating of people within US/Canada.

I don't read anything about international dating, which makes it possible to meet people you cannot meet otherwise.
For the first contact internet is very useful - of course after you have to get on an airplane and check it out yourself.
Vendri
Freshman Poster

Post by Vendri »

Adama wrote:
Vendri wrote:Murican women are garbage anyway, regardless of meeting online or in person. I'd like to see a study similar to this, but on International Couples who met online, with the Man living in the Woman's country. Having one with the Woman living in the Man's country would probably have Bad results also (Foreign women living in America with American husband does not end well).

Let me ask you something. Let's say the most beautiful woman of your dreams offered herself to you. She is sweet, feminine and every characteristic that you want, except for one thing: She's American. Otherwise she ticks every box on your list.

Do you ignore her?

This is a hypothetical question, so please do not say, "Irrelevant because such doesn't exist."

Those Few are too small in number in America, and personally, even if one of these Few fell right into my lap, I would not even risk it in a "Culture" that rampantly promotes Promiscuity, Divorce, Infidelity, Matriarchy, etc in the Garbage Media and society as a whole. So, Yes, I would Ignore her.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Vendri wrote:
Adama wrote:

Do you ignore her?

Those Few are too small in number in America, and personally, even if one of these Few fell right into my lap, I would not even risk it in a "Culture" that rampantly promotes Promiscuity, Divorce, Infidelity, Matriarchy, etc in the Garbage Media and society as a whole. So, Yes, I would Ignore her.
^^This is the real problem with the west. We have a culture that encourages unconstrained self gratification. If you eat too many fattening foods, you get fat. If you have too much sex with too many partners, you have to deal with the psychological consequences. Everything has a negative feedback loop.

We used to shame poor behavior because shaming is a non-coercive, non-violent way to promote healthy societal standards. However, nowadays the act of shaming is shamed, because we have valued preserving our fragile feelings over facing inconvenient realities.