Having lots of luck in Mexico... much better now!!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Having lots of luck in Mexico... all BAD.

Post by droid »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
manly5000 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Yep and ill continue to be safe than live in delusion. :lol:
The only delusion is you and your nonsense. Mexico "the most dangerous country in the world" LOL and you've spent precisely how much time here? I forgot that HA has been overrun by trolls... I should have known better than to post jack sh!t on this forum.
With your your arrogance and foul mouth and your obsession to latin america you're just suffering from self white hate and entitlement. Thats why the women dont like you there they can see what your all about. They know your one of those self white hating liberals with an arrogant attitude that wants an easy lay from a skank in the bar.
You're really going sicko now. Why troll him like this and even call him a self hating white for his choices, it's stupid. Especially coming from you, of all people.
That Californiasylum water is already having an effect on you.

I can't fathom how you can miss out so much on life out of outright fear, It's unbelievable.
It's better for the rest of us though.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

manly5000 wrote:Well guys I decided to do something completely spontaneous -- I struck up a conversation with the girl sitting next to me on the bus and long story short I now have a date tonight. Imagine that LOL.

LOL at me and LOL at this thread. Looks like I've got my night planned, gents... don't wait up! 8)
+5000
It all sounded like you were in too much of a rush. It's great to see you have carried on man.
If I may say with all due respect, have you appeared as a ´sweaty´backpacker or have you tried to establish more permanently in an appartment and dressed better etc? From what I remember you were taking a minimalistic approach, but that may not work well.
Best of luck!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ed congratulations on 4 weeks of being on the loose. Thank you for an outstandingly honest OP and this one as well. \

I have apologized offline, but let me apologize again here publicly for being unable to meet up with you in Ensensada and Guadalajara. I doubt my presence would have changed your results...... but it might have dulled the sting of rejection to have a wing-man with you.

BTW you are so polite and pleasant in person, it was amusing to see your candor in this thread. Keep it up!!!!!
+1

In any case, yes, I think its hard to get a woman in Mexico than in the U.S. I still don't see any hope of having a normal family or a normal marriage in the US, so Mexico STILL wins.

And like another poster on this thread-was it Green, or Steve55, I forget -- yes Brazil should be a great fit for you.

No limits, though. That backpack can go anywhere!!

manly5000 wrote:Hi all,

I've been abroad for almost a month now and I thought I'd drop in and leave a report, of sorts.

I'm in Mexico and will be going to Brazil in 3 weeks. As far as the traveling and exploration of a new country goes, I'm having a great time, seeing lots of neat sights, and having lots of time to think and reflect on who I am and where my life is headed.

As far as the women go, however, things couldn't be worse. I've experienced nothing but misery trying to interact with them, and I've been to many different cities across the country. Guadalajara, Ensenada, Puerto Vallarta, and Oaxaca. Soon to come, San Cristobal and Mexico City.

After spending almost a month in Mexico, I am saddened and rather shocked to report that they, believe it or not, seem to be WORSE than American females. This summarizes my experiences and observations over the last 3.5 weeks:

My experiences so far with Mexican Women:

- Ensenada - a woman in her late 40s that I hit it off with at a dance club. She initially showed interest in me, danced really close and intimately, and then refused to hang out with me in downtown the next day. Claimed that she had a "mental block" that would make her feel like we were in a relationship, whatever that means. Proceeded to flake out and block all my attempts to escalate.
- Guadalajara - 2 younger girls dancing cumbia with me, making a bit of small talk in a loud club. After trying my best to socialize with them, I danced with one and as soon as the song was over, she rushed to another guy in the club to dance, leaving me in the dust.
- Puerto Vallarta - The lady that was renting her apartment to me brought one of her friends along to go salsa dancing with me. We all hung out, and I seemed to hit it off really well with her, and we danced very close and intimate at the salsa club. Afterwards she kept me at a great distance and went completely cold. This lady was divorced and had children, her age approximately late 30s to early 40s and she blew me off.
- Puerto Vallarta again - 4 young drunk girls were hanging all over me during a bus ride. One specifically was sitting next to me, putting her arm around me and making small talk, and finally put her head on my shoulder and fell asleep, much to the enjoyment and giggles of her friends. When the bus ride was over they had no interest in associating with me further or hanging out. Just random drunken skank bullsh!t.
- Guadalajara take 2 - Went to Chapultepec Avenue which is the big "party destination" in the city. Was disappointed as there were only a few bars there, but stumbled upon a dance club that played electro-house music. I went down there and danced my a** off, and the only fleeting "interest" I got from a female was one that was with another guy, yet had been looking at me all night at the bar. When I was on the floor killing it with my dancing, she briefly approached me, but stayed at a distance. After a literal 5 seconds of looking at me she turned around and walked away, never to be seen again. Other girls came and went all night but absolutely NONE of them showed interest in me or my dancing.
- Oaxaca - The lady I'm renting a room from has a 21 year old daughter that came to visit for "Dia de las muertas" week/weekend. We seemed to hit it off and get along really well, and she wanted me to come out to Centro with her friends tonight, Friday night (Halloween). However, when the time came to go and I was all dressed and ready, her mom told me she had already left. Faking interest and blowing me off. Just the icing on the cake to all that is my experience with Mexican females.

General observations:

- Right away I noticed that Mexican females will not make eye contact, and in fact walk around with the same pissed off look on their faces that Ameriskanks do
- If any of them do make eye contact, roughly only one in 30 will smile. The rest look away even though i have a happy, pleasant look on my face
- Some are friendly when you try to talk to them but most are rather snobby and appear to have no interest in making conversation or getting to know you. Even the friendly ones appear to be in a hurry to go and make no attempt to converse further.
- Lots of mexican dudes seem to like me and think I'm cool. However, despite all I ever read about people in Latin America being gung-ho about setting people up with their friends, cousins, sister, etc etc etc, nobody has shown any interest in doing such a thing for me. The whole thing seems to be one big lie.

Oh and as far as Latin American Cupid goes, it has been completely worthless. 9/10 of my emails have gone unanswered, and the ones that get a reply turn out to be from a chick who is as flaky as any I've ever seen. I paid for gold membership so I could try to get the ball rolling with these latina females, but it has been absolutely worthless up to this point.

So there's my report. It's not a real trip report per se, so I'm posting it in General. I don't know if Brazil will turn out to be any different, but my one saving grace there is that I have a friend/contact in Rio that wants to introduce me to women. I honestly don't know what to expect though because I expected Mexico to be completely different than it turned out to be.

I will be in Brazil for 3 months and I'm seriously tempted to break it up with a trip to the Philippines for a month or so... with what I"ve seen in Mexico, I'm thinking that the PI might be my only real chance to find what I'm looking for. I thought I had a lot more going for me, but apparently I don't. I'm every bit as invisible to Mexicanas as I am to Ameriskanks, if not more. At least in America I could get girls if I really tried.

If Mexico has been this awful, maybe Brazil won't be any better and maybe the Philippines is my only hope. I really don't know anymore.

I wish I could forget women entirely and completely go MGTOW/Ghost. Maybe that's the only answer. However, that is an extremely tough pill to swallow since I really want my own family and kids.

Anyway I'm a bit disappointed and a bit drunk, so there's my rant. Looking forward to any comments and input you guys have to offer.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Well chaps, it's 7am on Monday morning and she just left. Y'all can figure out the rest... :mrgreen:

I'm planning on swinging back through Oaxaca this weekend on my way to Mexico City so we can spend a couple more days together before I jet off to Rio.

Droid - thanks for the support brah. I dress pretty well and don't have the "sweaty backpacker" thing going on. I do have long hair but keep it back in a ponytail all the time and stay clean-shaven so that combined with my clothing choices, I don't strike people as a backpacker. You're right about me being a bit rushed and impatient but things make much more sense now so... onward I go!

Jester - Thanks brother! Yeah I can get a bit ornery sometimes when I get trolled... lol. Was great skyping with ya last night before my date and the idea you mentioned sounds rock solid, keep me posted with that. Who knows where me or my backpack might wind up next!

Well I'm a bit worn out so I'm going to catch a few more z's before packing up and heading to Chiapas... lol! 8)
Out in the world living the dream!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Mexican women aren't that outgoing to strangers. But if you live here the opportunities are unlimited. The short-term gringos looking for easy sex are quickly disappointed and don't come back. I consider this a major advantage. Yes, go to the Philippines.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

MrPeabody wrote:Mexican women aren't that outgoing to strangers. But if you live here the opportunities are unlimited. The short-term gringos looking for easy sex are quickly disappointed and don't come back. I consider this a major advantage. Yes, go to the Philippines.
Well I personally am not looking for easy sex, i'm looking for a place that I would want to live long-term where I know the women would be much friendlier, feminine, and more approachable than the USA, so that I would have no problem finding a quality girl for a lifelong relationship. That being said I agree that it is an advantage if the nature of Mexico and Mexican women discourages sex tourism.

Can you describe the differences and how women and people in general respond to you once you do throw down roots here and live long-term?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

manly5000 wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:Mexican women aren't that outgoing to strangers. But if you live here the opportunities are unlimited. The short-term gringos looking for easy sex are quickly disappointed and don't come back. I consider this a major advantage. Yes, go to the Philippines.
Well I personally am not looking for easy sex, i'm looking for a place that I would want to live long-term where I know the women would be much friendlier, feminine, and more approachable than the USA, so that I would have no problem finding a quality girl for a lifelong relationship. That being said I agree that it is an advantage if the nature of Mexico and Mexican women discourages sex tourism.

Can you describe the differences and how women and people in general respond to you once you do throw down roots here and live long-term?
I am curious as to your physical appearance and age. I know you mentioned you dress well and can dance but what are your physical traits such as age and looks? I was curious as to what your situation is merely on a superficial level.

Reason I am asking is because I am planning on making a trip to Mexico sometime early next year. I am a decent looking 25 year old, average height, but in great shape, and an extrovert in nature. I do decently well with Mexican/Hispanic Americans and some FOBs and speak a little Spanish.

I think I will have a slight advantage than some being that I will most likely have a free place to stay and a few Mexican/Hispanic American friends coming with me to bridge the gap and translate if I need it.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

hammanta wrote:I am curious as to your physical appearance and age. I know you mentioned you dress well and can dance but what are your physical traits such as age and looks? I was curious as to what your situation is merely on a superficial level.

Reason I am asking is because I am planning on making a trip to Mexico sometime early next year. I am a decent looking 25 year old, average height, but in great shape, and an extrovert in nature. I do decently well with Mexican/Hispanic Americans and some FOBs and speak a little Spanish.

I think I will have a slight advantage than some being that I will most likely have a free place to stay and a few Mexican/Hispanic American friends coming with me to bridge the gap and translate if I need it.
I'm 6 feet tall and 38 years old, but people (especially here in Mexico) seem to think I'm roughly 10 years younger and are surprised when I tell them. I'm pretty lean and muscular, was seriously into bodybuilding up until I left on my adventure but due to the nature of constant traveling and dietary changes I've lost a decent amount of size. Once I settle somewhere more long-term I'll be able to dive back into bb'ing.

In general I'm a decent looking dude and I too am an extrovert, especially once I've made the initial connection with someone. Sounds like you'll have some advantages working in your favor. How long you staying for?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

manly5000 wrote:
hammanta wrote:I am curious as to your physical appearance and age. I know you mentioned you dress well and can dance but what are your physical traits such as age and looks? I was curious as to what your situation is merely on a superficial level.

I'm 6 feet tall and 38 years old, but people (especially here in Mexico) seem to think I'm roughly 10 years younger and are surprised when I tell them. I'm pretty lean and muscular, was seriously into bodybuilding up until I left on my adventure but due to the nature of constant traveling and dietary changes I've lost a decent amount of size. Once I settle somewhere more long-term I'll be able to dive back into bb'ing.

In general I'm a decent looking dude and I too am an extrovert, especially once I've made the initial connection with someone. Sounds like you'll have some advantages working in your favor. How long you staying for?
Gotcha. Yea I ran into the opposite side in Asia. They thought I was 35-40 haha, but that is because I'm a powerlifter and am a lot more muscular than the average male population there. Plus I can grow a mean neck beard :lol:

Anyways, I haven't decided the length of the stay. Prob not long, 10 days at tops as I'm still trying to hit up Asia again by the end of next year.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

hammanta wrote:Gotcha. Yea I ran into the opposite side in Asia. They thought I was 35-40 haha, but that is because I'm a powerlifter and am a lot more muscular than the average male population there. Plus I can grow a mean neck beard :lol:

Anyways, I haven't decided the length of the stay. Prob not long, 10 days at tops as I'm still trying to hit up Asia again by the end of next year.
Haha... yeah some gnarly facial hair could add a few years to the appearance. Well with your setup you should have a great time in Mexico however long you stay!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Mexico - and the rest of Latin America - isn't for everyone. Rock has said that Colombia and Brazil are great places, but they're not for everybody. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have such a great time, but that's the way the world is. Rock said that it was easier for him to get intimate with women in Taiwan than in Latin America, but for me it's the complete opposite. Different people get different results.

I don't think it's just luck. It's that Mexico just doesn't fit you that well. Mexico fits some guys like me and AmericanInMexico perfectly, but not for others.

I had a great time in Mexico and was popular with many of the local women, all of whom I've met through everyday interactions OUTSIDE clubs. It's really easy to make friends and meet people in Mexico for me.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Philippines vs. Mexico

Post by Falcon »

Philippines vs. Mexico

I'm a young Asian-American guy who can speak the local languages in both Mexico and the Philippines. I did the same things in both countries: go to the villages, interact with locals in everyday life, make friends with lots of guys, get interested in the local culture, and so on.
Overall, I felt I didn't get much attention in Latin America, but I DID get LOTS of attention (giggles and stares lol) from the women in the Philippines . Don't miss out on the Phils, they are the most friendly people in the world.
I'll be honest here. Race and age do matter. I've been all over both the Philippines and Mexico, and the Philippines definitely hasn't been exponentially better for me than Mexico was, contrary to what Steve and some other guys have reported. Why is that?

Young Asian guy vs. middle-aged white guy in the Philippines: Not enough middle-aged white guys for the Filipinas
Young Asian guy vs. middle-aged white guy in Mexico: Not enough young Asian guys for the Mexicanas

Overall, the rate at which I got attention and interest from women in the Philippines might be somewhat higher than in Mexico, but not by that much. If I had to rate it on a 1-10 scale, I might put the Philippines at 9 and Mexico at 7. But it's by no means night and day.

Just hanging out and chatting around the centro of Oaxaca City, I was able to meet so many friendly ladies who were actually quite interested in me. At a town plaza in the Visayas, I also got one girl interested me, but I didn't have quite as much fun and attention in that town as I did in Oaxaca City.
I got a marriage proposal in a village in Veracruz, Mexico, and I also got the same thing in the rural Visayas. I also got giggles and smiles from girls at a store in a Philippines village, which I would get in Guatemala too.

As for reports of Latin America being harder to pick up women than in the US, thanks for being candid.
manly5000: After spending almost a month in Mexico, I am saddened and rather shocked to report that they, believe it or not, seem to be WORSE than American females.
steve55: when I was in Peru I did not have any better luck being able to meet women at bars and clubs than in America. In fact, it may have been even harder.
However, I did far, far better with everyday women in Mexico than in the US. Exponentially better. That doesn't make me better or worse than any of you other guys. It's just that we have different backgrounds and personalities that can lead to drastically different results.

And, it's not just about the women of course. Local culture comes first. I don't go around constantly looking for women on purpose. I enjoy those places because they're culturally and historically interesting places.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Well like I mentioned a few posts up I just didn't know what I was doing and was approaching it all wrong, not to mention being impatient -- things are going MUCH MUCH better now and will be going even better once I get to Brazil next week, where I have a cute 21-year old girl anxiously waiting to spend time with me. 8) When I created this thread I was a bit drunk and being a bit pissy... lol. Wish I could just nuke this entire thread because it is no longer accurate.

Thanks for your input anyway Falcon!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

manly5000 wrote: When I created this thread I was a bit drunk and being a bit pissy... lol.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

manly5000 wrote:Oh and on another note -- I feel like a complete loser going out to bars, clubs, and restaurants by myself here. I remember reading people say in the past that in other countries, if you are alone, people will go out of their way to interact with you and welcome you into their groups. From what I've experienced first hand though, that is complete BULLSH!T.

I'm every bit as alone in public in Mexico as I was in America. Everybody ignores me and treats me like a leper. It's all one big crock of sh!t.
Your original report on Mexico was very good and helpful. Anyone can write fictional bullshit. A real man states the truth and improves from there.

Can you please give us some back ground info? how old, how do you look? Thanks.

I'm eager to read the rest of your thread. :D