Very interesting collection of quotes on America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Even though some of these quotes ring true, for be it for an Aussie to hurl these when that country is worse in many respects.

I've twice been to Australia and I would never want to live there. It is a country devoid of the deep cultural history that most Anglosphere countries outside the UK toil under.

Further, much of what is quoted is also true of Australia. It is a country that came into being through invasion and subjugation. It is a country full of adventurous profiteers, and it is a country not known for producing world class intellectuals.

Visceral anti-Americanism is borne of the same collectivist nonsense as anti-semitism. Blame the other so that you can evade scrutiny.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Even though some of these quotes ring true, for be it for an Aussie to hurl these when that country is worse in many respects.

I've twice been to Australia and I would never want to live there. It is a country devoid of the deep cultural history that most Anglosphere countries outside the UK toil under.

Further, much of what is quoted is also true of Australia. It is a country that came into being through invasion and subjugation. It is a country full of adventurous profiteers, and it is a country not known for producing world class intellectuals.

Visceral anti-Americanism is borne of the same collectivist nonsense as anti-semitism. Blame the other so that you can evade scrutiny.
Those lying Semites (the semites who are Ashkenazi and not related to Arabs or Semites at all), will eventually have a lot to answer for when the world wakes up to what has been done at the hands of those who claim we should shriech at Anti semitism.