25 yr old disenfranchised male

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Strictlyformy
Freshman Poster

25 yr old disenfranchised male

Post by Strictlyformy »

Hi board,

I've been lurking for a month or so and wanted to share my story and ask for advice.

A little about me: 24 year old American college graduate, worthless degree, hopping job-to-job. I've been a hard worker in a fairly lucrative industry and I've saved pretty decently: I'm probably worth $40k total including my paid-up car and assets.

My dating life has been awful. I've been called extremely good looking by most females, I compete in NPC (bodybuilding without the steroids), and I generally consider myself a friendly and funny dude, but I no longer have the desire to jump through all the hoops of American dating and relationships. I've been burnt pretty badly with traditional wine-and-dine dating culture, but I also feel scummy taking part in pump-and-dump dating.

My friendships from my past life have been eradicated and making new friends has been impossible for me. My childhood male friends all lost to drugs or jail. My university male friends lost to corporations and the pursuit of wage-slavery. My family pops in and out of my life, but for all intensive purposes I don't have a supportive, caring family to speak of. I live in an entirely different region of the country from where I grew up and became accustomed to. For now, I can scrape by with a working-class existence in America but I'm not stupid-I see where this country is headed economically, socially, morally, and I want no part of the future of it. I have no particular attachment to the American way of life and I've decided to plan my exit strategy.

My heritage is Italian and I'm almost dead-set on obtaining my citizenship and repatriating there, but I'd consider other places in Europe. I generally have no long term interest living in Asia. Although I'm completely miserable/suicidal in my day-to-day life, I want to stick it out in America until i can build a $75k-$100k safety net. Before I jump ship my goals are:

-Build $75-$100k liquid
-Learn Italian or whatever foreign language I'm moving to fluently
-Obtain a TEFL to keep myself afloat
-Figure out a plan to prepare myself for a middle class existence in my new homeland

Does anyone have advice/success stories on moving to Europe and sustaining themselves? Being young, I have a huge fear of being stuck across the continent with no money and job prospects. I'm aware that I can live in SEA for dirt-cheap, but the full-on MGTOW lifestyle isn't appealing to me YET. I'm in a little bit of a catch-22 when it comes to building my safety net because I am suicidal day-to-day. My plan when I get to Europe is to basically start my life over-get a degree in something I enjoy, build a friendship circle, find a woman for long-term.

I'd really appreciate general advice from the forum!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: 25 yr old disenfranchised male

Post by Wolfeye »

Me & you are in a suprisingly similar situation. First, you might be able to get citizenship through your Italian heritage- did you know that? And if you DO get it (citizenship in any EU country, I mean), you can live/work/retire in any country in the EU? Doing some stuff toward that might dilute that suicidal feeling you've been having. Same with learning languages (I have a book The Quick & Dirty Guide to Learning Languages Fast- it's a good one, since it gives you a means to get the basic stuff that you use to learn the more advanced stuff down quickly). As advice, I'd suggest you at least make some headway on learning an Asian language (Chinese, specifically)- since that would probably be VERY interesting over there. Not as good as learning the language of that area, of course- but I remember an article about some kids in Portugal are learning Chinese in school! If you were to learn Italian & a language that's distant from Italian (ex: Russian, Czech, Finnish, Romanian, etc...), that would probably be real helpful- as you can sort of hack your way through Spanish or French with Italian (I'd just be sure to explain that you know it's not the same language, but that's what you have to work with).

I'd think 40K is enough if you don't live too large. If you speak languages, you might find it easier to find a job. It seems that they're willing to hire & train someone, even if they don't have experience. I just ordered a book by Fernando Aguirre that's about relocating (it hasn't come in, yet). His first one was really good, so I expect the second to be at least useful. Actually found out about it on this site & it seems there's a section on suggested books & such.

As for being suicidal: There's been times where people have been found dead in the desert with full canteens- they were saving it for later & took it too far. Don't make the same mistake & off yourself because you don't have enough of a safety net. The pursuit of that safety net, if not the net itself, would become a noose.

If it's weighing on you that much at 40K, maybe you should just get going with that- since you'll probably be severely depressed by 75K, much less 100K. If it's literally as bad as you're saying, you might end yourself by then. Don't know how fast money stacks up for you, though. Just try to "hone" your money (meaning like if you were to be sharpening a knife in the outdoors: you don't let it get all the way to dull, you just run the fine sharpener across it a few times when it starts to drag). Keep it so you have a decent amount of fallback money.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Strictlyformy wrote:My heritage is Italian and I'm almost dead-set on obtaining my citizenship and repatriating there, but I'd consider other places in Europe. I generally have no long term interest living in Asia. Although I'm completely miserable/suicidal in my day-to-day life, I want to stick it out in America until i can build a $75k-$100k safety net. Before I jump ship my goals are:

-Build $75-$100k liquid
-Learn Italian or whatever foreign language I'm moving to fluently
-Obtain a TEFL to keep myself afloat
-Figure out a plan to prepare myself for a middle class existence in my new homeland

Does anyone have advice/success stories on moving to Europe and sustaining themselves? Being young, I have a huge fear of being stuck across the continent with no money and job prospects. I'm aware that I can live in SEA for dirt-cheap, but the full-on MGTOW lifestyle isn't appealing to me YET. I'm in a little bit of a catch-22 when it comes to building my safety net because I am suicidal day-to-day. My plan when I get to Europe is to basically start my life over-get a degree in something I enjoy, build a friendship circle, find a woman for long-term.

I'd really appreciate general advice from the forum!
I'm also of Italian descent and want to acquire Italian citizenship. It would cost me around $10,000 (at the high end), although if the dollar continues to gain strength it may be as low as $6,750.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2020, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strictlyformy
Freshman Poster

Post by Strictlyformy »

Thank you all for the responses. I am aware of getting Italian citizenship, but digging up records of my great-grandfather is just as hard as I'd imagine. I'm also worried about the general state of the economy over there as well as the state of women. Last thing I want to do is go through the entire process just to find out it is similar to the US.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Try Ancestry.com for the records & it seems the women vary- maybe try less "touristy" places. I've heard that they can be a lot like the American women (not worried about looks, getting along with their partner, bothering with the house, knowing how to cook, etc...), but Italy-centric instead of Amero-centric. I'd think you might need to go for the south of Italy or up north where people don't tend to go as tourist destinations. Not sure, but that's what it seems like.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Well then you need to read eurobrats thread on Italy, where he rips Italy to shreds and then goes on an Aspurgers rage on one of the members....

viewtopic.php?t=23909
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

The wrote:Well then you need to read eurobrats thread on Italy, where he rips Italy to shreds and then goes on an Aspurgers rage on one of the members....

viewtopic.php?t=23909
LOL eurobrat is a weirdo. He thinks he can get laid in italy and its all sunshine. :roll:
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
The wrote:Well then you need to read eurobrats thread on Italy, where he rips Italy to shreds and then goes on an Aspurgers rage on one of the members....

viewtopic.php?t=23909
LOL eurobrat is a weirdo. He thinks he can get laid in italy and its all sunshine. :roll:
Whats even more weird is that eurobrat trashed publicduende to pieces and publicduende who was defending himself was threatened to be banned....but eurobrat, who I like by the way, no warning whatsoever....

Meanwhile, Ill give a sharp critique of Tsar and he can call me a nigger, but Im threatened to be banned? See how that works?!?!!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LifestyleServiceAgency
Freshman Poster

Post by LifestyleServiceAgency »

Hi Strictlyformy,

Consider:
▪ Becoming a location independent polymath, digital nomad, and/or knowledge worker
▪ Quitting social media to help with unplugging from The Matrix
Unschooling, self-study and/or free education opportunities
▪ Selling off physical possessions and living more simply
▪ Healing spiritually with meditation, yoga, shamanism, virtue, altruism, etc.
∞ ♥ ☼
Truth + Love + Light
Lifestyle Service Agency
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hey StrictlyFormy, just wondering: how did you come up with the figure $75K to $100K? That seems like way more than you need, especially if you have a TEFL job lined up. I was thinking of making a break for it when I have $20K.