Droid´s South America report (Ecuador + Colombia)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Droid´s SouthAmerica report (Ecuador + Colombia)

Post by WorldTraveler »

droid wrote:
publicduende wrote:
droid wrote:I'll be done in about a month and then head back to the chump-zone for about a month, to finish my china prepping and other pending stuff, and then head to Guangzhou. This is quite the crossroads lol, I wish I had three more lifetimes.
You're quite the traveller, Droid, well done you. If it ever crossed my mind to (erroneously) bundle you in the same camp as Cornfed and Ghost, I am eating that idea back, raw with no salt and pepper.
If you have time in Colombia, make sure you visit a couple of tier-2 cities. Pereira or Bucaramanga, or Santa Marta up north in the Caribe.
Hey that's very moving duende, also sorry I've been so cynical in the past.
I'll definitely try 'perreira' lol I want to see if it's as good as they say. Also medellin has me really intrigued. Although I hate short stints in cities, as they don't let you relly build anything up longer term.
I'm a bit saddened these last few days since one builds such high expectations and hopes things will happen instantly, but being three days here, three days there sucks. Well, I take that back, they have happened instantly, I should've have some convertion rate with the girls that eye-f me so far. it's just that i still feel that I'd be transgressing, like Winston says (I know, MAN UP!). (By the way, I am fluent in the language).
Any how I'll take anything women want to give me if its p4p, dating, or marriage it's all good, I don't think its mutually exclusive. I'll probably do some p4p later on to loosen up, relieve the blue balls and take it from there.

Right now I'm in 'guayaquil´, but it's quite different to quito. I wouldn't really reccomend it, in HA terms, as ALL the women are overweight, with a tire for a waist unfortunatelly. And being on the whiter-end does't help me, as they haven't locked eyes with me much at all or been nice, so it's kind of mutual. This place works perhaps for E.Irrizary, who will hit just about anything Lol, but i can't bring myself to do that (otherwise i'd be ok in the states).
I'll spend one more day in quito and then I'm off.
Ghost wrote:Thanks for the post, droid. How attainable do you think the white women of Ecuador would be for a foreigner? Did they seem just as feminine and sweet as the brown/caramel women? Did they seem like they would be easy to talk to?
They are non-tat'd and well-mannered, and femininely dressed for the most part, which has enormous value. I don't think they would micro-judge you or that other crap we're used to. But breaking into the cliques might take a bit of time.
They seem a bit aloof but keep in mind I was mostly in the malls, which always suck. I tried to go to some bars but couldn't make it (long story).
Like I was saying, there's quite the caste-system here, and whiter girls are at the well-off end, so you'd need a bit of money to impress them or keep their lifestyle going. Not necessarrily being a millionare, but being able to provide an off-the-lot car and some housing I guess. But I think you could get in return a pretty decent, functional family and in-shape wife (unlike in the chump-zone). I personally don't have a problem with 'hypergamy', I can provide as long as I get some value back.
Again, you'd probably have to invest some decent time building something like this.
Also, even though there is a caste thing going on, being whiter doesn't provide exotic value necessarilly; yes you are called "my lord" (1700's stuff) by servants etc, but that's about it. Not trying to pop any bubble but I'd say this is a long-term place. Definitely worth checking it out though.
Droid,I want to make a suggestion how to get things moving so you don't just have to talk about girls looking at you. First, you are in a foreign country, they know you are a foreigner. You said you speak Spanish. Any girl that you like her looks ask her where some location is: the pharmacy, the grocery store, that famous site, anything. This will give you a chance to talk to dozens of girls in a short period of time. Just ask any question. The ones that are looking at you, especially ask them something. Ask them do they go to college nearby. Where is the best ice cream anything. Don't wonder if Ecuador is a good place or not. Prove it. I'm telling to do this as a friend and because I know it works. Good luck!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

[quayaquil]That's not how I remember it. I went to a disco/club there and it was full of 8+ women. Many of them looked like models.
Yeah they told me those come out of hiding in those venues, but otherwise it was pretty bad. I could not manage to go out to clubs, everything was quick and my friend had some personal problems. I can't explain in detail.
It's really tempting to cancel my asia trip and just outright stay in this area, but i wouldn't forgive myself later on, that's why I said it's a crossroads.

Droid what is the purpose of this trip.
To look for long term living, p4p, or sightsee, or for fun?
It seems like you are confused what you want exactly in this trip.
Maybe you should have hit up the dating sites before your trip so you would have a lady friend help you build comfort into the host country.
Like I said, anything I can get is good, I just came from the frickin' desert into some oasis; or put another way, I was drowning and now taking some breath. I'm getting more comfortable now as it's been a week, but like I said going from place to place doesn't help. It's all good though, I don't mean to come out as if things were bad.

Droid,I want to make a suggestion how to get things moving so you don't just have to talk about girls looking at you. First, you are in a foreign country, they know you are a foreigner. You said you speak Spanish. Any girl that you like her looks ask her where some location is: the pharmacy, the grocery store, that famous site, anything. This will give you a chance to talk to dozens of girls in a short period of time. Just ask any question. The ones that are looking at you, especially ask them something. Ask them do they go to college nearby. Where is the best ice cream anything. Don't wonder if Ecuador is a good place or not. Prove it. I'm telling to do
You are absolutely right, it's just a matter of loosening up and just blurting it out. But understand, like I was saying in the states that kind of stuff is not that welcome (as we've covered to death), so it takes time to realize you won't be snubbed as a 'creep'. It's a f***ing trauma.

My (married) friend is a local here and talked to a lady that was with her 17 and 18yo nieces (purely friendly stuff) on a tourist site, and we hung out for about a couple hours. They were real nice and down to earth and I didn't get the 'creep' vibe whatsoever.
It's a whole different universe here. It's easy to make them laugh and they do put effort in the converstaion.
And at the end we hugged and the girls asked if they could find me in FB or what not. I know i probably sound immature or juvenile with this crap but again, I'm just taking a fresh breath of oxygen now.
In this sense, I kind of take back what i said the other day about not being able to relate to younger women here, it's probably doable. Sorry to flip-flop like this.

Another thing I just must mention -please bear with me- is that some group of senior year students from Peru came to the tourist place we were hanging out and had like a mini-senior prom or something (sexy music though). That jailbait has nothing to envy to what you see in Americhump, but without the haughtiness/trashy-ness. Some of them even looked asian (being inca-based or whatnot), really hot stuff. And I swear to God a couple of them were checking me out. DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT HIT ON THAT, OK? LOL. I'll probably get hammered for this paragraph but I know some guys might want to know this.

Overall it's been a great seven days. Things should evolve in the coming weeks.
I've got my shutterfly account now, hopefully I'll be able to post pics soon.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

You are absolutely right, it's just a matter of loosening up and just blurting it out. But understand, like I was saying in the states that kind of stuff is not that welcome (as we've covered to death), so it takes time to realize you won't be snubbed as a 'creep'. It's a f***ing trauma.

My (married) friend is a local here and talked to a lady that was with her 17 and 18yo nieces (purely friendly stuff) on a tourist site, and we hung out for about a couple hours. They were real nice and down to earth and I didn't get the 'creep' vibe whatsoever.
It's a whole different universe here. It's easy to make them laugh and they do put effort in the converstaion.
And at the end we hugged and the girls asked if they could find me in FB or what not. I know i probably sound immature or juvenile with this crap but again, I'm just taking a fresh breath of oxygen now.
In this sense, I kind of take back what i said the other day about not being able to relate to younger women here, it's probably doable. Sorry to flip-flop like this.

Another thing I just must mention -please bear with me- is that some group of senior year students from Peru came to the tourist place we were hanging out and had like a mini-senior prom or something (sexy music though). That jailbait has nothing to envy to what you see in Americhump, but without the haughtiness/trashy-ness. Some of them even looked asian (being inca-based or whatnot), really hot stuff. And I swear to God a couple of them were checking me out. DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT HIT ON THAT, OK? LOL. I'll probably get hammered for this paragraph but I know some guys might want to know this.

Overall it's been a great seven days. Things should evolve in the coming weeks.
I've got my shutterfly account now, hopefully I'll be able to post pics soon.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I understand completely how you feel. It's tough at first getting away from the mindset that you will get rejected with every chick you walk up to. But man you gotta dig deep and just say screw it. Trust me, there's no bigger regret than coming back from an awesome trip and having some what ifs. I'm not sure how old you are but if you have time check out couch surfing events in the area you are in. I mention age because it tends to be better for the younger crowd (35 and below). Not always foreigners on there and they usually have some cool events going on. Plus you get to meet a ton of people, usually locals.

Anyways nice trip report and have fun. Looking forward to the pics.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Ecuador...Interesting!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Hi all, I've spent a bit less than a week in Bogota and so far the results aren't huge. Just decided on a quick update before posting pics.
Girls here are kind of fugly (lots of "5"s) and there is a percentage of frowning.
I mean it still beats FL by miles, since at least I don't have to see swarms of senior ladies or tat'd up dudes. But it does not compare to Quito.

I did go to some p4p to blow some steam but the only few cute girls were from medellin (or at least they said so). The one I went with was pretty hot and pleasing, probably the best x I've had. Unbelievable.

I've gone to a few clubs but it seems there are cliques of people that know each other already, a noticeable surplus of chumps, and some dont-mess-with-me girls-night-outs (climbing into a taxi, I think we all know that picture).
Also, my local dude-friends are kind of broke so I'm yet to go to upper-scale places, but I'm told those are full of snobs and that it's a waste of time.
I had kind of a break-down since, in the past, I've always ended up with a group of dude-friends going home empty handed, and that kind of repeated here; I've always been in the wrong circles.
I must mention though that you do see quite a few ugly dudes with better looking ladies, so it all points out to it being a time+circle thing. And that good things are doable.

Now some friends are hooking me up wit a 38yo lady for tomorrow. I'll try everything once, but it's kind of depressing that I've busted ass for so long professionally, have some dough, I'm not totally monster-looking (as you'll see), and yet I get pushed to "settle". :roll:

Anyhow, as always, it'll be completely up to me. I've talked to a few 7-8 girls on the bus/store (aka "daygame" lol) and they've been friendly and you can make them laugh, but like i hinted, it seems it would take some more time to build some circle to actually get somewhere. Again, not even close to the instant receptiveness I got in china.

At last though I will go to some second tier cities soon; hopefully there'll be some better ratios etc.
Cheers for now.

PS: I'll leave you with a picture of a quito stweardess (i'll spare you my face for now), pretty hot (the 2D picture does not make her justice), yet super refined and humble (which is the actual point here).
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4cf3 ... /ry%3D400/
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

droid wrote:I did go to some p4p to blow some steam but the only few cute girls were from medellin (or at least they said so). The one I went with was pretty hot and pleasing, probably the best x I've had. Unbelievable.
You pay for sex? :lol:
Guts Over Fear
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

droid wrote:Hi all, I've spent a bit less than a week in Bogota and so far the results aren't huge. Just decided on a quick update before posting pics.
Girls here are kind of fugly (lots of "5"s) and there is a percentage of frowning.
I mean it still beats FL by miles, since at least I don't have to see swarms of senior ladies or tat'd up dudes. But it does not compare to Quito.

I did go to some p4p to blow some steam but the only few cute girls were from medellin (or at least they said so). The one I went with was pretty hot and pleasing, probably the best x I've had. Unbelievable.

I've gone to a few clubs but it seems there are cliques of people that know each other already, a noticeable surplus of chumps, and some dont-mess-with-me girls-night-outs (climbing into a taxi, I think we all know that picture).
Also, my local dude-friends are kind of broke so I'm yet to go to upper-scale places, but I'm told those are full of snobs and that it's a waste of time.
I had kind of a break-down since, in the past, I've always ended up with a group of dude-friends going home empty handed, and that kind of repeated here; I've always been in the wrong circles.
I must mention though that you do see quite a few ugly dudes with better looking ladies, so it all points out to it being a time+circle thing. And that good things are doable.

Now some friends are hooking me up wit a 38yo lady for tomorrow. I'll try everything once, but it's kind of depressing that I've busted a** for so long professionally, have some dough, I'm not totally monster-looking (as you'll see), and yet I get pushed to "settle". :roll:

Anyhow, as always, it'll be completely up to me. I've talked to a few 7-8 girls on the bus/store (aka "daygame" lol) and they've been friendly and you can make them laugh, but like i hinted, it seems it would take some more time to build some circle to actually get somewhere. Again, not even close to the instant receptiveness I got in china.

At last though I will go to some second tier cities soon; hopefully there'll be some better ratios etc.
Cheers for now.

PS: I'll leave you with a picture of a quito stweardess (i'll spare you my face for now), pretty hot (the 2D picture does not make her justice), yet super refined and humble (which is the actual point here).
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4cf3 ... /ry%3D400/
You stopped being a p.ussy and you got some. Nice. And PAG, shut up. He's making his way.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Is your long term plan to live there or bring a wife back? If not just do p4p if you have to no use going most of your trip with blue balls. And this 38 year old might not give it up and if she doesn't do p4p on the side. If she does give it up congrats she is hotter than what most guys are getting in the PI.

Interesting notes about China. Im starting to suspect that China might be a good place to monger despite what ghost and some others have said. Although im sure the chinese women are slow to put out too which may be frustrating.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

No, i'll be here for a month only, but i'll visit other cities too, I just have to get the curiosity about this whole place out of my system.
So far this city has presented pretty much only conceited ´5´s. It´s cold ad rainy and and i´m bored to death.
Only worth it if you have to stay medium-long term for bussiness or something, as you might find some gem. otherwise save your money.

It´s not all about whether someone puts out easy IMO but the whole interaction and attention. that's why if i just need to nut i do it the practical way.
The 38yo was busy ´arranging a party for her son' :roll: so nothing happened and I´m ot gonna push it. If i´m to be shamed by people into this kind of arrangement i might as well do it in america. My friends also said "she´s been with some douchebags", AS IF THAT ADDED SOME F*KING VALUE :shock:
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

droid wrote:No, i'll be here for a month only, but i'll visit other cities too, I just have to get the curiosity about this whole place out of my system.
So far this city has presented pretty much only conceited ´5´s. It´s cold ad rainy and and i´m bored to death.
Only worth it if you have to stay medium-long term for bussiness or something, otherwise save your money.

It´s not all about whether someone puts out easy IMO but the whole interaction and attention. that's why if i just need to nut i do it the practical way.
The 38yo was busy ´arranging a party for her son' :roll: so nothing happened and I´m ot gonna push it. If i´m to be shamed by people into this kind of arrangement i might as well do it in america. My friends also said "she´s been with some douchebags", AS IF THAT ADDED SOME F*KING VALUE :shock:
Did you get lucky in china? Seems like if it works dont change anything, meaning you should have gone back to China. But maybe you found the women too reserved and naive in china?

A girl that hot who has kids and is single has issues to begin with. But I think you just want a bang anyways. But you may fall in love. She might be doing you a favor by being busy you dont want to fall in love with a girl like that lol

I heard ecuqdor is a popular retirment place. Could it be the attitude of the women cause there is a lot of retired americans and all the "bad or receptive women to foreigners" are already taken? did you see foreigners at any touristy places?

One month isn't enough even if your not doing any sightseeing and strictly looking for a girlfriend. 1 month is just an adjustment and enough time to do some sightseeing with a tourist guide type woman.

You know youd get the same results pretty much anywhere in the world if your only going for 1 month. That should be reserved for p4p or vacation girlfriends/tourist guides ONLY. Why do you think that stuff is so popular cause most guys realize its a waste trying to look for a multi year girlfriend when your just there for a few weeks or months. Even a 6 month stay for me is not serious cause i know i will go back home so its still vacation girlfriend mode for me.

You could just sit back in your hotel and date women or get a instant vacation girlfriend and stay in one location but you have to be there for like 3 to 6 months to really settle in cause youll be adjusting to the country and have your daily tasks. If you have a online job which you do like me it takes even longer cause you have daily work to attend to. After doing that in the past its getting a bit stale and i think im better off just making the trips shorter or staying on the move and doing more sightseeing and less on sitting in my hotel room. But a long stay can be good I think to get you comfortable cause otherwise your just in vacation mode if you rush around. Depends on what you want. Short stay = fun and p4p and tourist guide women. A few months stay = wife hunting, multi year girlfriends OR multi month vacation girlfriend.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I did not "bang" in china but women were giving me tons of attention and I had a date setup for the last day of my week-long trip. unfortunately work got extended and could not make it. Can't wait to go back.
I also flew ANA on the way back to a tokio stop and was awe struck by japanese women. Hot-yet.super-refined, i'm curious as to the complains some people have about them.
newlifeinphilippines wrote: I heard ecuqdor is a popular retirment place. Could it be the attitude of the women cause there is a lot of retired americans and all the "bad or receptive women to foreigners" are already taken? did you see foreigners at any touristy places?
You´reconfusig things a bit. I mentioned before Quito is nice and there are hot yet sweet-refined women. Right now I´m in bogota with all the frowning 5s. big difference.

As far as Ecuadorgoes, I believe it´s Cuenca where some people are retiring so i don't think that has to do with my experiences anyways.

In general terms though I do believe you can gauge the quality of a place (looks+attitude) in a rather short time. Even if you don't get instant results.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:You stopped being a p.ussy and you got some. Nice.
It was awesome, and the girl was from medelling. most hot girls are from medellin it seems lol i´ll be there soon
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Droid thanks for the great report. Please keep it up!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Travelin Man
Freshman Poster

Post by Travelin Man »

Droid how does Asia compare to Latin America? You said you got more attention from the women in China? What do you look like? Can you post some pictures?
Begin with the end in mind
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I just came back from dancing in Bogota. I was losing faith in this city as there is quite some of the 'seattle freze' here.

But tonight we went to a place where there were plenty of girls and it felt GREAT, i ended up doing three long dancing sessions with this 19yo girl that, although not a supermodel, was in great shape, and more importantly, had a great attitude. I was in heaven dudes, feeling her breasts against me an her back with my hands, while chatting her up, holy smokes.
Unfortunately I was kind of cockblocked a few times by her group of friends so it was no 'bang' or phone number for me yet; but it was awesome, I'm definitely Happier Abroad right now.
It's taking time but I'm THIS close dudes....

I promise I'll finally do the pictures update this weekend guys. Cheers.