Women and How they value men's looks

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Re: Women and How they value men's looks

Post by pandabear »

I should add, too, that in parts of Asia, the priorities (as far as looks go) are fair skin, a long nose, and round eyes. He has those down. A muscular body probably won't add much.
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

I would like to thank everyone again for such wonderful comments.
I do like white chicks the most, and I would prefer to meet a European woman.
I will read Winston's reports on his trips to Russia.
However, from what some of you wrote, it seems like Asian women are the only choice now unless you are a wealthy male model.
Is that true?

Onethousandknives wrote:
I think as far as current trends, what we see is not so much feminism but a societal reversion back to the primitive, to turn humans into beasts. Instead of a man being judged for the content of his character, and traits like kindness and humility emphasized, now men are judged by their strength and power and how "alpha" they are, at least in the media. Instead of chastity and gracefulness being rewarded as a woman, the opposite traits are, the media's ideal woman is loud and obnoxious and has many many sexual partners in her life and talks about sex and shows her sexuality everywhere she goes. Revert man to a beast.
I completely agree with you on this. This reversion started taking place in 1980s America, coincidentally when corporatism started taking over the US economy and politics. In my view, the reason why American women are such b-'s is a direct effect of Reaganomics and deregulation of large corporations. To be sure, feminism contributed too, but I think that corporatism is the larger reason why modern dating scene is the way it is.
The deregulation of US economy starting 1980s created such economic conditions that men were forced to become more wild and aggressive in order to survive at work. In 1960s America, men could be more low key and more reflective and more pensive, because the Keynesian economic order did not necessitate men to fight for their basic bread and water and because people could afford the luxury to be less harsh. Starting 1980s, the fight for survival became the new norm, and this necessitates more wild qualities in men.
Last edited by newbgold on January 27th, 2018, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

newbgold wrote:I would like to thank everyone again for such wonderful comments.
I do like white chicks the most, and I would prefer to meet a European woman.
I will read Winston's reports on his trips to Russia.
However, from what some of you wrote, it seems like Asian women are the only choice now unless you are a wealthy male model.
Is that true?

Onethousandknives wrote:
I think as far as current trends, what we see is not so much feminism but a societal reversion back to the primitive, to turn humans into beasts. Instead of a man being judged for the content of his character, and traits like kindness and humility emphasized, now men are judged by their strength and power and how "alpha" they are, at least in the media. Instead of chastity and gracefulness being rewarded as a woman, the opposite traits are, the media's ideal woman is loud and obnoxious and has many many sexual partners in her life and talks about sex and shows her sexuality everywhere she goes. Revert man to a beast.
I completely agree with you on this. This reversion started taking place in 1980s America, coincidentally when corporatism started taking over the US economy and politics. In my view, the reason why American women are such b-'s is a direct effect of Reaganomics and deregulation of large corporations. To be sure, feminism contributed too, but I think that corporatism is the larger reason why modern dating scene is the way it is.
I wish that I could elaborate more on this, but I am afraid of being persecuted.
It is likely that this forum is being spied upon. They could find the IP addresses of everyone who posts here and they can identify the people who posted. Then, anything that I post can be used against me when applying for a job, for grad school, or for a visa abroad.
But I will add at my own risk that deregulation of US economy starting 1980s created such economic conditions that men were forced to become more wild and aggressive in order to just survive at work. In 1960s America, men could be more low key and more reflective and more pensive, because the Keynesian economic order did not necessitate men to fight for their basic bread and water and because people could afford the luxury to be less harsh. Starting 1980s, the fight for basic survival became the new norm, and this necessitates more wild qualities in men.
I don't think you need to be a wealthy male model to date anywhere, even USA. It's just that USA has lots of negatives about it socially. Think of it like playing a sport. If someone wants to be a good cross country skiier, but lives in Africa, he's gonna have a hard time with it, no matter what his resolve or how bad he wants it or whatever, compared to someone who lives in Canada. Could the African dude juryrig up some cross country skis with rollerblade wheels or something and become OK at it? Probably, but he'd have it much easier if he moved to Canada or Russia to train, and he'd likely never reach elite level without living in a place where there's snow much of the year. So this is how I see going abroad to date. Simple statistics say the US is a very socially troubled place, high divorce, mental illness, single motherhood, etc. If you don't care much, then stay and train/compete in a substandard place, if you do care, move to a place that's better for training and competing in the sport of life.

I don't even really think it's looks, it's more like this. Obviously everyone has their taste in the opposite sex. But I think most people are reasonably flexible. You may like blonde girls most, but if a girl with black hair who likes you comes around that you get along with well, you'll probably not care. On the extreme end, there's deal breakers, like if a girl was bald, but overall I think people are fairly flexible. I do think women probably are less so in that they do the choosing and not the chasing, but overall, yeah. I think the bigger issue is cultural or social disconnect. Today I saw some people my age get really happy when Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" was played. They thought it was great. I winced and turned my headphones up with my own music up very loud to drown it out. Now obviously that's one (terrible) song, but think of other things you do or believe that others do not. As the Bible says, "Can two walk together except they be agreed?" If you're not agreed with the woman or her to you, then she'll (or even in platonic relationships) you just use each other for resources. Besides the quality aspect of abroad, you might actually find someone who you're in at least some amount of agreement with, at least this is my hope. Someone else who also winces and goes wtf when "Anaconda" is played.

And lastly, too, at least for me, getting better looking and better posture and all that by working out, eating better, herbal supplements, etc, while yes, it's made me more popular with girls here in USA, has actually reinforced the idea of going overseas for dating, an idea that started as a small seed in my mind has become a big tree thanks to it. If you're going to invest in yourself, why waste the money here?
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

Onethousandknives,
I really liked your analogy about training to be an Olympic skier in Africa. It is possible to achieve proficiency, but it is hard, just like succeeding with some American women.
For an American man born after 1964, it does seem like the benefits will be greater abroad and life can be more rewarding there. True, yes, abroad, but where?
Last edited by newbgold on January 27th, 2018, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

newbgold wrote:yes, abroad, but where?
A movie that I would recommend to you:

In every country of the world, people think and act differently, and value different things. In some countries, like Taiwan or Tonga, and maybe South Korea (from what I've heard recently), you may not do very much better in the sexual marketplace.

For starters: don't miss out on Thailand.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

pandabear if you could do it all over again what would you recommend guys do? stay unmarried till they are old? what countries to visit?
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Absolutely, do NOT miss out on Thailand, at least once in your life.

Skip the South Pacific, and Taiwan.

The Philippines is something like a shopping market for wives. If you can't find a wife there, you won't find a wife anywhere. But, as for a place to visit, the sights aren't all that interesting, and the local food is basically lousy.

Thailand has great food, and great women. And, quite a lot to see. I recommend getting away from the tourist areas, and going up country. And, don't think about bringing a wife or girlfriend along. Bringing a girlfriend to Thailand would be like going to an all-you-can-eat buffet, and bringing your own sandwich.

Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam sound interesting--foreigners weren't allowed to go in back in the 1980s. I could look across the Mekong River into Laos, and see people going back and forth across in small boats, but I didn't risk it.

Burma is an amazing country to visit. The temples are just fantastic.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

By the by:

Starting at 5:35, Ana tells you what women like...

...And, Cenk concludes the discussion with why you guys might want to consider New York City...
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

You may find this testimonial from the Philippines to be encouraging

As well as this excerpt from a documentary on sexual tourism

If you're up for White chicks, then Ukraine looks promising

http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2013/ ... t_the.html

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine ... t-507.html

There are also White chicks in South America, if you're up for Latin culture.

If, for some mysterious reason, you strike out in Europe, and don't want to consider Asia, then you might give Sandman a listen

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

newbgold wrote:American women are very particular when it comes to looks. From what I have seen in US, men's looks are by far number one criterion when it comes to attracting American women. It seems that the top priority for American women in dating and romance is to be with a "hot guy".
Not necessarily...

hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

pandabear wrote:
newbgold wrote:yes, abroad, but where?
A movie that I would recommend to you:

In every country of the world, people think and act differently, and value different things. In some countries, like Taiwan or Tonga, and maybe South Korea (from what I've heard recently), you may not do very much better in the sexual marketplace.

For starters: don't miss out on Thailand.
This movie is absolute gold and what I strive to make out of traveling. It is a little bit unrealistic in a sense but definitely my all time favorite travel movie.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

pandabear wrote:
newbgold wrote:American women are very particular when it comes to looks. From what I have seen in US, men's looks are by far number one criterion when it comes to attracting American women. It seems that the top priority for American women in dating and romance is to be with a "hot guy".
Not necessarily...

These guys aren't rich, they have GAME!!! :D
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

WorldTraveler wrote:These guys aren't rich, they have GAME!!! :D
That must be it! :lol:

Anyway, here is an American guy, Johnny Olsen, who has a slender body shape, and who seems like a really nice guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6UGEozaXdY

In the description, he writes:
This song is about how the white Farangs like the "Sao Dum" dark skin (or in Thai/Lao "dum" means black skin) exotic ladies. In Thai and Lao, the people use the word black to describe dark skin. They don't say brown skin or dark skin. So the English translation from the Lao context is black skin lady (Sao Dum) It is not to be taken as derogatory. Same as the word Farang is not supposed to be misunderstood as a derogatory term. This story is a very common one. Why do Farangs like the dark skin girls? Maybe it is their unique exotic beauty. Most likely it is because the Sao Dum are very friendly towards the Farang. Or maybe some white guys are not into the white blonde with blue eyes. Really?? Yeah. Thank you very much! Khob Jai Due!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S449CX-zrw

In the description to this one, he writes
This is the native melody and dance of Salavan province in Laos. Salavan is famous for its Lao whiskey, grilled chicken, coconut juice, music, dance, and waterfall. Go travel there! Thank you.
Sounds like an excellent plan to me.

In the description to this one, he writes
Love My Beautiful Sexy Sao Lao Wife (dedicated to her) Thank you God for giving me such a wonderful awesome wife. "Koi Huk Sao Lao"
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

On the other hand, here is another reason to go to Asia, young man

http://www.leavingcairo.com/league-of-e ... irl-to-do/
On the one hand, I fit the image of the “ideal Western woman,” i.e. white, young and blonde. My friends and students make jealous comments about my skin all the time....

...But on the other hand, as a farang woman, I am almost completely undateable. Western men want Thai women and Thai men want Thai women. The general conception is that Thai men consider western women to be too aggressive and they disapprove of our sexual openness. More importantly, Thai men are dedicated to their families and if their parents disapprove of dating farang women, then they will never ever date a farang...

...In the words of my American friend, “Farang men like Thai women because they do all the things that farang women won’t do.” He and other farang men have told me that Thai women are very accommodating and will do all the cooking, cleaning and housekeeping that farang women expect to share with their partner. If I begin dating a farang man, he will inevitably choose a Thai girl over me.... It’s frustrating to be totally and utterly undateable in a city filled with skybars, VIP movie theatres, beer gardens and world class restaurants and clubs...

... Although female farangs are generally undateable among expats and locals, this doesn’t mean that we’re unattractive to all men! For instance, backpackers find us interesting because we live in Thailand. The thing about backpackers, though, is that a day or two after you meet them they’re not in Thailand any longer! It’s hard to find love with someone who is only in your country for a few days...
Even if your fetish is Blondes and you don't want any Asian p***y, you can go to Asia and should find it relatively easy to bang a desperate White girl.

You might even get yourself an American Feminist.

http://jezebel.com/320691/are-asian-fet ... go-with-no
...I lived in Hong Kong for two years and I think I got laid once. And that would be why I no longer live there!...
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Spot the millionaire in this picture! :lol:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."