Palestinians are the True Descendents of the Biblical Jews

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I know after I learned how the financial system works for this world it made me aware not to believe a dam thing in mainstream outlets and most of this money system is controlled by Jewish bloodlines who also control what the dumb down natives have access to for information , they also do not look anything like Semites to me .
Just because they don't look like Semites to you, doesn't mean they don't look like Semites to E. Euro peoples. Some Jews, just like some Lebanese and Syrians and even Egyptians are very light skinned. Some don't even look Jewish. But again, the keywore in *some*.

Some Italians also don't look Italian, some Greeks don't look Greek. Most do though.

These look Semitic still because, say, a Polish person can generally pick up on the eye shape, slight variations of the nose shape, etc. A true Aryan can tell. Not an average American. The eye is not trained. An American just can't see what I can see. What a Pole, a Russian, a German can see.

But let's assume that the Jews are not Semites at all. That they are in fact Khazars. Khazars were Turkic. They looked like Turks. That again means dark, hook-nosed, Middle Eastern. Pretty much kind of Semitic like. So, a Jew is then not a Semite but... a Turk? Six of one...

This is the look of a Turkic person. This is the president of Azerbaijan:

This is an average Turk

About the same as the way Jews are potrayed.
As stated I am open minded about this but feel we are being duped about everything by this cabal who prints money and rules the world for the most part.
Oh well, yes, they are printing money. They are not sharing with other Jews though. Those are fighting in Gaza and some are sent to populate Palestinian territories and live in bad neighborhoods there.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:
As stated I am open minded about this but feel we are being duped about everything by this cabal who prints money and rules the world for the most part.
Oh well, yes, they are printing money. They are not sharing with other Jews though. Those are fighting in Gaza and some are sent to populate Palestinian territories and live in bad neighborhoods there.
+1

:lol:

Thanks I am going to quote that to a few choice friends. Hilarious.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Jester wrote:
ladislav wrote:
+1

:lol:

That is not true, how do you think they built the Zionist Mafia? paying their shills with printed money and the inner core primarily claims Jewish heritage. I do not care somebody has to rule the world and manage the cattle as they say but we are out of time ecologically speaking to be playing the board game monopoly with this world and there will be no get out of jail card for our children when this game plays out and they pay the price of a stripped world coming up shortly and sit it out in the prison left by previous generations.

I will tell you who I would like to have a conversation with, the guy in the clown suit brother Nathaniel at Real Jew News. He is very cleaver but also a nut at the same time. I bet he has a good skinny on the real story of who's who and who's writings are closer to the truth.

He is why I love Ashkenazi Jews at heart because they know what the F they are doing and I bet the PTB do not like him but respect him.

Thanks I am going to quote that to a few choice friends. Hilarious.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Palestinians are the True Descendents of the Biblical Je

Post by Winston »

Check this out.

DNA reveals Ashkenazi "Jews" are not Descendants of Abraham but of King Bulan and the Khazars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmSVpsoHM9w

Description:

Mr. Texe Marrs reports on the definitive new DNA study by Dr. Eran Elhaik of the prestigious Johns Hopkins Medical University, reported in the Oxford Press and in The Journal of Molecular Biology and Evolution. Dr. Elhaik reports that their DNA proves that today's "Jews" are not of Israelite blood. Instead the "Jews" originated in Khazaria, where the pagan Turkic clans in that nation converted to Judaism in the eighth century. This means that (1) The "Jews" are not related to Abraham or to ancient Israel; (2) The "Jews"" ancestors never laid one foot on Israeli soil; (3) The "Jews" are racial imposters. Moreover, their DNA tells us that the Palestinians actually have more Israelite blood than do those who call themselves "Jews." Staggering Implications!

Source of this Speech: http://www.texemarrs.com/popcast.htm (click on "1013.mp3" from Friday, March 8, 2013)
Article to this Speech: http://www.texemarrs.com/042013/jews_no ... braham.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by Jester »

pandabear wrote:According to that article, though, most Jews who lived in Judea actually stayed in Judea after the Roman war (I previously thought that the Romans had depopulated the place).

There were already Jewish communities elsewhere, in both the Roman and Persian empires, and in between. A big one in Alexandria (to which one Gospel account has Joseph and Mary fleeing with Jesus).
I think the OP article is accurate (though I didn't like the comments I read).

Re depopulating the countryside, you're right that it probably never happened systematically. The Babylonians, for example, left behind the poorest Jewsih peasants, who were later called "the people of the land" when well-financed proto-Zionist colonists returned to The Holy Land under Nehemiah and Ezrah, with financial backing and political cover from Cyrus the Great.

My point is that the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans (which came much later) is pretty well documented (also predicted by Jesus), but it stands to reason that the poor people in the villages would have been left behind. Not so valuable as skilled slaves, and not a threat.

I suspect Christian Palestinians are AT LEAST 50% from this old stock, with remaining blood from Hellenic trader/settlers and a touch of Frankish infusion during Crusader occupation, plus normal intermarriage with neighbors...Hamitic (Egyptian, Canaanite/Gazan and Edomite/Jordanian) and Semitic (Phoenician). Can't imagine that they have any actual Arab blood at all.

Moslem Palestinians probably same mix with some actual Arab blood added.

In any case the Christian Palestinians at least have to be more Hebraic than European Jews who constiuted most of the Zionist settlers.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I saw a video on YouTube that argued that Palestinians were largely Jewish genetically based on genetic research.

The question I have is whether the genetic research could distinguish between ethnic Jews and ethnic Edomites. Israel/Jacob's father was Isaac and his brother was Esau. Esau was the ancestor of the Edomites. Traditionally, Palestinians are thought to be Edomites.

I suppose it's possible that a number of them were local Jews who converted to Islam and took on the same ethnic identity as the surrounding community.

For Jews who think of their identity as a matter of being a part of the covenant who accept proselytes, it may not matter as much to them.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

MrMan wrote:I saw a video on YouTube that argued that Palestinians were largely Jewish genetically based on genetic research.

The question I have is whether the genetic research could distinguish between ethnic Jews and ethnic Edomites. Israel/Jacob's father was Isaac and his brother was Esau. Esau was the ancestor of the Edomites. Traditionally, Palestinians are thought to be Edomites.
Well, okay, perhaps, but Esau was a child of Abraham also. I do think a majority of Esau's wives were local Canaanite girls, therefore non-Abrahamic, so the DNA would be diluted, but still Edomites should have a slight majority of Abrahamic blood. Undoubtedly more than part-Khazar, part-Slavic East European Jews. I do assume Ashkhenazis have some Hebraic blood but it can't be a majority. When you move around, mixing happens.

I'm sure there are some folks in Palestine, Jordan or Saudi who proudly claim descent from Esau (just as Saudis traditionally knew they were from Abraham even before Mohammedanism). YET, do the actual residents of Hebron and Bethlehem claim descent from Esau? I would think the two sources of truth here would be oral tradition, and DNA.
For Jews who think of their identity as a matter of being a part of the covenant who accept proselytes, it may not matter as much to them.
Yes but then as people of the covenant, all Christians - and perhaps Mohammedans too - share equal rights to the Holy Land, at least for pilgrimage.

This would be my view, actually.

Can't you just hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Of course they can claim they have traded the old Covenant for a Talmudic-based secret-society. In this case, according to the Covenant-based theory of land rights, they wouldn't belong in the Holy Land at all.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I think Shalmo Sand who has written 2 books on this subject is correct and the people who think the bible is a real story with real people and characters are smoking crack, I am real curious to how the Jewish faith came to be as the usury it has brought forth has consumed the earth and agree the Zionist are killing some of the the real bloodline who wrote the make believe bible.
Time to Hide!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The Khazaria hypothesis confuses two events and the real "Hebrew" Jews with a small number of Judaized Turkic Khazars ( who must be considered Jewish by Jewish law, just like A Turk who becomes a German citizen must be considered German by German law). But the devil is in the details.

Here's what happened:

Event # 1. Some 3500 years ago, a group of Mesopotamian Semitic tribes ( similar to Arabs) created a new monotheistic religion about God being one ( Ahad), a person following this religion would be called Yahud ( one with God). They proselityzed for a while ,but then stopped, and only mingled and married among themselves.

The other name for this group was Isra-el ( those wrestling with God) . Because most such people belonged to various Semitic ethnicities of the Middle East and then, they converted other neighboring ethnicities, the eventually jelled into a Semitic supra-ethnicity with its own religion.

When they moved to other places, people called them Habiri ( Hebrew) which means "one from beyond Euphrates" ( in modern day Iraq). They established Kingdoms of Judea and Israel in what is known in Greek as Palestine ( after killing its inhabitants) and lived there for several hundred years. The Jews are called the Hebrew Nation by many Europeans, also.

They were conquered by Romans and then, after several uprisings against the Roman rule, a Roman emperor had most of them deported and scattered around the Roman Empire. The bulk of these settled around the Rhine area where they lived as a state within a state. Others went to Spain, etc.

Did they form a distinct race? From the point of view of Europeans, yes! Because people who practiced this religion were basically of Semitic appearance/race. Germans called them Semites and those people who hated them were called Anti-Semites. In Romanian, Italian and Russian, the word for a Jew is evreu, ebreo and yevrey, respectively. Again, "one from beyond the Euphrates". They lived in Central Europe, in their majority, and in other neighboring countries. They were not accepted because of the Semitic origin ( their faces were different- they were seen as non Europeans, as Middle Easterners) and a different religion.

Hence, in most countries, they lived as non-citizens, no matter how many generations there, Jews rarely intermarried,and the addition of European blood was very rare, too. They lived in areas called ghettos with their own government-in-exile called the Kahal. And unlike in America ( North and South) where a birth in the country makes you one of them, in Europe ( and in Asia) only bloodlines can make you one of them.

German kings tried to integrate ( integrate, mind you-- not assimilate) the Jews by giving them last names ( the Jews didn't have last names). So, they gave them pseudo-Germanic-sounding names such as Goldberg, Steinberg, Gladstein, etc. which were not German-sounding to the Germans, and were really mocking names coined artificially. However, to other people, they sounded Germanic. The Russian authorities also gave those Jews who didn't have last names funny names ending in ski, ich/itz, etc. Horowitz, Berezovsky, etc. To foreigners, these sounded " Russian" but not to the Slavs. The Jews also developed a patois called Yiddisch which was German mixed with Hebrew. The common name for all these Jews who had settled on the Rhine and who had names like "Abraham Goldberg" was "Ashkenazis- meaning from/living in Germany".

No matter the above efforts to integrate them, many Europeans wanted them out and sent back to the Middle East. They often killed them and persecuted them until a movement was started to finally go back to the Middle East. This movement was similar to the "Back-to-Africa Movement" by American blacks.

When the Jews arrived back into the Middle East, the Arabs living there were aghast- "Who the f*** are you?" Because you see, to Arabs, Jews do not form a distinct race nor a distinct nation. They are Semites just like Arabs. But not Semitic enough. Looking from the Arab eyes, these were Khawaja, - Europeans. In the Arab society and culture, they only care about these things: 1) language- if you speak Arabic, you're an Arab ( and many Jews spoke Arabic) 2) citizenship - if you are a citizen of an Arab country, you're an Arab 3) religion. This is how Arabs within their societies identify people. Thus, to an Arab mindset, these were only a religion group, not a nation or race. This is very different from the way Europeans identify people. Or Americans - "Where were you born? Where 're you from?"

Hence, the Arabs started telling them to go back to Europe. They were pointing to the quasi- European appearance of many of them ( which happened because of rapes) and European clothes/ behavior. Thus, all hell broke loose.

Incidentally, something similar happened in Africa when American blacks went there. From what I understand, when these Africans saw all these English-speaking people with names such as Leroy Washington and Juanita Williamson arrive at their shore in what would become Liberia, they sure didn't see them as "fellow Africans". They also paid attention to how mixed with whites these were, and many would be seen as pretty much "white people" (looking from the African eyes) by them. So, there you have it-- stuck in between-- in America, you have racist rednecks yelling "Go back to Africa!" and then, in Africa, you have native black Africans, I imagine, yelling at them to "Go back to America!"

They started fighting. The American blacks then conquered them and turned them into plantation slaves.

The Jews also started conquering the Arabs. From the Arab perspective, this was a continuation of the European colonization, and these Zionists were ' Europeans'. So, on the one hand, you have Russians, Poles, Germans, Romanians, Hungarians etc., yelling at Jews to "go back to Palestine", and on the other hand, you have Arabs yelling at them "to go back to Europe".

This is a simplistic picture, but generally this is what happened.Other Jews ended up in other countries and they have different histories but the majority did become what is known as Ashkenazis.

Event #2. Not all Jews ended up in the central Roman Empire. There were some who were living in other areas. Some became teachers of Khazars.

There was a Turkic Kingdom located in the area of Azerbaijan called Khazaria with the capital of Tmutarakan'. A king wanted his kingdom to have a religion and invited mullahs, Hebrew rabbis ( who were possibly living in the Byzantium) and Christian priests, and finally decided that Judaism was the best for him. So, the top echelons of his Kingdom did convert to Judaism and became " naturalized" Jews. However, to the people around them- Slavs in particular- these were still Khazars. They called them Khazars, they fought them as Khazars and they knew that these were not Hebrews. Princes of Kiev have chronicles of them waging wars against the Khazars. Eventually, the adopted religion of Judaism did not help them and their lands were crushed. The Kingdom ceased to exist. It was a fling, basically which was not very successful. Whether these Khazars intermarry with Ashkenazis is still open to debate. Numbers are not really known. Their culture also pretty much disappeared.

The converted Turkic Khazars were thus a very small part of international Jewry, and there were few to none among the Zionist leadership or on the streets of Warsaw, Berlin, Budapest, etc. People like Waitzman, Hertzl, were mainly Ashkenazis and Yiddish-speaking. These are the ones you see on the streets of Williamsburg, NY, the Bronx, etc.

Now, the Khazar hypothesis states that most E. European Jews are, in fact, of Turkic origin and are Khazars; not Hebrews. That, in fact, possibly none of them are Hebrews. Let's assume they are right and these are really a Turkic people. This theory has a few holes:

1) When was the great migration of hundreds of thousands ( or possibly millions) of these Khazars into Germany from the area of Azerbaijan and southern Ukraine? How were they given Germanic sounding names? How did they developed a patois called Yiddisch which was German mixed with Hebrew and which does not have any Turkic words?

The Jews in Hungary, Poland, Romania, etc virtually all spoke that language and all had names such as Greenstein, Rosenstein, etc- clearly names created in Germany and after which, they settled in other, surrounding countries. So, it means that these Khazars migrated into Europe from Azerbaijan and ended up on the Rhine? When was that? Such a huge migration should have been recorded somewhere. However, Germans and other Europeans do not mention it. They all talk about Semites. There is no mention of this enormous movement of people from Khazaria.

2) Why did the European governments and its people call the Jew in Europe " Hebrews", "Semites" and "Judeans for two millenia? Why did they not call them Khazars? Kievans and Germans really know the difference between a Turkic person and a Semitic person. Even the Nazis knew that. Hitler ( initially) wanted to deport all Jews to Palestine, too. He did not want to deport them to Azerbaijan.

3) Finally, the government of Azerbaijan as well as Southern Ukrainian provinces of Donetsk and Zaporizzha do not ever talk about it or acknowledge these. And they differentiate ( in their history) the Khazars from the Jews.

Conclusion: Just like there are fringes in every ethnic group, so these Khazars were a small naturalized Jewish fringe. They are not the Jews you meet in Encino and/or the Bronx.
do assume Ashkhenazis have some Hebraic blood but it can't be a majority. When you move around, mixing happens.
Mixing happens if you have sex. Not if you just "move around'. Jews in Eastern/Central Europe were very isolated from the local peoples and almost never mingled with them. Some mixing took place through rapes, and an extremely rare intermarriage, but physically, they still look Semitic to pure Euro eyes particularly to people such as Poles. Just like mulattoes still look black to white Southerners. It really depends on who does the classifying. In those European countries, a half Jew is still a Jew, just like in the US, a half black is still black.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:
The Khazaria hypothesis confuses two events and the real "Hebrew" Jews with a small number of Judaized Turkic Khazars ( who must be considered Jewish by Jewish law, just like A Turk who becomes a German citizen must be considered German by German law). But the devil is in the details....
Overall a great post
ladislav wrote:
No matter the above efforts to integrate them, many Europeans wanted them out and sent back to the Middle East. They often killed them and persecuted them until a movement was started to finally go back to the Middle East.
Well its interesting to be reminded of the sincere beliefs of our Jewish friends. Of course this leaves out proven cases of sheltering murderers in their community, the betrayal of Spain to the Saracens, and of course, Communism. But yes, innocent Jews were sometimes persecuted as well.
ladislav wrote:
Now, the Khazar hypothesis states that most E. European Jews are, in fact, of Turkic origin and are Khazars; not Hebrews. That, in fact, possibly none of them are Hebrews. Let's assume they are right and these are really a Turkic people. This theory has a few holes:

1) When was the great migration of hundreds of thousands ( or possibly millions) of these Khazars into Germany from the area of Azerbaijan and southern Ukraine? How were they given Germanic sounding names? How did they developed a patois called Yiddisch which was German mixed with Hebrew and which does not have any Turkic words?
I asked this question once, and was told that the Khazar/Jews ENTERED Central Europe WITH the invading German barbarians. This made SOME sense to me, since Jews were known to get along fine with non-proselytizing pagans (and Saracens). For example they co-existed fine in Ethiopia with the animalists, UNTIL the Ethiopians became Christians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sign_and_the_Seal

And of course Jews entered the American South on the coattails of invading Yankee barbarians :wink:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... grant.html

And if you asked most average New York Jews where the Jews went after they were exiled from Jerusalem, they will say "North", meaning Russia -- which fits with the settling-among-Khazars hypothesis

And incidentally my hometown in Armenia, Van, the ancient capital, acquired a settlement of Jews after the Exile. Van is straight north of the Holy Land. They left when we Armenians finally became Christians (again, Jews were more comfortable among pagans than among proselytizing Christians). Most of us presumed they continued north, to Ukraine etc.
PS We still have a Jewish(?) custom or two, like lambs blood on foreheads, smeared by priests.... Other Armenians like to joke that we are cheapskates because of Jewish blood).
ladislav wrote:
The Jews in Hungary, Poland, Romania, etc virtually all spoke that language and all had names such as Greenstein, Rosenstein, etc- clearly names created in Germany and after which, they settled in other, surrounding countries. So, it means that these Khazars migrated into Europe from Azerbaijan and ended up on the Rhine? When was that? Such a huge migration should have been recorded somewhere. However, Germans and other Europeans do not mention it. They all talk about Semites. There is no mention of this enormous movement of people from Khazaria.
I had asked about how so many Russian Jews, like Trotsky (Bronstein), had GERMAN names, even before heading West to Frankfurt or New York. I had deduced that they swept into Europe with invading pagan Germans and Goths, then got gradually kicked out of Western Europe both for the occasional notorious crime (England, two cases proven) or betrayal of their host nation (Spain), plus the general ignorant prejudice during the Crusades and wars with the Turks (Jews apparently dressed like Middle Eastern ragheads until the seventeenth century at least). So my impression was that Russia, despite the popular notion that Russia was anti-Jewish, had actually sheltered or accepted Jews returning from the West with those German names.
ladislav wrote:
2) Why did the European governments and its people call the Jew in Europe " Hebrews", "Semites" and "Judeans for two millenia? Why did they not call them Khazars? Kievans and Germans really know the difference between a Turkic person and a Semitic person. Even the Nazis knew that. Hitler ( initially) wanted to deport all Jews to Palestine, too. He did not want to deport them to Azerbaijan.
All that is true.
ladislav wrote:
3) Finally, the government of Azerbaijan as well as Southern Ukrainian provinces of Donetsk and Zaporizzha do not ever talk about it or acknowledge these. And they differentiate ( in their history) the Khazars from the Jews.

Conclusion: Just like there are fringes in every ethnic group, so these Khazars were a small naturalized Jewish fringe. They are not the Jews you meet in Encino and/or the Bronx.
Good points. But, Anthony Bourdain's friend and TV co-personality, Zamir, is a counterexample. Apparently a member of a Turkic group, with some relatives who are Moslems, other who are Jews. I had assumed that he was a Khazar, more or less, who had never left the homeland.

But maybe just a "fringe", as you say.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Jester wrote:
Yes but then as people of the covenant, all Christians - and perhaps Mohammedans too - share equal rights to the Holy Land, at least for pilgrimage.
Sure, all those who keep the covenant including the Sabbath. How many is that? 10?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fschmidt wrote:
Jester wrote:
Sure, all those who keep the covenant including the Sabbath. How many is that? 10?
I do see your point. But... Catholics, Pentecostals, Seventh Day Adventists and Mohammedans all observe Sabbath. Catholics, Orthodox Christians, Seventh Day Adventists and Mohammedans observe specific dietary rules. Some Orthodox are quite strict. Seventh Day Adventists refrain from all blood.

But I suppose I wasn't really talking about keeping the the Law. I was referring to claiming the Covenant with God. As in receiving a blessing under the Covenant. Being His people.

If we didn't look at it that way, then every time an "Israeli" worked on the Sabbath, he and his family would have to leave the Holy Land.

Right?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Jester wrote:But I suppose I wasn't really talking about keeping the the Law. I was referring to claiming the Covenant with God. As in receiving a blessing under the Covenant. Being His people.

If we didn't look at it that way, then every time an "Israeli" worked on the Sabbath, he and his family would have to leave the Holy Land.

Right?
Right, which is why I am not a Zionist. If it was up to me, every Israeli who worked on the Sabbath would be thrown out. After all, Exodus 31:14 says "If anyone does work on it, that person must be cut off from his people."
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

This is a Soviet birth certificate. It says nationality "Hebrew" for both parents: 3d and 6th line - the right page

Here is another one: it says nationality: Ukrainian and Russian for parents respectively-- on the same lines:

What do you want people to consider themselves after that? This is not auto-designation either. The government of the biggest country in the world designated it based on family ancestry which they investigated. The neighboring countries of Poland, Lithuania and another 20 or so countries are of the same opinion. Although they may not have similar birth certificates.

Then you have faces.

When a person like this:

Looks at a person like this:

He calls him a "Hebrew".

Such Jewish faces as the above are not Turkic at all. They are very much like those of Arabs- Syrians, Lebanese, Jordanians. They are Hebrew faces. And in Italian, the word for Jew is " ebreo".

Invading German armies bringing in Khazars? Germans streaming into Europe? From where?

You know, Germans are not stupid - they **would** call them Khazars - they know who comes from where. And they can tell a Turk from a Hebrew.
And if you asked most average New York Jews where the Jews went after they were exiled from Jerusalem, they will say "North", meaning Russia -- which fits with the settling-among-Khazars hypothesis
I don't mean to stereotype, but American education is not strong on history. Most American Jews have no idea.
North means Italy- then Germany then part went to Spain, and one, to the right, on to various Eastern countries. A huge number stayed in Germany. That is the bulk of the population in exile. There were others who ended up in other places. Not the bulk.

Names such as Bronstein, Silverberg, Goldfarb sound " German" to a non-German. To an American, they sound "German", but not to a German. These are artificial names for Jews within Germany. Liebowiz, Abramovitz, and Horovitz sound " Russian" to an American ear. But Russian names are Ivanov, Petrov, Tomin, etc. Most Americans have got no clue-- those countries are too far.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I'd be curious as to what all this makes of biblical designations. I saw a documentary once, that claimed that Hebrews and Canaanites of ancient times were the same people with only one difference; Religious beliefs (and not eating pork)> otherwise they were culturally identical, the same clothing, pottery, houses, funerary rites etc.

This makes some sense from a biblical perspective. If we are to take the biblical narrative as historical, they must look the same. You can tell a Hebrew from a Canaanite by looking at them and they can't tell each other apart either. They must also speak the same language. At no point do you see them having problems communicating or using translators. They pretty much live in the same places and often intermarry.

There is only one problem. Canaanites are not semitic AT ALL. They have no relation to Abraham. Their "after flood" lineage goes from Noah, Ham to Canaan. Canaan being the brother of Kush/Nubia. All semites should trace their lineage from Noah to Shem, where the term semite comes from, and which lineage leads to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel. Arabs supposedly come from Abraham's other son Ishmael, still in the semitic line.

I am not one to take the extreme view that the bible is totally a book of made up fairy tales. There are lots of good books and documentary films which show that many aspects, names of people/places, and even events, certain battles and the sacking of cities etc. are historically accurate. Whether some of these names represent actual individual people or infer certain tribes is another story.

The thing is, even if you look at the popular lineages in the bible, many of the famous Hebrews were constantly intermarrying with Canaanites and even, in some cases, Ethiopians and Egyptians. That would make the genetic waters pretty muddy as it is.

Then we have the separation of Hebrew, a people/nation, and jewish, a religion that pretty much anyone can convert to. I am more inclined to believe that a lot of what we believe to be "jews" today are just a made up people with little to no relation to the historical inhabitants of ancient Judah and Israel. On the other hand, I also heard that genetic research supposedly shows that jews, regardless of where they be in the world, with the name Cohen, are genetically related and can trace their lineage back to Aaron, the brother of Moses and the levite tribe of priests. If, however, the powers that be control this genome science, which most common people cannot understand for themselves, or will never bother to look into, they can make whatever story they want.

It's been said that the descendants of the Canaanites are in modern Jordan. Different from the hebrews, they were not scattered about the globe mixing with so many other peoples. They look like this:

Far cry from the European looking "jews" we see today.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan