What's going on

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Drake_1976
Freshman Poster

What's going on

Post by Drake_1976 »

New guy here, but have been lurking for a while. Been living overseas (Kuwait) for approximately 14 years. Originally from the U.S. Have no desire to return to the U.S. except to visit my mom. Hopefully I will be able to remain overseas for the rest of my life.

Have been married to a Filipina, but now separated. I was young and dumb when I married her, but won't make that mistake again. Have 2 wonderful sons and wouldn't trade them for anything in this world.

I enjoy traveling to the Philippines and really enjoy my time there. I haven't been to A/C, but have spent a little time, typically 1 night, in Makati prior to departing back to Kuwait.

That's all for now. You all take it easy
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 29th, 2020, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drake_1976
Freshman Poster

Re: What's going on

Post by Drake_1976 »

Yeah, there are some real gems out there. Lol. But you live and you learn

I love my job, plus I enjoy the tax free benefits. Kuwait isn't too bad, as long as you don't have to deal with the locals very often.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 29th, 2020, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drake_1976
Freshman Poster

Re: What's going on

Post by Drake_1976 »

I'm a contractor. I generally only have 1 day off a week, so I don't mingle amongst the locals all to much. I use too since my sons were born here, because I had to deal with the local ministries for residencies and stuff like that. But since my sons are no longer here I don't have that requirement any longer.

I do enjoy interacting with other expats, with whom I have quite a bit of interaction with while at work.

I don't mind my life at the moment, as long as I can pop out of country every now and again to cut loose.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”