From datelessness to everlasting abundance - My story

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

From datelessness to everlasting abundance - My story

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I've created a new intro for Happier Abroad that has a bit more of a personal touch to it. The former one sounded too academic. So I've moved the former ones into an "Introduction to Global Dating" section instead. In this new intro, I've listed 7 cliches usually given to me and other dateless men in America that are useless, as well as 5 reasons why Global Dating is not that well known among single men in America.

Hope you like this new intro.

http://www.happierabroad.com/introduction.php

Hello I'm Winston Wu, founder of HappierAbroad.com.

For many years I was dateless and lonely in America. Meeting, dating and making love to beautiful women was my top desire and highest fantasy, which consumed me everyday. Yet I was frustrated because I seemed to be completely shut out of the dating game. Every girl I met told me, either directly or indirectly, that I wasn't her type.

Yet we were under this mass belief that getting dates was easy, that girls were friendly in America, so if you couldn't get dates, then you had to look at yourself for the problem. So like everyone else, I was programmed to look toward myself to figure out what I could change or improve in myself to get results.

Yet I saw nothing wrong with me. I liked myself and saw a lot of great qualities in me. And I didn't feel that it would be right or natural to try to be something I'm not just to please others (not that I could anyway). I didn't understand why I couldn't just be myself and get the results I wanted, since after all, our culture and media gave the impression it was easy to get dates in America, as long as you were cool, confident and likable. If you can't, then there's something wrong with you. That's what we assume.

Anyhow, I couldn't see anything wrong with me, yet I was programmed to think that there was because I couldn't get any dates no matter how hard I tried. This resulted in a perpetual loop where I would look to myself for the problem, but finding nothing wrong, I went out and tried to get dates only to fail again and look back toward myself, which repeated the cycle ad nauseum.

Being at a loss, I turned to others for answers. I asked what friends I had for advice, and also acquaintances, teachers, counselors, therapists, parents, even pastors. None of them had any real solutions. All they could do was one of the following:

1) Tell me to work out and dress better, or get involved in some activities and clubs. I did all that but I was still treated like I was not even in the dating game. There are things you can join to meet women, but if you're not their type or they're not available, the best you're going to get is casual polite chit chat from them.
2) Tell me not to worry about it and focus on other things in life, such as getting a career or focusing on other hobbies. That might work for a little while, but not forever, since beautiful women were my highest desire.
3) Tell me to lower my standards. As if they weren't already low enough, I mean come on now. Get real. What am I supposed to do, go for the rock bottom? I can't force myself to want something I don't want. And I'm not that unattractive either, so why can't I even get average looking girls who are on my level? It seems that even average girls in America think they deserve the very best in men - the prince charming with looks, money, personality and status.
4) Give me the typical cliche "Don't worry, you'll meet the right person someday." Yet I was not necessarily looking for the "right person", I just wanted some decent dates, which was supposed to be easy, according to our culture, TV shows and sitcoms. So why should I have to wait years or never for one "right person" just to get a normal date?!
5) Tell me to stop trying so hard and just let things come naturally, since you usually find love when you're not looking. Yet when I stopped trying, I still got NO results! Nothing. Same thing.
6) Tell me to stop being negative, needy or desperate, which is a turn off for girls, and that if you like yourself, then you will become more attractive and others will like you too. Yet I DID LIKE myself... a lot! That's why I felt I deserved to get dates and girls, and why I wouldn't give up. I felt confident and attractive around girls too. Yet that didn't matter cause the girls didn't like to be approached, didn't want to meet me, and didn't think I was their type. My confidence and self-esteem didn't change that. That was the reality. This cliche was fantasy/fiction. I was sure that being negative, needy or desperate was not the cause of my rejection, for those traits followed after my failures, not before them. This was just a cheap attempt at pinning the blame on me. After all, you can't blame a hungry man if he hasn't eaten.
7) Preach that if I got a good steady job or career and became successful and stable, that girls would take me seriously and flock to settle down with me and raise a family. This kind of advice usually comes from older people who are more old fashioned - like your parents. Yet I have had high paying jobs before, and when I told girls about them, it didn't create any attraction. They would just say "That's nice". This kind of advice was outdated and geared toward marriage, which I wasn't looking for. I just wanted normal dates, romance and to have good times with hot girls and to be "in the game". TV shows and sitcoms said it was easy and natural, so why wasn't it?!

So, being at a dead end, I turned to these so called "Dating Gurus" for help. These folks had marketed themselves and their books/seminars to guys like me, who wanted to get hot girls but were at a dead end. They made big promises and claims, offering techniques that could make any guy into a smooth pick up artist and ladies' man.

I was never stupid enough to sign up for their expensive seminars and boot camps of course, since I was skeptical and frugal with my money. But I read many of their books, articles and websites. When I tried to implement their techniques, all I got were laughs. The whole thing felt so fake and unnatural. They seemed to only work in the PUA guru's fictitious promo stories, not in real life. Eventually I realized that such techniques and tricks only worked if the girl was ALREADY attracted to you, not if she wasn't. But that was the problem - I could not find anyone attracted to me in the first place, so these techniques were a moot point, since they can't do anything about the root problem. You can't create attraction where there is none. So I was back at square one again.

Dumbfounded, I turned to women themselves for the answers. I asked every female friend and acquaintance I could find for what I could do to turn my dating life around. Yet they could offer nothing but the same cliched answers above. So when I asked them "Well why am I not dating material to YOU then? What am I lacking?", all they could say was "Cause I like you as a friend".

So again I was left with no solutions and no way to get what I wanted. Yet our programmed society and culture continued to tell me to look at myself to see what I could change or improve. When I did that, I could find nothing to improve that would get any real results, and neither could anyone else. I was still not anyone's type and no one was interested in me.

Worst of all, even trying to get dates felt like the most unnatural and awkward thing in the world, as though I were going against the grain or stepping outside of bounds. This was weird cause all the TV shows and sitcoms I saw portrayed dating as easy and natural in America, as well as fun. That was what I believed too, yet I could not reconcile my belief with reality.

Frustrated beyond words, and in a state of inner torture with billions of unfulfilled fantasies, I began looking for desperate measures. I used prayer, cast love spells, used witchcraft, constructed Egyptian love charms that I learned of from books, etc. Anything to get results. But none of that really worked, and even trying them spooked me out.

The futility continued. No matter what I did, it was always a zero sum game. It seemed that I just wasn't meant for what I wanted most.

One day, I finally found my answer, one that most would never consider. It would be the REAL and PERMANENT SOLUTION to my dilemma, one that WORKED naturally and got real RESULTS.

And that's what I'm here to share with you - for FREE. You see, there's no book of secrets to buy from me, no secret tricks or techniques you have to learn and pay for, none of that BS. The real solution I am sharing with you consists of only TWO SHORT WORDS, two measly little words! The rest flows naturally and easily from them. Yet they were two words that were outside of most people's "mental prism of reality" and that's why in most minds they are not even considered.

But they work, not just for a lucky few, but for ANY average decent good guy. That's the bottom line. And I'm here to show you why, how, and to prove it to you. Unlike others, everything I say is backed by verifiable proof. I do not ask you to take my claims on faith, like con artists who want your money do, nor would I want you to.

And the two simple words are:

GO ABROAD!

That's it! Those two words transformed my hopeless no-win situation into one of everylasting abundance, skyrocketing my dating life from zero to infinity! See it for yourself in my Photo Collage, Slide Shows and Film. The evidence is in plain sight.

Photo Collage
http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Collage.htm

Slide Shows
http://www.happierabroad.com/slideshows.php

Foreign Female Encounters Film
http://www.happierabroad.com/film.php

I couldn't believe it and still can't. The solution was so simple the whole time. The reason I didn't know about it earlier was that it was so outside of everyone's "mental prism of reality" that no one could ever think of suggesting it. You see, when something is too far outside the box, to most people it doesn't exist. We are all conditioned to think that if we have any problem of a social or psychological nature, that we should stay put and make changes in ourselves, for the problem is always with you, not with others. That's how we are trained to solve personal and social problems. This includes your typical peers, parents, teachers, therapists, counselors, pastors, media, etc. They all think inside the box and can only seek solutions within their programmed reality matrix.

As such, we assume that location makes no difference and that people are the same everywhere. But nothing could be more wrong, and that's what I'm here to share and prove to you.

Location makes ALL the difference, contrary to the teaching of pop New Age psychologists and self-help gurus that it's all about your thoughts and attitude. Have a look at these testimonials I put together from others that concur with this claim.

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page74b.htm

Since most dateless guys never hear about this overseas solution, which has changed the lives of many I know, I believe they should be aware of it, at least as a viable option. So that's my objective, to disseminate this overseas solution to those who need it, which can transform their lives beyond their wildest expectations. That is my Mission and Gospel. And Happier Abroad is the vehicle to help spread this awareness.

You see, the reality is that though some guys do get dates and attractive women in America, there is a large percentage of them that are like me, completely shut out of the dating game altogether and can't do anything about it. They are in a futile situation and afraid to admit it lest they be perceived as losers. This is a definitely reality. Yet it is one that is not given any attention, for our culture holds that only two things really matter - working and consuming. The rest are trivial and not that important. Yet that is not true.

There are expats out there of course, that know of this dating abroad lifestyle and are living it themselves. But they tend to be low key and prefer to avoid attention. So they keep their lives private and do not like to be involved in promoting controversial topics. And they are too busy enjoying their life to bother looking back anyway. Plus they have to be careful not to too open about it, for they know that these are taboo areas that carry negative connotations, which can even be construed as unpatriotic. Also, most people are not that outspoken when it comes to the truth.

That's why I'm one of the few that promote this solution for datelessness in America, and the only one that's started a major website and movement about it.

I KNOW that it works reliably and consistently for ANY average decent guy, not just a special few. And it works easily and naturally too. Once you're in the right location, you simply go with the flow and go for what you want. Then the results come. That's it.

I know this from firsthand experience and that of many others I know. I've always believed that the truth speaks for itself, and the "truth" all over my website speaks for itself.

Now you might be wondering why if this solution is so simple and real, why most don't know about it still. And that's a good question. I can think of multiple reasons:

1) This is a taboo topic and most fear that drawing attention to their datelessness makes them look like a loser and whiner. So they deny it and pretend that everything is hunky and dory, a facade which is expected of them.
2) People are conditioned to believe that if they have a social problem, they need to blame or improve themselves rather than their society or culture. They also assume that they have no choice but to stay put and try to solve it. Since the problem is with them, location would makes no difference, they believe, because it is assumed that people are the same everywhere. Therefore, they presume that anyone who can't get dates in a particular community will have the same problem everywhere they go, since the problem can only be with them. According to this myth, a person who can get dates can get them anywhere and a person who can't, won't get them anywhere. This is a HUGE fallacy that I know for a 100 percent certainty is FALSE. All the concrete evidence on my site disproves this fallacy.
3) It is politically incorrect and offensive to publicly claim that something in another country is better than your own, even if it's true, especially if it pertains to dating and women, and particularly if you are part of the media. That's not what people want to hear, nor is it in the corporate or government interest to spread such facts. Instead, there is a propensity in society and the media to ridicule anything outside the box, even if it's true.
4) There are many expats having better love lives and relationships abroad, as mentioned earlier, but you don't hear about them cause they mostly keep their lives private and do not like to be in the spotlight. So their opinions do not get heard by many. And plus the media does not consider this kind of thing newsworthy, for the reasons listed above, so they don't cover it.
5) There is so much information out there about so many things, that even the news media have to be very selective about what to publicize. Generally, the mainstream media prefers to focus on economic issues, bad news and celebrity lives. So a lot of important and relevant information out there does not get public attention and does not spread effectively to the mass populace of the world. Most information is relegated only within certain circles. But with the advent of the internet, all that has changed and it is now easier than ever to find out about anything that you want online, as long as you are looking for it. Thus the internet remains the greatest hope and vehicle for spreading this movement.

But nevertheless, the truth is the truth, regardless of what any dysfunctional society says.

Going abroad for more and better dates is not hard at all in practice or concept. The only hard part is opening your mind to accepting realities beyond your paradigm and programming, and in believing that they are real, and integrating that into your life. For that you may need a little convincing, inspiration, guidance, and proof of course. That's where we come in. Me and my Advisors, and the content at Happier Abroad, are here to provide all that.

With more and better quality dates will come other perks and benefits as well. You will feel more valued, desired and wanted, which will boost your self-esteem to healthier levels. And you will feel the appreciation that you deserve. As a result, your attitude, outlook and mental health will be greatly improved. You will have a better feeling of social connectedness too, which humans need deep down. Over time, you will also become more culturally enriched, having lived in different cultures, which will expand your world view with extra dimensions, and widening your "mental prism of reality" so to speak. And of course, depending on which country you live in, your cost of living may be substantially lower too, which increases the purchasing power of your money.

So you see, the overseas solution is simple, easy, natural and WORKS for ANY decent good guy. It merely requires you to break out of your "mental prism" to take seriously.

So there's the answer. I've given it to you for FREE already. There is no magic formula or secret tricks to buy. I could have claimed that there was, and asked you to buy it from me, but I hate BSing others and I hate to be BSed as well. Truth is my God.

I do sell some Ebooks, but they are purely optional. They are offered as a way for you to thank and help support this site if it has enriched or benefitted you. I do not overcharge for them either, as others do. My main Ebook with 500 pages is offered for only a $15 donation, and comes with two bonuses. I also offer a guide to Global Dating with tips and advice as part of my Ebook package for only an extra $5.

You don't have to get it to go overseas and date abroad of course. Either way, you can still get information, inspiration, help and guidance from my site and forum for free.

Thank you for reading. You may now begin your journey of discovery outside the matrix toward greener pastures by following the links below in any order you like or go back to the Home Page and browse through the boxed sections. The next page explains how and why Global Dating works.

Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely,
Winston Wu
Last edited by Winston on April 2nd, 2010, 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I especially like number 3, shooting too high.

This comes because people make two very incorrect assumptions.
First is that men only pick the most beautiful women always.
The second is that unattractive women are much more down to Earth.

Both of these assumptions are entirely incorrect, and mostly the opposite is true.

Most men choose women who are right in the middle - 6s, 7s, 8s, out of ten. Women who may not be the most pretty, just they arent fat pieces of shit. Most men arent shooting for women who are 9s and 10s cause they suspect these women are "out of their league."

The unattractive, fat women are the angriest because, although they do still get men, they dont have the amount and depth of sexual power at their command that their thin sisters have. This means every man who doesnt submit to her majesty is a superficial bastard for liking women who arent obese, which leads to them being the worst of the man-haters.

There is a third reason women say men are shooting too high. It is because it is what women do. To women, you arent a man until you are 6'3'' and earning a hunk of a salary. To them these are the hot guys. It is classic projection.

I do take great pleasure in knowing that one day all of these American bitches who seek the impossible will turn 40 and become instantly worthless, no matter how pretty they are. Even 40 year old men dont want 40 year old women.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

All of those suggestions by women are designed to have Betas put themselves on ice until age 35, 40, 45.

At that point the women will want to peruse you again, see if you are marriable after she has burned through the bikers, thugs, tatoo artists and rock stars.

It's just manipulation to serve women.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

If your relying on society to supply you with truth chances are your going to be disappointed. Supplying truth is a function society doesn't perform. Friends, family and the media never warned me western women were dangerous, I had to figure that out on my own. Turning to the internet I was relieved to find I was not alone.

Universities have there own political agenda. After taking a college level social science course you'll have a hard time believing anything that doesn't fit your "programming". This has led me to believe you should only go to university if you don't have any talent, thats why I went. You'll learn more about male/female relationships reading the posts on this forum than you will going to college, and most of it will be true.
Jakob
Freshman Poster

Re: 7 Useless cliches given to dateless men in America

Post by Jakob »

Number 2 is the most reasonable of the "cliches". I found it incredibly useful to focus on other things, both as a way to enrich myself, and to stop wasting time trying to navigate through a broken system.

There's one other cliche (sort of) and that is, all you need is confidence and a positive attitude. I can tell you that these qualities will not score points with most North American women, unless you somehow also fall into the proper channels, such as meeting through friends, etc. Most are too paranoid, uptight, and judgemental to accept a confident, sincere approach out in public places. And ditto for dressing well, and looking good. These things might get some attraction going (since attraction is biologically wired and therefore not a choice), but because of the societal indoctrination most women will reject you soon after (despite being attracted), or start putting up crazy resistance due to some perceived level of threat they feel in your presence.

This brings me to a common myth, and that is, if girls reject you it's always because you are not attractive enough, case closed. That is certainly true in many cases but it is also very true that even in the presence of attraction many North American women will reject you anyway (for the reasons mentioned). But really, this shouldn't be hard to believe, since people often resist their desires. And by extension, people often resist things that would be good for them and which they would enjoy, simply because it moves them out of their comfort zone.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

J.Adama wrote: I do take great pleasure in knowing that one day all of these American bitches who seek the impossible will turn 40 and become instantly worthless, no matter how pretty they are. Even 40 year old men dont want 40 year old women.
How true! Once a woman hit's 40 she is pretty much shit out of luck as far getting a rich guy. She will have to settle for who ever she can attract, no more doctors, lawyers or computer programers for her! She will have to settle for who ever she can find! Like Tom Leykis says, "men age like wine, women age like milk." LOL :lol:

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Jakob wrote:Number 2 is the most reasonable of the "cliches". I found it incredibly useful to focus on other things, both as a way to enrich myself, and to stop wasting time trying to navigate through a broken system.

There's one other cliche (sort of) and that is, all you need is confidence and a positive attitude. I can tell you that these qualities will not score points with most North American women, unless you somehow also fall into the proper channels, such as meeting through friends, etc. Most are too paranoid, uptight, and judgemental to accept a confident, sincere approach out in public places. And ditto for dressing well, and looking good. These things might get some attraction going (since attraction is biologically wired and therefore not a choice), but because of the societal indoctrination most women will reject you soon after (despite being attracted), or start putting up crazy resistance due to some perceived level of threat they feel in your presence.

This brings me to a common myth, and that is, if girls reject you it's always because you are not attractive enough, case closed. That is certainly true in many cases but it is also very true that even in the presence of attraction many North American women will reject you anyway (for the reasons mentioned). But really, this shouldn't be hard to believe, since people often resist their desires. And by extension, people often resist things that would be good for them and which they would enjoy, simply because it moves them out of their comfort zone.
I've come to realize the same thing. I always said it is because women are really intimidated by the men they find attractive enough to find attractive, if that makes any sense. They are also self saboteurs, with their low self esteem. When there is a chance of real closeness or intimacy, they will often run. This might have something to do with our culture turning them into sociopaths. This is hard to say.

This is only English speaking women though. I have been to Europe and Latin America and dated women (both "free" and P4P), and I have to say that there are no women as f***ed up as North American women (US and Canadian). No where else in this world will women like you one moment and then the next moment decide they've had enough of you.

I think there is some deep level of neuroses sent down to us all the way from Victorian England. There is a book we should have all read here. It is written by Thomas Ellis, called The Rantings of a Single Male. Anyhow, in the introduction, which you might be able to read for free on Amazon, he talks about his experience in Elementary school where the girl and boys would kiss in the coat closet. One day they got busted by the teacher. The teacher shamed them. Good girls dont do that. After that, all the boys still wanted to kiss in the closet. None of the girls would.

This kind of shit doesnt happen in France, Spain, Germany, Norway or even Feminazi Centrale - Sverige.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: 1) Tell me to work out and dress better, or get involved in some activities and clubs. I did all that but I was still treated like I was not even in the dating game. There are things you can join to meet women, but if you're not their type or they're not available, the best you're going to get is casual polite chit chat from them.
<snip>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_a ... activeness

Last edited by momopi on March 3rd, 2010, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

jamesbond wrote:
J.Adama wrote: I do take great pleasure in knowing that one day all of these American bitches who seek the impossible will turn 40 and become instantly worthless, no matter how pretty they are. Even 40 year old men dont want 40 year old women.
How true! Once a woman hit's 40 she is pretty much shit out of luck as far getting a rich guy. She will have to settle for who ever she can attract, no more doctors, lawyers or computer programers for her! She will have to settle for who ever she can find! Like Tom Leykis says, "men age like wine, women age like milk." LOL :lol:

That's probably not as true as it used to be. I see western men still falling all over themselves to marry some 40'ish fat ankled peroxide blonde with 2 grown kids who was probably "hot stuff" back in her day. This is why the shitty self entitled attitudes carry on way until they are into the "matron" stage.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great and accurate observations and insights guys! So true.

What I love about the members of this forum is that even though we all have different opinions, we share one common thing: We are all capable of thinking outside the box for ourselves. None of us is limited to thinking only what we've been "programmed" to think. The posts here are very evident of that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

A lot of these problems stem from two more erroneous assumptions ( and a few other things)

1) America is the only place in which to date and foreign countries and their women are not to be considered.
2) Demographics, economics and InterSex Looks Ratio ( Hurrah! I've coined a new term) are not factors to be considered at all. It is all a man's fault if he cannot get women.

( ILR) InterSex Looks Ratio is the number of good looking men vs. the number of good looking women within any given demographic region. In the US, I would give it 4:1 or so.

I.e. not only there are more younger men than younger women, but there are more good looking men vs. good looking women. In addition to that, the women believing that they are living in the richest country in the world and that everything is possible and with Hollywood pumping handsome, rich men through movies into the households 24/7, women want the best for themselves. And they believe they can get it! Erroneously that is.

Another factor to consider is how religious a place where you date is. It can be both an obstacle and a benefit depending, again, on the place.

In religious countries people are taught to be humble and down to earth. That goes for both men and women. One example is Saudi Arabia. Even though a country is rich, because of the strong religion, women there are taught to be humble and to be good wives and mothers. And one more thing- in religious countries women are usually virgins before they get married. Admittedly not all of them, but most of them. Too bad in Saudi you are not allowed to marry them unless you are a Muslim.

Here in the Philippines, most people are deeply religious especially outside of Manila and other large urban areas. So, the majority of women are virgins. They believe in marriage. There is no divorce. Also, I have read somewhere that 50% of Philippine women do not have a man be it husband, boyfriend, lover etc. The demographics are not on their side. The economics are also not on their side. So, the situation keeps them humble, friendly and yearning for love. And their expectations of men are also realistic. All good men with good jobs are taken.

Ironically, while Hollywood does average American men a catastrophic disfavor by showing US women unrealistic men that they purportedly deserve, it also advertises an American Male to foreign women. In Asia, any Western guy is Tom Cruise living in sunny Hollywood. Here in the Philippines people called me Al Pacino, Rambo, Paul McCartney and Bruce Willis. Not bad, huh?

Those of us who date wisely and globally and who think the whole world is our home can only laugh at the myopic nationalism of US men who run after a bunch of fat American women with two kids. They are living in a bygone era. But at the same time, we do not really want too many of them competing with us in our little paradises, do we?
Last edited by ladislav on March 24th, 2010, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Nate
Freshman Poster

Post by Nate »

ladislav wrote:A lot of these problems stem from two more erroneous assumptions ( and a few other things)

1) America is the only place in which to date and foreign countries and their women are not to be considered.
2) Demographics, economics and InterSex Looks Ratio ( Hurrah! I've coined a new term) are not factors to be considered at all. It is all a man's fault if he cannot get women.

( ILR) InterSex Looks Ratio is the number of good looking men vs. the number of good looking women within any given demographic region. In the US, I would give it 4:1 or so.

I.e. not only there are more younger men than younger women, but there are more good looking men vs. good looking women. In addition to that, the women believing that they are living in the richest country in the world and that everything is possible and with Hollywood pumping handsome, rich men through movies into the households 24/7, women want the best for themselves. And they believe they can get it! Erroneously that is.

Another factor to consider is how religious a place where you date is. It can be both an obstacle and a benefit depending, again, on the place.

In religious countries people are taught to be humble and down to earth. That goes for both men and women. One example is Saudi Arabia. Even though a country is rich, because of the strong religion, women there are taught to be humble and to be good wives and mother. And one more thing- in religious countries women are usually virgins before they get married. Admittedly not all of them, but most of them. Too bad in Saudi you are not allowed to marry them unless you are a Muslim.

Here in the Philippines, most people are deeply religious especially outside of Manila and other large urban areas. So, the majority of women are virgins. They believe in marriage. There is no divorce. Also, I have read somewhere that 50% of Philippine women do not have a man be it husband, boyfriend, lover etc. The demographics are not on their side. The economics are also not on their side. So, the situation keeps them humble, friendly and earning for love. And their expectations of men are also realistic. All good men with good jobs are taken.

Ironically, while Hollywood does average American men a catastrophic disfavor by showing US women unrealistic men that they purportedly deserve, it also advertises an American Male to foreign women. In Asia, any Western guy is Tom Cruise living in sunny Hollywood. Here in the Philippines people called me Al Pacino, Rambo, Paul McCartney and Bruce Willis. Not bad, huh?

Those of us who date wisely and globally and who think the whole world is our home can only laugh at the myopic nationalism of US men who run after a bunch of fat American women with two kids. They are living in a bygone era. But at the same time, we do not really want too many of them competing with us in our little paradises, do we?

Ladislav-

You are right on all counts I think. When I am back in the states, the men I talk to cannot even begin to imagine what an early 50's man like myself and expect as "normal" for living and access to women. I show them a picture of my girlfriend and they give me this
"you must be lying" look...they cannot even imagine living the kind of life that you or I might consider normal in our South Philippines hideouts....

Nate
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I posted the same stuff in the Zeitgeist Forum that I did in this thread. It is full of freethinkers who supposedly think outside the box. Yet some of them are claiming that dating abroad is no better than in the US. One guy from Sri Lanka, who has never even been to the US, thinks the US has a better dating scene than Sri Lanka! Sheesh that country must suck.

A few have concurred with my claims and experiences though, by reporting that their experiences in dating and meeting women were also far better overseas too.

Here is my thread in Zeitgeist Forum:http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/pos ... st&p=20802

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joo ... &id=235951

Look what an angry female there wrote. So typical.

Talon_Silvercloud wrote:
@WWu77
To Talon: Your long post would take hours for me to respond, it contains too much politically correct claptrap
Thats fine. Your post was probably the most sexist and ignorant thing I've read on this website, ever. Even beating some of the religion threads. If you want to call me politically correct, I'll take that as a compliment in comparison to yourself.

Nate
Freshman Poster

Endless Dating..What's the Point?

Post by Nate »

There may be men who like endless dating...but it hardly applies in much of the world, including the Philippines, where with most girls the term Courtship means a lot more. "recreational dating" is hardly an option in many places. What is endless dating...something like a subway to nowhere? I suspect most men are looking for a Mate, not a date....and are unsure about how to get a mate after dealing with the pric-teasing "dating" wenches in the USA. If one takes the time to know the place and the people...and learns how to show respect within the culture, the outcome begins to look a lot more sunny. A reliable and devoted companion in life sounds like a pretty good idea to me...I could give a rip about "dating" at this point...and even if I were to become single, the web of life would provide what I need...

I think the whole deal in the USA is really screwed up, including so called "dating"....and to think that going abroad to simply cure the dating "dysfunction" within the USA is an adequate destination, is delusional I think...the problem, and the solutions go far beyond that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Check out this awesome response from Asian Fanatics forum to my 7 point intro:

"hey Winston,

I looked on your Topics page at AsianFanatics and alot or all of the things you said are rather true about society in general. I've seen so many people say those things all the time about "how to improve yourself" and "become more well liked". It's true that alot of people are superficial and act fake. Heck, it's all over AF, or at least by many of them. A few comments:

3) I don't believe in lowering my standards either. I try to be realistic and going any lower isn't good enough. I just
wouldn't be happy enough. If someone was way out of my standards ... how could I ever settle to marry the person or even
stay with them for long??? Even short term ... I don't want to waste my time. If I'm gonna date someone ... I want to
enjoy it. Some people are sort of unrealistic and expect to find someone "perfect" and if you're lucky enough ... great,
but until then, they shouldn't think about it so much. When you find someone easy to like ... just go with the flow

Reality is, not everyone is rich, looks hot or has it all. I don't even have an iPod, blackberry, a car or an active cell phone right now

4) You're right. No one should have to wait years just to find decent people. If so ... something must seriously be wrong
with society, and whereever you've been

5) Again I agree. If a person completely stops trying ... it's possible to get no results. I'm not a flirty person but if I
like a girl ... I at least notice her (not that it means every girl I look at ... I'm attracted to. I could look at anyone.
It depends ...). I don't think it's that people have to stop looking. It all depends where you are, when and around who.

6) That's a good point. No one is needy or desperate to begin with, or at least shouldn't be. Most people didn't start as
an ace. Some people naturally had what attracted their friends / gf from an early start while others learned more by
experience. There's no shame in learning from experience. I think it's normal for everyone to feel frustrated and go
through a negative phase if things haven't worked out well after a while. The key is to learn from it, become and remain
confident and positive again

7) yeah, money alone isn't always the only thing they want in a man

I'll be skeptical before I ever listen to any PUA advice. "PUA elites" ... yawn.
Too many player wannabes around ... and pick up lines are a joke. Seriously. Never tried 'em. Don't think I ever will
The only way pick up lines could ever work is if she's already attracted. Then she'll act on them even if she doesn't think
they're that good. Fact is ... if she likes you, the pick up line doesn't really matter
yeah too many guys don't want to get in the friend zone. There are those it's okay ... and those you want to stay out of

For a while now ... I've had some interest in learning about other cultures and also want to travel sometime. Since I
want to travel in the future I think it's important to learn more about other cultures and languages, and also more about
women and dating overseas.

So a big thank you for making your website and best of luck on promoting the movement "