Early 30s Asian American from NYC here

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Early 30s Asian American here

Post by Winston »

Why is NYC a paradise for young single guys? The women there aren't approachable and have overly high standards. They think you're a creep if you approach them. So most guys cannot just go out and pick up girls. And at work, everything is all business, including the women. It's all about servitude to the system, not to human needs for connection or romance.

It's a no-win situation. There is no way for an average guy who is unwanted to satisfy his needs for love, romance, sex, companionship, etc. A man is powerless in those areas. Especially if he is too authentic and not fake enough to thrive in industrial society.

Sure the hate here may be extreme, but it is mostly justified. What is your solution to, for example, to this quadruple whammy?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24067
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
robinsoncrusoe
Freshman Poster

Re: Early 30s Asian American from NYC here

Post by robinsoncrusoe »

I agree with the overall mood of men here towards American women, but NYC is not nearly as bad as other cities are for AAs. It is a paradise for young single guys because there are more single women here than single men and you can date a woman from literally any country you want. That wouldn't be possible in less cosmopolitan cities.

Women here aren't approachable, you say? That's false. No more or less than women in other cities around the world Id say. And if you've built up something of a social circle while working/living here, its almost impossible not to meet women who are receptive to meeting you. I hate using PUA lingo but social proof is king here in NYC. Heck, it's king anywhere.

Do they have overly high standards? Maybe. It's NYC. Everybody here has high standards. But as with any city, women are going to prize certain attributes over others depending on that environment. NYC women like ambitious men. They like social outgoing guys. They like guys who are well put together. If you can be all of that, the playing field is a lot more level. It's the guys who know all of this and still refuse to put in the work that are frust rated with it. Being tall and good looking also helps and it doesn't matter if you're Asian or not.

Two men could say the exact same dirty things to a woman and one could be labeled a creep while the other is called naughty. It depends entirely on the girl, how you approach, the way you say it, etc. So many factors. It's retarded to get hung up on the details. If she calls you a creep, next her and move on.

It sounds like your mind is already made up Winston. You want a solution? Step up your game.

There are white dudes, black dudes, Hispanic dudes who show up in NYC looking their absolute best and being at the top of their games. They're fit, work hard, look good, and make money. Why on Earth would you think an average guy, Asian or otherwise, could walk into such a situation and find the same success as these guys who are better prepared?

The latest thing all the girls I know are talking about is the TV show Selfies. It stars an AA dude in the leading man role. The girls I know can't stop talking about how sexy they find him. It's obvious why: he plays a successful ad executive at the top of his game. He's well put together. This is the kinda shit that takes you far in NYC.
~~~~~~
If your environment isn't helping you succeed, change it or GTFO.
Travelin Man
Freshman Poster

Post by Travelin Man »

How does NYC compare to Hk (women, cost of living, jobs etc.)?
Begin with the end in mind
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Early 30s Asian American here

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:Why is NYC a paradise for young single guys? The women there aren't approachable and have overly high standards. They think you're a creep if you approach them. So most guys cannot just go out and pick up girls. And at work, everything is all business, including the women. It's all about servitude to the system, not to human needs for connection or romance.

It's a no-win situation. There is no way for an average guy who is unwanted to satisfy his needs for love, romance, sex, companionship, etc. A man is powerless in those areas. Especially if he is too authentic and not fake enough to thrive in industrial society.

Sure the hate here may be extreme, but it is mostly justified. What is your solution to, for example, to this quadruple whammy?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24067
NYC isn't that bad of a city for men, if you're young, attractive, and/or have money. There are substantially more women there than men, so a successful guy can basically jump woman to woman until he ages out of the game or the women he's attracting aren't in his ideal age bracket anymore.
robinsoncrusoe
Freshman Poster

Post by robinsoncrusoe »

Travelin Man wrote:How does NYC compare to Hk (women, cost of living, jobs etc.)?
Very comparable in terms of cost of living in all areas except for rent. HK's rent is ridiculously high and sometimes makes no sense.

NY's women blow HK's out of the water. Although Im not really happy with how big hipsterism has gotten in NYC nowadays...

I dont know about the jobs tbh. Ive never worked in NYC before. HK has everything in every field. Most jobs require you to know some Mandarin or Cantonese except for the expat jobs.
~~~~~~
If your environment isn't helping you succeed, change it or GTFO.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

I recently returned from Thailand and spent a few days in NYC after 3 years in Asia. I agree, NYC is probably the best or one of the best cities in the world. It simply blows Asian cities away in terms of entertainments, quality of everything, and cultural things to do.. Asian cities are pretty f***ing lame in comparison... I've been in Bangkok, Taipei, and Macau. You can truly find every type of people and language/culture in NYC. I would live there perhaps if it wasn't so expensive. I don't know about women there, I guess it wouldn't be that easy.. but you could always look for some FOB girls or import a girl over. Most Asian girls love the idea of America or living in NYC :)
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all