Women and How they value men's looks

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Women and How they value men's looks

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Do women prefer fat men to skinny men? Are skinny men below fat men on the female hierarchy, or are the fatties and skinnies just lumped together in a wad for rejection?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 29th, 2020, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

In some parts of the world, being fat is a sign of wealth and status, and chicks will gravitate more towards the fat than the skinny men.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

pandabear wrote:In some parts of the world, being fat is a sign of wealth and status, and chicks will gravitate more towards the fat than the skinny men.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

:D
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

jamesbond wrote:Image
If wonder if this was true, or if someone just found the picture somewhere and made up the meme?
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Well, thank goodness for the International Business Times

http://www.ibtimes.com/did-181-million- ... ax-1522938
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

newbgold wrote:Thank you for the reply.
I am beginning to see lately that the golden time of life called youth is getting sandwiched and squeezed, especially in US. On one hand, it takes longer for people to mature and to come of age. On the other hand, people especially women age much faster nowadays. I see lots of women in their late 20s who look like old grannies that gave birth to ten children. Just five years ago, people my age looked like "kids", but now they suddenly look "old". I see lots of Americans who are tired, worn-out, burned-out by life by their late 20s.
As for that woman, she still retains her youth and her beauty, but it is true that she seems tired and unhappy at too early of an age.
I know that Russia would help me solve all my problems with women. But I disagree with Russian politics and I oppose their current political order. Otherwise, I would have gone there in a heartbeat long ago.
My own opinion is that if you are taking your opinions about the current Russian regime from the western media, you are swallowing whole vile propaganda. I can't think of a single issue in which Putin and Russia have squared off against western pols where I haven't supported the Russian position -- Syria, Iran, Serbia, NATO expansion eastward, Georgia, a U.S. missile shield on the Russian border (yeah, right, we're protecting Europe from Iranian missiles), making sure that the normalization of homosexuality, if it's going to take place, isn't brought about the imposition of a top-down propaganda campaign by western elites. That emphatically includes the situation in Ukraine, in which the U.S. engineered a virulently anti-Russian neo-Nazi coup right on Russia's doorstep.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

newbgold wrote:Thank you guys again for your input.

I would not agree with you that the woman is hideous or a 2 by her looks. Not at all.
She is not overweight, rather, she is possibly underweight. She does not have a triple or quadruple chin, but rather, she has a skinny face. All those things don't make her ugly. In order for a young woman today to be ugly, she would need to have a BMI of over 50, have short balding hair, have a belly and butt that hang down halfway to the ground. That young woman is none of that.
And she is not a total monster by personality either. She has a rather nice and personable demeanor at times, although she seems to act like a self-centered b- as well. Many non-ugly American women tend to be much worse people.
It was just drilled into my head by the modern culture that I would not be worthy of her, by virtue of my own looks.
It was drilled into my head that only a man who is wealthy, jerky, harsh-looking, and tall would be considered acceptable by society to be worthy of her.
But I have hope that this would not be true outside of Anglo-sphere.

Onethousandknives, you are 100% correct about what you said about "hard" vs "soft" faces of men. I did notice that men that care considered "hot" tend to have very harsh faces and tend to scowl. The look that some of these "hot" men have is that of "don't dare to mess with me or I will blow you to pieces". They just have a look of a total jerk.
I would like to post this here more fully, but I am afraid that I might be censored and persecuted for posting this. But here goes... I think that all these Hollywood male superstars such as Brad Pitt look like complete jerks. Who knows, Brad Pitt may be a very friendly, caring, and gentle person in real life at home, but the expression on his face is that of a total asshole. And that is why he is considered to be the quintessence of male handsomeness and attractiveness. And it seems to me that for the last 30-33 years, Hollywood and corporate media perpetuate the ideal of the harsh, jerky, insensitive male look as most desirable. Worse, they force women and others to believe that such a look as the only one that is attractive. After three decades of propaganda, women have been conditioned to accept such an edgy expression as the best. This is a far cry from the more liberated 1970s, with movies like "Annie Hall", when Woody Allen's sensitive and caring character with a "soft" face could easily attract a decent-looking woman like Diane Keaton's character. There were indeed times in US when being a harsh man was not so necessary to score with women. I think that feminism contributed only a small portion to the frustrating current state with women. I think that there are other, more powerful forces more at play in the current situation. But I could be persecuted if I discuss this further.

I know that my own facial expression is "soft". And that is a minus when it comes to attracting women. Is there something that I can do to obtain a "harder" looking facial expression?
Honestly, man, there are so many women who are put off and/or intimidated by the hard look. They want a friendly face. Your data sample just isn't nearly large enough.

And you probably don't want anything to do with women who are looking for thuggish, hard qualities.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

hammanta wrote:To the op,

I'm not gonna reiterate what others have said but this: You gotta start pumping the iron. I know this is gonna come off as broscience but 145lbs at 5'10" is a rather unhealthy look. You are an average looking guy (by no means a 3) that could benefit from gaining a solid 20-30lbs of muscle. Not only will it help your looks but your confidence will improve so much. I'd start reading up on some of the latest fitness articles. I'm a powerlifter now so I know the legit stuff but there's a lot bs out there so be careful. You will just have to do your research and talk to knowledgeable people.

I graduated high school at 5'9" 145lbs. I started hitting the weights and in a year or so time I went up to 175lbs with similar body fat levels. I'm at 190lbs with about 12% body fat now at age 25. A good fit body usually matters more to women than a quality face. It truly is amazing when I have people tell me that haven't seen me in years say "wow you got jacked, or you look amazing." You have no idea what that will do for your confidence.

On a side note, you may want to join a cause or get into something on the side to give you a purpose and meet people. Taking classes or volunteering are good ways to better yourself. I volunteer with 2 different organizations and have met some awesome people and women to boot. Those two a lone have saved me from some dark moments in life by simply providing me a purpose, and killing those lonely times as they keep be pretty busy. Free time is one of the worst things to have when you feel lonely or depressed.
Agreed. All you need to do on the badboy front is start hitting the steel. Stay friendly, but get strong, and you'll see results.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
newbgold wrote: I know that Russia would help me solve all my problems with women. But I disagree with Russian politics and I oppose their current political order. Otherwise, I would have gone there in a heartbeat long ago.
My own opinion is that if you are taking your opinions about the current Russian regime from the western media, you are swallowing whole vile propaganda. I can't think of a single issue in which Putin and Russia have squared off against western pols where I haven't supported the Russian position -- Syria, Iran, Serbia, NATO expansion eastward, Georgia, a U.S. missile shield on the Russian border (yeah, right, we're protecting Europe from Iranian missiles), making sure that the normalization of homosexuality, if it's going to take place, isn't brought about the imposition of a top-down propaganda campaign by western elites. That emphatically includes the situation in Ukraine, in which the U.S. engineered a virulently anti-Russian neo-Nazi coup right on Russia's doorstep.
Ditto to Prof. Jackson.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
Stay friendly, but get strong....
Definitely un bon mot.

+1
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Stay friendly, but get strong....
Definitely un bon mot.
+1
Here is a video that supports your point of view

Although one-half of the people reacting to him were men. Becoming a muscle would also help if you were considering going bisexual.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Apparently, if you over-do it, then you'll get ONLY gay men.