Social isolation in Asian-American men

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Social isolation in Asian-American men

Post by RickyRetardo »

Do you think it's a bigger problem than for other demographics? Why or why not?

Only a small percentage of Americans are of Asian descent and despite years of progress by the civil rights movement, America to me seems like a very racially-charged country with all kinds of neurotic fixations on race, to a degree that I feel that there must be at least several thousand Asian guys who may feel that they can't even function in this society due to not being taken seriously.
Let's get together and feel alright.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Re: Social isolation in Asian-American men

Post by Jonny Law »

Open your eyes asshole,

-Newsflash-
Asian people have the most income and success of anybody!
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/09/ ... he-lowest/

Hey if society is oppressing Asians, sign me up and I too will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Thanks and enjoy :)
RickyRetardo wrote:Do you think it's a bigger problem than for other demographics? Why or why not?

Only a small percentage of Americans are of Asian descent and despite years of progress by the civil rights movement, America to me seems like a very racially-charged country with all kinds of neurotic fixations on race, to a degree that I feel that there must be at least several thousand Asian guys who may feel that they can't even function in this society due to not being taken seriously.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

If you're feeling lonely, I'll send you some nudes.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Jonny Law,

Social isolation I think he meant by dating. It;s also a stereotype to say that Asian American guys are all doing well economical . I met blue collar Asian American guys..but the challenges that Asian American guys get is in the dating market. There are good portion of Asian American women who don't want to date us and it's not a good endorsements for us Asian men. I seem and met more single Asian American guys in comparison to other ethnic groups. They have decent jobs but there is racism in the dating market. The only choice is to work 10 times harder than the next guy to get a girl .