Winston's core differences with Taiwanese people

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: That's so shallow. This is NOT about looks. It's about something far deeper. I am not that bad looking. And that guy is not that good looking either. Personality counts too you know.
With girls, how important are "looks" to you?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:This point that he made about me was interesting:
Hence, for an Asian to look at an Asian face and realizing that the "software" inside is totally different equates to "crazy". There is NOTHING you can do about it. So, I can emphasize with Winston: it's a terribly difficult task to sell yourself as an "American" with an Asian face.
For some reason, I seem to repel people in Taiwan. Something in my personality and vibe turns off Taiwanese people who are not elderly. Only elderly people seem comfortable talking to me. It makes me feel like a total nimcompoop. I wondered if it was because I'm too assertive and outspoken. Or too outgoing and confident. Or that I'm not shy and introverted like I'm expected to be?

Either way, I definitely get the sense that Taiwanese hate me when I'm near them, or get weird out by me, even when I do nothing wrong. They just hate who I am deep down for some reason. I feel a vibe of dislike from them, as though they hate the fact that I'm not conservative and shy like they are or something. I can't explain it any other way.

The only people that want to talk to me and hang out seem to be western expats, Filipinos and Indonesians here. And elderly Taiwanese of course. Even my cousins avoid me and never invite me anywhere. In a way I feel more ostracized in Taiwan than I ever did in the states. It's like the Twilight Zone here. You'd swear that something nonnatural is happening to me here. It does not seem natural at all.

Maybe the guy above has a point. Perhaps Taiwanese do not like seeing a Chinese person with a white personality/mind, or "software" he described it above?

Or is there more?

Perhaps all the whoring I've done in my life has created a "different vibe or aura" around me that people can pick up instinctually, even if they don't know any facts about me, and so that repels them? After all, a man's karma can be felt from his aura or energy field. So maybe that's it?

I don't know, but I've never felt as ignored and estranged from society as I do from Taiwan. There must be something unnatural going on, since other expats here don't complain about the same things I do. And no travel blogs about Taiwan report about the people being cold or antisocial, despite the fact that Taiwanese admit that they do not talk to strangers easily.

Out in public, I don't see one smile or nod from any non-elderly person. EVER. People here are 100 PERCENT COLD to me here.

So how come only I notice this while all the other Taiwan blogs seem oblivious to this? That is the oddest mystery I've ever seen. A BIG MYSTERY that makes no sense. Am I the only sane normal person, or the only insane person?

I feel like I'm either in the Twilight Zone, Truman Show, or God is playing a bad trick on me. None of this adds up.
Winston

Here are some theories for what you are experiencing in Taiwan:

1. Perhaps you obsess too much about being a banana (yellow on the outside, white on the inside). Individual characteristics count for a lot more here. This is the 21st Century and everyone is wired, connected, and generally aware. Being white, yellow, or black or some sort of inner/outer mix is not a big deal anymore.

2. Could your lifestyle be a blatant affront to your cousins’ values causing them to ostracize you?

a. Family: you have a child but don’t marry the mother and live like a playboy

b. Work ethic: you are unemployed in their eyes and take money from your parents

c. Status: you date poor dark-skinned girls from a country which supplies Taiwan w/domestics and factory workers

d. Humility: you openly and explicitly contrast yourself to them w/ the clear implication that they are flawed and unhealthy and your way is superior

3. You may very well be emanating a repulsive or creepy vibe (Beavis and Butthead, lol). A lot of time spent in SE Asian countries where every girl seems to be on the menu can do this. I had a Chinese friend who repelled a lot of my gal pals. When I asked them what was wrong, they would come-up with all kinds of bizarre explanations – he stares at my chest, he looks drunk, he seems like a pervert, etc. Bottom-line, they just thought he was weird in a bad way.

4. Young attractive Taiwan girls have choices. There is no shortage of available men or money here. Naturally, you need to stand-out in some way to get a decent chance with some of them. This could be through social skills (good game or naturally attractive personality), contacts and networks, or superior conditions (looks, family status, wealth). Smiles and eye contact alone will get you very little if you have none of the above.

5. Elderly the only nice people? I remember you said before that middle aged people here were friendly to you. Has that changed? Perhaps some of the older folks have broadened their perspective with years and are finally more open. When you look back, you figure out a lot of society’s narrow world views and limitations are just unnecessary BS. And from a more practical stand-point, elderly people are more likely to be bored and lonely. They have no job and their children are grown-up and independent. I run into friendly middle-aged and senior people too. They are very refreshing.

6. Don’t feel too bad. Be grateful you have choices. Out of 200 or so countries in the world, there must be a place which fits WWu well. You really should give LatAm a shot at some stage.
Last edited by Rock on June 2nd, 2010, 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: Maybe the guy above has a point. Perhaps Taiwanese do not like seeing a Chinese person with a white personality/mind, or "software" he described it above?
Or is there more?
It's called a double standard. There is no mystery. If you looked like 吳彥祖 (Daniel Wu, ABC), your cousins would probably parade you to their friends. "Hot bait" doesn't have to be Caucasian, and the "right gene pool" for reproduction doesn't have to be 4-eyes Taiwanese engineer.

That's so shallow. This is NOT about looks. It's about something far deeper. I am not that bad looking. And that guy is not that good looking either. Personality counts too you know.
Winston

Please get real. If someone wants to wing things in Taiwan with just smiles and eye contact, this type of look is the ticket.

Daniel Wu when he was 20 something was close to ideal for many East Asian girls - tallish, slim but muscled and toned, light skinned, and a compact model type face with a high nose; also the look preferred by many higher class Thai girls who trace their ancestry to China.

Americanized East Asians who look like this, are resident here, and put in some work can get action like Edison Chen.

Perhaps its shallow, but don't you think its reality. Moreover, when it comes to looks, aren't most men even more shallow??? Ask yourself, would you be satisfied with a below average or even average looking gal who had an outstanding personality based on your own standards?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: Americanized East Asians who look like this, are resident here, and put in some work can get action like Edison Chen.
:lol:

Speaking of which Edison Chen _was_ a normal CBC guy who got scouted in a Hong Kong nightclub and then started doing commercials and films.

Honestly in Asia all you really need is a decent trendy look and a good social entourage. If you dress well, maintain good hygiene, and are socially in tune it's not difficult at all to work your way into a social group with plenty of women. The problem is this sort of socializing takes effort and if you hate nightclubs (like I do) it tends to be a chore since that's where most of the people meet up to have fun.

I've seen older Thai men that look worse than Winston who manage to score unbelievable looking young hotties who are second wives and such. Then again they could be Thai police chiefs or Army colonels for all I know but they seem to get by pretty well. It's the same story for some of the younger Thai guys i've seen..the guys look pretty lame but they seem to do alright with the women as well.

Then again these men are very much in tune with the social and cultural scene and probably have a decent amount of money to live a lifestyle that involves hanging out in areas with lots of normal pretty young women.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

For reference: 陳冠希 (Edison Chen, CBC):

范逸臣 (Van Fan) from Cape No. 7, he's Taiwanese aborigine from 阿美族 (Amis) tribe:

Cape No. 7 Movie:

Er, please support our tiny Taiwanese film industry by purchasing this movie instead of downloading it from BT:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/cape-no-7 ... /info.html
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston's core differences with Taiwanese people

Post by Winston »

Fundamental core differences between me and typical Taiwanese:

1) They are attracted to familiarity and are closed in nature, which they will happily admit to. But I am drawn to novelty and am open minded.
2) They are practical and pragmatic. I am more philosophical and live in the world of ideas.
3) They live to work, literally, and to make a living. I do not. They have no purpose or passion outside of that. But I do.
4) I love to flirt and charm women like a romantic Casanova or Romeo. They see guys who do that as creepy, dirty and freaky. In fact, flirtation is a bad word in the Chinese language I'm told.
5) They are like sheeple and try to think and be like everyone else. I think for myself.

Note that the above is not my imagination. Taiwanese women and even many Chinese women, will admit that the above is true. They are not ashamed to be closed, closed minded or practical. I don't know why.

The above explain why I'm not in my element in Taiwan, and why I get a negative vibe from people, because I can't be myself. Deep down they sense that I'm different and do not like what I am, even if I try to act like them.

I act too carefree, open, passionate, philosophical and intellectual for a Taiwanese. That probably weirds them out. Taiwanese women don't like people who are too different.

I care more about deep truth than about conforming. That makes me a misfit in Taiwan and the collective soul of Taiwan can feel it. So they send me bad vibes.

I also don't act repressed, so they probably see me as too open or inappropriately relaxed from their relative vantage point.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Yeah nothing new here. Winston the Casanova lifestyle does not fit almost anywhere. Try Pattaya man. You should not miss this city. I think it´s time again for you to have fun and Pattaya is a fun city. :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Billy wrote:Yeah nothing new here. Winston the Casanova lifestyle does not fit almost anywhere. Try Pattaya man. You should not miss this city. I think it´s time again for you to have fun and Pattaya is a fun city. :lol:
What do you mean? A large percentage of men are casanovas in Russia, Philippines and Latin America. It's well documented. That's why it's hard to find a monogamous man there. The women there will tell you that.

However even if I'm not a Casanova but a marriage minded man, how can you get a wife in Taiwan? The women are cold and distant, and when they make friends with you they are very platonic. There's no way to escalate a relationship or create chemistry. No logical way that I can see. It's much easier to find a solution to rubiks cube. Lol

Their mentality is also very negative, judgmental and critical. They are always looking for faults and reasons to dislike other people. How in God's name are you supposed to build chemistry or connection with that kind of personality? Wtf? It's seemingly impossible and illogical.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Geezes Winston, stop blaming things on the society when things don't go your way. For your record, I am also an Asian American, and I can get dates everyday in Taiwan, sometimes two dates a day. What does that meant? It means the problem is not them, it's YOU.

Rock already spelled out what your problems are. You look like a fat uncle. If I were a Taiwanese girl, I would not date you either. Again, go back and read Rock's post again before you continuing on this blaming game.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Winston yes you can live the Casanova lifestyle in Russia and Latin Amerika but you have to pay the price. Criminality and other problems in these countries. That´s why we try SOA.

Mr. Blue and Rock are right too. Besides of your weight. You are older now like me too. We are no more that attractive like in the past. Even if you became lean you are still on the older side. And Taiwan and other rich SOA countries the girls go obviously for the young good looking guys. what do you expect? As I said same in Japan with the herbivore man. In every rich country it´s almost the same problems with the women.

You simply can not compete with other man and entitlement. Why are you saying the same thing since years. We already heard it and know it. You have to go to the poor countries. There is no other choice. Look at Mr. Blue even he is good looking he has to go to the shithole manila as the othere options in the matter of girls are worse.

So why are you still beating the dead horse?

Maybe you like to find the impossible solution. :) then keep it going mate, but see Pattaya :mrgreen:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrBlueLight wrote:Geezes Winston, stop blaming things on the society when things don't go your way. For your record, I am also an Asian American, and I can get dates everyday in Taiwan, sometimes two dates a day. What does that meant? It means the problem is not them, it's YOU.

Rock already spelled out what your problems are. You look like a fat uncle. If I were a Taiwanese girl, I would not date you either. Again, go back and read Rock's post again before you continuing on this blaming game.
You're a bullshitter. Show us your photo. If you were an attractive guy you would not even be on here. If you could get hot Taiwanese girls then you wouldn't have gone to Philippines. Also there's no way you could get dates everyday because nearly all Taiwanese girls are only available on weekends. They are very busy on weekdays. Everyone familiar with Taiwan knows that. So what you claim is impossible.

BUSTED!!!!!

You will receive a warning for bullshitting. I'm tired of white guys bullshitting all the time.

Fyi rock told me he has given up on Taiwan. This means he admits that I'm right about it.

You don't know Jack shit about Taiwan. You have zero pics to prove any of your bullshit claims too.

Also looks can't matter in Taiwan because lots if ugly nerdy guys have cute girlfriends in Taiwan. If you knew anything about Taiwan you'd know that it's not a place for open minded people. It's a place for workaholic. Most Taiwanese women admit to being closed minded and closed with people. So that's not my fault you asshole.

Did you read what the guys on Facebook said? They all said I was right and that the problem is Taiwanese because what I described about them is true and accurate.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/865979777 ... f=bookmark

Also if the problem is me then how come Taiwan has the lowest birthrate in all of Asia? Dumbass.

Taiwan is not exactly open and normal and sane and fun. So don't pretend that there's nothing wrong with it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Billy wrote:Winston yes you can live the Casanova lifestyle in Russia and Latin Amerika but you have to pay the price. Criminality and other problems in these countries. That´s why we try SOA.

Mr. Blue and Rock are right too. Besides of your weight. You are older now like me too. We are no more that attractive like in the past. Even if you became lean you are still on the older side. And Taiwan and other rich SOA countries the girls go obviously for the young good looking guys. what do you expect? As I said same in Japan with the herbivore man. In every rich country it´s almost the same problems with the women.

You simply can not compete with other man and entitlement. Why are you saying the same thing since years. We already heard it and know it. You have to go to the poor countries. There is no other choice. Look at Mr. Blue even he is good looking he has to go to the shithole manila as the othere options in the matter of girls are worse.

So why are you still beating the dead horse?

Maybe you like to find the impossible solution. :) then keep it going mate, but see Pattaya :mrgreen:
Not exactly Billy.

1. Most Taiwanese guys are ugly and nerdy and narrow minded. Many Taiwanese women will tell you this. It's one of their complaints and why they go for western guys. However most western guys in Taiwan are low quality losers so they don't exactly like their choices there either.

So looks obviously doesn't matter that much in Taiwan. It's all about familiarity and connection. Rock and I have tons of pics of ugly nerdy Taiwanese guys with attractive girls.

2. I do date some Taiwanese women who are in their 30s and 40s. So my age is not an issue with them since I'm dating women closer to my age.

The problem is that there is no way to escalate anything with them or seduce them or get intimate. If I invite them to a hotel they say no. If I try to kiss them they only allow it on the cheek.

I know an older lady that likes me and calls me a lot and gives me gifts when we meet. Yet when I ask her to spend the night with me she always has an excuse or says she's not that type of woman. How do you explain that? I've known her for many years too, so familiarity shouldn't be an issue with her.

The only woman I scored with is a mainland Chinese lady but she wasn't really my type. I was just desperate.

So consider all the above too.

How do you explain the fact that Taiwan has one of the lowest birthrates in the world? What does that tell you?

green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

He is just telling you that you should move out "on the Taiwan negativity regarding women".

The real thing is you don't feel validated there so going to places like Pattaya can help.

Why bother asking questions about women who don't give you the chance?
They don't want...they don't want...case closed.
You tried..you failed.
Nerdy guys or whatever...they find their way..good for them.
They weren't,they aren't and they won't date you.
Read your last years Taiwan rants..it's the same story over and over.

It would be good if you got a more positive and offensive attitude by traveling in the region and bring back some of your observations.

As myself,i prefer 1000 times being in Pattaya,even paying for it than struggling like shit back home and getting humiliated in discos,on dating website just because i take the stance"to get it free"or i want to succeed where i cannot.

These women in Taiwan are "happy"in their life.
If they were so unhappy they would move or try to change things.
The reality is that they keep what they have..don't push for a change..would almost never say to you hello in the street with a big smile or to another guy and escalate the seduction process.
That's how they work and as i said some years ago,you can spin in your head 10000 times the story,you would still confront the same situation.

Be practical,if you have the money,the health condition,just move out because our lifespan actually is not in hundreds years,so even months count.

By going to Pattaya,Billy has done the right thing.
He made the move and saw if he felt in his place.

He could have cried all over against German women or critizice the horniness of Turkish men for decades..for what?

Life is too short to complain..as Billy is banging chicks there i'm in front of my computer in Paris and you are in Taiwan complaing.

I know i'm going soon to Thailand and i was there many times,so i don't feel like i'm waisting my time here but if i had no other chances to get away,i would certainly explode.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote: I can get dates everyday in Taiwan, sometimes two dates a day.
LOL....This guy can get date everyday in Taiwan...if that's not enough sometimes two.....f**ck yeah :D :D

If ever there is a contest of BS'ers of the Month....Americans would sweep the award by a long shot... sometimes I'm having difficulty in diffirentiating between being called an American or being called Delusional :D :D
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Me thinks winston complains too much

Ffs why do you go to TW in the first place, you know you not gona score there,its a tough place to be a player even for young good looking guys.

Cut the crap and go to some poor country and have fun, its been said many times women who have jobs and money are more selective, in their eyes you are not good enough.

Theres no place on this planet where 40 old ugly fat man could score easyly without paying