American culture is all about beer and football.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

American culture is all about beer and football.

Post by Temprano26 »

When I came back from Costa Rica, that seemed to be the culture in Texas - drinking beer and watching football. I never gave a damn about football so I was always disconnected from it and then people wonder why I am so wrapped up in Costa Rica. Costa Rica is obsessed with soccer but at least the women are warm and receptive. Here I go to bars to watch basketball alone and as always nobody cares that I exist. It is about the same as drinking a bottle of tequila and just watching at home buzzed. Going out drinking is a ****ing waste of time and money because the social scene is mostly trash and going out alone is that much worse.

Most people are OK with a beer and football culture but I am not. They don't realize this and they expect me to be stuck here my whole life.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: American culture is all about beer and football.

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Temprano26 wrote:When I came back from Costa Rica, that seemed to be the culture in Texas - drinking beer and watching football. I never gave a damn about football so I was always disconnected from it and then people wonder why I am so wrapped up in Costa Rica. Costa Rica is obsessed with soccer but at least the women are warm and receptive. Here I go to bars to watch basketball alone and as always nobody cares that I exist. It is about the same as drinking a bottle of tequila and just watching at home buzzed. Going out drinking is a ****ing waste of time and money because the social scene is mostly trash and going out alone is that much worse.

Most people are OK with a beer and football culture but I am not. They don't realize this and they expect me to be stuck here my whole life.
I don't know how old you are, but back in the 80s and early 90s, we played STREET T-A-C-K-L-E football. That was the last bastion of masculinity growing up before N64 and Sega really took off, insurance liability, media-propagated paranoia, and political correction had enSUEd.

In Street football in The Bronx & Queens, we tackled people into parked cars and on the concrete: pieces skin from the knee missing a couple of layers....ripped up clothing from scathing the concrete in the street.....bloody noses.....dented up cars from tackling other dudes RIB-CHECKING THEM into the car. That s.hit was awesome! You Gen-Y motherf.uckers don't know anything about that but downloading apps to only dream of what us Gen-X'ers did back then.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Let me put my testerone on ice for minute: I hear you, temprano26; I understand that you are living in a world of solipsism, not because you don't give a f.uck if anybody else exists, but because you are "TFL'ed" into it. #TrueForcedLoneliness

You know what to do in order to get it together. Even with the limited amount of Spanish you speak, I WOULD STILL go down there if I were you. You got the gringo look...that works wonders when it comes to colorism in Mexico. JUST DO IT #NIKE
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 9th, 2020, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Ive slowly phased out American sports out of my life as well....Ive completely phased out basketball and baseball (and i was a big baseball fan) and ive watched less American football this season....Ive actually started following European football more than American sports in general....I love a good whiskey and wont give that up....

Temprano26....what are you doing right now to make it back to Latin America???
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

It's that

or that

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:I don't know how old you are, but back in the 80s and early 90s, we played STREET T-A-C-K-L-E football. That was the last bastion of masculinity growing up before N64 and Sega really took off, insurance liability, media-propagated paranoia, and political correction had enSUEd.

In Street football in The Bronx & Queens, we tackled people into parked cars and on the concrete: pieces skin from the knee missing a couple of layers....ripped up clothing from scathing the concrete in the street.....bloody noses.....dented up cars from tackling other dudes RIB-CHECKING THEM into the car. That s.hit was awesome! You Gen-Y motherf.uckers don't know anything about that but downloading apps to only dream of what us Gen-X'ers did back then.
I don't know how old you are (late 30s to early 40s I suppose) but you hit it in the head. Given the amazing(ly non-existent) sports facilities we have in any non-major Italian town, the only places to play football for free for a bunch of kids are a street or, in some lucky cases, a parking lot. My knees and lower legs also remember those rough tumbles on patchy black asphalt and WW2-era stone pavement edges.

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

High 5, Temprano. I also don't give a shit about football.

I used to live in Chicago, and every time I told somebody that I was from Chicago, they asked the same questions: "Are you a Bulls fan?" "Are you a Bears fan?"
As if Chicago has nothing to offer other than sports. Now that I live in Wisconsin, all I hear people talking about is Packers this, Packers that. Give it a rest already, people.