Mexico 2015 Travel Plans

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
drealm
Junior Poster

Mexico 2015 Travel Plans

Post by drealm »

In 2015 I want to fly to Mexico. I will pick one city and stay there for about 11 days. I will try to make three trips like this throughout the year.

My goal is to find someone in that city and start a long term relationship.

If I'm successful in meeting someone I'll keep visiting them. If I don't meet anyone I'll move onto another city.

I need help picking a good Mexican city to do this in.

My criteria from most to least important for a good Mexican city is:

1. Low tourist %
2. High % of European blood in locals
3. Less travel time
4. Old architecture

I don't care about travel cost.

Here is some research I've gathered on following cities:

Based on this criteria I'm leaning towards La Paz.

Does anyone think there is a better Mexican city?
Last edited by drealm on December 8th, 2014, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Help Me Choose Mexican City

Post by Jester »

GREAT OP, THANKS!

LaPaz is the place for you think, based on Whiteness, Gringo-friendliness, ease of travel.

Is it really only "moderate" for tourism? I would think MORE gringo tourism in La Paz than in Guanajuato for example. But maybe Guanajuato would have more OVERALL tourism, since it is such a beautiful place.

In any case, some other accessible places with almost NO gringo tourists, and gorgeous leggy European-blood girls, are Mexicali in Baja Norte, and Hermosillo in Sonora, and Culiacan in Sinaloa.

Dont know why you even included Valle de Bravo on the list. Although close to the D.F., the state of Mexico is known for having some of the ugliest women in Mexico.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I'm thinking about reevaluating my criteria. I placed "less travel time" 3rd and "old architecture" 4th. The thing is if a city isn't built for socializing then random encounters won't happen.

If you look at La Paz on a map there's really just one socializing corridor and this is the board walk. This is similar to Ensenada. There also don't appear to be too many restaurants along the board walk.

On the other hand if you look at any colonial city they have a nexus of parks, plazas and markets spread all over the city. If you want to create situations where you opportunely run into women it strikes me as important to pick an older city. My experience in Tijuana was that no such place existed.

What are your thoughts on this Jester? You approach women in public and I don't. Do you think women will give better responses in an ugly city with no benches, parks or plazas for people to sit down on and rest (like tijuana)? Or do you think women will respond better in a slower paced area with colonial architecture? I don't know. What is your guess?

I was told La Paz is moderate from people who've been there. In doing the flight research I can see why. It's not convenient to fly to. There are direct flights there but they take over 8 hours and require a stop over in Mexico city. Anyone who wants to go there for the beach can fly other places quicker and cheaper. Or if you want to take the route I'm considering you need to stop an an airport that is 2.5~4 hours away and take a bus there.

Guanajuato has a lot of European tourism but little American tourism.

I have a very hard time believing Mexicali has less tourists since it's a border city.

Hermosillo apparently has low tourists but the architecture is modern so my concern as is that there won't be social street opportunities.

Culicacan is probably similar genetically to Hermosillo but I was told the cartel violence there is very high since it's home to the Sinaloa cartel.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I've added some more cities, subtracted others and reranked some existing.

Here is new list. Thoughts?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

drealm wrote:
The thing is if a city isn't built for socializing then random encounters won't happen.

If you look at La Paz on a map there's really just one socializing corridor and this is the board walk. This is similar to Ensenada. There also don't appear to be too many restaurants along the board walk.

On the other hand if you look at any colonial city they have a nexus of parks, plazas and markets spread all over the city. If you want to create situations where you opportunely run into women it strikes me as important to pick an older city. My experience in Tijuana was that no such place existed.

What are your thoughts on this Jester? You approach women in public and I don't. Do you think women will give better responses in an ugly city with no benches, parks or plazas for people to sit down on and rest (like tijuana)? Or do you think women will respond better in a slower paced area with colonial architecture? I don't know. What is your guess?
I think this a +1 classic observation you have made here, about "Architecture and Urban Planning for Meeting The Opposite Sex"....... Ensenada IS linear as you say, with little contact with strangers except in the tourist shops at the harbor, where it is too commercial to get far, Yes, slow-paced strolls are good, but thats usually going to be MILF's. For the young honeys, i think they're likely to be at the mall. But you might find Miss 19-year-old WITH her mother at the park with three younger siblings, and to me that would be a perfect pickup situation. Miss 19 will have no fear. Mami will be sizing you up and giving her daughter a chance to receive some attention, Mami will also carry the conversation and flirt with you herself perhaps, and the little siblings might be like a pet dog, easy to use to open up conversation. So I suppose more young honeys in twos and threes at the mall, but perhaps easier to meet in the park IF Daddy is not around. An old picturesque twon, if it is fullof shops, might combine the benefits of mall and park.

SO maybe Guanajuato, yeah. BUT you do have the tourists there. I have thought about Morelia or Queretaro, but those are actual cities with industry etc, not like Guanajuato.

I did meet a BEAUTIFUL stripper from Morelia, in TJ. Slender, pure European.

Re Culiacan, yes thats narco central, but its not the crazy Zetas gang, and you'll be okay unless you try to pick up a girl who's with a narco in a club or something. Probably safer than TJ, and as you saw TJ wasn't unsafe at all, just noisy and crowded.

What has FSchmidt told you about Xalapa? In the hills down near Veracruz I think. I heard from someone else that women there were hot.

Actually GDL and the DF should be considered due to major airports. DF has Tlaquepaque or whatever, the cool artsy district, Europeans have moved there for example. Nice but not snobby. Cathedrals, museums etc. Hipster/alt rock vibe I think, not sure. (I know someone from there). Coffeehouses etc. Some parts of the DF also have bike rental, the kind you dop off and pick up.

GDL has a chain of coffeehouse/bookstore/libraries that I thought would be interesting. NOTHING like that in TJ or Ensenada, I'm sure. The city also offers easy moped or scooter rentals, again not the whole city but the cool parts I guess.

But there are LOTS of cities in Mexico that are like 500000 population, an old colonial downtown, in the mountainous central part of the country, starting from GDL and south and east of there.

I think also if YOU like the place, architecture, climate, activities etc, then it will be the "vibe" or "aura" you will emit while there will make you more approachable. If you're in a place interesting to you, noone will wonder why youre there, they wont classify you as a sex tourist. And asking girls for directions to the museum or cathedral would be a natural.

Actually Guanajuato is a conservative town, very Catholic, so it wouldnt be a classic pickup spot. But social conservatism actually might appeal to you.

The ENTIRE state of Jalisco is known for beautiful White women with a down-to-earth attitude. GDL is part of it, but Jalisco's Alta Plana( to the north and west of GDL I think) has the same rep for women. Lots of French blood. And no tourists. But now again we are etting into time on the bus.

Probably you should look at Mexicali on the web. Its a big city with business, state government offices and universities full of women. Much Whiter than Ensenada (I see the difference in the tourists who come to Ensenada from there). My gf visited and kept complaining about the "low-class" people at the beach at my house. But walking down at low tide, to a slightly more upscle resort, she flt more at home. Mexicali folks, getting out of the summer heat. I wouldnt try Mexicali or Tecate in the hot months, noone will come out, and those who can leave, do. The problem is tat even Mexicali may not be old enough for you, even though it is probably the first city in Baja.

Tecate is a minor tourist destination, both for the famous brewery and for its park and central square, which is exactly as you described. Also it would be easy to get to. I guess you could try that along with Mexcali if goingfor proximity.

But final thought, I DO think you are right to pick a place you like and would enjoy walking around. IMO thats very very important. I am looking forward to getting back to my fantastic beach house in Ensenada for example, but as far as a place to meet people or enjoy a cafe district its not the best place.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Okay we'll see what happens. I'm still undecided about what place. I think I will pick a city this coming week and buy a ticket.

fschmidt told me about Xalapa. He said if I go there I die.
drealm
Junior Poster

Mexico Dating Strategy

Post by drealm »

I want to brainstorm ideas for meeting women in Mexico with a small amount of time. I will only have 9 days to make a connection.

Here are my ideas:

1. Get drunk every night with Mexican men in bars. If I get drunk with them maybe one of them will introduce me to someone they know.

2. Make posters at a local university for hiring female spanish speaking tutors.

3. Sit in a park and hope women make eye contact with me. If they make eye contact with me I can ask them questions.

Last time I made an ad in a newspaper and had women call me. I didn't get many responses and the ones I did get were mostly desperate women.

Any other ideas?
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

Why not ,los altos de jalisco?
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mexico Dating Strategy

Post by droid »

9 days is NOTHING.
2. Make posters at a local university for hiring female spanish speaking tutors.
Instead, BE the English tutor. That's what I'll do here in SA. But this takes more time of course.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 4th, 2020, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Jester wrote:The ENTIRE state of Jalisco is known for beautiful White women with a down-to-earth attitude. GDL is part of it, but Jalisco's Alta Plana( to the north and west of GDL I think) has the same rep for women. Lots of French blood. And no tourists. But now again we are etting into time on the bus.
colibri wrote:Why not ,los altos de jalisco?
I was told by someone that Jalisco is overrated. Have either of you been there? I want to separate rumor from fact.

Also I just looked a Guadalajara and it seems very high class, cosmopolitan. Not a bad thing in and of itself but I'm not sure a thriving european town is best for a man who wants to play financial savior to some woman. I want a place descendent from european genetics that has since crashed.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I will routinely update this thread with new thoughts.

I'm leaning toward San Luis Potosí. I'm basing this choice on multiple sources saying it's the least touristy town of all the colonial towns.

Since I cannot do one long trip my goal will be to do multiple shorter trips over the year. Multiple trips will follow if a city proves itself.

I have the immediate option of going in January or March. I've looked at the mean temperatures for San Luis Potosí and this is what I see:

Based on this I'm learning towards going in March since the mean temperature will be 8 degrees warmer. More women will be outside. I think I can then go back in June and September. So annual plan would be:

> Go March for 1 week
> 2 Month Break
> Go June for 1 week
> 2 Month Break
> Go September for 1 week
Last edited by drealm on December 9th, 2014, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mexico 2015 Travel Plans

Post by fschmidt »

You should check out the current crime situation in these cities. High crime cities will not be good for meeting people. For example, is San Luis Potosí Zeta territory? I don't know.

I didn't find Guadalajara much different from Tijuana. But I don't know about Jalisco in general.
drealm
Junior Poster

Re: Mexico 2015 Travel Plans

Post by drealm »

fschmidt wrote:You should check out the current crime situation in these cities. High crime cities will not be good for meeting people. For example, is San Luis Potosí Zeta territory? I don't know.
I will keep looking for crime figures. So far I haven't found any data on 2014 homicides in San Luis Potosí. This doesn't seem readily available.

I did find an advisory warning from the state department: http://travel.state.gov/content/passpor ... rning.html
San Luis Potosi: Defer non-essential travel to the state of San Luis Potosi, except the city of San Luis Potosi, where you should exercise caution. Violence and criminal activity along highways are continuing security concerns. U.S. government personnel may not travel outside the City of San Luis Potosi and must abide by a curfew of 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. within a secured venue.
I couldn't find an up to date cartel map. It seems that San Luis Potosi is inside Zeta territory but in an area of less control.

drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

These were my previous ideas:
drealm wrote: 1. Get drunk every night with Mexican men in bars. If I get drunk with them maybe one of them will introduce me to someone they know.

3. Sit in a park and hope women make eye contact with me. If they make eye contact with me I can ask them questions.
I now have a new idea that I think is much better. So I don't plan to do the above ideas.

The thing is if you go to a country just to meet women it feels very forced and unnatural. It's odd for this to be the sole activity for a traveler. Women pick up on this. This makes you be perceived as desperate. In return you also get desperate women, because only desperate women would become quickly attached to a stranger. Of course if you go to a country and stay there for a while, a relationship could evolve naturally.

Teaching English gives an excuse for being in a country. To a woman it says your there for work but if you happen to start a relationship this is unrelated. I do not plan to teach English, so this doesn't work for me but I have a similar plan.

My boss helped me think up the new idea. Here it is:

We sell X product to consumers and professionals. This is not a niche product so pretty much anyone can relate to it. We are an international company and already sell in Mexico. Why not go to Mexico on the premise of doing "marketing research" or "expanding markets"? By doing this I'm making it a business trip. This gives me an excuse for being in the country besides seeing women. As a result I'll look non-desperate. It also gives me an opportunity to show financial status in a completely acceptable way. Lastly I don't need to fake anything so I can be completely upfront about why I'm there.

The plan could take many forms. But a possibility I see is this:

I locate a city with a high number of universities related to the profession that employs X product. I will go to these universities on the premise of showcasing product and also doing "research". I will contact the heads of departments for these universities. Since I'm with a large international company that's US based I think this will flatter their ego. On top of this it's just uncommon. This will establish me as the foreign expert.

It would be best if I could get an auditorium full of students. I will do presentations on the products and I get to control every detail. So I will make slideshows, power points or whatever that make me look good. I can learn spanish but there won't be any shame in hiring a translator since I'm there on the premise of business. If I hire a translator she will be an attractive girl. This will make the other women instinctively feel they need to compete. I will do multiple presentations a day. Each presentation can have hundreds of students, at least half will be girls.

My hope is that some of the students will contact me after a presentation. Any way it plays out the odds are high that I'll emerge with some contacts either male or female. If they're female I'll steer the conversation over to broader topics. If an opportunity and mood presents itself I will ask them on a date. If they're male I'll at least develop a social connection for being introduced to other people.

Based on this I may choose a town based on population size over some other factors. So I'll need to reevaluate my city list.