Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Post by Mr.Darcy »

How do I get stationed in Japan or something? Am I better off just applying to other companies overseas that fit my major?
The
Junior Poster

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Post by The »

Do you even know what you want to do?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

i tought of doing the same thing bu t quickly changed my mind when i saw how hard it would be to get into officer training school plus deal with bootcamp and their really high fitness tests (which were hard for me even as a weight lifter) plus the fact of being in a ship, so i changed my mind real quick.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:i tought of doing the same thing bu t quickly changed my mind when i saw how hard it would be to get into officer training school plus deal with bootcamp and their really high fitness tests (which were hard for me even as a weight lifter) plus the fact of being in a ship, so i changed my mind real quick.
Well, I don't want to be stuck in Eastern America. It's the epitome of ****.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 2nd, 2020, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Mr.Darcy wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:i tought of doing the same thing bu t quickly changed my mind when i saw how hard it would be to get into officer training school plus deal with bootcamp and their really high fitness tests (which were hard for me even as a weight lifter) plus the fact of being in a ship, so i changed my mind real quick.
Well, I don't want to be stuck in Eastern America. It's the epitome of ****.

disagree. I didn't do it and i am hell of glad I didn't.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Ghost wrote:Doing something is better than doing nothing. But this is a bad idea as far as bad ideas go.
yeah besides its not like these japanese girls are gonna be bending over for a military guy (thats a myth) if you can get a japanese girl in japan you might as well be in america and forget military.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Ghost wrote:Doing something is better than doing nothing. But this is a bad idea as far as bad ideas go.
yeah besides its not like these japanese girls are gonna be bending over for a military guy (thats a myth) if you can get a japanese girl in japan you might as well be in america and forget military.
what did you do instead? I'm weary of you because of your username.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Go with the other companies that fit your major. There's no way to ensure that you'll get posted where you want (they'll lie to get you signed-up, though). Also, the military as a whole tends to have the impression that you are their property (not really in a joking way, either). This applies in a medical way & that can mean various things.

One other thing about the U.S. military is that it probably would count against you if you ever had to defend yourself & it seems that you are actually put on some kind of potential terrorist list these days. Something to think about, especially considering that aspects of the situation don't seem to always be factors in the assessment of that situation. Nothing to say that things won't take a paranoid slide (well, more of one).
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

How do I get a job out of state? I've sent many internship applications to companies out west and I rarely even get a reply. Plus, my university isn't as prestigious as the ones in Cali such as USC and ****.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Mr.Darcy wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
what did you do instead? I'm weary of you because of your username.
Im here in america creating my own online income.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr.Darcy wrote:
December 9th, 2014, 5:51 pm
How do I get stationed in Japan or something? Am I better off just applying to other companies overseas that fit my major?
I asked my veteran expat friend who was in the navy since the 1970s. Here is his reply:

"Yes you get a wish list of assignments when you first go in and maybe even have as part of his enlistment guarantee needs to ask a recruiter"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne