Is there a market for this?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Is there a market for this?

Post by Johnny1975 »

If I created a product that consisted of videos of me jamming on guitar to a backing track (composed and recorded by me), the idea being that the user jams along with me, and maybe I could have some text at the bottom of the screen guiding the user as to what's coming up next...

...do you think there would be a market for it? And if so, how much do you think guitarists would be willing to pay for it? I'm thinking albums of 5 jams, each one being 10-20 minutes long.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Re: Is there a market for this?

Post by Anatol »

Hello,

I don't like it. It is a stupid idea. What is the point of trying to be so creative in money-making? Since 1980, because U.S.A. is founded on capitalism, more and more and more 'creative' ideas for making money have been made ~ this is a WASTE of time and unnecessary complication! Life is much too valuable to be lost in this stupid American endeavour of being 'creative' to make money.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Anatol wrote:Hello,

I don't like it. It is a stupid idea. What is the point of trying to be so creative in money-making? Since 1980, because U.S.A. is founded on capitalism, more and more and more 'creative' ideas for making money have been made ~ this is a WASTE of time and unnecessary complication! Life is much too valuable to be lost in this stupid American endeavour of being 'creative' to make money.
What are you talking about? If it's not a good idea, can you explain why?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 2nd, 2020, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Johnny1975 wrote:

Hello,

I've explained already ~ it's not a good idea to be so creative with trying to make money. It's a waste of one's life. Do Americans not understand common sense? It's because of your arrogance and primitive culture. Your whole life revolves around making money so that is the lens through which you view everything. The world is very very stupid to copy you idiots.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Anatol wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:

Hello,

I've explained already ~ it's not a good idea to be so creative with trying to make money. It's a waste of one's life. Do Americans not understand common sense? It's because of your arrogance and primitive culture. Your whole life revolves around making money so that is the lens through which you view everything. The world is very very stupid to copy you idiots.
Tell that to an actual american.

I decided some time ago that 80% of people are morons. And you're their leader.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Johnny1975 wrote:
Anatol wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:

Hello,

You are even more stupid than I first assumed! You are an american by your THOUGHTS............your country of residence doesn't matter if you THINK like an American. And you definitely think like one on the concept of how money should be made.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I don't understand the idea. Are you trying to teach people to play music? You're intending to sell this to musician teachers?

This should be in the business section. I think you can ask a moderator to move it.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

If you were a famous guitarist you would sell a couple. An unknown bloke - Nope.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Anatol wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
Anatol wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:

Hello,

You are even more stupid than I first assumed! You are an american by your THOUGHTS............your country of residence doesn't matter if you THINK like an American. And you definitely think like one on the concept of how money should be made.
You're a moron.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Ghost wrote: You can always test the market before you commit to it. I forgot which book it was, but I remember reading about new entrepreneur testing their markets first online, and seeing if it was worth getting into. So, for example, set up a trial website to try selling the product, acting as if the product already exists, then see how much interest you can get in it. Some things like that, maybe it could help you find out how many potential buyers are out there.
I've heard about that. Although I've never seen it. You advertise something but don't create it until there's some interest. But how would I do that? Would I create a landing page and say whoever is interested leave your email address? I've personally never seen a site that talks about a product that doesn't exist yet.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I once bought a set of guitar blues lessons. It was about $65 if I remember well. But since then there's so much free stuff on youtube that I don't know if you'd succeed. You'd have to be very unique
Ghost wrote:So, for example, set up a trial website to try selling the product, acting as if the product already exists
You mean like PFAG? lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

droid wrote:I once bought a set of guitar blues lessons. It was about $65 if I remember well. But since then there's so much free stuff on youtube that I don't know if you'd succeed. You'd have to be very unique
Ghost wrote:So, for example, set up a trial website to try selling the product, acting as if the product already exists
You mean like PFAG? lol
Yes there's loads of free stuff around. But my idea is not lessons, it's jam sessions, where the user jams along with me.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 2nd, 2020, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I think I've seen it done, with the cords and finger positions shown. What is your unique selling point?