Which religion is best?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Re: Which religion is best?

Post by MrPeabody »

fschmidt wrote:
Yohan wrote:Why only Western religions?

Buddhism is quite OK, but the best is not to have anything to do with religion.

Atheism.... makes sense too, at least for me.
Atheism is worthless because Atheists are culturally feminist. Buddhism doesn't seem to have what it takes to resist feminism. East Asia is changing rapidly and that includes Japan.
You're confusing Western Buddhism with Eastern Buddhism. Western Buddhism is overwhelmingly Jewish and they are very friendly to feminists and gays. But Eastern Buddhism is patriarchal and doesn't tolerate feminism. The hippies of the 1960s made up a Buddhism which is really just a projection of their own views and have given a false image of Buddha as some peace-loving hippie. A more accurate view was given by the Italian philosopher Julius Evola in this book "The Doctrine of Awakening". Evola saw the modern world in spiritual crisis and he saw Buddhism as the solution. Evola was also a personal friend of Mussolini. What could have been.

Christianity up until the 1950s was a good system. But it was infiltrated by liberalism and finished off by the 1970s. I mean scorched earth. There is nothing left. The few remaining conservatives are obsessed with Israel and don't care about the decline of the country.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrPeabody wrote:You're confusing Western Buddhism with Eastern Buddhism. Western Buddhism is overwhelmingly Jewish and they are very friendly to feminists and gays. But Eastern Buddhism is patriarchal and doesn't tolerate feminism. The hippies of the 1960s made up a Buddhism which is really just a projection of their own views and have given a false image of Buddha as some peace-loving hippie. A more accurate view was given by the Italian philosopher Julius Evola in this book "The Doctrine of Awakening". Evola saw the modern world in spiritual crisis and he saw Buddhism as the solution. Evola was also a personal friend of Mussolini. What could have been.
I lived in Japan and visited Thailand and Tibet, so I have seen Eastern Buddhism. I agree that it is patriarchal. The problem is that Buddhism is too tolerant of Liberalism. The Western religions demand exclusivity which is critical to resist Liberalism. If a patriarchal religion tolerates its members also participating in Liberalism, then it is doomed, and this is why all Eastern religions are doomed.
Christianity up until the 1950s was a good system. But it was infiltrated by liberalism and finished off by the 1970s. I mean scorched earth. There is nothing left. The few remaining conservatives are obsessed with Israel and don't care about the decline of the country.
I think the problems with Christianity started earlier, but what really matters is its current state, on which we agree.

I really see nothing out there that can resist Liberalism besides Islam and Orthodox Judaism.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

So my basic position is that anyone who wants to avoid living in a culture where stupid assholes have reproductive superiority must choose either Islam or Orthodox Judaism and find some way to accomodate themselves to the chosen religion.
FSchmidt, judging from the Persian upper class that managed to migrate to Los Angeles, and comparing its composition with gross source numbers in Iran, it seems that the ethnic groups there rank as follows in successfully transplanting themselves AND maintaining success in the US:
Persian Jews #1
Persian-Armenian Christians #2
Mohammedan Persians #3

Judging from the Lebanese middle class that managed to migrate to Los Angeles, and comparing its composition with gross source numbers in Lebanon, it seems that the ethnic groups rank as follows in successfully transplanting themselves AND maintaining success in the US:
#1 Lebanese-Armenian Christians
#2 Lebanese Druze
#3 Christian Lebanese "Arabs" (i.e. Phoenicians)
#4 Sunni Mohammedan (Arabs or Phoenicians, not sure)
#5 Shiite Mohammedans (Arabs?)

Thus Mohammedanism does not seem to have limited the numbers of idiots breeding. If anything, it seems to encourage idiots.

Orthodox Jews seem to have very large families on average, and have some of the highest birth rates in the world. The same can be said of groups like the Amish. In the future, I foresee these people outbreeding any given liberal or moderate group. Wouldn't give up on Christian's altogether, though, if you look at the Quiverfull Movements and families like the Duggars for example, you will see that they are maintaining a very high and stable birth rate and their families keep growing exponentially.
Yeah, Marcos, FSchmidt likes to reach for extremes. Its not just Orthodox Jews, as you say, it's also Amish, Quiverfull/Homeschooler Christians, Mormon Polygamists, etc.

FSchmidt had said a while back his Mexican Catholic wife had trouble being accepted by Orthodox Jews (dont recall which brand) and in turn she would not become Mormon. But here he is still butting his overly hard head on a brick wall.

Okay, FSchmidt, you couldnt get Scripturalist readings to blossom among Orthodox Christians. Check. What about Quiverfull/Home Schooler types? You're already a VERY successful home schooler, you could write a book on it, your family would be instantly accepted, and you could find all the home-based prayer meetings and/or scripture studies you wanted.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

MrPeabody wrote:The few remaining conservatives are obsessed with Israel and don't care about the decline of the country.
aka patriotards.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

MrPeabody wrote:

I agree. Clearly time for some "new wineskins".

Another idea, besides Marcos's excellent Quiverfull idea, is the Kingdom Theology or Dominion Theology folks.
I knew some years ago in Atlanta. One time I ran into Pastor Joe Morecraft. I said,
"How are you Joe?
"Conquering the world!",
he exclaimed.
He was steadfast that way, seemed to be a good father and also ran a private school. Taught kids Latin, ethics, etc. Anyway they don't buy that we are all going to die in a Tribulation, and are not "Israel"-worshippers. They just believe we should increasingly make God's kingdom manifest on earth. Regardless of whether one believes, it just seemed to me then, and now, socially useful and psychologically healthy worldview. (Not unlike pre-nineteenth century Protestants, which we have discussed on another thread.)

EDIT: One thing about these folks that may appeal to FSchmidt is that they are scholars re the Old Testament, and believe that the Law continues in effect today.
Last edited by Jester on December 11th, 2014, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

droid wrote:
aka patriotards.
:lol:

Thanks -I'm going home to Georgia for Christmas, and will be sure to keep that phrase handy!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

MrPeabody wrote:A more accurate view was given by the Italian philosopher Julius Evola
Ok NOW we're talking. Someone that mentions Evola or Rene guenon is respectable, as opposed to the first-level Nietzche wannabes found in other threads.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

fschmidt wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:You're confusing Western Buddhism with Eastern Buddhism. Western Buddhism is overwhelmingly Jewish and they are very friendly to feminists and gays. But Eastern Buddhism is patriarchal and doesn't tolerate feminism. The hippies of the 1960s made up a Buddhism which is really just a projection of their own views and have given a false image of Buddha as some peace-loving hippie. A more accurate view was given by the Italian philosopher Julius Evola in this book "The Doctrine of Awakening". Evola saw the modern world in spiritual crisis and he saw Buddhism as the solution. Evola was also a personal friend of Mussolini. What could have been.
I lived in Japan and visited Thailand and Tibet, so I have seen Eastern Buddhism. I agree that it is patriarchal. The problem is that Buddhism is too tolerant of Liberalism. The Western religions demand exclusivity which is critical to resist Liberalism. If a patriarchal religion tolerates its members also participating in Liberalism, then it is doomed, and this is why all Eastern religions are doomed.
I think the problems with Christianity started earlier, but what really matters is its current state, on which we agree.

I really see nothing out there that can resist Liberalism besides Islam and Orthodox Judaism.
The below link covers a story where a Western monk was blocked from giving a gender equality speech at a Buddhist conference. The Eastern Buddhist are well aware now of feminism and are resisting. The Christians resisted too and it only took a decade to defeat them. Maybe the Buddhist with their superior mental skills will be able to defeat feminism in the long run - e.g., resist like water.

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php ... IqDLzHF-So
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Jester,

I am not sure that success in America is the right measure. Even among Jews, it is the liberal Jews who are successful in America while the ultra-Orthodox are usually poor.

Also, I have basically given up on finding intelligence. I care about morals more, so I will take moral idiots over slightly intelligent assholes.

I am currently studying Islamic history. The more I study Islam, the more I realize how ignorant I am on the subject. Do you know about Mu'tazila or Jamal ad-Din al-Afghani? Christians and Jews may be the economic leaders of the West today, but Muslims dominated for more of history. For me, the interesting question about Islam isn't how the average Muslim is today. The interesting question is whether there are currently any worthy groups within Islam, and I am not close to answering this yet.

The problem with the Orthodox Christians isn't just that they won't read the Old Testament. The problem is that they don't do anything. They are normal rudderless human trash. I also realized that with my lack of charisma, I am not going to be able to change people's behavior. This means that I need to find people who are already doing something right. So what exactly are the Christian groups that you mentioned doing right? Do they seperate men and women in service? Orthodox Jews and Muslims do. Do they keep the Sabbath or any other non-trivial ritual? Orthodox Jews keep the Sabbath and Muslims pray 5 times a day which is non-trivial. Do they dress distinctively to set themselves apart from the scum of modern culture? Orthodox Jews and Muslims generally do. I am asking because I don't know anything about the Christian groups you mentioned. These groups don't exist in El Paso, but if in fact they are doing anything right, I will find a way to look into them.

MrPeabody, I know less about Buddhism than Islam. Can you give me a better reason to look into Buddhism than one anecdote? Can you show me a Buddhist site that is clearly hostile to Liberalism the way that Orthodox Judaism and Islam are hostile to Liberalism?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fschmidt wrote:Jester,

I am not sure that success in America is the right measure. Even among Jews, it is the liberal Jews who are successful in America while the ultra-Orthodox are usually poor.

Also, I have basically given up on finding intelligence. I care about morals more, so I will take moral idiots over slightly intelligent assholes.

I am currently studying Islamic history. The more I study Islam, the more I realize how ignorant I am on the subject. Do you know about Mu'tazila or Jamal ad-Din al-Afghani? Christians and Jews may be the economic leaders of the West today, but Muslims dominated for more of history. For me, the interesting question about Islam isn't how the average Muslim is today. The interesting question is whether there are currently any worthy groups within Islam, and I am not close to answering this yet.

The problem with the Orthodox Christians isn't just that they won't read the Old Testament. The problem is that they don't do anything. They are normal rudderless human trash. I also realized that with my lack of charisma, I am not going to be able to change people's behavior. This means that I need to find people who are already doing something right. So what exactly are the Christian groups that you mentioned doing right? Do they seperate men and women in service? Orthodox Jews and Muslims do. Do they keep the Sabbath or any other non-trivial ritual? Orthodox Jews keep the Sabbath and Muslims pray 5 times a day which is non-trivial. Do they dress distinctively to set themselves apart from the scum of modern culture? Orthodox Jews and Muslims generally do. I am asking because I don't know anything about the Christian groups you mentioned. These groups don't exist in El Paso, but if in fact they are doing anything right, I will find a way to look into them.

MrPeabody, I know less about Buddhism than Islam. Can you give me a better reason to look into Buddhism than one anecdote? Can you show me a Buddhist site that is clearly hostile to Liberalism the way that Orthodox Judaism and Islam are hostile to Liberalism?
Need to put myself to bed now, but generally these groups are going to be more "do-ers".

The Duggar Family is on TV, but I don't know of a good website on the Quiver-full movement. I have just seen articles ABOUT them. But their practices include abstaining from birth control (in obedience to God's command in Genesis), teaching women to be homemakers foremost, men to be providers, and yes they observe sabbath. There is a dress code, it may just be modesty, not sure, I saw that the young ladies were covered, not ostentatiously, not prairie garb, when I saw an episode of "The Duggars" on TV. They do socialize with each other i.e. other Quiver-full families. they would probably agree with me on theology except for Catholic OT and polygamy. IMO the good part of Amish-ness without the difficulty of becoming a nineteenth century farmer overnight.

Thinkers behind Restoration Theology, aka Kingdom Theology, aka Dominion Theology, include Gary North and John (?) Rushdoony. Again my guess is that you will probably much more invective against them than by them. Basically they believe in full Scripture including Old Testament, old-school protestant, not millennial-type dispensationalism (I never knew how that latter term arose, just that it leads to defeatism and Hal Lindsay hype).

My guess is that the first (Quiverfull) would be a great fit for your family and your homeschooling, and be an instant community if in proximity, and MIGHT have enough communal practices to suit you.

And that the second (Dominion) would really appeal to your intellect, and be totally satisfying, at last finding Christians taking OT and the Law seriously as guides for modern living.

I hope you look into both and share what you find.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Well if your changing the criteria now okay..
but I want to clarify, I was saying that, for example, Persian Jews (who are not liberal at all, dont even mix with other Jews) were very successful as a group in breeding winners who could get up and out of a bad situation, as compared to Moslems who as the term "Islam" suggests, can tend toward resignation or apathy.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I see the religions today as just a tool to be used by the power elites to meet their objectives of world domination. They know how easily duped the herd is. Any religion that does not operate outside the influence of this monetary system is heavily influenced by it.

Sticking by old traditions is hard in a world where credit money runs every aspect of your being.
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Moretorque wrote:I see the religions today as just a tool to be used by the power elites to meet their objectives of world domination. They know how easily duped the herd is. Any religion that does not operate outside the influence of this monetary system is heavily influenced by it.

Sticking by old traditions is hard in a world where credit money runs every aspect of your being.
Yes, the PTB try to control factions in "Islam", as well as most or all major Christian denominations. And all the Jews of course. As you probably know, many Christian congregations now get secret Federal money to be on standby in case of emergencies. Plus the good old 501c3 straitjacket preventing political activity by (White) churches.

No question that one has to "discern".

Or as the Bible says "work out your salvation with fear and trembling" i.e. carefully, diligently, like a craftsman.

God can raise up a new people from stones. So we can rebuild a church from scratch if we have to. The corruption of many is no excuse for the rest of us to do nothing, or live sullen and alone.

If all is destroyed, you find a lady and you start over.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Since Western Buddhism is liberal, the English websites are going to give the hippie version of Buddhism. Traditional conservative Buddhism is still mostly in other languages. In Thailand, Theravada Buddhism is basically the state religion and has the support of the King. You can't get any more conservative than that.

I will give you the website below that has talks and books by Thanissaro Bhikkhu. He is an American but he closely follows Theravada Buddhism and gives the traditional interpretations.

http://www.dhammatalks.org/index.html
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Jester wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I see the religions today as just a tool to be used by the power elites to meet their objectives of world domination. They know how easily duped the herd is. Any religion that does not operate outside the influence of this monetary system is heavily influenced by it.

Yes, the PTB try to control factions in "Islam", as well as most or all major Christian denominations. And all the Jews of course. As you probably know, many Christian congregations now get secret Federal money to be on standby in case of emergencies. Plus the good old 501c3 straitjacket preventing political activity by (White) churches.

No question that one has to "discern".

Or as the Bible says "work out your salvation with fear and trembling" i.e. carefully, diligently, like a craftsman.

God can raise up a new people from stones. So we can rebuild a church from scratch if we have to. The corruption of many is no excuse for the rest of us to do nothing, or live sullen and alone.

If all is destroyed, you find a lady and you start over.
The creator of the bible is the lady!
Time to Hide!