Vietnamese, Thai or Filipina girls

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Vietnamese, Thai or Filipina girls

Post by drronnie »

For a serious relationship which would make the best partner? Please tell you thoughts and experiences?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Vietnamese, Thai or Filipina girls

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Filipinas, hands down. But you should be willing to relocate to their country, which isn't for everyone. And of course: don't date or marry a bargirl. The Philippines has no divorce, so you better be damn sure she's the one. I have heard some good things about Vietnam, too. Thailand, not so much. You are half Thai yourself which gives you an advantage there probably, but I don't think the majority of Thai women makes good marriage material. Vietnamese girls tend to be lighter, more Chinese looking, whereas Thai girls are of the darker Malay variety. Filipina girls come in all shapes and sizes, and in all colors, so appearance wise I would say the Philippines gives you more options. Also: poverty. Even if you are not Mr. Suave, a woman from a poor background forgives some minor flaws a lot easier. There's quite a lot of Thai girls who aren't exactly poor, whereas there's a lot more poverty in the Philippines. This means you have more options over there, whereas she has few. Use this to your advantage.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

DrRonnie thank you for a relevant OP expressing what is on many minds.

MZ thank you for a clear and useful reply.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Filipinas, hands down. But you should be willing to relocate to their country, which isn't for everyone. And of course: don't date or marry a bargirl. The Philippines has no divorce, so you better be damn sure she's the one. I have heard some good things about Vietnam, too. Thailand, not so much. You are half Thai yourself which gives you an advantage there probably, but I don't think the majority of Thai women makes good marriage material. Vietnamese girls tend to be lighter, more Chinese looking, whereas Thai girls are of the darker Malay variety. Filipina girls come in all shapes and sizes, and in all colors, so appearance wise I would say the Philippines gives you more options. Also: poverty. Even if you are not Mr. Suave, a woman from a poor background forgives some minor flaws a lot easier. There's quite a lot of Thai girls who aren't exactly poor, whereas there's a lot more poverty in the Philippines. This means you have more options over there, whereas she has few. Use this to your advantage.
http://asiancorrespondent.com/88503/are ... the-world/
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

I would say Filipina too.
I don't have myself experiences with them unless on internet dating webstie,and it was very fast.

I wouldn't think Thaies women are very good for long term relationship..yes it can work..successful stories exists,i can constat looking around me,seeing what i've lived there,as a foreigner,having a different mindset of mainstream Thais can make communication difficult.

Also they have this avoiding suffering precept,more if they find a foreigner this is why in the first place they avoided Thais men,so in my opinion Thaies women in general are not reliable.
They can be good in p4p setting,a free relationship or some friendships and i would be quite dubious of serious stuffs with them.

Vietnamese women are not compatible for me.
There are some reasons mostly as they can be very dominative,not into sex in general,having a passive mood to new men and many of them are clearly not into Western men.

That just leave Filipina who are not the perfect match of course but few things can help them beat the two others..speak English,mixed Western Asian cultures,have the Catholics education and believe in a stable couple,are into Western men not only because of money but the white factor.

If i still fall building something in Thailand having near me a serious Thai woman who won't do a runner at the minimal setback,i will try the philippines.
Sadly i know already the country in general won't be as appealing to me compared to Thailand.
That's why i'm waiting as hard to makes something achievable in Thailand even if i understand besides p4p or just a random sex relation,i can see the small chance it will work.

At the end,we all agree here these options are better than Western women.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

i was considering vietnamese and chinese and other ethnicities but the more i hear about their personalties and teh countries the less i like what im hearing. Im thinking indonesian and fili women are probably the most accomodating to a guy like me who likes passionate affectionate and simple women. I think being married to a korean/chinese/vietnamese or even thai woman would drive me nuts
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

green1976 wrote:I would say Filipina too.
I don't have myself experiences with them unless on internet dating webstie,and it was very fast.

I wouldn't think Thaies women are very good for long term relationship..yes it can work..successful stories exists,i can constat looking around me,seeing what i've lived there,as a foreigner,having a different mindset of mainstream Thais can make communication difficult.

Also they have this avoiding suffering precept,more if they find a foreigner this is why in the first place they avoided Thais men,so in my opinion Thaies women in general are not reliable.
They can be good in p4p setting,a free relationship or some friendships and i would be quite dubious of serious stuffs with them.

Vietnamese women are not compatible for me.
There are some reasons mostly as they can be very dominative,not into sex in general,having a passive mood to new men and many of them are clearly not into Western men.

That just leave Filipina who are not the perfect match of course but few things can help them beat the two others..speak English,mixed Western Asian cultures,have the Catholics education and believe in a stable couple,are into Western men not only because of money but the white factor.

If i still fall building something in Thailand having near me a serious Thai woman who won't do a runner at the minimal setback,i will try the philippines.
Sadly i know already the country in general won't be as appealing to me compared to Thailand.
That's why i'm waiting as hard to makes something achievable in Thailand even if i understand besides p4p or just a random sex relation,i can see the small chance it will work.

At the end,we all agree here these options are better than Western women.
have you been to vietnam? My impressions are vietnamese are probably more like chinese or thai than fili women so probably wont be my cup of tea.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

I've never been to Vietnam but i have read all around,i have friends who have been there too.

I think Vietnam is closer to China than Thailand.
Vietnam is a lot more conversative regarding sex and p4p.
Vietnam women are no pro western guy like PI.
They have also the war history so this makes a country who is not very welcoming in general to westerners.
That doesn't mean you can't have a good stay there..some of my friends liked it...but not for the women,more for the beach or the food and the scenery.

They are a high number of Vietnamese women here in France and they are not very cool to hang out.

Vietnam guys or even Chinese guys i know goes to Thailand for fun not to China or Vietnam.
I would say Thai women are closer to PI women than Vietnam women to Thai.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

green1976 wrote:I've never been to Vietnam but i have read all around,i have friends who have been there too.

I think Vietnam is closer to China than Thailand.
Vietnam is a lot more conversative regarding sex and p4p.
Vietnam women are no pro western guy like PI.
They have also the war history so this makes a country who is not very welcoming in general to westerners.
That doesn't mean you can't have a good stay there..some of my friends liked it...but not for the women,more for the beach or the food and the scenery.

They are a high number of Vietnamese women here in France and they are not very cool to hang out.

Vietnam guys or even Chinese guys i know goes to Thailand for fun not to China or Vietnam.
I would say Thai women are closer to PI women than Vietnam women to Thai.
Vietnamese women look more chinese than thai and their mannerisms and attitude from what i can tell and heard doesn't sound close to thai or filipina. Vietnamese are so hot but unfortunately i dont think id like their attitude so I think im gonna pass on any of these countries. Cambodia women are probably lousy right? cause they aren't as pretty as vietnamese but they probably aren't much better than thai women in personality?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't know enough Vietnamese women to comment, but they have a reputation for being submissive as a part of their culture, and also honoring to parents. A lot of them would be atheist or Buddhist, I would guess, though. Having very different beliefs from your spouse can make things difficult, especially if you are dealing with someone from a different worldview with all kinds of customs and superstitions that you don't understand. If you don't have any common ground in beliefs, that's difficult.

My wife is from Indonesia, but we are both Christians from similar church backgrounds, so we have a lot of common ground in how we view things and how we can work through areas where we disagree.

There are girls with a sweet, cheerful disposition, I would imagine, in every country if you get the right one. In some countries, they may be the minority.

I know there are a lot of young women who have an unfriendly sour disposition if you talk to them in the US, both from when I was young, and even nowadays just from talking to people without having any kind of romantic intentions. I didn't see that much in Indonesia where it seems like most people are friendly and pleasant, including young women, especially back when I was young and single.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

MrMan wrote:I don't know enough Vietnamese women to comment, but they have a reputation for being submissive as a part of their culture, and also honoring to parents. A lot of them would be atheist or Buddhist, I would guess, though. Having very different beliefs from your spouse can make things difficult, especially if you are dealing with someone from a different worldview with all kinds of customs and superstitions that you don't understand. If you don't have any common ground in beliefs, that's difficult.

My wife is from Indonesia, but we are both Christians from similar church backgrounds, so we have a lot of common ground in how we view things and how we can work through areas where we disagree.

There are girls with a sweet, cheerful disposition, I would imagine, in every country if you get the right one. In some countries, they may be the minority.

I know there are a lot of young women who have an unfriendly sour disposition if you talk to them in the US, both from when I was young, and even nowadays just from talking to people without having any kind of romantic intentions. I didn't see that much in Indonesia where it seems like most people are friendly and pleasant, including young women, especially back when I was young and single.
vietnam has a small christian population and on top of that not many are protestant. Indonesia has a lot larger in quantity for both christians and protestant in general. part of it cause of the sheer population but even as a percentage its higher. So if one uses online dating its more likely to find a christian or protestant in general in indonesia. Vietnam youd have to resort to probably going to church to find that needle in a haystack but the government is quite oppressive and girls are even scared to visit your hotel because of it. Vietnam are beautiful but the oppressive government, lack of christians, and a "chinese" mentality makes me think indonesia and fili are probably a much better way to go.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

mr man do they speak only indonesian in all teh baptist and protestant churches in indonesia? What about churches elsewhere that were started by foreigners?
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

ITT people who have never been to Vietnam tell us what they do and do not like about Vietnamese women based upon what they have "heard" and how they think they would be.

Classic HA.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

newlifephilippines,

If I remember right, the only Baptist church I've been to in Jakarta was an English speaking one, or had an English speaking service at least. But most local congregations speak the local language.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Oh yes, I forgot. There are churches that speak the languages of the regional dialect. Large cities may have English services or English speaking congregations. You get a lot of Asian expats at those meetings and local Indonesians who speak English well. Some of those people studied abroad or they just speak English. Some of them go to a local congregation, too. When I was younger, some of the unmarried women would say hi to me every week and we'd have a little congregation. I think some of the women went there to find expatriate Christian husbands. Most of the men were married, though. I got married off, which shrunk the potential dating pool by one.