Why is Taiwan so Cold, Closed, Soulless, Uptight, Unsocial, Repressed, Alienating, Fake, Overly Serious?!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, cold, uptight, strict, serious

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:Our forum member falcon also said that Taiwanese women are completely prudish and platonic and not open to seduction. Yet he is young and thin. How do you explain that?

See here:
viewtopic.php?t=16813
As Rock has said, Taiwanese women do tend to focus on the guy's personality more, and on whether a guy has that East Asian mentality. Winston has been blamed over and over again for his looks, but even I get almost the same results as Winston. I'm half Winston's age and am much thinner, taller, and don't look bad at all, so even if Winston changed his looks, he would get very similar results.

Just ask the Indonesians and Filipinos in Taiwan about what Taiwanese people are like. They'll totally agree with Winston, and some may be very bitter. Indonesian caretakers have told me that old Taiwanese a-ma's (grandmas) are extremely fussy ("cerewet" in Indonesian), their bosses are extremely uptight, and that they look down on other people's cultures.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:
Winston wrote:Our forum member falcon also said that Taiwanese women are completely prudish and platonic and not open to seduction. Yet he is young and thin. How do you explain that?

See here:
viewtopic.php?t=16813
As Rock has said, Taiwanese women do tend to focus on the guy's personality more, and on whether a guy has that East Asian mentality. Winston has been blamed over and over again for his looks, but even I get almost the same results as Winston. I'm half Winston's age and am much thinner, taller, and don't look bad at all, so even if Winston changed his looks, he would get very similar results.

Just ask the Indonesians and Filipinos in Taiwan about what Taiwanese people are like. They'll totally agree with Winston, and some may be very bitter. Indonesian caretakers have told me that old Taiwanese a-ma's (grandmas) are extremely fussy ("cerewet" in Indonesian), their bosses are extremely uptight, and that they look down on other people's cultures.
Back when I was in Taiwan working, I felt it was my easiest country to get dates and intimacy (of course I had home court advantage and no language barrier). And I did a fair amount of cold approaching, often following up with intense phone work before meeting them again. Sometimes girls even fell into my lap.

So has Taiwan changed for the worse? I''m pretty sure it has. I always talk about FB and Smartphones. But another issue is that the current generation of young population were raised by parents who already experiencing Taiwan's economic boom times and social liberalizations. The super traditional conservative parents of Martial Law era and the idea that the west, especially USA represented all that was cool, hip, and all about fun has passed. Taiwan has come of age just like S. Korea did even earlier.

So is Taiwan finished, is it through as a destination for finding a gf or wife? I think it's still doable for some but even for most of these, it will require work. Remember, some of the guys who American girls dig might actually scare away Taiwanese women whereas some of the guys American women ignore might do pretty well in Taiwan. I for one had virtually no dating life until I went to Taiwan. And consider three cases I'm aware of where the guys did ok. My French tenant in 2011 brought home over 10 girls during his several month stay. The one evening I went out with Sinbadsailor in 2013, we approached something like 12 girls and got him 4 or 5 numbers and at least 2 girls where were very into him on the spot. Lastly you have Monkro who's been in Taiwan both in 2012 and 2014 (he just left less than a month ago). Monkro has become an approach machine and has gotten a lot of dates and intimacy with a few girls. He's also kinda picky and has taste in line with that of NE Asian guys I believe. Also Falcon, doesn't your cousin do real well with Taiwan women?

Anyway, I agree with you that even if Winston looked a lot more attractive, it probably wouldn't change his results. However, if he looked a lot younger (kinda like he looked in Russia) he might have a fighting chance if trial and erred with stamina and patience they way Monkro has.

One more thing, remember the girl we talked to in the bookstore in Taiwan? I think if you had the right kind of personality, you might have been able to date her. Do you agree?

Another thing I believe about Taiwan is that once you get a gf there, as long as she's mainstream, the chances are high that you will have a loyal and sincere quality partner.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

In a sense, I agree with both Winston and Rock (and Monkro). You guys all make great points, and it's not a black-and-white issue.
Rock wrote:One more thing, remember the girl we talked to in the bookstore in Taiwan? I think if you had the right kind of personality, you might have been able to date her. Do you agree?

Another thing I believe about Taiwan is that once you get a gf there, as long as she's mainstream, the chances are high that you will have a loyal and sincere quality partner.
I would actually agree with you on that one. If I put in a lot of time and energy in the way Monkro did, then I could be able to do well. My cousin's quite similar to Monkro in that regard. But I'm not attracted to them because I don't have the Taiwanese mindset. And it'll take a LOT of work for me. Dating NE Asian women is a new game to me.

I've made very few ethnic Taiwanese / Han Chinese friends during my time in Taiwan. Almost all of my new friends were Indonesians and Filipinas, and they've always been regularly checking up on me, sending me messages, asking me how I'm doing, even when the last time they've seen is over 1 year ago. I'm sure Taiwanese would treat you the same way if you're within their circles or if you vibe with them. But I don't.

My family has been criticizing me for what they perceive to be "making friends with random people you meet on the streets - we don't do that in our family." From Winston's point of view, that would be further evidence that Taiwanese are suspicious, closed, unapproachable, and cliquish. I'm sure many of the women in Taiwan have the same mindset. You really have to work hard to become a "real friend" and to gain some real trust. But once you've gained their trust, then they can be quite loyal and have very big hearts.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, cold, repressed, frigid, prudi

Post by MrBlueLight »

Stop whining and start meeting Taiwanese friends through social circles. That's how Taiwanese people open up. Yes, cold-approaching is seen as creepy in Taiwan. That's their culture, the game is different, deal with it. Taiwanese don't like strangers, but the people I've met through social circle are all very helpful and friendly. I would say they are much more of a help than any Filipinos I've met (whose advice you should never take). If you are not making Taiwanese friends, it's not because they are not friendly, it's because you don't know how to make Taiwanese friends.

As for Indonesians and Filipinos in Taiwan being bitter, well, people in North-Eastern Asia tend to be racist against people SE Asia. They think they are uneducated, dumb, and poor, and they are mostly right when we compare NE Asia and SE Asia.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MrBlueLight wrote:Stop whining and start meeting Taiwanese friends through social circles. That's how Taiwanese people open up. Yes, cold-approaching is seen as creepy in Taiwan. That's their culture, the game is different, deal with it. Taiwanese don't like strangers, but the people I've met through social circle are all very helpful and friendly. I would say they are much more of a help than any Filipinos I've met (whose advice you should never take). If you are not making Taiwanese friends, it's not because they are not friendly, it's because you don't know how to make Taiwanese friends.

As for Indonesians and Filipinos in Taiwan being bitter, well, people in North-Eastern Asia tend to be racist against people SE Asia. They think they are uneducated, dumb, and poor, and they are mostly right when we compare NE Asia and SE Asia.
Cold approaching has worked great for Monkro in 2014! He's a foreigner too and dark skinned at that. It used to be that as a non-Asian foreigner, you were given a lot of leeway (oh that's how those foreigners do it, they're more open, etc.). Maybe there's not as much leeway as before but obviously it's still doable. Monkro got dates, intimacy, and potential gfs by cold approaching without making any enemies or losing in anyway. Sinbadsailor (who is Taiwanese but had a white guy as his pitchman) had a great first day. And my French tenant back in 2011 had a calendar full of dates even though his English is bad and he speaks no Chinese. Different folks, different strokes. Dating, mating, LT relationships, etc. is all a tailor made game. It depends not only on the environment but also on the individual, his circumstances, tastes, etc.

Also, the attitude some NE Asians have towards caregivers and factory workers from places like Indonesia and Philippines is really pretty inhuman. Just as Falcon!
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

I am speaking in general of course. If you cold approach enough girls, some are going to hook. But the ones who hook will not be the "normal" kind of girls, who will just ignore you. Just compared to other countries, you will get a lot less girls to hook due to the xenophobia nature of the culture. You need to approaching significantly more girls here to get one to hook, which for most people, does not offer a good return of investment.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MrBlueLight wrote:I am speaking in general of course. If you cold approach enough girls, some are going to hook. But the ones who hook will not be the "normal" kind of girls, who will just ignore you. Just compared to other countries, you will get a lot less girls to hook due to the xenophobia nature of the culture. You need to approaching significantly more girls here to get one to hook, which for most people, does not offer a good return of investment.
Not true. Monkro approached 1,000s of girls in USA and got virtually nil. In Taiwan, his total approach number was more in the neighborhood of 150 and definitely no more than 200. He got a very respectable hit ratio and his taste is in line with what is popular in Taiwan.

You on the other hand are losing the plot in this particular alter ego of yours. Maybe you should quit before you fall further behind.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Who's Monkro and where did he mention that? Link to that post please.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MrBlueLight wrote:Who's Monkro and where did he mention that? Link to that post please.
Unlike you, he's real and has personally met Winston and Falcon as well as renting my spare room in Taipei for several months. I posted his numbers for his first visit in 2012 back then. But now I'm combining his 2012 and 2014 numbers and aggregating them.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

What number and what's his approach?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Its probably cause mr bluelight looks like a taiwanese so they pass on him whereas monrko looks like Mandingo so he gets his "niche" market LOL
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

When foreigner gets response from cold-approach in NE Asia, it's usually from the niche market, even for whites. And even in the US, cold approach only works on a small percentage of girls, usually ones who don't have much of a social life, excluding night scenes, of course.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Rock wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote:Who's Monkro and where did he mention that? Link to that post please.
Unlike you, he's real and has personally met Winston and Falcon as well as renting my spare room in Taipei for several months. I posted his numbers for his first visit in 2012 back then. But now I'm combining his 2012 and 2014 numbers and aggregating them.
Stop being useless. You are the one who's full of shit. When asked you to produce information, you can't even do it. What is his approach?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MrBlueLight wrote:
Rock wrote:
Stop being useless. You are the one who's full of shit. When asked you to produce information, you can't even do it. What is his approach?
Glad to share with you.. Just tell me where you would like to meet in Metro Manila and I will show you everything including photos with both him and the girls. It's been quite awhile since I saw you last lol.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Share with the forum.