SM Mall Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: SM Mall Filipinas

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

hammanta wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Ok but if your gonna spend 6 months in phil, i wouldn't really want to spend my time with one girl who is busy working while im alone in the hotel for 5 to 6 days a week 8 to 10 hour days plus all the time it takes to get between work and you. Most mall girls and market girls and corporate girls do work those hours. But lets say they work regular hours in the best case scenario, thats still a lot of time to be wasting on one girl that may or may not work out. Would you spend 8,000 dollars for 6 months with a girl that isn't even gonna be there for 3/4 of your daylight hours? Probably not. Unless the girl looks like a model and you plan ot marry her. So its really difficult to go wife hunting. I think im not even gonna take a wife hunting search serious unless im practically ready to move there. Otherwise its too difficult. Id have to be really amazed to make an exception. I think its better just to enjoy other activities and just make lots of women friends and sightsee and not get focused on finding a wife so much cause youll be doomed for failure cause your only there for a limited time. If you move there thats a different story but most guys want to meet the girl of their dreams before they make that plunge.
See this is where we differ. I'm an independent person. I couldn't stand to have somebody with me most of the day, everyday. It would drive me insane. I need my space, my time to do things I want to do. If she works and I see her in the evening and weekends to me that is better than having her constantly around from morning to midnight. I have a high libido but I also don't need sex 3-4 times everyday to satisfy me. I need other things that stimulate me like exploration, exercise, and thought.

If you aren't too serious about the girl then keep her in a rotation while meeting other girls. That's the point in dating around. Therefor you have a steady stream of play. If you finally meet a girl you are serious about, then seeing her somewhat sparingly makes it all the more memorable when you are around them. From my experience too much of a good thing turns into a bad thing. I remember taking a 3 week vacation with my best friend a few years ago. We are alike in so many ways and get along great, but by the end of the trip we weren't talking and almost got into a fist fight. That's because we were around each other constantly and we began to clash. I'm also more traditional in a sense. I'd prefer my girl to not live with me until we are very serious and I believe she may be the one. Short stays over night or over the weekend are fine but as mentioned I like my space and don't wanna be suffocated, especially with a girl I feel no future with.
Would you spend 8,000 dollars for 6 months with a girl that isn't even gonna be there for 3/4 of your daylight hours?
YES! For one, that is how it would be for me in the states anyways. I don't work from home and would prefer not to. So there goes 8-10 hours I wouldn't be around her anyway. Take 7-8 hours for sleep. Then add 1-2 hours for personal activities (exercising, volunteering) and there goes 3/4 of my day right there. And I'm doing it without a steady girl now. So if you tell me I can continue my routine, spend less money on living expenses, and have a steady supply of available women to date. Then hell yea I'd do it in a heartbeat. Even if I did spend 6 months of my life, it would be 6 months I'd use up anyway in the States probably going to work and being a little lonely. Why not do it in a foreign country with the opportunity to date many girls and maybe meet your future spouse all while having the opportunity to see another culture and scenery.
Yeah but the beds are not soft, the internet is slow, and i spend a lot of money when i go to another country temporarily so its not that enjoyable for me when i have a crapload of work to do. Im gonna tone that down in the future though so yeah i think one can enjoy their travels better if they don't have work to worry about.
The reason why i had them living with me is if i was gonna spend all this money sticking around in one spot the sex kept it interesting. I dont know I can't really stay in one spot in a foreign country unless there is lots of sex otherwise i just get bored in my hotel and it was enjoyable. I know its wrong to be doing this and thats why im gonna stop. But its a huge risk and I dont really want to live with low hangers anymore id rather just travel around and sightsee and make women friends and if a woman comes along that rocks my world that is worthy of marriage great but i doubt it will come. So I think the next time I travel im just gonna do it for sightsee and to experience the culture which means probably a shorter trip and more moving around (cause it will be more expensive). If you do it for women you wind up sitting around all day or living with them, but in the ned its pointless cause yo just wind up with low hanging fruit. The good women you have to marry and right now im not sure i want a foreign wife and all that entails complication wise. Im not sure i could find what i want that easily anyways.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Hero wrote:and let's not forget that those salesgirls work 6 days a week, and even on their day off they're busy doing housework and shopping. They don't have much time for dating.
Yes this is the biggest obstacle. Not that they are not interested (many are), not that they have a bf (many do not) but that they are busy working and holding onto their job is very important, since in all likelihood she is not only supporting herself but helping the family as well.

But this is all the more reason a good guy who is "serious" has a decent chance. The girl with 1 day a week off is not as likely to waste it on a playa; but she will spend it with a guy with whom she has a future.

Nonetheless this approach is a numbers game and many guys are so damaged from their experiences in the West that they are incapable of approaching 20 girls and handing out their number. But I do know many guys who have done this successfully to know that it is very possible.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

davewe wrote:Nonetheless this approach is a numbers game and many guys are so damaged from their experiences in the West that they are incapable of approaching 20 girls and handing out their number.
I was "damaged" the first time I went over there, but I got over it quickly. It's amazing how 25 years of damage can be undone by just 3 days of adoration by beautiful girls half your age :P
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Hero wrote:
davewe wrote:Nonetheless this approach is a numbers game and many guys are so damaged from their experiences in the West that they are incapable of approaching 20 girls and handing out their number.
I was "damaged" the first time I went over there, but I got over it quickly. It's amazing how 25 years of damage can be undone by just 3 days of adoration by beautiful girls half your age :P
That's true. My first week in the Philippines I had so many women tell me(and my wife) I was handsome I couldn't believe it. If I had a dollar every time a Filipina flirted with me, stared at my ass or just smiled at me I'd never have to work again. Even my neighbors wife would have a big smile on her face when she saw me. I often wonder what would happen if I walked down the street just wearing my boxer briefs.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Why did you post that picture? Is that your wife?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Hero wrote:
+1
Two of the best comments!!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

MrBlueLight wrote:Why did you post that picture? Is that your wife?
No, its just a pic I found.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

banker78 wrote:True. It's really not in the Filipino culture to randomly approach someone to strike up a conversation. Those who do that are either prostitutes or have ulterior motives.
And yet I have had teenagers talk English to me excitedly inside a shop on at least two occassions, and had some guys waiting outside in line at a bank strike up conversations with me about work and the economy. Most recently in early January, a Filipino guy working in Canada and home for a visit started talking to me at a local bank. No ulterior motives, no prostitutes. Just people, making conversation and being genuinely interested. Had similar experiences at the airport.

As for me, I'm a white dude in my early twenties. Make of it what you will. But really no need to have such a pessimistic world view. If you are generally a cheerful and happy person (which I am, I smile a lot I've been told), you will be seen as more approachable. Many Westerns are rather grumpy looking, and thus not approachable.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
banker78 wrote:True. It's really not in the Filipino culture to randomly approach someone to strike up a conversation. Those who do that are either prostitutes or have ulterior motives.
And yet I have had teenagers talk English to me excitedly inside a shop on at least two occassions, and had some guys waiting outside in line at a bank strike up conversations with me about work and the economy. Most recently in early January, a Filipino guy working in Canada and home for a visit started talking to me at a local bank. No ulterior motives, no prostitutes. Just people, making conversation and being genuinely interested. Had similar experiences at the airport.

As for me, I'm a white dude in my early twenties. Make of it what you will. But really no need to have such a pessimistic world view. If you are generally a cheerful and happy person (which I am, I smile a lot I've been told), you will be seen as more approachable. Many Westerns are rather grumpy looking, and thus not approachable.
Yes it happens here from time to time. Many Filipinos are outgoing. With young girls, they are not so shy when in groups w/peers or classmates and in a fun mood. But at the same time, I have found that if you randomly approach strangers in a shopping mall, especially those from decent backgrounds, they tend to be suspicious of your motives. Many of the people I know are really not open to being approached by strangers of the opposite sex in public and told me they would not give a number or even Facebook in most cases. There's more resistance here than say Dominican Republic/Latam or even China to that kind of thing in my experience.

Certain people will come to you. Groups are much easier than individuals or people in pairs even. But if the person you approach is more open minded than average and or gets a good initial vibe of you off the bat, you might get somewhere. Mguy used to post some approach vids in Metro Manila involving himself and sometimes a wing. But I didn't find the reactions of the girls in general to be that warm compared to certain other countries. But then again, he was doing his work in places like Alabang Town Center, not exactly mainstreet provincial Philippines lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MarcosZeitola wrote:

Yes it happens here sometimes. Many Filipinos, depending on situation and context, are actually quite outgoing and chatty even. With young girls, they are not so shy when in groups w/peers or classmates and in a fun mood. But at the same time, I have found that if you randomly approach strangers in a shopping mall, especially those from decent backgrounds, they tend to be suspicious of your motives. Many of the people I know are really not open to being approached by strangers of the opposite sex in public and told me they would not give a number or even Facebook in most cases. There's more resistance here than say Dominican Republic/Latam or even China to that kind of thing in my experience.

Certain people will come to you. Groups are much easier than individuals or people in pairs even. But if the person you approach is more open minded than average and or gets a good initial vibe of you off the bat, you might get somewhere. Mguy used to post some approach vids in Metro Manila involving himself and sometimes a wing. But I didn't find the reactions of the girls in general to be that warm compared to certain other countries. But then again, he was doing his work in places like Alabang Town Center, not exactly mainstreet provincial Philippines lol.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

wow,if this is the best phillipinnes has to offer,better to forget that place to statisfy my yellow fever lol seems the only decent women are some chinese admixed celebs