Best city in China for me?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Best city in China for me?

Post by D_Athlete »

Forum seems pretty dead these days, but maybe there are a few China vets still left.

I'm looking for my ideal city with only one thing in mind for right now: the ability to date numerous high/model quality, gorgeous Chinese girls. 8.5-10/10 on the looks scale. After I'm satisfied with that, I will probably be looking for a Chinese wife from that pool of women.

This most likely isn't going to be possible for me at all in Shanghai or Beijing (at least with ease) because there are simply too many good looking, rich white and rich native Chinese and other East Asian guys to compete with. And I'm sure Shenzhen is slowly becoming that way as well. Though, I still did fairly well in Shanghai when I was living there. I was averaging about 4-6 new girls a month, and I probably could've gotten more if I put in more effort. But most of these girls were 5-7s in looks, with the occasional 8 thrown in.

I have similar tastes to that of an average Chinese guy: I like Chinese girls tall, very thin, pale white skin, jet black hair, somewhat wide-ish eyes, thin, long faces. I myself am white, late twenties, 6' 1, average shape.

Which city would be ideal for me in order to do this?

Or should I go back to Shanghai, get more closely involved in the scene there, make high society connections and hope for the best?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Best city in China for me?

Post by Rock »

D_Athlete wrote:Forum seems pretty dead these days, but maybe there are a few China vets still left.

I'm looking for my ideal city with only one thing in mind for right now: the ability to date numerous high/model quality, gorgeous Chinese girls. 8.5-10/10 on the looks scale. After I'm satisfied with that, I will probably be looking for a Chinese wife from that pool of women.

This most likely isn't going to be possible for me at all in Shanghai or Beijing (at least with ease) because there are simply too many good looking, rich white and rich native Chinese and other East Asian guys to compete with. And I'm sure Shenzhen is slowly becoming that way as well. Though, I still did fairly well in Shanghai when I was living there. I was averaging about 4-6 new girls a month, and I probably could've gotten more if I put in more effort. But most of these girls were 5-7s in looks, with the occasional 8 thrown in.

I have similar tastes to that of an average Chinese guy: I like Chinese girls tall, very thin, pale white skin, jet black hair, somewhat wide-ish eyes, thin, long faces. I myself am white, late twenties, 6' 1, average shape.

Which city would be ideal for me in order to do this?

Or should I go back to Shanghai, get more closely involved in the scene there, make high society connections and hope for the best?
I've heard a place known as 香格里拉 (Xianggelila) may offer the closest to what you are looking for. Find it, go there, and don't forget to follow-up with a juicy photo filled trip report!
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Nice one Rock!

Poor guy is now all over Google Maps looking for it. :)

"Shangri-La is a fictional place described in the 1933 novel Lost Horizon by British author James Hilton. Hilton describes Shangri-La as a mystical, harmonious valley, gently guided from a lamasery, enclosed in the western end of the Kunlun Mountains. Shangri-La has become synonymous with any earthly paradise".
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Post by D_Athlete »

ryanx wrote:Nice one Rock!

Yeah, not quite. It's kinda obvious he's trolling.

Well, this forum is gay. No wonder it's dead.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Wow! A dead gay forum. Now there is a picture.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 26th, 2016, 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Post by D_Athlete »

Ghost wrote:
D_Athlete wrote:
ryanx wrote:Nice one Rock!

Yeah, not quite. It's kinda obvious he's trolling.

Well, this forum is gay. No wonder it's dead.
Trolling does not equal poking fun at your delusional OP. Your OP also comes off as sounding like a monger. And you have a low post count. If someone gave you real advice (well, not that your goal is reasonable at all) you would just say, "OK, thanks for the hot tip! Bye!" You get what you give. I mean, come on, before you had any posts here at all your first move was to PM me asking me about it. As if I'm going to give up what I learned the hard way for free to someone I don't know who wants to monger.

And you have a strange definition of "dead forum."

Chinese women don't want to date mongers. The country is a lot more resilient to that than it used to be. There is nowhere where you will date 10s all the time and get to sleep with them. If you're sincere and marriage-minded, then you'll find decent girls more than likely. Actually, hookers. Which is what you should be doing anyway instead of trying to monger.

I've seen very handsome guys flirt heavily with Chinese girls, with the Chinese girls showing high interest. And then when the guys made a move, they got turned down. Why? The girls knew they were not sincere.
I forgot this forum looks down on "mongers." Well, everyone likes to sow their oats before they settle down. I don't see anything wrong with it. Almost every male foreigner in China does it or attempts to do it, unless they're gay. And like I said, I will eventually marry a Chinese girl when I find one that suits me. How do you find the right and perfect girl for you? You date a lot of them.

Yeah, I'm probably not going to land a 10 (actually I don't believe in 10s) but I'd be satisfied with a 9. And I'm sure 9s are doable. I wouldn't expect it to happen right away, but living months in a city and putting in the effort to meet women, I think it would eventually happen.
Chinese women don't want to date mongers. The country is a lot more resilient to that than it used to be.
Well, Chinese girls were still pretty easy and what someone would call "slutty" for me. But I was in Shanghai.

I mainly PM'd you to ask you which city you had a hard time in, because I didn't think that was possible in China. I've been a member here since 2012, I just haven't posted a lot.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Model quality implies not only a universally very pretty face but also height of 5'7" plus or at very minimum 5'6". That is not so common anywhere in China except in places which artificially attract them from all over (certain jobs, modelling schools, best parts of first tier cities, etc.). Very thin is easy to find anywhere in China though.

Shenzhen is in Guangdong which is Cantonese. There is a higher percentage of middle class people from other provinces in Shenzhen than say Dongguan or Guangzhou I believe. So it may have the highest average height in all of Guangdong. Cas Cantonese are generally quite short on average. If you stand 6 feet tall, you will find yourself about the tallest guy around, even on a train full of people. At 6 feet, you will be in the top 2% I believe. If you travel around Guangdong ex-Shenzhen or Guangzhou, you will find the people are about as short as Filipinos. It's the same in Guangxi and most other parts of southern China.

Northerners are know for being taller. But even in Changchun, Harbin, Dalian, Qingdao, and other northern second tier cities, people are not that tall and a girl who is 5'7" is way above average. The northerners are all tall stereotype is partially a myth. You're probably gonna see more tall people in certain parts of Beijing and Shanghai than second tier northern cities just because money and opportunity attracts the tallest, most beautiful, smartest, most ambitious, etc.

The problem I have with China is that most girls just don't have nice lower body curves. In this regard it's very different from Taipei, Bangkok, or perhaps even Singapore and KL. The mainlanders really live in a bubble, which unlike these other cities with high concentrations of Han Chinese blood, is quite cut off from west culturally. They eat different food, avoid cold beverages, don't use FB/Google/Youtube, and really have their own ways of doing things. Somehow this translates to flat butts and narrow hips in majority of cases. Developed first world Chinese populations eat and drink more like we westerners and somehow in some cases end up with more feminine lower body curves. To a lot of mainlanders, a big booty and wide hips are still considered as just fat it seems.

If you are into stick figures and top heavy gals with porcelain skin, you can find a percentage of taller specimens in most norther cities. They don't go gaga over western guys but if you have the type of look they like, you will get opportunities for sure unless your personality mucks it up. But once you go mongering route, your LT relationship chances diminish. It just seems to be the way it goes. Those 2 paths are somewhat mutually exclusive. Part of it is your mindset, part of it is fate, and part of it is them figuring you out. So choose wisely.

Ultimately, mongers seem to end up with average looking girls even if they started out with great potential. I'm not sure why this is but it seems to play out a lot in my experience. It boils down to a quality vs. quantity choice.
Nami321
Freshman Poster

Post by Nami321 »

According to my point of view Shanghai and Beijing are the best cities for you. I have personal experience both cities and want to suggest you without any confusion. Recently I came back from Beijing before joining the bus tour packages in usa. It was the great Journey for me. We spend a Great time there with a lot spot.