India - Any opinions?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: India - Any opinions?

Post by starchild5 »

DarrylJenks wrote:That's because you can't read you stupid barefoot idiot.

NONE of their waterways would pass a single US standard…..NONE. Do you understand what that means, asshole? Here, let me help you out:
A distraught father whose daughter contracted typhoid muttered in Dr. Chakraborty’s clinic, “The whole country eats excrement?

The doctor weighed the question with more seriousness than he had expected, and said that that was probably true. On the brighter side, she said, it contributed to the eradication of polio in India. People with the best access to the oral polio vaccine discharged it in their stools, allowing the vaccine to reach the drinking water of those on the outer fringes of society.

But in the exchange of germs and maladies between the rich and the poor — a perpetual transaction in Indian society — there is a disturbing trend. The poor live in conditions that make them effective carriers and transmitters of diseases, which the rich then combat with excessive use of antibiotics that are easily available over the counter. This leaves the microbes increasingly resistant to the most powerful drugs of Western medicine, allowing them to transmit the enhanced diseases back to the poor...

There is not yet a cure or vaccine for dengue. But now, scientists from the New Delhi division of the International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, a global research organization, have reported that a vaccine they have developed has shown encouraging results on mice. Dr. Navin Khanna, who is leading the team of researchers, and whose daughter, by coincidence, recently tested positive for dengue, told me, “It will take at least another five years before the vaccine is ready, if everything goes according to plan.” [Highly unlikely]

There are four strains of the dengue virus, and infection with a second strain can fool the immune system, allowing the virus to replicate. When the body finally realizes its mistake, it floods the system with so many immune attackers that they are poisonous. Such patients must be provided intravenous fluids and round-the-clock care to avoid death.

Twenty years ago, just one of every 50 tourists who returned from the tropics with fever was infected by dengue; now, it is one in six
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/world ... oblem.html

hahaha...Really US standard....I knew you are from the greatest land on earth the USA.... :D :D :lol: :lol:

The way you write, your arrogance, speaks for itself being fluoridated, your brain cells are nothing but ions of fluoride toxicity

Keep on drinking the Kool Aid...Fluoridated water, chem-trailed skies and GMO food and get your brains further retarded....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluo ... ted_States

and good luck with your kids when they will be born with Autism

Glyphosate contamination will cause 50% of children to be autistic by 2025, according to researcher

http://www.naturalnews.com/048226_glyph ... _GMOs.html

This is what your great land has to offer....Nothing but cancer and Autism.....

or better..since your kind is expert in killing innocent children and babies all over the world....Why don't you just go ahead and nuclear bomb entire India, since its not f((king upto US standard....kill some million more like its just another day.....and be happy that you are born in the greatest country on earth propaganda.....
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala

National Geographic's Traveller magazine names Kerala as one of the "ten paradises of the world"[412][413] and "50 must see destinations of a lifetime".[414]

Travel and Leisure names Kerala as "One of the 100 great trips for the 21st century".[412][415][416] In 2012, it overtook Taj Mahal to be the number one travel destination in Google's search trends for India.[417] Kerala's beaches, backwaters, mountain ranges and wildlife sanctuaries are the major attractions for both domestic and international tourists. The city of Kochi ranks first in the total number of international and domestic tourists in Kerala.[418][419]

Even the most respected and published papers in the west talk highly about Kerala except few trolls here, who have never been to India :D :D
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

I quit my previous work and im testing some new stuff so im not sure when im ready to travel again but im thinking of an India and philippines tour and possibly cambodia or indonesia. But india would be my first priority as soon as I hit manila. This is a long time off in the future but my trip wont be for women it will be for other reasons. Although i will rest in philippines between each "mini trip" and you never know if i come across wife material between there or any other country but im not looking for a wife or anything.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

starchild5 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala

National Geographic's Traveller magazine names Kerala as one of the "ten paradises of the world"[412][413] and "50 must see destinations of a lifetime".[414]

Travel and Leisure names Kerala as "One of the 100 great trips for the 21st century".[412][415][416] In 2012, it overtook Taj Mahal to be the number one travel destination in Google's search trends for India.[417] Kerala's beaches, backwaters, mountain ranges and wildlife sanctuaries are the major attractions for both domestic and international tourists. The city of Kochi ranks first in the total number of international and domestic tourists in Kerala.[418][419]

Even the most respected and published papers in the west talk highly about Kerala except few trolls here, who have never been to India :D :D
Starchild, you must be from Kerela. Are you? I've been to both Kerela and the Taj Mahal. Comparing a place with natural beauty to a historical place is not useful. That is like saying what is better in the USA the Grand Canyon or White House in Washington DC. They can't be compared. :D Taj Mahal is still one of 7 Wonder of the World. :D What are the 50 must see places of a lifetime?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

WorldTraveler wrote:

Starchild, you must be from Kerela. Are you? I've been to both Kerela and the Taj Mahal. Comparing a place with natural beauty to a historical place is not useful. That is like saying what is better in the USA the Grand Canyon or White House in Washington DC. They can't be compared. :D Taj Mahal is still one of 7 Wonder of the World. :D What are the 50 must see places of a lifetime?

How long should one stay in India if they want to experience the culture but also have time for sightseeing?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

WorldTraveler wrote:

Yes. I'm from Kerala :) ....India is very diverse...We have the highest mountain ranges in the world, plus snow, plus desert, plus oceans, rainforest, tropical climate. I picked the places, what he really wanted to experience..As he said, he also wanted to experience Christianity in India and talk to them etc...So I gave him Kerala the best place as it is the most developed, least crime state in India with the most Christian people in India as well. His trip would include everything he wanted to experience by visiting Kerala and rajhasthan :)
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:

How long should one stay in India if they want to experience the culture but also have time for sightseeing?
India is vast...I'm giving you a time line based on what you wrote here. Couple of weeks to one month would be ideal.

Besides the poverty facade due to western fake fiat currency system that is making India poor. You need to go deep, remove yourself from main stream BS on India and you will enjoy it a lot.

Don't look in India with 500 years of History which was Invaded, raped and conquered by external forces. India has abundance, It was the richest country on earth both in terms of gold and Arts.

First it was invaded by Central Asian Nomad's Genghis Khan and then it was attacked by Persians, and then the Europeans. India was looted and raped for the last 500 years and then made to deal in paper BS money at present.

How do you expect India to be not dirty and poor now?

You need to look past the BS..and you will understand it all.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I have never been able to travel around in India, just short visits. I recommend however everybody who has time (money is not really the problem) to explore India and to stay for at least one full month, better if possible even longer.

It is however wrong by starchild5 to post a picture of old German housings which are used by retired old people, low-income local people of the working class and sometimes by immigrants and to compare these houses with an upper class new bungalow for sale in India and suggesting that Indian workers who are earning an income barely sufficient for their daily needs can rent or even buy such a beautiful large home.

India is indeed not a very rich country, comparing the income of its people, adjusted to purchasing parity. The world bank is listing Germany as no. 24 (int'l $ 47270,-/45620,-) and India as no. 168 (int'l $ 1570,-/5350,-) - This difference in productivity is so huge that starchild5 cannot blame only the currency system for that.

India for sure was able to improve the general income for many citizens, however even Indian sources notice and acknowledge the growing of slums near the cities, especially along of railway lines. Distribution of wealth is in favor to rich people only, the slum population is estimated to be somewhat between 45 and 60 million people. Millions of poor people in India survive with an income of USD 1,- to USD 1.5 per day. This fact cannot be denied.

For sure, India has clearly a developing problem - a severe shortage of functioning canalization and sewage works, fresh water supply and toilets/showers. Many people have no other choice but to defecate 'somewhere'. - Nobody who ever has been in India can deny that, but I have to admit that the neighbouring countries are nothing better, but even worse.

About social life in India, I never expected to marry an Indian woman, but dating is not impossible for a foreign Western man. Rich Indian families are very seclusive, but I met many Indian people in the lower income classes, who are very talkative to Western foreigners, willing to introduce their families, open to international marriage. I met for example Tamil people in Southern India, who were Christians, very open-minded, not so happy in India, interested in foreigners willing to marry their daughters. I think they felt somehow discriminated because of their dark skin and low social status...There are also Indians living near India, who are very open-minded to foreigners, in Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore for example.

What remains unclear to me is the visa-regulation in India, is there something like a retirement visa (like in Thailand) or a spouse visa including working permit (like in Japan)? To enter as a tourist is easy for India, but what about long-stay permits?

For sure it takes a while to find contact with Indian families as a Western foreign man.

Anyway, explore India, have a nice trip.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Yohan wrote:I have never been able to travel around in India, just short visits. I recommend however everybody who has time (money is not really the problem) to explore India and to stay for at least one full month, better if possible even longer.

It is however wrong by starchild5 to post a picture of old German housings which are used by retired old people, low-income local people of the working class and sometimes by immigrants and to compare these houses with an upper class new bungalow for sale in India and suggesting that Indian workers who are earning an income barely sufficient for their daily needs can rent or even buy such a beautiful large home.

India is indeed not a very rich country, comparing the income of its people, adjusted to purchasing parity. The world bank is listing Germany as no. 24 (int'l $ 47270,-/45620,-) and India as no. 168 (int'l $ 1570,-/5350,-) - This difference in productivity is so huge that starchild5 cannot blame only the currency system for that.

India for sure was able to improve the general income for many citizens, however even Indian sources notice and acknowledge the growing of slums near the cities, especially along of railway lines. Distribution of wealth is in favor to rich people only, the slum population is estimated to be somewhat between 45 and 60 million people. Millions of poor people in India survive with an income of USD 1,- to USD 1.5 per day. This fact cannot be denied.

For sure, India has clearly a developing problem - a severe shortage of functioning canalization and sewage works, fresh water supply and toilets/showers. Many people have no other choice but to defecate 'somewhere'. - Nobody who ever has been in India can deny that, but I have to admit that the neighbouring countries are nothing better, but even worse.

About social life in India, I never expected to marry an Indian woman, but dating is not impossible for a foreign Western man. Rich Indian families are very seclusive, but I met many Indian people in the lower income classes, who are very talkative to Western foreigners, willing to introduce their families, open to international marriage. I met for example Tamil people in Southern India, who were Christians, very open-minded, not so happy in India, interested in foreigners willing to marry their daughters. I think they felt somehow discriminated because of their dark skin and low social status...There are also Indians living near India, who are very open-minded to foreigners, in Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore for example.

What remains unclear to me is the visa-regulation in India, is there something like a retirement visa (like in Thailand) or a spouse visa including working permit (like in Japan)? To enter as a tourist is easy for India, but what about long-stay permits?

For sure it takes a while to find contact with Indian families as a Western foreign man.

Poverty is a product of culture. Look at Japan in 1946....destroyed... impoverished...destitute. How long did they stay that way? Not Long, the culture tends to produce prosperity. As a culture collapses, poverty can wax larger as a national product, as can certainly happen in the USA if trends continue. The Culture in the Philippines and Mexico for examples, produce a lot of poverty, which is exported as surely as any other product- with mexico, through illegal immigration to the USA (exporting poverty produced) and with the Philippines, poverty is exported via overseas workers.

The Mystery of Capital by Hernando DeSoto is worth a read in this connection.
Americans are fooling themselves if they think that the USA cannot become a larger producer of poverty as the culture degrades.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Yohan wrote:I have never been able to travel around in India, just short visits. I recommend however everybody who has time (money is not really the problem) to explore India and to stay for at least one full month, better if possible even longer.

Did you attend church there or anything like that?
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon »

My interactions with indians have not been very positive! They can be very arrogant and rude! They have this attitude they're above others particularly if they've come from a lineage of aristocracy. And when it comes to business they have no sense of politeness nor respect. They also have this superiority complex that just because their culture made many contributions as far as philosophy and ideologies are concern, they are better than everyone else that gives them the right to treat others--particularly the less endowed--like dirt; indians are big liars so I don't trust them any further than I can throw up on them as well! Interestingly, on the above note, they have a lot to share with americans!!!
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon »

My interactions with indians have not been very positive! They can be very arrogant and rude! They have this attitude they're above others particularly if they've come from a lineage of aristocracy. And when it comes to business they have no sense of politeness nor respect. They also have this superiority complex that just because their culture made many contributions as far as philosophy and ideologies are concern, they are better than everyone else that gives them the right to treat others--particularly the less endowed--like dirt; indians are big liars so I don't trust them any further than I can throw up on them as well! Interestingly, on the above note, they have a lot to share with americans!!!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

newlifeinphilippines wrote: Did you attend church there or anything like that?
No, I am not religious, but now I have no connection at all to India, only if you mean contact with Christian people in Asia, my only connection since 10 years is with Philippines, Cebu with my Filipina fosterdaughter.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

That's a very skewed view of India. I have been the most critical of India, if you read my past posts.

You are using western economic indicators to compare the life in India, You are not including anything else. Its only when paper fiat currency controlled by the western banks that India has become poor. If you look past that, India was the richest country on earth for much of humanities history like 80% ..Its a fact. India has even today the highest amount of gold per home.

US Dollar has lost like 70% of its value, since it came into existence, Indian ruppee like 80%....I cannot give Indian Rupee or USD to my grand Kids and it would be worthless. I can give the gold that we have and it will have the same value as it had for 1000s of years.

http://observationsandnotes.blogspot.in ... ollar.html

India is in it for long term game, not short terms gains like in the west. India still has more gold than the west, China is catching up now. The real money is gold not paper.

The word bungalow Itself came from India as Indians are used to living in bigger homes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungalow

I have been to almost all places in Germany now and seen over 50 homes inside - outside and almost 80% of the homes are built around
60's and 70's. I'm from a third world country, I should be impressed but I was not as I had seen better in India and The Philippines.

For What I was paying, I was living like in a Ghetto in Germany, did not expect my life to be so downhill in a first world country. I felt suffocated really. I saw some big homes in Munich where the millionaires live and they are impressive indeed but the life of a middle class German is not much better than an Indian Upper middle class guy. The comfort level in Europe is not vast..Its like only 30% better than India and like 10% better than Philippines.

I was paying nil tax in India and in Germany, I had to pay 55% tax as they will cut it from Bank itself. Some Germans I met even told me, In Germany the poverty is different. When they go for social benefits many Germans are made to feel ashamed of depending on government.

Make no mistake. Germans are very honest, straight forward people. I had said this before. They are more honest than Indians and Filipinos. The immigrants in Germany not so much. Germans are over all good people but the government not so much. My complain is not about Germans but the whole equation of living in Germany controlled the government equations.

Anyways, we are beyond India, German Political charade. I just wanted to experience it and gain new insights.

India has now opened up its visa regulations and you can get Visa on Arrival, since you are from Japan and hold a European passport so its no issues. India don't have retirement visas like SEA for now. Politics is too corrupted in India...I don't go there much in India also...India is all corrupt and in the gutter....Its only good for humans,....who can look past it and experience the real India...If you complain about dirty water, pollution, corruption, roads etc...Its not for you...You will never see the real India that was here for like 10,000 + years... Its part of humanities history now...One need to experience it...
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

suprmon wrote:My interactions with indians have not been very positive! They can be very arrogant and rude! They have this attitude they're above others particularly if they've come from a lineage of aristocracy. And when it comes to business they have no sense of politeness nor respect. They also have this superiority complex that just because their culture made many contributions as far as philosophy and ideologies are concern, they are better than everyone else that gives them the right to treat others--particularly the less endowed--like dirt; indians are big liars so I don't trust them any further than I can throw up on them as well! Interestingly, on the above note, they have a lot to share with americans!!!
Well Said...I totally agree...India has degraded to the level of filth. Its in gutter now and people are losing the moral fortitude each and every day. I don't like Indians myself. We smell, We cheat, We are dishonest. We also have very big ego and have no respect of other human beings just because we have some past history " Culture" as they call it.

Well..Now, I will be using some cliche's like NOT ALL INDIANS ARE LIKE THAT :lol: :lol: like not all Filipinos, Americans are like that over used cliche....The general vibe of Indians is exactly how you described.

That's why i referred the OP to specific places where the above is the least and he will get it what he came in India for, meeting with Christians, exploring the places etc.