China expat report

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Seeker wrote: I have a girlfriend and 2 year old baby son whom I stay with every weekend, my girlfriend works at another school in a nearby city. Chinese people assume my girlfriend is Chinese but my son looks very different, with his large eyes, curly hair and thick, long eyelashes even longer than mine he doesn't look Asian at all despite being mixed. The attention that this little man gets is far beyond any other baby that I've ever seen. In department stores he gets mobbed by women getting right in his face, wherever I take him I keep overhearing "piao liang" (beautiful) over and over again, when I take him on the school campus a small crowd of girls gather around, one time I took him on a night out with us and all the girls there lined up to kiss him on the lips (I never should have allowed that). All this goes to show just how much Chinese women are enthralled by a cute, beautiful, exotic look. If he wasn't mine I would be jealous, but as it is I can live vicariously through him! :lol:
Aww, how cute

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

KokujinKrusader wrote:I got the same thing (to a lesser degree, I get the same here in the States too though), although I wasn't lifting as much being a smaller guy. I guess being a little guy putting up reasonable weight is an attention getter (and in the case of China, being the only foreigner at the gym).
Are you the guy in that blog? Unless you're another black guy who's recently returned from a trip to China and Taiwan. :lol:
MitchelJames
Freshman Poster

Re: China expat report

Post by MitchelJames »

Just visited Beijing a month ago and Internet is such a big problem. China has a firm restrictions on their internet connections. I asked a friend who have been in China and suggested to use a VPN connection like http://www.sunvpn.net/.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In case anyone's interested:

Top Jobs & Business Opportunities for Expats in China
https://www.expatkings.com/business-opp ... -in-china/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Winston wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 3:07 am
In case anyone's interested:

Top Jobs & Business Opportunities for Expats in China
https://www.expatkings.com/business-opp ... -in-china/
This article is over 4 years old which is basically a lifetime in China.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

China is still a relatively easy place to get into and work and live here if you want to teach.

If you want to do something other than teaching (and it is teachers they need) then you need money or connections.

I would always advise anyone who wants to live in China and they don't want to teach or they don't have the qualifications is to save up, study Mandarin at a Chinese university. Then they have enough time to make connections, meet people, loads of women on campus.

China has all the bakers, bricklayers, plumbers, brain surgeons and nurses that it needs. They don't need anyone else from the west apart from English teachers :lol:
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

yick wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 6:26 pm
China is still a relatively easy place to get into and work and live here if you want to teach.

If you want to do something other than teaching (and it is teachers they need) then you need money or connections.

I would always advise anyone who wants to live in China and they don't want to teach or they don't have the qualifications is to save up, study Mandarin at a Chinese university. Then they have enough time to make connections, meet people, loads of women on campus.

China has all the bakers, bricklayers, plumbers, brain surgeons and nurses that it needs. They don't need anyone else from the west apart from English teachers :lol:
Yea what westerman do beter than chinaman cepting english well maybe you big sportman play basketball semi pro ok or other sport maybe have but you need be so really good for chancings for china full of geek and mathman programan all other profesion skill chinaman so so clever so smart can do all no need westerman expert for nada

for teach english is only for the kidies or also having the jobys for teach the bizman adulters profesional for what i readings before all the teacher get teach kidy or student maybe best or like bum in china good bsman get funny jobing chances but after chinaman see you fony balony they call out for whitepower finish kaput for you still fornerman just less shunment in compare to darkman forner
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've pretty much burnt my bridges to China (and I guess Hong Kong). I got annoyed about covid and posted pro-democracy stuff on WeChat as soon as I fled and had downed enough pints of Tiger. It's not a crime (if you post on an account created with a non-China phone number) but Xi has ruined the place and I'm never going back while he's on the throne.

It's really poor for dating now too as the locals are too suspicious of foreigners. The A List youtubers (Laowhy, the South African with the hot wife) were smart to leave while they could. Watch Laowhy's harrowing account of how he fled and got his family out!

About the only good think from my China 2.0 story 2017 - 2020 was the students were great fun to teach and I had a memorable time actually doing something with my two TEFL certificates.

Weirdly the teaching bug has stuck and now I'm teaching in my native UK.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.