It's time for Africa - Ethiopia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

It's time for Africa - Ethiopia

Post by ryanx »

As Shakira said in her song...I am seriously considering going to Ethiopia as my first country in Africa because of all the good things I have heard about it.

Right now I am in the land of the Croats - Croatia. Beautiful country, but a lot of dour people who smoke constantly everywhere! At least 20 to 30 years behind Western Europe in that respect. The girls are reallty tall so not really a good place for anybody under 5'10". Some good quality cheap dental treatment to be had, which was a prime reason for coming here.

I wonder who here has been to Ethiopia and knows somethig about it. My main concern is accommodation. I usually use AirBnB for some countries which sometimes works out really well and cheap, in others I may use capsule hotels in more modern countries like Japan or Singapore.

So how about Addis Ababa? What are the standard, quality and price of hotels? Or other accommodation options for a stay of no less than a month.

I know the food is good and the girls are friendly and approachable, but how easy is it to get them into bed or at least to make friends with to have some pleasant company? If we use Philippines as our baseline (5/5 on a scale of 1 - 5).

Seeing at least a part of Africa is on my bucket list, so I am excited about it.

Cheers

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Re: It's time for Africa - Ethiopia

Post by Luc Furr »

Spent 10 days in Addis this past Sept 2014. What a sh*t hole.

I stayed at Wutma "hotel" in the Piazza. noisy but cheap....maybe 200 birr (can't remember for certain too many hotels over the past few months). Such a strange place...there was music blasting away all night and the sounds of people partying but one night I went outside to look and nobody was there...just noise from a speaker....blk mgc use caution in that country.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Wow! I am disappointed to hear all of that. I was hoping for a positive response. What about all these things i hear about beautiful women and friendly people and nice food and relatively safe etc etc?
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

ryanx wrote:Wow! I am disappointed to hear all of that. I was hoping for a positive response. What about all these things i hear about beautiful women and friendly people and nice food and relatively safe etc etc?

I wouldn't base my decision on an opinion from Lose Furr. There is a recent post on Roosh in the travel section which paints a completely different picture. The OP of that thread comes across as a normal human being.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

ryanx wrote:Wow! I am disappointed to hear all of that. I was hoping for a positive response. What about all these things i hear about beautiful women and friendly people and nice food and relatively safe etc etc?
Never been there but check out Naughty Nomads thread on the country. He praises the country a lot, especially the women. Not sure how reliable of a source he is but he seems honest in the country reports I've read.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

hammanta wrote:
Never been there but check out Naughty Nomads thread on the country. He praises the country a lot, especially the women. Not sure how reliable of a source he is but he seems honest in the country reports I've read.
Its a good idea to get your info from someone that's not drunk and high everyday, they'll make it sound like paradise.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Taco wrote:
hammanta wrote:
Its a good idea to get your info from someone that's not drunk and high everyday, they'll make it sound like paradise.
Plus the fact that I am much older than Naughty Nomad and what might suit him will probably be irritating to me.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

ryanx wrote:
Taco wrote:
hammanta wrote:
Plus the fact that I am much older than Naughty Nomad and what might suit him will probably be irritating to me.
Wasn't aware of your demographic or purpose but it was simply a suggestion. But he has many country reports that he's honest about in terms of how women look, the ease of getting them, and the country overall. I wouldn't take it too seriously but it's something to work off of if there isn't much else.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Thank you. I have read his reports.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

LOL I just read that most of the marriages are due to abduction. WTF?
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Where did you read that?
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

I found this article - unbelieveable !

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 22263.html