Does me being Asian hamper the growth of this site?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Does me being Asian hamper the growth of this site?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I have a theory. This site might have grown twice as fast as it did, and might have double the regular members that it does now, if I was a White guy rather than an Asian guy. Do you think that's true?

The thing is, most white guys I'd imagine, prefer to frequent sites run by other white guys, and prefer to be regular members on forums run by other white guys. So when they see my home page, and see that I'm an Asian guy, they assume that it's for other Asian guys and so they do not stay or join this forum.

What degree do you think that's true?

I think it makes sense, since most people prefer their own kind, including those who are in our movement.

Of course it's hard to gauge how much traffic or regular members we might have lost just cause I'm Asian and not White. But it's probably been a factor at least.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

Probably... to be honest, you most likely face a lot less discrimination and racism being an Asian. I always thought Asian guys had it easy picking up Asian/White women... I mean don't you have citizenship in some place in asia?
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Your kidding, right? The thought never crossed my mind. I thought we were just a bunch of guys chatting. I was raised in the 70s, you know: everyone's your brother and all that stuff....

At most, I felt you had a unique perspective on the situation with women that maybe us honkeys just take for granted. If it's any consolation I've dated an Iranian lady, who is the most beautiful women I've ever known, and madly lusted after a gorgeous Vietnamese girl in college, but I never had a chance...
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston,

No one cares what race you are. The ideas will turn off most people and that cannot be helped.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

Yeah, I don't think theres many neo nazis that are interested in meeting asian women, so don't worry about your ethnic background Winston. The biggest problem with this site is a lack corporate sponsership.

The guy that runs "plentyoffish.com" gets paid by google just for putting googles hyperlink all over his site. The guy gets a cheque from google for $950,000 every 6 months, I saw it on TV. Plentyoffish.com gets so many people coming to it google is happy to pay for advertising there hyperlink. All you need to do is start a free dating section on this forum and get enough people coming to this site and you'll be making the big bucks!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:Winston,

No one cares what race you are. The ideas will turn off most people and that cannot be helped.
True, but I was not referring to the mainstream. I was referring to expats who share our views and are living the global dating lifestyle or looking for foreign women. Among that group, the white males probably prefer being a fan of a site that is run by a white guy. At least some of them do. Doesn't that make sense? When they see an Asian guy running this site, they automatically think it's for Asians. People group by their own kind and race, after all. Isn't that logical based on the pattern of human behavior?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

dano wrote:Yeah, I don't think theres many neo nazis that are interested in meeting asian women, so don't worry about your ethnic background Winston. The biggest problem with this site is a lack corporate sponsership.

The guy that runs "plentyoffish.com" gets paid by google just for putting googles hyperlink all over his site. The guy gets a cheque from google for $950,000 every 6 months, I saw it on TV. Plentyoffish.com gets so many people coming to it google is happy to pay for advertising there hyperlink. All you need to do is start a free dating section on this forum and get enough people coming to this site and you'll be making the big bucks!
Wow 2 million dollars a year for a dating site? Damn. That's insane. I don't think a corporation would sponsor a site this controversial though. lol

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:
globetrotter wrote:Winston,

True, but I was not referring to the mainstream. I was referring to expats who share our views and are living the global dating lifestyle or looking for foreign women. Among that group, the white males probably prefer being a fan of a site that is run by a white guy. At least some of them do. Doesn't that make sense? When they see an Asian guy running this site, they automatically think it's for Asians. People group by their own kind and race, after all. Isn't that logical based on the pattern of human behavior?
What the f**k are you talking about?
I was referring to expats who share our views and are living the global dating lifestyle or looking for foreign women. Among that group, the white males probably prefer being a fan of a site that is run by a white guy.
Expats don't care.
White guys don't care.

I know that among blacks, hispanics and other ethnic groups in the USA that there is this myth that when only White Men are around that White Men then begin to use every racial slur in the book, are all prejudiced, and kill small asian children for fun. I don't know why or how or where you get such ideas but they are completely untrue. There is also this myth that white men talk in code wrt other ethnic groups (bullshit) and prefer only to have white guys around (more bullshit). Now we have the Internetz version of this whereby only Asian Guys want to visit your website? You are kidding, right?

Since 1970 the percentage of racist assholes I have met is less than 1%. They simply don't exist anymore.

Your point of view is dealing with a reality that simply does not exist.

Online no one knows my age, race or nationality.

AND NO ONE CARES!

Here is a secret for you:
You know how there are many MRM's, MRA's and MGTOW fora and types around here? Did you know that about 40% of those guys ARE BLACK? Many of your members here are black, Winston. They don't mention it because it just does not matter.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I hope you're right, but why are so many MRA forums composed of so many blacks?

And what does MGTOW stand for?

Remember that although I support men's rights, I didn't start this site as a men's rights movement. I started it to expose feminism for what it really is and to give lonely men a solution abroad.

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:I hope you're right, but why are so many MRA forums composed of so many blacks?

And what does MGTOW stand for?

Remember that although I support men's rights, I didn't start this site as a men's rights movement. I started it to expose feminism for what it really is and to give lonely men a solution abroad.
MGTOW
Men Going Their Own Way.

More blacks because black women in the USA are the worst, total matriarchy, 75% of kids born out of wedlock, men reduced to sperm donors only (I don't need no damn man!), all are unmarried, single mothers the norm, terrible to be with or date, nightmares, efc.
I hope you're right...
Winston, this isn't a matter of 'hope'. I am white. I spend some time around other only white guys, trust me. We don't behave like you think.
It just isn't true. It is a lie, a falsehood. It doesn't matter. No one cares. It's 2010 for f***s sake.

Your website gets low traffic because of the thousands of MRA's and guys I know who are fed up with the USA only 20 have left of thousands I know about. Very small percentage actually DO IT and GO. Very very few. Most will post here forever, never leave, or set up an impossible to reach goal in money or time length.

Once you do it, though, you end up meeting ONLY others who have take the leap. Funny how life works.
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

I don't mean to hijack this thread but what happened to make black girls like that and is it preventable?
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

New thread elsewhere.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

It is unlikely. There is some racism against Asians, but only a trickle. I know lots of white guys who are racist, but they only hate black people. The most racist white guys actually like Asians. I think that may be a problem on some MRA sites that most guys are black and white guys are somewhat put off by it.

Having said that, I dont think this is the case with this site. I think the internet has had its day and people have gotten over the novelty. I think you are just a few years too late. The internet was more popular back between 2004-2007. Every site I have been visiting from foreign bride forums (planet love) to fitness forums to MRA sites have had a drastic decrease in the number of active posting members.

Besides that, most men are still in the Matrix of how wonderful American women are. If you attack American women, many guys in this country will still want to physically assault you. That's even after their second divorce in which they lost everything. Dont underestimate the power of media propaganda and culture to brainwash people into self destruction. It is on the whole almost perfectly effective.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Wwu, this is a fitness website I belong to. They are complaining of the very same thing you are, without the racial angle.

http://www.anabolex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61114

it is internet wide. Check out that thread though.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

This is hard to gauge and is a question that is hard to answer because of that. You think if you looked like Brad Pitt, you would get more hits? Maybe, but you would probably get called a racist, a traitor, an un-American and cursed by red necks and other such "patriots". Being Asian protects you and while people like these would probably not join your forum:
http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/cgi-bin/ ... dneck2.jpg
The do not have much money to travel to where we are, anyway.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!