Having lots of luck in Brazil... mostly GOOD!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Having lots of luck in Brazil... mostly GOOD!

Post by manly5000 »

I figured that title would get your attention, for those who remember my bad luck Mexico thread... LOL! 8)

I say "mostly GOOD!" because while I've met lots of women, I still haven't found the one that I really hit it off with.

Well friends, I've been here in Rio for a month now and felt it was time to offer up a report for my buds here on HA.

Rio is an interesting place. It really is my "speed" more or less because it has the big "beach, bodybuilding, tropical paradise" vibe I've always dreamt of finding. For me nothing is as relaxing (for a big city anyway) as walking up and down the beach in Ipanema and Leblon, taking in the sights, and watching all the people doing their stuff. HOWEVER, I find myself itching to get out there and explore more of the country. Brazil is much, MUCH bigger than just Rio.

First, the women:

As much as it isn't my style, I've been with 4 different girls since I arrived a month ago.

1st girl was a 21 year old half-black half-white girl who was waiting to meet me and spend my birthday with me, which just happened to be my first full day in Rio. She was cute but rather boring... we were supposed to go out to the beach and a dance club in addition to eating dinner at a Churrascaria, but she wasn't feeling good and we wound up just going to dinner. No beach or Club. On my birthday. Kinda wrecked the whole day for me, but she stayed the night and the next morning she gave me my "present"... lol.

2nd girl was a 40 year old black girl who had 2 kids but they were grown out of the house. She interested me because she was working and was free outside of work since she wasn't going to school or taking care of any kids... and because she was very short and had that nice Brazilan booty... LOL. We were "together" for about a week but she was rather pushy and rude and didn't really fit what I was looking for in a long-term partner.

3rd girl was pretty much a full-blown ONS which is very rare for me... sex without love for me is terrible, but she was a thin, white, blonde 43-year old woman with no kids who was traveling around Brazil trying to find a new place to live and new life (like me, traveling the world seeking a new life). We parted ways the next day and that was it.

4th girl was yesterday. Another 21-year-old, but this girl is aggressive, passionate, and very very CUTE lol. She's black and I sh!t you not, her face looks JUST like Stacey Dash did in the early 90s... the only problem? She is overweight by a good margin. Looking at her facebook pics a couple years ago she was much thinner and had a rather nice body, but for whatever reason, she blew up a bit. I think she would be definite LTR material if she could lose the weight, and I can certainly help her with that since I want to be a personal trainer here in Rio, but I honestly am not looking for a "project chick" to "fix-up" hahahahaa. She wanted to go back to her place after our first date yesterday, and when we did, she pretty much jumped me. I am one weak-willed sonofabitch... LOL! But she is a helluva lot of fun... I could see myself feeling like a teenager again with this one.

With these 4 I haven't really found "the one" yet... it seems like there could be "quimica" or Chemistry for you non-portuguese speaking bastards reading this thread LOL... but there are always deal-breaking things that turn me off and turn me away.

As far as Rio goes, this is one helluva cool city. Only thing is, as you expect, this place is EXPENSIVE as all hell... but there are ways to ease the hit on your wallet if you like to cook and learn the public transit system.

I was originally going to stay for 2 weeks, then start exploring the rest of Brazil... but after traveling all around Mexico for a month and a half, only staying in each place for a few days, I wanted to throw down somewhere for a while and "relax". Of all the cities in the world, Rio de Janeiro is the place I've built up in my head over the years to be the be-all and end-all of paradise. So I'm still here, trying to find "the one". But I am getting tired... oh so tired...

Brazilian women in general are pretty quick to jump in the sack. I'm a man who tends to give in when propositioned, but to me that still isn't a great thing. I have mucho mucho respect for women who want to wait a while and take things slow, and I avoid pressuring them into anything when I find one. I actually had a few dates with a 5th girl over the last week but she was a bit TOO frigid, didn't even want to hold hands but at the end of the 5th date I managed to get her to make out with me a bit. She's a semi-famous singer/actress/performer that travels the world singing on cruise lines and in europe, but she apparently has only been with 2 other guys in her life, and she's 30 years old. Thick thick THICK afro-brazilian girl with a humoungous ass.... and very cute and very sweet to talk to. But I don't think that she has any real attraction for me, so who knows.

I have an 18 year old virgin interested in me, but she lives in Vitoria, a city in another state in Brazil... That's a bit young for me, I'm worried about the immaturity level potential a bit, but honestly that is the ideal scenario for a girl that I would want to marry and have kids with. She's cute, in shape, and has a VERY close connection with her family... so for lifelong partner that is ideal. And being that she lives outside of Rio, chances are much better that she would in fact stay married. Her parents are still married and she has a deep love for them.

This is the kind of girl that I would NEVER make ANY kind of attempt to get sexual too quickly. A real "diamond-in-the-rough". She believes in love and so do I, so... maybe I should pack my bags and head deeper into Brasil to meet her.

I'm running out of things to say, so PLEASE, ask me questions and I will answer. Hope you enjoyed this trip report!
Out in the world living the dream!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Re: Having lots of luck in Brazil... mostly GOOD!

Post by manly5000 »

Other observations about Brazil:

Portuguese? This language is fun but WEIRD as all get-out... When I listen to people speak with each other in the street, they always sound like they are about to get into a fight and start duking it out... but then they smile and laugh and everything is good. The language is very VERY aggressive and somewhat crude.

Brazilians are LOUD and don't give a crap. Chances are when you go to a restaurant, you will see a group at a table having a party or bridal shower of some kinds, shouting and carrying on at the top of their lungs. You WILL have a massive headache by the time you are done eating, so be prepared LOL.

Women here LOVE their tattoos.... I don't. YUK.

That is all for now. Ask away, gents!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Not sure why I missed this post before. THANK YOU for a realistic, truthful report.

Most of us have had a period like this, getting laid because we could, but not with Miss Right.

Interesting about the tatts. I hate them too.

It'll be interesting to see your next move.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks buddy!! At least SOMEONE responded to my damn trip report... it's like, what's the point anymore? May as well just travel only for myself and forget about sharing it with the e-community. But I've been traveling for myself the whole time, so, I digress.... kkkkkkkkkkk

By the way I still owe you a beer you magnificent b@stard! 8)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

manly5000 wrote:
But I've been traveling for myself the whole time
Sadly I guess the only johnson that traveled with you to Brazil is yours....
:wink:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Good stuff manly5000, but you still owe us some pics :mrgreen:

Also I haven't done better than you but, could you aim a little higher? truth is you/i could get old or black chicks in the states, so what's the point?. Please don't take it the wrong way as i really appreciate you as a poster, few but substantial non-BS posts.
How have hotter girls reacted/behaved towards you? I myself haven't had much success here in southamerica; I've only visited some cities that suck, with cold girls. I'm currently getting a car to spend some time on the other second tier cities but the deal has been really slow.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

I feel like the problem this particular thread faced is that it got buried under a couple of other threads that are super active and being posted in by basically the same people over and over, so this one kind of slipped under the radar (since this forum is not updated with ‘original’ content daily or anything, so it’s not a ‘must check’ section). This was definitely the case with me.

Brazil is on my list of places to visit, but I know next to nothing about the culture (other than that they as a country have a disproportionate representation in combat sports), so its attraction at present is almost exclusively the women. Since it’s behind several other places, the answers may not even be valid by the time (if/when) I wind up getting down there.

How is the social scene? I see some people saying Brazil is really great, people are friendly, etc. and others saying they’re angry all the time, mean, cold, etc. This part isn’t exclusively about women. I’m a Washingtonian. Being able to interact with people without being made to feel like some kind of freak is big to me, possibly the biggest bugaboo I have period.

Did you meet these women via the internet (it seems suggested with a few of them at least), or ‘on the ground?’

What’s your Portuguese like? I’m assuming it’s better than beginner level if you’re thinking of going to rural Brazil (or semi-rural; there are like 8 places in Brazil called Vitoria, and I have no idea which one you’re talking about). I’m generally the type who’s neurotic enough to try to become at least semi-passable at a language before I go there, but I’m just wondering where I’d need to be. In my experience, Brazilians seem somewhat reticent about speaking English, though that doesn’t mean that they don’t know it, or couldn’t tell me in a pinch if I was, say, running down the street on fire and asking them where a large body of water was. But just for reference’s sake.