The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Re: The Philippines: Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Post by globe-trotter »

Tony9113 wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:While I agree that foreign women are generally better than most American women, going the foreign route is not the panacea some men would have you believe.

I just returned from the Philippines a couple of days ago, and my experiences there were not what I was promised.

First of all, there is a myth that Philippine women like much older men. That is not true at all. Virtually all the young, middle class Philippine women I saw walking around in the malls were coupled up with young Philippine men. What does that tell you?
Secondly, unless you are super-attractive, with a chiseled face and strong jawline, women in the Philippines will avoid eye contact with you. They may not be arrogant and bitchy about it, like American women are. They may not have the stuck up attitude, but make no mistake about it, they will still let you know that they don't find you attractive.

So, in conclusion, if you are old and ugly in America, you will be old and ugly in the Philippines. There is no salvation in escaping to some Third World country on the other side of the world. You cannot buy love, not even in the Philippines. You can only buy sex and pseudo-romance. If that's what you want, fine. But don't delude yourself that you can circumvent nature's paradigm by simply traveling to a non feminist country. You will be very disillusioned. I myself felt very lonely and isolated in the Philippines. It is a terrible country to meet women. You can't even make friends there. I guess MGTOW and ghosting is the only way.
Welcome home! :D
I think you're right.. if you are old and ugly in America, you will be old and ugly EVERYWHERE! :D
You know a few days ago I met Philippine women on Kovla dating she invites to come to her....And now, after your post I don't know.. Should I go? :D
You can certainly hook up with a young woman in the Philippines, just be aware that she might be after your resources, and not you (if you are in fact 'old and ugly' :wink:). Some women don't date men, they date lifestyles.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Globe trotter none of the regular working girls in angeles (not bar girls) were smiley or you think possibly receptive if you had talked to them? I found angeles girls in general the only ones that were very friendly and open to foreigners. Even the maid that cleaned my hotel probably would have had sex with me LOL Im not saying theyd go up and start conversations necessarily but you could tell they were smiley and more open to it if you were to approach and talk to them. But like you i still have confidence issues so its not that easy.

but back to the original premise. If we have to use style and game and long courtship and social finesse to find any woman in philippines (or other countries there) then this troubling. it means the hot women wont be easy to get. yeah maybe a dirty squatter girl might flirt with you. but not the classy women we really want.

ill repeat this again though I did have workers who were very smily and approachable in angeles city. they were not prostitutes and i think some never even had a foreign boyfriend in fact im sure of it. they were very cute in fact better than anything i got in philippines. I know angeles city isn ot a place to fall in love but these girls are more open to westerners and i think probably would be a better place to meet women there if your striking up conversations or flirting with them or even handing out your number. Honestly maybe if i pass through philippines again i may stay in angeles not for prostitutes but cause of the friendly working normal girls. You just better portray yourself as a serious guy and not a monger if you want to get them.

I also remember some really cute girl ni manila airport with braces looking and smiling at me like a God while walking about. she wasn't rich or classy looking but very cute to the point of even being marriage material maybe. Who knows where she was from though. I normally dont get those kind of looks though from really cute girls but im not normally by myself in the philippines either. I do get some attention though wherever i go but not enough where you still dont have to do the legwork and need confidence. maybe if i ever go back to philippines ill stay in angeles city for friendliness and maybe some city other than cebu and manila where its a little less traveled. Everyone keeps saying stay awy from the big metro areas i think they are right. Cebu and manila definitely are too tourist orientated for a guy. Angeles/subic/boracay/dumuaguete also are but i just include angeles cuase the women there are friendly.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

marcos so you really think if a random shy guy starts hitting on filipina women he will get lucky and strike it with a nice women of quality who is very attractive or very cute? Even mr bluelight tried to hit up mall girls and found them all too busy. Im talking hot women (or very cute young dark girl) . Cause settling for less seems like a waste of time if one is gonna travel and waste all this time and money to pursue that.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Globe trotter none of the regular working girls in angeles (not bar girls) were smiley or you think possibly receptive if you had talked to them?
Yes, the prostitutes were receptive, but my criticisms are not against these women. They are against regular Philippine women. I don't even have anything against them, only with the men who make false claims about them.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

globe-trotter wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Globe trotter none of the regular working girls in angeles (not bar girls) were smiley or you think possibly receptive if you had talked to them?
Yes, the prostitutes were receptive, but my criticisms are not against these women. They are against regular Philippine women. I don't even have anything against them, only with the men who make false claims about them.

I meant regular women. The hotel workers were smiley and nice. In fact that was the first thing i noticed when i got to angeles. The waitresses were also nice but not overly flirtateous. it would take some work no matter what even in angeles to start talking to them though and who knows if they would shoot me down.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

A waitress or store clerk anywhere near Fields ave - if she is attractive you got to figure she has been hit on at least a thousand times already. And why would any "nice girl" there respond to you? I mean, unless she is monumentally stupid, she knows why any westerner goes to Angeles ....
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Mr Natural wrote:she knows why any westerner goes to Angeles ....
lol :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

if globetrotter didn't get any attention or nice smiles from regular women in angeles its cause he blew through that town so fast and went straight into the bar which doesn't count.

I actually think for globetrotter and guys like me who lack confidence angeles is a good place cause the women are more receptive to foreigners. Its hard for us to initiate conversations and they seen so many foreigners that they might have an easier time talking to you or even starting the flirting. Out of all the places i been to philippines only angeles seemed to have that flirtateous atmosphere of the women and im not even talking about the bar girls. Just ask anyone who has been to the province or mindanao how hard it is to get a girl to open up? provincial cebu girls might be friendly i never walked around their alone but metro cebu and metro manila girls on average are kind of bitchy or in their own world only the ugly ones or pros are super friendly. provincial girls may stare and give you attention but they are so shy and reserved there it will take work. Its either angeles or province, ill pick angeles. Church is also a good place if your shy but youd have to almost live there for that to work cause the church girls are shy and suspect. The hot ones in church are not in an abudance and they will tend to keep their distance or be hard to get to like any girl in america. It will be hard to hit on a girl in church too.

The biggest problem i see with going with girls with angeles is once they fall in love or go with a foreigner like you whos to say they might not start playing the foreigner cock carousel. it could. Even a nice girl can fall into temptation once she has had a taste of it. many of these girls wont go into a bar cause its too extreme but all it takes is one foreigner boyfriend to get them to become a slut sometimes.

lots of girls selling their bodies so many guys dont even bother hitting up locals or at least go out of their way to try real hard. I seen plenty of nice girls in pampanga. In cebu most of the girls are distant and have attitude. I know americaninbangkok says never to fall in love in pattaya so that would include angeles under his standards but im not talking bar girls or massage girls im talking normal cute naive waitresses or hotel workers trying to make a living.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

globe-trotter wrote:I've given up on dating sites precisely for the reason you mention-- you have to input your age, in which case young women will screen you out. If you lie about your age, you eventually have to come clean, which is really pathetic and embarrassing. I found that it is much easier to attract women in real life (hard as that may be).
But online dating may be the perfect solution for you. You find it much easier to attract women in real life, you say? I very much doubt that. And even if this was true, then you still don't approach any due to your social anxiety and general lack of a spine, which is why online dating is perfect for you: it's far easier to send a girl a message then to approach her IRL, especially for someone like you. Then you establish a connection with her, and meet up when you visit her country.

And don't say your age is a factor... it isn't in the Philippines when it comes to online dating. Not when you are only 45, and guys as old as 65 and above are known to have found women through the internet, many of whom are quite happy together. There are even Filipina's who are simply tired from dealing with young men (foreign and local) who have far higher sex drives, are more prone to cheating and a lot more immature in many cases; some even write it as a requirement that the man they look for is 40+, and these are girls between 22-30 I'm talking about, if not younger!

You really have a amazing opportunities and prospects, man. Don't think for even a second that being 45 and homely looking is as big of a deal in the Philippines as it is in America; you offer a certain stability that many women will find themselves drawn towards. Just give it a try, because you already have "no" and "yes" is always right around the corner. ;)
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

I agree with marcos. The one solution that would have been easiest was dating sites and he totally blew that. Man talk about a wasted vacation. I dont think hell find his wife easily on a dating site but it will be easier to have a friend off the site then going alone. Any country i plan to visit ill probably use a dating site to make friends with women so at least they can help me feel comfortable when going somewhere i never been. You can ditch them if they are annoying or not what you want.

And i still say angeles would have been a good place for most socially awkward guys IF THEY learn to not go with freelance hoes and bargirls. If you can practice daygame and meeting women there is no place better than angeles I think. Just dont fall in love there easily cause most probably wont be good but its a place to socialize and you never know.

By the way there is a guy on bebotsonly that was like mid 40's who looked like an alien and he married an 19 year old hottie. So obviously dating sites and a large age gap works even if its based on money (its obvious it was but still he has a woman and yo dont).

i had one dating site filipina 26 say sh e picked a 55 year old man cause she thought he would be more reliable but he was talking to other girls when he went home and she was heartbroken. Some filipinas think the older guys are more reliable (not true many are mongers)
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

nlitp wrote:By the way there is a guy on bebotsonly that was like mid 40's who looked like an alien and he married an 19 year old hottie.
I know who you're talking about lol I think starchild "crashed" at his place one time haha
But seriously that chick he got was out of this world, good for him. Unfortunately it seems all pictures are down on the site.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11296

that is just proof that age is never a worry in phil. Personally im not even gonna get fired up to go to asia until im old enough to at least have a 20 year age gap (im too young right now LOL)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Yes here they are right here. If this guy can marry her then you know the story. By the way her sister gail was also on bebots but some guys were sending her money. she comes off as a slezy scammer (gail) not her sister who married. I heard that this alien looking guy though was married before (must be rich cause hes ugly LOL) and he was calling her up after they got married. thats what some relative left a comment one time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgaOm2LQe0w
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:there is a guy on bebotsonly that was like mid 40's who looked like an alien and he married an 19 year old hottie.
Yeah I remember her, name was Joy as I recall. And her sister Gail was awesome too. But that guy bebotsonly (whatever the hell that means) is some kind of flake. His modus operandi seemed to be getting guys to "sponsor" various outings to shopping malls and restaurants etc (even though the guy paying wasn't there!) and filming them for his youtube channel. The impression I got was that he was training all those chicks to expect a sugar daddy. Not to mention that all the girls seemed to be from the Angeles area, a huge red flag. Not too surprised that his matchmaking biz didn't make it, but he seems to have plenty of money without a job, he had several youtube vids about his expensive house and how he spends most of his time playing video games.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Both sisters are delicious