Camiguin and I Win Big Time!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Camiguin and I Win Big Time!

Post by davewe »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Camiguin and I Win Big Time!

Post by OutWest »

Dave....you are gonna RUIN it!

Note to all: Camiguin is this awful dreadful place filled with deadly snakes, terrorists, mosquitos the size of blackbirds and Obama Staff members and community organizers...beheadings are a daily occurrence... Flea flea!!!! If you go there you will be tortured day and night and then night and day! Flea flee!!!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Outwest - I will make sure after we go to tell everyone how it sucked. Go to Boracay instead!

Of course no one here on HA will go to Camiguin. Don't think there's any p4p, bar girls, mall pick up sites, or general mongering.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

davewe wrote:Outwest - I will make sure after we go to tell everyone how it sucked. Go to Boracay instead!

Of course no one here on HA will go to Camiguin. Don't think there's any p4p, bar girls, mall pick up sites, or general mongering.
I think you are right... Touché
There might even be an ordinance against douche-bags...so that really cuts down on the visitors....
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Of course no one would go to an exotic secluded island unless they were already married or taken and had a boatload of cash to spend to go to some expensive secluded spot. The single guys would go to somewhere more practical that is around infrastructure and people.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

...three weeks later, the book "BANG Camiguin" goes on sale...

But seriously ,that's amazing, what a paradise.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Of course no one would go to an exotic secluded island unless they were already married or taken and had a boatload of cash to spend to go to some expensive secluded spot. The single guys would go to somewhere more practical that is around infrastructure and people.
It's actually pretty cheap, which was one of the reasons we decided against Bora. But you're right, a single guy is not going to go, unless he's interested in one particular girl.

Ironically one of our best friends met her husband to be while in Camiguin. But I know that's not what you and most of the other HAers are interested in.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

droid wrote:...three weeks later, the book "BANG Camiguin" goes on sale...

But seriously ,that's amazing, what a paradise.
I like the title!

My experience and impression of the Philippines is different from some others and if I had to do it again I would do the opposite of what most guys do, and in fact the opposite of what I did. I would find a place I wanted to visit first and search for a woman second. Because in my experience, finding an attractive Pinay is easy - they are everywhere. Finding a place you want to spend a week, or a month, or a lifetime - that's harder.

But as Outwest said, that isn't Camiguin, which as you can tell from the video, is a complete pit :)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Of course no one would go to an exotic secluded island unless they were already married or taken and had a boatload of cash to spend to go to some expensive secluded spot. The single guys would go to somewhere more practical that is around infrastructure and people.
It's actually pretty cheap, which was one of the reasons we decided against Bora. But you're right, a single guy is not going to go, unless he's interested in one particular girl.

Ironically one of our best friends met her husband to be while in Camiguin. But I know that's not what you and most of the other HAers are interested in.
Who said im not interested in that? but thats not a place to go for that. Large cities or at least major cities in teh province are best for wife hunting because if its too rural then you get one-itis due to lack of choices and wind up settling with a girl you may not even truly like. I know some guys advocate going to the complete province where there is no cities for that burt i think thats ridiculous there is no safe and secure and comfortable hotels at a good price there is no malls or things to do or taxis and the population is so slim that even dating sites would probably be useless.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
davewe wrote:

Who said im not interested in that? but thats not a place to go for that. Large cities or at least major cities in teh province are best for wife hunting because if its too rural then you get one-itis due to lack of choices and wind up settling with a girl you may not even truly like. I know some guys advocate going to the complete province where there is no cities for that burt i think thats ridiculous there is no safe and secure and comfortable hotels at a good price there is no malls or things to do or taxis and the population is so slim that even dating sites would probably be useless.
So, now you're the expert on where to find a wife? What a crack up!
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:
davewe wrote:

Im talking about myself from a strategic and comfort level I know where I dont want to spend a significant time and to get maximum bang for your buck on population and comfort. Not everyone is gungho about the province life like you, in fact i hate it. You may like running around in the province or sitting in a shack and roosters all day singing with the inlaws searching for a wife, but thats not for me.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

It's always fun to go on holidays. Some resorts are crazy overpriced, but if you are lucky enough to find one that is reasonably priced and not too crowded, I imagine it would be a very enjoyable way to spend once's time. It may be more fun for a couple or a family then it is for a single guy, because you will be able to enjoy yourselves and each others company without paying much attention to your neighbors. Swimming together, eating together, laying in the sun together, it's a good life.

Davewe I am a little jealous of your life with Janet sometimes, it's seems pretty damn fun. And I'm sure the years to come will be even more fun when your retirement is finally there and you get to enjoy your golden years. You're almost thrice my age but I'm already looking forward to my retirement, haha! :D
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

davewe wrote:
davewe wrote:

Dave- here is your chance...CAMIGUIN SUCKS...
GO WITH IT! Nothing there but shacks and roosters...which BOTH rent for $1000 per night! Its awful!
You might have blown it already...all kinds of white trash could wash up on the beach....
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

MarcosZeitola wrote:It's always fun to go on holidays. Some resorts are crazy overpriced, but if you are lucky enough to find one that is reasonably priced and not too crowded, I imagine it would be a very enjoyable way to spend once's time. It may be more fun for a couple or a family then it is for a single guy, because you will be able to enjoy yourselves and each others company without paying much attention to your neighbors. Swimming together, eating together, laying in the sun together, it's a good life.

Davewe I am a little jealous of your life with Janet sometimes, it's seems pretty damn fun. And I'm sure the years to come will be even more fun when your retirement is finally there and you get to enjoy your golden years. You're almost thrice my age but I'm already looking forward to my retirement, haha! :D
I told Janet at some point that I wanted to see all 7100 islands but wasn't sure if that was realistic :)

I'd say I was a little jealous of you, since I wish I could have discovered the Philippines in my 20s. Hell, I wish I'd discovered them in my 40s. Let's just say we're both pretty lucky at our respective places in life and leave it at that!

Everyone has a different notion of what constitutes a holiday or for that matter the style of permanent living they want. I doubt I will end up in the provinces in retirement, though you never know. But I like a mix. I've been to cities like Cebu, Manila, CDO, Davao, Tagbilaran, and Dumaguete. There's a good chance we will hit Duma again this time. But I can't imagine going to the Philippines without hitting the beaches or more provincial areas. That's where the country shines.

OTOH, I am getting a sinking feeling about Camiguin. I suspect it'll suck but we'll grin and bear it :)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The daughter and her family of the caretaker of my Filipina foster daughter is living on Camiguin Island, working in Mahinog in the elementary school. She always ask me to come, but it never worked out, problem is not the money, but time.
Also our Filipina office maid has her house in Leyte, often asking me to come, but again, time is a problem - 2 years more and I will be retired and then I can travel and stay wherever I like.
During the last 3 decades I was quite around in Philippines, not everywhere, but visited many places, still never been before on Palawan and Mindanao.
I will be happy when receiving my retirement allowance and it will not be boring for me.