Another man can't find twu wuv, offs himself

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Another man can't find twu wuv, offs himself

Post by starchild5 »

tamdrin12 wrote:I live in Thailand and I am spending maybe 20,000 baht a month and I am doing most everything I want.

I get a free lunch at my school but I eat breakfast and dinner wherever I want. My apartment costs 3500 Baht a month (divide by 31 to get $USD). I bought a scooter for 15,000 baht. I get occasional massages. I go out to bars and drink whatever I want on the weekend. If I want I take weekend trips and stay in hotels. I am making 28,000 baht a month. That is $900 a month USD in America. You can't do shit with $900 a month USD in America. In Thailand I live a live guys are only dreaming of and saving cash till they can retire here. I have it made. I skipped the whole rat race and working world and went straight to the good part. This is because my only major expense now is my room and food... Before I was renting a bike but now I own one.

If I get sick of Thailand I can easily travel to Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos, or Cambodia or even the Phillipines. I am still yet to explore the beaches of southern Thailand but I am looking forward to that too.

ALso I have made friends with a few Thai guys. One I met at the temple and another in my building. That thai guy was married to an American for 14 years and has a half American son believe it or not. Now he has divorced her and has a 23 year old Thai GF. He is 47. I am also friends with my assistant, a 24 year old Thai teacher, who is very cool and is a traditional girl and is not a Thai slut. She has invited me to go on vacation with her family before but I refused. It wasn't because she wanted me but it was because she was being nice and kind to a foreigner.

There are many many good things about Thailand. No where is perfect and yes with Thai women there seems to be a lot of problems but as long as we are on this planet earth we are going to have both happiness and suffering. There is not way around it. The key is to simplify and minimize all the psychological turmoil and bullshit that leads people to think suicide is an answer. Sometimes a change of location can open up your mind in ways you didn't know were possible and take you out of a funk.
Even with all issues compared with other countries. Thailand is the best place to live.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Seconded with Starchild
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Seconded with Starchild
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

starchild5 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:The worst section of city in L.A is almost as good as a gated community in thailand probably LOL

Like i said compare same exact lifestyle and you get more bang for your buck in america. You have to live a luxurious gated community and even then you have to still step outside into the street where it looks like a war zone and full of pollution and noise. And thats not including all the b.s of being an outsider or going to the grocery store and the hassles of that. Even driving a car in asia is a pain in the a** cause of how they drive and lack of infrastructure.
LOL...You never been to Thailand....It is already a semi developed place....You are talking about TV Thailand ...Not the real one....It is not that bad living in Thailand...I was there before i came to Philippines....Its much better than Philippines for a guy from west.
On the Thailand vs bad sections of LA, or for that matter any major US city, there's no comparison.

A lot of Thailand is actually safe and just because a section of town looks 3rd world & underdeveloped, it doesn't mean that it's Fort Apache The Bronx or East St Louis. The inner city ganglands in the USA, make Thailand look like cake walk. Even in the "safe" major city of Boston, between the neighborhoods of Mattapan, Dorchester, & Roxbury, there are at least one murder per week, guaranteed. And there are sporadic mugging all around the periphery neighborhoods.

Basically, the rural regions, suburbs, and well-to-do urban locales is where the USA is safe to live in.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

starchild5 wrote:
tamdrin12 wrote:I live in Thailand and I am spending maybe 20,000 baht a month and I am doing most everything I want.

I get a free lunch at my school but I eat breakfast and dinner wherever I want. My apartment costs 3500 Baht a month (divide by 31 to get $USD). I bought a scooter for 15,000 baht. I get occasional massages. I go out to bars and drink whatever I want on the weekend. If I want I take weekend trips and stay in hotels. I am making 28,000 baht a month. That is $900 a month USD in America. You can't do shit with $900 a month USD in America. In Thailand I live a live guys are only dreaming of and saving cash till they can retire here. I have it made. I skipped the whole rat race and working world and went straight to the good part. This is because my only major expense now is my room and food... Before I was renting a bike but now I own one.

If I get sick of Thailand I can easily travel to Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos, or Cambodia or even the Phillipines. I am still yet to explore the beaches of southern Thailand but I am looking forward to that too.

ALso I have made friends with a few Thai guys. One I met at the temple and another in my building. That thai guy was married to an American for 14 years and has a half American son believe it or not. Now he has divorced her and has a 23 year old Thai GF. He is 47. I am also friends with my assistant, a 24 year old Thai teacher, who is very cool and is a traditional girl and is not a Thai slut. She has invited me to go on vacation with her family before but I refused. It wasn't because she wanted me but it was because she was being nice and kind to a foreigner.

There are many many good things about Thailand. No where is perfect and yes with Thai women there seems to be a lot of problems but as long as we are on this planet earth we are going to have both happiness and suffering. There is not way around it. The key is to simplify and minimize all the psychological turmoil and bullshit that leads people to think suicide is an answer. Sometimes a change of location can open up your mind in ways you didn't know were possible and take you out of a funk.
Even with all issues compared with other countries. Thailand is the best place to live.
How is Thailand a good place for tamdrin12 to live? When the West goes into the crapper,as an English teacher tamdrin12 is going to find himself fcked. No need for English teachers anymore. Tamdrin12 is excluded from the Thai economy, he has no future there. When the West goes, you can be sure that airlines are not going to be flying anybody around this planet for such cheap prices. Tamdrin12 won't even be able to fly back home.

Look at what the beggar 47 year old thai friend did. He went from a poverty stricken technologically backwards country found a whore from rich America and gained access to capital and customers of rich nation. Then he dumped the stupid traitorous whore.

Move up to richer, more advanced countries, Tamdrin12. Don't move down.

By the way...where are the rich educated Indians moving to? Huge numbers flooding into America, the UK, Canada, and Australia. Yet, the resident HA Indian is telling you not to do what they are doing. He wants you to move to a poor country and be a slave instead.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Luc Furr wrote:
How is Thailand a good place for tamdrin12 to live? When the West goes into the crapper,as an English teacher tamdrin12 is going to find himself fcked. No need for English teachers anymore. Tamdrin12 is excluded from the Thai economy, he has no future there. When the West goes, you can be sure that airlines are not going to be flying anybody around this planet for such cheap prices. Tamdrin12 won't even be able to fly back home.

Look at what the beggar 47 year old thai friend did. He went from a poverty stricken technologically backwards country found a whore from rich America and gained access to capital and customers of rich nation. Then he dumped the stupid traitorous whore.

By the way...where are the rich educated Indians moving to? Huge numbers flooding into America, the UK, Canada, and Australia. Yet, the resident HA Indian is telling you not to do what they are doing. He wants you to move to a poor country and be a slave instead.
The richness of the west is based on paper fiat fake currencies printing from central banks. Its not real money. Thailand would have already become a developed country had it not been for west manipulating Thai Bhat and crashing its economy in 1997 courtesy George Soros.

Thailand will become even more developed once the west goes away. Thailand has survived for 1000s of years.

I'm sure being a western guy born in the west Tamdrin12 ....does not need the words of a third world guy to tell him what to do :)

I think you have not read his past posts. Whatever you are saying. He is not STUPID. He knows it already. The difference is I'm not undermining his intelligence like you. He has been there and done that. Read his past posts and you will know where he is coming from.

Many in America, more so especially Asian American's are finding out the Better Life of west is just an illusion. Why do you think Winston created this site in the first place...Why do you think many Asian's are moving back to Asia.

--------------------

There are lots of Indians in Thailand. NanaPlaza was Owned by an Indian Lek Nana.

Nishita Shah is the third richest Thai women from India.

http://www.nriinternet.com/NRIentrepren ... /index.htm

Aloke Lohia 18th richest in Thailand from India worth 1,2 billion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloke_Lohia

The guy who created the nightlife of Thailand was an Indian' :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lek_Nana

Nana was nicknamed the "landlord of Bangkok" and owned much property along Bangkok's Sukhumvit Road, especially in the area is now known as "Soi Nana" (Sukhumvit Soi 4). The name Nana is also used for the nearby Skytrain station, the Nana Hotel and the Nana Plaza entertainment complex.[7]

Third most famous restaurant in Thailand is owned by an Indian

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/in ... -list.html

---------------------------

Forgot all that....Thailand will soon have high speed Japanese Trains :lol: :lol:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politic ... 53809.html
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

Luc Furr wrote:
starchild5 wrote:

Lol.. this post is highly delusional. English teachers are so badly needed in Asia. There is no way that that is going to change anytime soon. Yeah there isn't much future outside teaching English in Thailand unless you marry here or find a way to start a business with Thai partners as some I know have done. But that is not what I am looking for. I am happy here for now, I never said I plan on staying forever.

I have offers to teach in Kazhakstan, I am remaining mobile, and there is no danger of me being stuck here without a way out. My family is supportive and would help me if I got into a bad situation.

The people, even English teachers abroad, I can guarantee are living a lot more free of a life than people working away back in America and Europe. They are the real slaves with high rent costs, car payments, insurance, overpriced food, overpriced health care, everything overpriced and no real leisure or enjoyment of the simple pleasures of life.

That being said, I wouldn't move to teach English in a place like India. I have lived in India for a few years total and while I had an educational experience it is a bit rough on the immune system for a westerner over there. I admire the history and culture of India but India is not in its glory days anymore, unfortunately.

Thailand is not really a poor country, comparatively speaking to the rest of Asia. If you compare with the surrounding countries it is much nicer. And the city I live in is arguably, the best place to live in Thailand.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Post by lasttry »

S_Parc wrote: Basically, the rural regions, suburbs, and well-to-do urban locales is where the USA is safe to live in.
Sort of true. Murder rate is highest, by far, in rural regions, but mostly this is poor white guys with access to guns getting drunk or messed on drugs (oxycontin or meth), then getting angry about something and before long someone starts shooting. Outsiders are mostly unaffected by the violence. The actual number of murders in a state like Montana is very low versus the size of that state, but very high versus the population. Vice-versa for Boston.

There is also a huge amount of petty theft in rural regions, with rich outsiders as the favored target. Word gets around the grapevine among the poor whites that a rich city slicker is building a new house, so they move in at night and steal all the building materials. That sort of thing. You want a vacation home not to be burgled? Be prepared to pay locals to guard it.

I could also tell you horror stories about crooked government. If the local courthouse gang holds a grudge against you, for whatever reason, and you don't have huge amount of outside money or power, expect to lose everything in some sort of crooked lawsuit. Just like in some African country.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

tamdrin12 wrote:
Luc Furr wrote:
starchild5 wrote:

Lol.. this post is highly delusional. English teachers are so badly needed in Asia. There is no way that that is going to change anytime soon. Yeah there isn't much future outside teaching English in Thailand unless you marry here or find a way to start a business with Thai partners as some I know have done. But that is not what I am looking for. I am happy here for now, I never said I plan on staying forever.

I have offers to teach in Kazhakstan, I am remaining mobile, and there is no danger of me being stuck here without a way out. My family is supportive and would help me if I got into a bad situation.

The people, even English teachers abroad, I can guarantee are living a lot more free of a life than people working away back in America and Europe. They are the real slaves with high rent costs, car payments, insurance, overpriced food, overpriced health care, everything overpriced and no real leisure or enjoyment of the simple pleasures of life.

That being said, I wouldn't move to teach English in a place like India. I have lived in India for a few years total and while I had an educational experience it is a bit rough on the immune system for a westerner over there. I admire the history and culture of India but India is not in its glory days anymore, unfortunately.

Thailand is not really a poor country, comparatively speaking to the rest of Asia. If you compare with the surrounding countries it is much nicer. And the city I live in is arguably, the best place to live in Thailand.
Tamdrin12, if you don't stay forever what the heck you going to do when you go back to America? You will have no skills employers want (they don't want ESL teachers). You will have little money. You will have no American employment history. You didn't skip the rat race, you postponed it. Ever hear of the Stanford Marshmallow experiment? That study and others since link the ability to delay gratification to a host of other positive outcomes, including academic success, physical health, psychological health, and social competence. You ate that first Marshmallow that was put in front of you.

Enjoy Thailand.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

also no social security net either if you become disabled or want to retire.

He is just some directionless guy pretending to be on a mission. A mission to nothing. There is nothing cheap or special about thailand or anywhere in asia.

The only thing worse than being in asia is being a broke foreigner in asia.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

Luc Furr wrote:
tamdrin12 wrote:
Luc Furr wrote:
starchild5 wrote:

Tamdrin12, if you don't stay forever what the heck you going to do when you go back to America? You will have no skills employers want (they don't want ESL teachers). You will have little money. You will have no American employment history. You didn't skip the rat race, you postponed it. Ever hear of the Stanford Marshmallow experiment? That study and others since link the ability to delay gratification to a host of other positive outcomes, including academic success, physical health, psychological health, and social competence. You ate that first Marshmallow that was put in front of you.

Enjoy Thailand.
That sounds like an interesting experiment.. Anyway I am not on a path of idle hedonism. I am developing myself in ways I wouldn't be able to in the US. I am learning languages and have already begun work as a translator which will enable to me to work anywhere in the world eventually. Why can't you accept that some people are having a good time abroad? I guess you are on the wrong forum if you think everyone should stay stateside until they reach retirement age.. Lol that is stupid as hell.... I have no problem with self control but there is no point in waiting for the future with a big hope that you will attain happiness then. We need to have happiness in our day to day life. If you guys are so happy in America why are you telling other people on this forum that they can't be happy abroad. It's absolutely ridiculous

I prefer to stay in countries influenced by eastern spirituality as I have been studying and practicing Buddhism for the last 12 years. It's understandable that you Christian folks wouldn't like the vibe here. If you have no purpose here other than women don't bother coming (new life) you won't like it in the long run.. As I'm sure you are delusional about India and will hate the place.... Plus there is no need for delusional missionary work people are better off staying in their native religions.. Its a scientifically proven fact..
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

yes just rot away in a buddhist temple worshipping yourself calling everyone else hedonist. You are a waste of space. Hopefully you wont reproduce we already have enough people going to hell.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:yes just rot away in a buddhist temple worshipping yourself calling everyone else hedonist. You are a waste of space. Hopefully you wont reproduce we already have enough people going to hell.
You are one to talk. :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Going back to the original post. I feel bad for the guy. I understand the Asian guys who struggle dating wise in the west. For all you white or black guys that are belly aching for Asian guys it's allot harder due to racism in the dating market.

An Asian guy can only over come this in the west if he really works harder than everyone else or he gets lucky. He also brings up height as an issue along with wealth. It's funny that feminist don't want to acknowledge the double standard treatment that men get if we are not tall enough or earn enough income. It's like by default women expects men to be all 6 ft tall and earn $100,000..if we don't we are not men in their eyes but if we make fun of fat women or old women we are called sexist.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:yes just rot away in a buddhist temple worshipping yourself calling everyone else hedonist. You are a waste of space. Hopefully you wont reproduce we already have enough people going to hell.
How about respecting others people's religious beliefs?