Viable Solution for Betas who cant travel

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Viable Solution for Betas who cant travel

Post by Cornfed »

hammanta wrote:Of course you gotta do something with your time other than chasing women and drinking. Volunteer with an organization. Places like Habitat for Humanity, U.N., Child Fund, even some of the Embassys, would love to have free labor, especially foreigners. This is experience, if not great experience to bring back to the USA.

Also spend time learning the local language and the culture. NGOs and other for-profit companies need people who understand the area they work in. Or if you are a computer guy, hone your programming skills and try and get on in person with one of the Multi national corporations. I met an American guy in Manila working for I think IBM. He was shacked up in a 5 star hotel for 6 months on contract. It's all about networking.

Explaining the lapse of employment to most factory jobs or other blue collar jobs probably wouldn't be an issue, as long as you have some type of skill. It's usually about what you can do.

Now if you are looking to come back to a professional career making 60K+ a year I'm sure it's going to be more difficult. But again that's where the volunteering and not wasting your time comes into play. I'm not saying this is a full proof plan. There are risks but it can work and has worked. Just as others have mentioned, staying out of debt and not blowing thousands on luxury things is key.
It is as if some posters here are waking up from a several-decade-long coma.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Cornfed wrote:
hammanta wrote:Of course you gotta do something with your time other than chasing women and drinking. Volunteer with an organization. Places like Habitat for Humanity, U.N., Child Fund, even some of the Embassys, would love to have free labor, especially foreigners. This is experience, if not great experience to bring back to the USA.

Also spend time learning the local language and the culture. NGOs and other for-profit companies need people who understand the area they work in. Or if you are a computer guy, hone your programming skills and try and get on in person with one of the Multi national corporations. I met an American guy in Manila working for I think IBM. He was shacked up in a 5 star hotel for 6 months on contract. It's all about networking.

Explaining the lapse of employment to most factory jobs or other blue collar jobs probably wouldn't be an issue, as long as you have some type of skill. It's usually about what you can do.

Now if you are looking to come back to a professional career making 60K+ a year I'm sure it's going to be more difficult. But again that's where the volunteering and not wasting your time comes into play. I'm not saying this is a full proof plan. There are risks but it can work and has worked. Just as others have mentioned, staying out of debt and not blowing thousands on luxury things is key.
It is as if some posters here are waking up from a several-decade-long coma.
Your point?
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

hammanta wrote:
Hero wrote:
hammanta wrote:I think its more realistic for someone to take a year or two off than to stay permanently.
And when the time comes for you to return to the USA and find another job, how will you explain that 1-2 year gap on your resume?
Of course you gotta do something with your time other than chasing women and drinking. Volunteer with an organization. Places like Habitat for Humanity, U.N., Child Fund, even some of the Embassys, would love to have free labor, especially foreigners. This is experience, if not great experience to bring back to the USA.

I have met many guys who work seasonally in the USA then live overseas when they are not working. You can teach English or do some of the NGO type jobs now. You can take a year off and go back into the work force. Just don't mention it. Just say you were working. Many companies don't check that well. If the best companies do and won't hire you, then you just take a job with a lesser company and work you way into something better. I know people that have done it! My only advice to any guys that want to wait to retirement or for years, the countries will have changed for the worse by then.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

WorldTraveler wrote:
hammanta wrote:
Hero wrote:
hammanta wrote:I think its more realistic for someone to take a year or two off than to stay permanently.
And when the time comes for you to return to the USA and find another job, how will you explain that 1-2 year gap on your resume?
Of course you gotta do something with your time other than chasing women and drinking. Volunteer with an organization. Places like Habitat for Humanity, U.N., Child Fund, even some of the Embassys, would love to have free labor, especially foreigners. This is experience, if not great experience to bring back to the USA.

I have met many guys who work seasonally in the USA then live overseas when they are not working. You can teach English or do some of the NGO type jobs now. You can take a year off and go back into the work force. Just don't mention it. Just say you were working. Many companies don't check that well. If the best companies do and won't hire you, then you just take a job with a lesser company and work you way into something better. I know people that have done it! My only advice to any guys that want to wait to retirement or for years, the countries will have changed for the worse by then.

Pointless to marry young in the philippines. At 40 i can marry the same girl i would have at 20. Better to have that girl at 40 years old when your 60 then 60 and you 60. And youll often have more maturity and finances by then. More chance of knowing what you want and how to behave. Ive pretty much written off travel until my late 30's when i can approach a 20 year age gap by then. Thankfully i didn't marry before that cause by then ill have more money, know what i want, will be more mature and still get the same woman i would have 10 or 20 years ago.
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Post by lasttry »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Pointless to marry young in the philippines. At 40 i can marry the same girl i would have at 20. Better to have that girl at 40 years old when your 60 then 60 and you 60. And youll often have more maturity and finances by then. More chance of knowing what you want and how to behave. Ive pretty much written off travel until my late 30's when i can approach a 20 year age gap by then. Thankfully i didn't marry before that cause by then ill have more money, know what i want, will be more mature and still get the same woman i would have 10 or 20 years ago.
Yes, this is the smart way to go. Get a taste of p***y via P4P when you're young, never marry, wait until you're semi-retired before focusing on sex. Money is more important than sex. Wise old men like me understand this. Sex is like food. You want both daily, but who can remember every meal they've ever eaten or every time they've had sex? It's crazy to spend all your money on thing you'll soon forget. Spend a small amount of money for a few very good experiences that will leave memories. Otherwise, satisfy your urges the cheapest way possible (masturbation for sex, plain home-cooked meals for food) so you can save your money and retired young. Being poor and still slaving away at a job in your 50's in a miserable way to live. I know too many people like that.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

lasttry wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Pointless to marry young in the philippines. At 40 i can marry the same girl i would have at 20. Better to have that girl at 40 years old when your 60 then 60 and you 60. And youll often have more maturity and finances by then. More chance of knowing what you want and how to behave. Ive pretty much written off travel until my late 30's when i can approach a 20 year age gap by then. Thankfully i didn't marry before that cause by then ill have more money, know what i want, will be more mature and still get the same woman i would have 10 or 20 years ago.
Yes, this is the smart way to go. Get a taste of p***y via P4P when you're young, never marry, wait until you're semi-retired before focusing on sex. Money is more important than sex. Wise old men like me understand this. Sex is like food. You want both daily, but who can remember every meal they've ever eaten or every time they've had sex? It's crazy to spend all your money on thing you'll soon forget. Spend a small amount of money for a few very good experiences that will leave memories. Otherwise, satisfy your urges the cheapest way possible (masturbation for sex, plain home-cooked meals for food) so you can save your money and retired young. Being poor and still slaving away at a job in your 50's in a miserable way to live. I know too many people like that.
Thats basically my situation i had lots of sex and fun on my last trips to phiippines and other p4p experiences in america and now im living more spiritual and off past memories. my online income is kind of on shaky ground and although i have a lot of savings if i were to start traveling in the next few years ill likely only have enough to live very modestly with a wife (and no kids) in the 3rd world if i continue with that income till social security age. i dont see the point in rushing to go to philippines so i can burn up some hard earned money ill need later in life. Heck even if i wait till 2020 it may not be smart cause it will only be enough for a modest life of me and a wife, not enough to live in america (unless she worked) or kids.